flor37
    flor37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 630

Pinnacle for stateside players

I suggest the threads relating to Parlaymakers be read. They are offering the SAME lines as Pinnacle, with $4000 limits now in many cases, singles of course, parlays using Pinnacle's best lines -not Pinnacle's increased juice parlay lines, teasers et cetera all but as good as anywhere. There are perpetual bonuses (bona), and instant payouts via GP, which incidently anomynizes your identity when betting. Moneybookers also available. They intend to offer the dropdown menus that Pinnacle offer for singles as well, offering generally five different handicaps and totals. Using GP means they do NOT have control of your funds deposited, only your bet.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

Quote Originally Posted by flor37 View Post
    I suggest the threads relating to Parlaymakers be read. They are offering the SAME lines as Pinnacle, with $4000 limits now in many cases, singles of course, parlays using Pinnacle's best lines -not Pinnacle's increased juice parlay lines, teasers et cetera all but as good as anywhere. There are perpetual bonuses (bona), and instant payouts via GP, which incidently anomynizes your identity when betting. Moneybookers also available. They intend to offer the dropdown menus that Pinnacle offer for singles as well, offering generally five different handicaps and totals. Using GP means they do NOT have control of your funds deposited, only your bet.

yes does sound like at very good option for Yanks
    bit of a pity about that 2% fee deducted from every collect by GP though so not entirely comparable with Pinnacle odds
    Matchbook probably still the better option for singles, particularly if you post offers rather than accept them

increasedodds
    increasedodds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Question is do you trust GP...

Max009
    Max009's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by increasedodds View Post
    Question is do you trust GP...

What I recommend to people who want to use Parlaymakers is to start small and build up your confidence level with how the system works. If I was a player and had your concerns I would do something like the following:

If I was using GP I would fund my GP account for say $500 then start playing at Parlaymakers. Since your winnings are always instantly paid back to your account I would set a threshold of say $750 and any time my GP balance reached $750 I would deposit $250 to another larger book that uses GP like say The Greek, or Bet Jamaica so my liability would always be back to $500. If your balance dropped below $500 you could move some funds back to your GP account from another book to keep you at that level. This would allow you to play and reduce your overall risk. Always having control of your winnings and the ability to instantly transfer to other books is a big advantage of using Parlaymakers.

As your confidence level grew you could increase your threshold.

flor37

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    yes does sound like at very good option for Yanks
    bit of a pity about that 2% fee deducted from every collect by GP though so not entirely comparable with Pinnacle odds
    Matchbook probably still the better option for singles, particularly if you post offers rather than accept them
    Correct, but the perpetual bonus is of some value here, to offset the GP commission. Likewise, Moneybookers, whilst charging a commission, bets are not immediately graded and settled to MB, so after some wins and some losses, the overall surplus can be withdrawn. Forgot to mention, there is an exchange facility also, so if you want a better price/line, post your requirements. Indeed, Matchbook is good, but it offers FEW different betting options and way less event coverage.

In short, Parlaymakers is a thinking man's book. Good luck! It'll be interesting if Pinnacle became interested in being part of the Risk Pool, wouldn't it?

coloradobuff
    coloradobuff's Avatar Become A Pro!

This guy flor37, couldnt be farther from the truth..I am guessing with a total of 2 posts, he is working for parlaymakers..i just looked at parlaymakers site, and they are using 11 cents juice on some NFL totals (-113 one side +102 on the other)..Now thats a joke.

