Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    I wish they would stop slow paying

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

Quote Originally Posted by pokerplayer22 View Post
    This all may be true but if it is, isnt there an honest way to do things? A book that supposedly has that much money doesnt have to move lines a few cents when someone is phone betting after the player reveals who they want to play based on the line given to them by the wagering rep. Also a book doesnt have to claim that you will receive your check within 3-5 days, only to give you the runaround when you call in after those 5 days have passed. Then 3 weeks later they say that have had processor issues and the check never went out in the first place. Why all the dishonesty if they are that stable???
    this

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Sims View Post
    Let me explain the facts of life. $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Bet Phoenix is paying SBR protection money. Numerous security issues, slow pays, ignoring e-mails. All of this is being kept off the front page.

SBR rates Bet Phoenix B+.

Chopsticks
    Chopsticks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do we know anything more about the Skybook issue? For sure if they are buying books then for sure they would have money laying around somewhere?

Scorpion
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    *******?

They keep telling me that they don't have *******. The stupidity at this book is almost unrivaled even in an industry full of the dumbest ****ing people alive.
    If you go to live chat their live chat rep will say they have no relationship with skybook!
    if you end the chat then go back 30 minutes later and ask to be transfered to skybook they will transfer u to skybook!

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

This all may be true but if it is, isnt there an honest way to do things? A book that supposedly has that much money doesnt have to move lines a few cents when someone is phone betting after the player reveals who they want to play based on the line given to them by the wagering rep.
    You normally ask for the line on the game without giving away the play. But if a book tries to pull that ask about the line for the side you don't want. Once they give it, shaded their way, have them confirm it to be sure, and take the other side.

turnip
    turnip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2110

When is the last time such a well-financed book yielded so many sky-is-falling threads? I get that they have their issues. But it's possible to be incompetent and "honest." Just like it's possible to be competent and dishonest.

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

bet phoenix to go to the NBA finals because that is where they are headed
    Points Awarded:

Chuck Sims gave KingKolzig 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    The single biggest factor on a book's rating is: will they pay me?

Dino owns BetDSI. This book makes a scarey amount of money. They make so much money, they give it away on stupid stuff, and don't care much.

Dino is an owner of BetPhoenix. His reputation is spotless.

If I'm wrong on any of these facts, someone tell me. Processing issues might be a pain in the ass, but right now, I would not (and did not) sweat having a big 5-figure balance there waiting for processing to pay me.

I have been to their office. I have seen their operations, how the book has matured, and some of the new areas they are attacking. They are still having some growing pains, but nothing points to a cash shortage.

If Dino dropped out of BP, I would reconsider. But as is, I would play there in a heart-beat if they would give me the full package. Sadly though, good rec-books are tough on pro players (although this is good for their long-term solvency).

If this is the case, and I'm not doubting you, when does DSI begin experiencing trouble?

Also, why no BP to DSI transfers?

pokerplayer22
    pokerplayer22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    You normally ask for the line on the game without giving away the play. But if a book tries to pull that ask about the line for the side you don't want. Once they give it, shaded their way, have them confirm it to be sure, and take the other side.
    I only make my play after I hear the line. For example, I'll call in for a line on the Marlins/Cubs game. They tell me its the Cubs -125/ Marlins+115. Then i say I want to risk 250 to win 200 on the Cubs. Before the give me a readback, they tell me..Im sorry sir, the line has changed to the Cubs -129/Marlins+119. Now Im screwed. They dont do this everytime so its hard to mainpulate this so it wont happen.

This has happened prob 7 or 8 times in the past 3 weeks, all line movements against me, never once in my favor. I always thought that once a line is quoted to you over the phone, that it shouldnt move. This is very bush league over a couple cents.

Scorpion
    Update your status

betCris doesn't do book transfers with betphoenix anymore

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

I only make my play after I hear the line. For example, I'll call in for a line on the Marlins/Cubs game. They tell me its the Cubs -125/ Marlins+115. Then i say I want to risk 250 to win 200 on the Cubs. Before the give me a readback, they tell me..Im sorry sir, the line has changed to the Cubs -129/Marlins+119. Now Im screwed. They dont do this everytime so its hard to mainpulate this so it wont happen. This has happened prob 7 or 8 times in the past 3 weeks, all line movements against me, never once in my favor. I always thought that once a line is quoted to you over the phone, that it shouldnt move. This is very bush league over a couple cents.
    This is fraud.

Scorpion
    Update your status

The single biggest factor on a book's rating is: will they pay me?

Dino owns BetDSI. This book makes a scarey amount of money. They make so much money, they give it away on stupid stuff, and don't care much.

Dino is an owner of BetPhoenix. His reputation is spotless.
    Richard emailed me last Friday and said if I have a B of A or Wells Fargo account his guy can just go to the bank and make the deposit, he wrote all he needs is my bank account
    Sent him my bank details and have not heard from Richard since last Friday, and he has not answered my emails
    Payout is for only 2K

pokerplayer22

Quote Originally Posted by Thremp View Post
    This is fraud.
    I agree..It is totally wrong. What can i do except just not play there anymore, which is what I am going to do if I can every get my payouts processed.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

I agree..It is totally wrong. What can i do except just not play there anymore, which is what I am going to do if I can every get my payouts processed.
    If this happened, fill out a complaint. We will get the recording, and sort it out. This should not happen once, let alone seven or eight times.

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

If this happened, fill out a complaint. We will get the recording, and sort it out. This should not happen once, let alone seven or eight times.
    this used to happen to me every time at sportbet, and is currently happening every time i try to place a bet online at bet phoenix on fights

Climate
    Climate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    If this is the case, and I'm not doubting you, when does DSI begin experiencing trouble?

