jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I would not trust parlaymakers just my gut feeling.

I stick to mainstream books that we all know and are rated well.

Rapscallion
    Rapscallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1602

makes perfect sense lol. Guess I was feeling a little 'adventurous' this morning.

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

Quote Originally Posted by Rapscallion View Post
    I may consider this book. I go about 500 beans a game though. If I were to go on say, a 15 game streak, what should I expect? Banning? Low limits? Also, Ive heard about the whole wager confirmation thing being off due to software issues. Has that been corrected? Users who bet more than $250 a pop please chyme in and let me know your experience. Max009, if you're out there feel free to explain. Thanks in advance fellas.
    If you bet $500 a pop, you need Matchbook. $500 bettor making 5 selections per day in MLB save approx $50,000 in juice for the season. A must out for any player wanting to win.

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

I highly recommend them but within the limits of any new book
    as for the software delays
    it's the nature of the beast scrapping pinnacle lines
    they have to protect themselves against steam
    it can work for you and against you just keep that in mind

Max009
    Max009's Avatar Become A Pro!

I may consider this book. I go about 500 beans a game though. If I were to go on say, a 15 game streak, what should I expect? Banning? Low limits? Also, Ive heard about the whole wager confirmation thing being off due to software issues. Has that been corrected? Users who bet more than $250 a pop please chyme in and let me know your experience. Max009, if you're out there feel free to explain. Thanks in advance fellas.
    Thanks for the questions. $500 a game is no problem. You can see the max wager limit on any event by hovering over the check box next to the event. You are not going to be limited, banned, delayed or anything like that. Not sure what software issue you are referring too. Everything is running pretty smoothly now. Parlaymakers is an excellent out for football or any sport the same lines at the same prices or better than Pinnacle. With the instant payouts back to the ewallet you have complete control over your bankroll. having the funds in the ewallet allows for instant transfer to most of the top rated books, Greek, Bet JM, MB, Bet Phoenix, 5 Dimes, Heritage...etc.

Max009

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Sims View Post
    If you bet $500 a pop, you need Matchbook. $500 bettor making 5 selections per day in MLB save approx $50,000 in juice for the season. A must out for any player wanting to win.
    Parlaymakers and MB are an excellent combination for football. With Parlaymakers you can get everything that MB doesn't have at great prices...early lines, props, parlays, teasers, larger early limits, guaranteed liquidity. By having MB then you can also bet late with their very good pricing on moneylines and spreads. The combination of Parlaymakers and MB would give you just about everything you would possible need for this football season.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    yes does sound like at very good option for Yanks
    bit of a pity about that 2% fee deducted from every collect by GP though so not entirely comparable with Pinnacle odds
    Is that 2% over the entire amount going back to GP, so money risked and won?

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Is that 2% over the entire amount going back to GP, so money risked and won?
    No. Just on money won.

Rapscallion

Thanks everyone for the responses. Max I viewed a thread here from a few months back and if I read and comprehended correctly, a couple posters said they were quoted a price but once they submitted a wager, the price/line was different on their ticket and they were not able confirm the new price before the wager was put in play. ie you get on a -105 but after the wager was submitted, the ticket shows -110. Im at work now so I cant recall the thread title, but later on I will provide links to where I saw the posts. I believe you said it was a software error that would be rectified.

Max009

Quote Originally Posted by bookie View Post
    No. Just on money won.
    This is correct.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

What makes you think you can offer large limits and pinny lines and not get killed?

fido007
    fido007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Why is Parlaymakers not rated by SBR?

Max009

Thanks everyone for the responses. Max I viewed a thread here from a few months back and if I read and comprehended correctly, a couple posters said they were quoted a price but once they submitted a wager, the price/line was different on their ticket and they were not able confirm the new price before the wager was put in play. ie you get on a -105 but after the wager was submitted, the ticket shows -110. Im at work now so I cant recall the thread title, but later on I will provide links to where I saw the posts. I believe you said it was a software error that would be rectified.
    Here is how it works: When you place an order we always check the line and give you the most current line. Your wager is placed at that line. This eliminates all steam chasing issues, you will not be able to beat us to a line change. If your not steam betting 99% of the time this will not be an issue and when it is an issue it will break evenly both ways. It is the same basic principle as a market order in the stock market. This is different than most places who allow you to go back and review your wager if the line changes. From our perspective we simply can not give you the low juice (pinnacle) line and then deal with steam chasing. If the Pinnacle line without steam chasing isnt good enough for you then we can't help you. It is fair to the client and operationally for us much more efficient. It also eliminates people getting banned for steam chasing either rightfully or incorrectly. At Parlaymakers we have a level playing field.

durito
    escarabajo negro

Quote Originally Posted by Max009 View Post
    Here is how it works: When you place an order we always check the line and give you the most current line.
    So your book is based on the idea that it's ok to cheat players?