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

Quote Originally Posted by coloradobuff View Post
    This guy flor37, couldnt be farther from the truth..I am guessing with a total of 2 posts, he is working for parlaymakers..i just looked at parlaymakers site, and they are using 11 cents juice on some NFL totals (-113 one side +102 on the other)..Now thats a joke.
    I wont talk to flor37 but parlaymakers is using pinnacles line or better in some case
    if Pinnacle has -113/+102 so does maxy

increasedodds

That doesnt solve the ******* issue. I'm fairly sure the guys at Olympic or Pinnacle wont get pinched. I have no idea who runs gp and whether they might choose to come to the US

flor37

Nope, not at PM. I joined this SBR 9/9 last year. A 30 year pro player in Asia. Only read this forum and the handicaping forum, at times. Don't bother posting as most of the time I don't really care what the other players think and/or do. I worry about myself. However, I had to ask PM last week about its grading policy of all totals and tennis handicaps. Their answer got me thinking. This book may be of great use to me, but I need it to make the grade, so to speak. It is innovative and seems worth a try. Parlays using Pinnacle's lowest juice lines are my angle. At the moment, Pinnacle, Betfair and Matchbook are so far ahead of the rest it is not funny. However, if you're stateside or in the territories, the first two are unavailable, whilst Matchbook has great lines, but small to moderate liquidity and very limited options and props. PM, however, has quite a few different unique things going for it as I have mentioned. It is, in many respects, a quasi-Pinnacle, and then some.
    Last edited by flor37; 08-01-10 at 11:58 AM.

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

parlaymakers is not even close to being pinny.

flor37

Indeed, but with $4000 limits and Pinny's lines, its not a bad option for American players. Remember, they can NOT bet at Pinny!

Max009

flor37 has nothing to do with Parlaymakers other than an interested customer. I do work with Parlaymakers. We don't have any paid posters other than our Parlaymakers Panda reps which you may see in the near future at some forums. Anybody working with Parlaymakers will have the Parlaymakers logo in their avatar. The Parlaymakers Low Juice lines are identical to Pinnacle's so be sure you are looking at the Low Juice lines when making your comparison. The Pinnacle base for NFL totals is -105 and -104 for spreads. Almost every wager option available at Pinnacle is available at Parlaymakers. Summary, great selection, great value, good limits.

jackkkk2009
    jackkkk2009's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3882

Can deposits go into your pinny account via GP?

coloradobuff
    coloradobuff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Max009 View Post
    flor37 has nothing to do with Parlaymakers other than an interested customer. I do work with Parlaymakers. We don't have any paid posters other than our Parlaymakers Panda reps which you may see in the near future at some forums. Anybody working with Parlaymakers will have the Parlaymakers logo in their avatar. The Parlaymakers Low Juice lines are identical to Pinnacle's so be sure you are looking at the Low Juice lines when making your comparison. The Pinnacle base for NFL totals is -105 and -104 for spreads. Almost every wager option available at Pinnacle is available at Parlaymakers. Summary, great selection, great value, good limits.

Ok, gotcha..but again, why not try and do what 95% of shops do on nfl totals and thats 10 cent juice maximum?

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

Quote Originally Posted by jackkkk2009 View Post
    Can deposits go into your pinny account via GP?
    If you're in the US you can't have a Pinnacle account to fund?

increasedodds

Parlaymakers could be 100% legit. I have nothing to say they are not.

My problem is I have no idea who owns GP or how legit they are. To make $4000 bets I'd need to keep 5-6 figures in GP. There are not many places i'd keep that kind of cash.

I find it hard to believe that Parlaymakers is keeping 7+ figures in GP, but to accept and instantly pay $4000 bets all they time they would need to do so.

I wonder whether the principles behind Parlaymakers and GP might be related.

I hope 5 years from now I look at PM as the next Pinnacle - For a long time I've wondered why no US facing book has copied Pinnacle, but for now I will watch.

Olympic, Bookmaker, 5dimes, Legends, etc all you guys with a long term reputation, why not copy Pinnacle for the US. You'd get 75+% of the volume... If I owned one of the A+ books, I'd do what Pinnacle did. You'd make a killing on volume.

Max009

Parlaymakers could be 100% legit. I have nothing to say they are not.

My problem is I have no idea who owns GP or how legit they are. To make $4000 bets I'd need to keep 5-6 figures in GP. There are not many places i'd keep that kind of cash.

I find it hard to believe that Parlaymakers is keeping 7+ figures in GP, but to accept and instantly pay $4000 bets all they time they would need to do so.

I wonder whether the principles behind Parlaymakers and GP might be related.