Also, why no BP to DSI transfers?

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

Sounds like BP has deep pockets......

and

T-Rex length arms !

wisky
    wisky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 702

so is Betmania included in all this discussion ?

jackkkk2009
    jackkkk2009's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3882

within these several months, so many books have slow-pay complaints. can't believe that included a B+ site.

pokerplayer22

I appreciate the offer to help but its not worth my time (or your time) over what is literally a couple dollars on a few different wagers. The whole point of it bothers me more then the $4 or $8 per wager. If you want to get in touch with BP and ask them about this, feel free. Im sure Im not the only one they are doing this to.

Mr_Saratoga
    Mr_Saratoga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 414

The one knock I have with books in general is that when processor issues come up they tend to wait it out and not communicate with the players. A simple boiler plate email to those who have withdrawal requests in would help eliminate all of the "sky is falling" stuff that goes on. They must either feel the solution is iminent or that getting the word out would hinder deposits. It certainly makes you feel you could run the best book in the world when you see basic business practices averted.

pokerplayer22

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Saratoga View Post
    The one knock I have with books in general is that when processor issues come up they tend to wait it out and not communicate with the players. A simple boiler plate email to those who have withdrawal requests in would help eliminate all of the "sky is falling" stuff that goes on. They must either feel the solution is iminent or that getting the word out would hinder deposits. It certainly makes you feel you could run the best book in the world when you see basic business practices averted.

The question you have to ask yourself is that why when BP claims processor problems, are they still able to take in just as many deposits? They claim they can only send so many ** or ** payouts out per day...However there is no limit on the number of deposits they can take in. Thats the part that smells fishy to me.

Mr_Saratoga
    Mr_Saratoga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 414

A credit card deposit takes a different path in so that is why it is instant. Similar to using it at the Holiday Inn. 5 dimes has been taking some heat also on payouts so there must be some walls up here and there. Additionally, you can only send in like once a week through ** as I ran into this at 5 dimes.
    Last edited by Mr_Saratoga; 05-13-10 at 10:02 AM.

DoubleEM
    DoubleEM's Avatar Become A Pro!

I requested a four figure payout yesterday at 6:30pm from Phoenix via Gold-Pay. They quoted me at 24-72 hours to process it. I received it today at 11:00am. I thought I would be hit with a 2% fee from Gold-Pay, but I got the full withdrawal amount. I'm not sure who covered that. I am up at Phoenix, but this was my first withdrawal. It was about half of my balance. Use this information as you see fit.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Drew'

Drew: Hello and welcome

Drew: How may I help you?

justin: I'd like to make a deposit through **.

Drew: One moment While I connect you to an account manager please

Please wait while I transfer the chat to 'Emmet'.

You are now chatting with 'Emmet'

Emmet: hello you are using cash or cc at w/u

justin: cash

Emmet: how much

justin: 1,500

Emmet: is it 150 or 1500

justin: 1500

Emmet: ok 3 min

Emmet: CONCEPCION VALLE MARENCO.

Emmet: san jose costa rica

justin: It's funny how you can so easily find a name to send money to through **, but when it comes time for ** payouts there are no names available. Do you think I'm a ****ing moron that I would send you guys another dime considering the fact that you guys are well underfunded and are slow paying the majority of your customers. Unreal dude .............. (Fa get about it)

pokerplayer22

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post

justin: It's funny how you can so easily find a name to send money to through **, but when it comes time for ** payouts there are no names available. Do you think I'm a ****ing moron that I would send you guys another dime considering the fact that you guys are well underfunded and are slow paying the majority of your customers. Unreal dude .............. (Fa get about it)

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Is Wager Chief affected by this too ?

Marginalis
    Marginalis's Avatar Become A Pro!

The question you have to ask yourself is that why when BP claims processor problems, are they still able to take in just as many deposits? They claim they can only send so many ** or ** payouts out per day...However there is no limit on the number of deposits they can take in. Thats the part that smells fishy to me.
    This.

Climate

I only make my play after I hear the line. For example, I'll call in for a line on the Marlins/Cubs game. They tell me its the Cubs -125/ Marlins+115. Then i say I want to risk 250 to win 200 on the Cubs. Before the give me a readback, they tell me..Im sorry sir, the line has changed to the Cubs -129/Marlins+119. Now Im screwed. They dont do this everytime so its hard to mainpulate this so it wont happen.

This has happened prob 7 or 8 times in the past 3 weeks, all line movements against me, never once in my favor. I always thought that once a line is quoted to you over the phone, that it shouldnt move. This is very bush league over a couple cents.
    Usually the book will honor the line they read to you if you take it right on the spot. If you are playing line moves or steam, then you should probably expect some moves against you, and never with you.

Climate

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post

Have you ever seen a book that couldn't find a way to easily take your money? Except for matchbook, of course.

t-bone
    t-bone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1871

im going on 1 month with a $1000 withdrawal via check/***********........still sitting in my account. i don't get it.

michael777
    michael777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3128

Quote Originally Posted by t-bone View Post
    im going on 1 month with a $1000 withdrawal via check/***********........still sitting in my account. i don't get it.
    same with me

pokerplayer22

Im still waiting for just one Mod on here to take 1 minute out of their day and make 1 phone call to BP and ask them about payouts, then when they get an answer, let everyone on here what they were told

Chuck74
    Chuck74's Avatar Become A Pro!

Where there s smoke, there s fire. I wouldnt deposit anything in there right now.

First 1234567 ... Last