ForgetWallStreet
    ForgetWallStreet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here is how it works: When you place an order we always check the line and give you the most current line.
    GMAFB.

Rapscallion

Max, I understand wanting to protect your operation from steam chasers, but isn't that the old bait and switch? For the record, most steam chasers are losers simply because they dont know WHY the line is moving, only the most savvy betors know when to follow steam. I think it would be a lot better to show what you are offering so 'steam chasers' would simply back off. This leaves the door open to too much speculation and suspicion ........is everyone getting the same line?

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

Here is how it works: When you place an order we always check the line and give you the most current line. Your wager is placed at that line. This eliminates all steam chasing issues, you will not be able to beat us to a line change. If your not steam betting 99% of the time this will not be an issue and when it is an issue it will break evenly both ways. It is the same basic principle as a market order in the stock market. This is different than most places who allow you to go back and review your wager if the line changes. From our perspective we simply can not give you the low juice (pinnacle) line and then deal with steam chasing. If the Pinnacle line without steam chasing isnt good enough for you then we can't help you. It is fair to the client and operationally for us much more efficient. It also eliminates people getting banned for steam chasing either rightfully or incorrectly. At Parlaymakers we have a level playing field.
    have I got this straight?

I can ask for a bet at -105 and without being advised in advance it is placed at -110 ? and can't be cancelled?

If that's the case, it's a first in my experience and a total turnoff from becoming involved with PM

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

How quickly does parlaymakers grade its wagers?

Why are the limits on parlays and teasers low?.....Teasers are good mainly for Football. If you have $250 limit on teasers, what's the use?

venice2222
    venice2222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2354

I have placed a few $25 bets with them over the summer and they are slower than most books in grading wagers. This seems like a very small shop. However, I may try them out again during football season.

ForgetWallStreet
    ForgetWallStreet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by venice2222 View Post
    IHowever, I may try them out again during football season.
    Why?

Max009

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    So your book is based on the idea that it's ok to cheat players?
    No one is being cheated. It is just like a market order in the stock market. We are always upfront with how we operate.

Max009

have I got this straight?

I can ask for a bet at -105 and without being advised in advance it is placed at -110 ? and can't be cancelled?

If that's the case, it's a first in my experience and a total turnoff from becoming involved with PM
    Technically correct although unlikely. If your not steam chasing it is just as likely that you will place the order and get a better price. It is just like a market order in the stock market. Not much change for most players frankly but it could affect people trying to chase a fast moving line.

Max009

Max, I understand wanting to protect your operation from steam chasers, but isn't that the old bait and switch? For the record, most steam chasers are losers simply because they dont know WHY the line is moving, only the most savvy betors know when to follow steam. I think it would be a lot better to show what you are offering so 'steam chasers' would simply back off. This leaves the door open to too much speculation and suspicion ........is everyone getting the same line?
    There is no bait and switch. Everyone gets the same treatment. There are no delays, different lines, limiting, or banning.

Hareeba!

Technically correct although unlikely. If your not steam chasing it is just as likely that you will place the order and get a better price. It is just like a market order in the stock market. Not much change for most players frankly but it could affect people trying to chase a fast moving line.
    thanks for the response but I would never accept that condition so PM is not for me and I don't think many of the punters I know would accept it either

I am not a 'steam chaser' but it seems 'steam' does chase me

Max009

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    How quickly does parlaymakers grade its wagers?

Why are the limits on parlays and teasers low?.....Teasers are good mainly for Football. If you have $250 limit on teasers, what's the use?
    We do grade a little slower than some places and we have some technical things we are improving to speed up that process but since we have custom software it takes a little time to make all the needed changes.