I hope 5 years from now I look at PM as the next Pinnacle - For a long time I've wondered why no US facing book has copied Pinnacle, but for now I will watch.

Olympic, Bookmaker, 5dimes, Legends, etc all you guys with a long term reputation, why not copy Pinnacle for the US. You'd get 75+% of the volume... If I owned one of the A+ books, I'd do what Pinnacle did. You'd make a killing on volume.
    That is why I suggested starting small to try it out. Small being whatever your comfortable with. Value wise it is an excellent option and you can limit your exposure based on your level of confidence in how it works for you. At any rate, best of luck to you. Also, you can read the blog on the website which provides a lot of insight on how Parlaymakers got started if you are interested.

increasedodds

Nothing is gained by starting small. I 100% believe that parlaymakers currently pays all bets. I have no need to test it out - It's not like if I make 10 $100 bets and get paid I will suddenly want to put $50,000 there. It takes years of the book being around and everyone being happy to feel secure

The benefit of Pinnacle is that it has been flawless for over a decade.

I'm hopeful 5 years from now, I will have a ton of confidence in PM. We could really use a new Pinnacle.

Max009

Nothing is gained by starting small. I 100% believe that parlaymakers currently pays all bets. I have no need to test it out - It's not like if I make 10 $100 bets and get paid I will suddenly want to put $50,000 there. It takes years of the book being around and everyone being happy to feel secure

I'm hopeful 5 years from now, I will have a ton of confidence in PM. We could really use a new Pinnacle.
    Sure there is something to be gained. If you are getting a better price that will mean more money in your pocket. You would have to compare it to where you are playing now and see if you were getting a better price and see if that would be worth it for you. Lets say your main book was the Greek but you wanted to be able to get some lower lines on some things so you put 10% of your roll in GP to test out Parlaymakers and then always move your winnings back to the Greek via GP. Something like that might be a good way to test it out and assess your comfort level while minimizing your risk. As you know, if your are wagering a lot then getting -104 versus -110 is a big difference very quickly. It seems to me the more flexibility you have to always get the best price the better chance you have of being a long term winner.

If you have a $50,000 wagering amount I am sure you have more than one book so you can maximize your profits and minimize your overall exposure to any one book.

I understand your desire to minimize risk in the offshore environment so I think something along the lines of what I am suggesting could maximize your profits with minimal additional risk. I do appreciate your input and perspective.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

there is no way parlaymakers could have missed a payment , if they had it would have been all over the forums, i love the instant payout options, then collect through ** or **,
    also they let you parlay many things pinny won't , like the alternate lines in baseball next to 5dimes they have the most parlay options and the same teasers as 5dimes

increasedodds

I have no worries about Parlaymakers.

My question is who owns/runs GP? Is it someone from another major book? Someone that's built up trust over the years?

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

sean has made some good points in this thread.

this below is well said and keeps most away.

"Nothing is gained by starting small. I 100% believe that parlaymakers currently pays all bets. I have no need to test it out - It's not like if I make 10 $100 bets and get paid I will suddenly want to put $50,000 there. It takes years of the book being around and everyone being happy to feel secure

I'm hopeful 5 years from now, I will have a ton of confidence in PM. We could really use a new Pinnacle."

Igetp2s
    Igetp2s's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its amazing how people never learn.

High Limits + little and uneven betting volume + reduced juice = high risk.

What the hell does anyone know about *******? Instant payouts to ******* is supposed to alleviate that risk. I had tons of money stuck in Neteller for a long time, and they were the gold standard. Who knows the first thing about *******.

I would highly, highly recommend proceeding with caution and depositing small amounts, as Max suggested. It would take years of reliable payments from ******* (not just from PM) before I would recommend going anywhere near their betting limits.

Max009

Quote Originally Posted by Igetp2s View Post
    Its amazing how people never learn.

High Limits + little and uneven betting volume + reduced juice = high risk.

What the hell does anyone know about *******? Instant payouts to ******* is supposed to alleviate that risk. I had tons of money stuck in Neteller for a long time, and they were the gold standard. Who knows the first thing about *******.

