durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

SIA now advertising at SBR

Is this new or did I just see it?

That this was coming was obvious for a while.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Yeah all those upgrades certainly didn't seem to be a coincidence.
    Points Awarded:

Chuck Sims gave skrtelfan 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

They aren't coincidences. SIA has been asking to advertise regularly for years but was not rated high enough... just as LooseLines was was downgraded yesterday and is no longer a sponsor.

SIA is sponsoring 2 free contests for the month of June.

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

is/was betus an advertiser here? sia would be a better sponsor imo than betus. although i personally have no complaints regarding either book, sia cut me off but paid me 20k in amazingly prompt fashion

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

BetUS has made it off the blacklist and to a high of C which is far from the grade required to sponsor the community pages. Good business people have taken over much of their operation but their history of stealing from players is like a boat anchor on the rating. The risk to players is low but their history is a factor.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Quote Originally Posted by skrtelfan View Post
    Yeah all those upgrades certainly didn't seem to be a coincidence.

SIA and I have had many, many discussions in the last 2 years. I am pretty sure I was their least favorite person for awhile, but they have made many changes. They improved their CS, made their rules reasonable, and are handling player issues much better.

Like any other rec book, they will close you down eventually... but they have a higher tolerance than most other rec-books.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Meanwhile BetPhoenix continues to roll along as a B+ book.............simply incredible.

vitalyo
    vitalyo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    They aren't coincidences. SIA has been asking to advertise regularly for years but was not rated high enough... just as LooseLines was was downgraded yesterday and is no longer a sponsor.

SIA is sponsoring 2 free contests for the month of June.
    I don't give much credit, nor compliments to any book . But to be fair . I play with SIA for the last 2 years . And i have ZERO problems . They advertise on RX too (for the last 16 months,could be more)
    And i am yet to see one legit negative response (unless i missed one) .
    SIA pays and they are solid .Book is not afraid to post it own line and stick with it .
    Many players use them for value betting . A specially when it comes to Football .

SIA is not a new book . Or the book that just came out of the shadows .
    For the bonus whores , and shared IP users . Don't even try to pull this shit on them .Couple of years ago SIA put in place new security futures that will spot you right away . So don't try to be smart with them .
    Book has live betting ( hard to find any value,except O/U ) . They offer soccer "in play" daily .
    You will get risk free bets almost on monthly bases UP to $50 .
    They grade wagers fast . And fast on payouts.

GL.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by vitalyo View Post
    I don't give much credit, nor compliments to any book . But to be fair . I play with SIA for the last 2 years . And i have ZERO problems . They advertise on RX too (for the last 16 months,could be more)
    And i am yet to see one legit negative response (unless i missed one) .
    SIA pays and they are solid .Book is not afraid to post it own line and stick with it .
    Many players use them for value betting . A specially when it comes to Football .

SIA is not a new book . Or the book that just came out of the shadows .
    For the bonus whores , and shared IP users . Don't even try to pull this shit on them .Couple of years ago SIA put in place new security futures that will spot you right away . So don't try to be smart with them .
    Book has live betting ( hard to find any value,except O/U ) . They offer soccer "in play" daily .
    You will get risk free bets almost on monthly bases UP to $50 .
    They grade wagers fast . And fast on payouts.

GL.
    GREAT POST!!!!!

SPOT ON!!!!!

Meanwhile, it took SBR ages to raise their rating ............and BPHX keeps singing along as a B+ book after and during hundreds of slowpays.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Fish, Are you talking about the 7 players who had Moneybookers delays? Please elaborate.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

I've had an account with SIA for over a year and have gotta say they've been perfect (fast payouts, good customer service etc), personally I've not seen these way off lines everyone brags about that are "free money", their lines seem kinda run of the mill and they have 20 cent lines on baseball but the 2 payouts I've gotten from them in the past year or so were both received in less than a week
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 06-02-10 at 12:11 PM.

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    Meanwhile BetPhoenix continues to roll along as a B+ book.............simply incredible.

Yeah, this is a joke. We all know that if the rating were to drop to one more in line with BP's actual performance, they would not be eligible as a sponsor. This creates a clear conflict of interest and precludes SBR from being a trusted source of ratings. It's like relying on Standard & Poors to rate the mortgage backed securities sold by banks who pay them millions and millions of dollars in fees. How did that work out?

Also, take a look at SBR's front page and how obvious it is that they have some kind of deal with BP to keep them off it... Take this recent complaint for example:

"06.01.2010 (02:27 PM CST)
    Sportsbetting.com player claims to have lost $1710 balance via software error
    A Sportsbetting.com (SBR rating C-) player claims to have lost his $1710.92 balance as a result of a software error. The player attempted to sit at the Sportsbetting poker table and clicked an open seat, when he claims a technical error message displayed on the screen which froze his poker client. After rebooting the client and logging back into his Sportsbetting.com account, the player claims his $1710.92 balance was missing. SBR is following up on the complaint."