Limits are lower on teasers and parlays because those are more leveraged and we have to post up with gp just like you do so larger limits on those can tie up a lot more capital. Teasers we may consider increasing the limit on as we get in to football.

Max009

thanks for the response but I would never accept that condition so PM is not for me and I don't think many of the punters I know would accept it either

I am not a 'steam chaser' but it seems 'steam' does chase me
    Well you always have to go where you think works best for you. I strongly suspect that if a players biggest beef with us is that then it is probably having the desired effect of keeping the steam chasing and all the problems that creates away. A market order is used for billions of dollars in the stock market everyday, I dont think market traders think of that as some sort of gimmick or con. It is different, but frankly we like different.

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

so in our never ending pursuit to find the best number, we should just place orders and you will secure the best price?

awesome, sign me up.

can i get 2 accounts?

Hareeba!

Well you always have to go where you think works best for you. I strongly suspect that if a players biggest beef with us is that then it is probably having the desired effect of keeping the steam chasing and all the problems that creates away. A market order is used for billions of dollars in the stock market everyday, I dont think market traders think of that as some sort of gimmick or con. It is different, but frankly we like different.
    yes, and tote players accept it too

but there is a difference with the stockmarket - investors don't on the whole have anywhere else to go .. but unlike at PM it seems they are able to elect a min or max price for their trade

with sports betting there are several other places to bet ... why should I accept you deciding to take my bet at -110 (without warning!) when I placed the order at -105 because it was better than the -108 I could have taken at another book?

then I have to pay a 2% fee to collect my winnings!

sorry mate, you can't really claim to be a Pinnacle equivalent with this sort of deal
    Last edited by Hareeba!; 08-26-10 at 06:16 PM.

durito
    escarabajo negro

Technically correct although unlikely. If your not steam chasing it is just as likely that you will place the order and get a better price.
    Only if you are coin flipping.

How do you plan on dealing pinny lines without getting pinny volume?

Max009

yes, and tote players accept it too

but there is a difference with the stockmarket - investors don't on the whole have anywhere else to go .. but unlike at PM it seems they are able to elect a min or max price for their trade

with sports betting there are several other places to bet ... why should I accept you deciding to take my bet at -110 (without warning!) when I placed the order at -105 because it was better than the -108 I could have taken at another book?

then I have to pay a 2% fee to collect my winnings!

sorry mate, you can't really claim to be a Pinnacle equivalent with this sort of deal
    Your free to do as you please. If your in the US and you don't like Pinnacle lines and you would rather play at some place else that may have lower limits or higher juice you can do that. Everything comes with tradeoffs. If your complaint is that you are not allowed to steam chase at Parlaymakers then your right.

Max009

If you are saying that you consistently know which way the line is going to move before it moves then you never have a problem with a market order style wager because you are always wagering before the line starts moving. It is only when you are trying to beat us to a line change that you will consistently be disappointed.

We are confident in our low juice business model and we have sufficient resources to make it successful. We have taken a grow slow approach, we don't offer ridiculous bonuses, just low juice, excellent variety and growing one customer at a time. Once people start playing with us they continue to do so because we offer great value and simple lightning fast payouts which gives players control over their bankroll and not us.

Hareeba!

Your free to do as you please. If your in the US and you don't like Pinnacle lines and you would rather play at some place else that may have lower limits or higher juice you can do that. Everything comes with tradeoffs. If your complaint is that you are not allowed to steam chase at Parlaymakers then your right.
    No, my complaint is simply that you can substitute without warning a different price to the offer you put up and which a player accepts.

No other bookie I've ever come across does that and all the punters of my acquaintance would regard that as totally unacceptable.

Further, to spruik that you are offering US punters a Pinnacle equivalent when they have to also accept a 2% fee to collect their winnings is somewhat misleading.

btw Pinnacle always warns when a price has changed after you've selected it.

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

I imagine they are betting back into Pinny and taking the 2% + giving you the raw end on any market moves. Basically a glorified agent.

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

They should be able to limit their hold quite easily.

It is a smart idea if they are running it like I would.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post
    I imagine they are betting back into Pinny and taking the 2% + giving you the raw end on any market moves. Basically a glorified agent.
    no, GP takes the 2%, not PM,

First 12345 ... Last