I would highly, highly recommend proceeding with caution and depositing small amounts, as Max suggested. It would take years of reliable payments from ******* (not just from PM) before I would recommend going anywhere near their betting limits.
    Always good advice to start slow in any relationship and build your confidence level with how the relationship works and how the payout process works.

flor37

Increasedodds wrote...Olympic, Bookmaker, 5dimes, Legends, etc all you guys with a long term reputation, why not copy Pinnacle for the US. You'd get 75+% of the volume... If I owned one of the A+ books, I'd do what Pinnacle did. You'd make a killing on volume.

Good point. Ask the relevant books.

At worst, they could take a position in Parlaymakers' Risk Pool. Now there's an idea!

increasedodds

Its good to see that 5dimes, Olympic, Matchbook take GP. That makes me feel more confident in it. Might try out parlaymakers this season.

venice2222
    venice2222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2354

I used parlaymakers a few times this summer to bet on world cup games and French Open tennis. This was to try them out. I usually made small bets of $25-$50. They were graded fairly quickly and the proceeds were immediately deposited into my GP account. Last friday I requested a $500 ** withdrawal from GP at noon CST, and I received an email with the transfer details around 6pm CST. I realize the bets I placed were small, and winnings were low, but I must say that the service at parlay makers and GP have been excellent. Match book is my primary book for NFL and college football, but I might place a few bets at Parlaymakers again this fall.

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Using Moneybookers effectively removes the 2% commission, but I can't find anything on Moneybookers payout fees.

Max009

Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    Using Moneybookers effectively removes the 2% commission, but I can't find anything on Moneybookers payout fees.
    No Moneybookers payout fees but you can only do one every 7 days.

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

arlaymakers denied my teasers all the time last year, it was a total waste of time for me last nfl season (i don't know the situation now, but i would suggest book to book transfers at least to matchbook)

Halifax
    Halifax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1605

Ok, gotcha..but again, why not try and do what 95% of shops do on nfl totals and thats 10 cent juice maximum?
    I guess I must have just come out of a coma.

Before I went into the coma, 95% of shops offered 20 cent lines on NFL totals.

-----------------

..i just looked at parlaymakers site, and they are using 11 cents juice on some NFL totals (-113 one side +102 on the other)..Now thats a joke.
    In the example you used, PM is using an 11 cent line .... much better than the 20 cent line that 95% of books use.

-113,+102 is much better than -110,-110

Last edited by Halifax; 08-05-10 at 07:41 PM.

Max009

Quote Originally Posted by trixtrix View Post
    arlaymakers denied my teasers all the time last year, it was a total waste of time for me last nfl season (i don't know the situation now, but i would suggest book to book transfers at least to matchbook)
    Back when we were working with MB there were a lot of issues. I think you will find that since we have been a stand alone book this year things are a lot smoother. I won't say perfect but much improved. You can always move money to MB from Parlaymakers instantly without having to ask for a transfer. At Parlaymakers you are in control of your money not us.

Max009

Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    I guess I must have just come out of a coma.

Before I went into the coma, 95% of shops offered 20 cent lines on NFL totals.

-----------------

In the example you used, PM is using an 11 cent line .... much better than the 20 cent line that 95% of books use.

-113,+102 is much better than -110,-110

It is well publicized about Parlaymakers that we use the same lines as Pinnacle. This year for the NFL that means a base of -104 on spreads and -105 on totals.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

the costs through ******* were payed back to me in form of a bonus , i am pretty sure almost the whole amount was covered , it was very small amount of bets, but i remember getting something in my ******* account saying bonus ,

Rapscallion
    Rapscallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1602

I may consider this book. I go about 500 beans a game though. If I were to go on say, a 15 game streak, what should I expect? Banning? Low limits? Also, Ive heard about the whole wager confirmation thing being off due to software issues. Has that been corrected? Users who bet more than $250 a pop please chyme in and let me know your experience. Max009, if you're out there feel free to explain. Thanks in advance fellas.

1234 ... Last