I want to stress that I have no problem with this issue showing up on the front page and that I hope SBR gets to the bottom of it. My problem is that BP has had several similiar complaints filed against it, not to mention complaints of disappearing bets (one of which was admitted to have happened by BP) and slow pays, and yet not one single time has a BP complaint made the front page. The reason why is obvious. SBR has been paid off, plain and simple.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-06-14 at 02:52 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chuck Sims

vitalyo
    vitalyo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    GREAT POST!!!!!

SPOT ON!!!!!

Meanwhile, it took SBR ages to raise their rating ............and BPHX keeps singing along as a B+ book after and during hundreds of slowpays.
    True. BP is no where near SIA .

PS. I am so sick of this books that take MB deposits . Only to tell you , that they can't do the same way payouts . WTF do they do with our money ?

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

SIA has really changed if the posters above are telling it straight. 4 years ago i was limited to $50 with in 10 wagers. Everyone else i knew who had a clue was also limited out within 2 weeks of action. Now, maybe that has all changed..... So rec book for sure

Difference between them and Phoenix? Now that is laughable, my "limit" at Phoenix is 500 per game. I am still fairly confident my action would not last at SIA--even one week.

Let's hope they have changed.

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

Quote Originally Posted by KGambler View Post
    Yeah, this is a joke. We all know that if the rating were to drop to one more in line with BP's actual performance, they would not be eligible as a sponsor. This creates a clear conflict of interest and precludes SBR from being a trusted source of ratings. It's like relying on Standard & Poors to rate the mortgage backed securities sold by banks who pay them millions and millions of dollars in fees. How did that work out?

Also, take a look at SBR's front page and how obvious it is that they have some kind of deal with BP to keep them off it... Take this recent complaint for example:

"06.01.2010 (02:27 PM CST)

A Sportsbetting.com (SBR rating C-) player claims to have lost his $1710.92 balance as a result of a software error. The player attempted to sit at the Sportsbetting poker table and clicked an open seat, when he claims a technical error message displayed on the screen which froze his poker client. After rebooting the client and logging back into his Sportsbetting.com account, the player claims his $1710.92 balance was missing. SBR is following up on the complaint."

I want to stress that I have no problem with this issue showing up on the front page and that I hope SBR gets to the bottom of it. My problem is that BP has had several similiar complaints filed against it, not to mention complaints of disappearing bets (one of which was admitted to have happened by BP) and slow pays, and yet not one single time has a BP complaint made the front page. The reason why is obvious. SBR has been paid off, plain and simple.
    Well said KGambler. Spot on too.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-06-14 at 02:53 PM.

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by katstale View Post
    SIA has really changed if the posters above are telling it straight. 4 years ago i was limited to $50 with in 10 wagers. Everyone else i knew who had a clue was also limited out within 2 weeks of action. Now, maybe that has all changed..... So rec book for sure

Difference between them and Phoenix? Now that is laughable, my "limit" at Phoenix is 500 per game. I am still fairly confident my action would not last at SIA--even one week.

Let's hope they have changed.
    That is not the normal experience of people who exploit SIA's poor lines. I lasted for years (due to bad luck) until I finally won $20K and had my account closed. They banned me and sent me a check for my remaining balance. Many people have had this same exact experience.

I would bet the max on NFL games where I was getting +7.5 -105 when Pinnacle had +7 -115. I would bet boxing matches where the other side was arbable by 10%... I am talking bets where you are just blatantly taking money from an incompetent bookmaker (in the long run).

Were you and your friends all betting the same stale lines (sharing info)? It usually takes SIA years before they figure out that someone is betting their stale or rogue lines, so something you did must have brought you to their attention sooner. I am not saying you did anything wrong, just that SIA usually takes years, not weeks, to realize that someone knows what they are doing.

Also, SIA is head and shoulders superior to BP. They have better software and are much more trustworthy. And did I mention they have the weakest lines of any book you can count on to pay winners?

If you have a chance to play with SIA, definitely take the opportunity. Try not to draw attention to yourself though. Don't bet the max, don't tell the world about the stale line you found, etc. Eventually they will find out that you are an advantage gambler and give you the boot, but they pay.

lawsofpower48
    lawsofpower48's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by KGambler View Post
    That is not the normal experience of people who exploit SIA's poor lines. I lasted for years (due to bad luck) until I finally won $20K and had my account closed. They banned me and sent me a check for my remaining balance. Many people have had this same exact experience.

I would bet the max on NFL games where I was getting +7.5 -105 when Pinnacle had +7 -115. I would bet boxing matches where the other side was arbable by 10%... I am talking bets where you are just blatantly taking money from an incompetent bookmaker (in the long run).

Were you and your friends all betting the same stale lines (sharing info)? It usually takes SIA years before they figure out that someone is betting their stale or rogue lines, so something you did must have brought you to their attention sooner. I am not saying you did anything wrong, just that SIA usually takes years, not weeks, to realize that someone knows what they are doing.

Also, SIA is head and shoulders superior to BP. They have better software and are much more trustworthy. And did I mention they have the weakest lines of any book you can count on to pay winners?

If you have a chance to play with SIA, definitely take the opportunity. Try not to draw attention to yourself though. Don't bet the max, don't tell the world about the stale line you found, etc. Eventually they will find out that you are an advantage gambler and give you the boot, but they pay.
    yup, sia pays quick...i still curently use them for mlb and their live betting gets me back on track if i took a hit for the game... i'd take sia over bp anyday
    Last edited by lawsofpower48; 06-02-10 at 01:18 PM.

skrtelfan

My experience there, and those of people I know, were more in line with KGambler's than katstale's. SIA's limits were never particularly high and the limit was often only $220 or $440 on major sports, but most people were able to win 15k-20k before getting the boot. I actually never heard of them cutting limits, they just outright booted people after a certain win amount. I think katstale's the first person I remember mentioning limit cuts there.

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

i can support katsdale's statement regarding sia cutting limits a few years back, as recent as 2006 i think, i know b/c my mma limits when from 550 to 330 finally to 110. after that, i just stopped using them as it became difficult funding wise due to UIGEA. about a year or so i returned there and was pleasantly surprised when all my limits were restored to their pre-cut limits, so some time between 2006-2009 the limits were reverted. unfortunately i got tossed out shortly after w/ full limits

on nfl games they 2.2k risk i think, anything else were 1.1k and small markets like boxing/mma were 550

skrtelfan

I was there around 2003-2006 and my limits were always lower than what you quoted. I know I couldn't bet more than 220 on totals in all sports but NFL. I was able to find an old betting spreadsheet on my external hard drive and I'm certain my limits in 2005 on NFL season wins o/us were $220, CBB sides were $550, NFL sides were $1100, NFL totals $440, and my MLB runline limits were $440 because I don't have quite a few bets of exactly that size and none larger. Perhaps they doubled their limits in 2006. I don't recall betting much boxing or MMA there so I can't comment on that.

Peeig
    Underbetting my roll
    Peeig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1213

They'll limit you fastest in LIVE betting............I can only get $11 on NBA LIVE totals

But they do pay fast

trumpdown
    trumpdown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Quote Originally Posted by Peeig View Post
    They'll limit you fastest in LIVE betting............I can only get $11 on NBA LIVE totals

But they do pay fast
    Just how quickly do they limit in Live betting?

No worries I'll find out on my own
    Last edited by trumpdown; 06-03-10 at 10:11 AM.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

I've had an account with SIA for several years, but to say it has good customer service is an absolute joke. It is, at best, mediocre. There are a few things I do like about the site (lines posted far earlier than a lot of sites), but in no way does it go above and beyond the call of duty. I can't remember the last time I received any kind of bonus for a deposit.

skrtelfan

Their CS is certainly lacking, but unfortunately that's true of a lot of books. SIA doesn't pull nearly as much shit as some books rated higher than them so I don't necessarily disagree with the upgrade, it's just painfully obvious that they got the upgrade by greasing SBR's palms.

1tarheelfan
    1tarheelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

myy post is not weather they cut limits but their betting lines for props.if you like to bet player props and you like to bet over stick to 5dimes.every player is 2 points more.thats important to someone like myself,but if you like to bet the under in player props maybe sia is for you.
    Points Awarded:

Justin7 gave 1tarheelfan 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16714

I requested a payout from Sportsinteraction last Friday and I still haven't got it yet. I wont E-mail SBR and complain until Monday or Tuesday of next week If the cheque doesn't show up yet.

Peeig
    Underbetting my roll

Quote Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
    I requested a payout from Sportsinteraction last Friday and I still haven't got it yet. I wont E-mail SBR and complain until Monday or Tuesday of next week If the cheque doesn't show up yet.

they say 7 to 14 days, and that is after it is processed..........so just chill

Stallion
    Update your status

Ok, It says 5-7 days on there site but I will give them until next friday.

Stallion
    Update your status

Just to update it, I got the check earlier today

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by 1tarheelfan View Post
    myy post is not weather they cut limits but their betting lines for props.if you like to bet player props and you like to bet over stick to 5dimes.every player is 2 points more.thats important to someone like myself,but if you like to bet the under in player props maybe sia is for you.

lawsofpower48
    lawsofpower48's Avatar Become A Pro!

congrats stallion. that was pretty quick

1tarheelfan
    1tarheelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

congrats stallan i know how you feel man.iam glad you got paid.i think under the newer climate its getting people scared.

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

SIA is fine in my book.

Peeig
    Underbetting my roll

I told you it would be okay

Stallion