View Poll Results: Who do you think is correct?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • BetOnline is correct — the bet was graded correctly

18 45.00%
  • I am correct — the bet was graded incorrectly

22 55.00%
    LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by HouseAdvant View Post
    Maybe it's best to frame my thinking as a question.

Here is the full bet —

Side 1: Conversion +325

Side 2: No Conversion/No Attempt -400

Which side of this bet do you think wins in the case where there is an unsuccessful 2-point conversion attempt?
    Never mind, I confused myself.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Never mind, I confused myself.
    OK let's try this again, bet should be a WINNER. Side 1 clearly says Coversion, so that means must be successful. Side 2 is No Conversion OR No Attempt, customer service obviously did not interpret it correctly.

JoeCool20
    SBR Poker is ALL Freakin Wild Donk Luck!
    JoeCool20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 727

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    i have bet that prop quite a bit and it does say "yes successful 2 pt conversion" vs "no conversion/no attempt"

betonline grades props wrong quite a bit, and sometimes it takes multiple efforts to get it fixed... they make things right but the process can be frustrating

Yeah, their customer service is a pile of garbage. I had 4 friends that came over to my house on opening day

and we all logged in to our accounts from my house. (I'm never doing it, or letting anyone do it again.)

They emailed all 4 of us and asked us what was going on. Then when we all replied, it took about 2 weeks for

them to reply, and they said/did 4 different things to all 4 of us!

Never replied at all to one guy, Left one of our accounts open, closed another one & said it was against the

rules, and told one other of us to "Just make sure he didn't do it again." LOL

We all 4 told them the different things they had done to each account, and how ridiculous it was, and we all 4

closed our accounts!
    Last edited by JoeCool20; 10-02-18 at 05:02 PM.

LT Profits

This would have been much easier if you posted the presented bet as written in Post #1, I thought BOL was correct too reading wording of ticket in Post 1.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool20 View Post
    LOL There is either a conversion attempt or not. And you either bet yes or no on it.

He bet no and there was a conversion attempt.

They were only trying to word it in a way that shows it doesn't matter if the conversion fails or not.

But I had to edit this, because now I see that they blew it by not wording it right.

It is supposed to be that, there is either one attempted (which there was, and you lost) or there is not one attempted.

The "Yes" bet won, not the "No" bet. But the wording is wrong. They should have put "attempt" after the first part.

Where it would have read: "Conversion/attempt yes +325, no conversion/no attempt -400"

They screwed the wording up, so since they didn't complete the conversion attempt, you have a shot at getting

your money back when you know you really bet the side that lost.

(Unless you are going to claim that you KNEW you were betting that no conversion would be successful instead

of betting that there would be no conversion or attempt!)

In any case now you can go ahead and say/claim you knew you were betting no attempt would be successful

and try to at least get your money back. I hope you get it back.
    I thought same until I saw actual bet presented in Post #12.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by rangerz2478 View Post
    Written as you claim above, you are 100% correct. Confused how optional is siding against you here. For conversion to win, the attempt has to be MADE. You bet the opposite and won.
    Easy to be mistaken when comparing wording of Bet in Post #12 and wording of ticket in Post #1, the first post makes it sound like 2-pt attempt is all that is required.

LT Profits

LOL Where did you get the word SUCCESSFUL? Out of your ass?

If the word SUCCESSFUL was in the prop bet, then it's crystal clear and we aren't on here posting are we?
    See Post 12. All it says is Conversion, so successful is implied (i.e, there will be a conversion). Would have been different if it read Conversion Attempt, which wording on ticket in Post 1 made it sound like.

McCracken
    McCracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243

You had both no conversion and no attempt. You lost. There was an attempt. Im sorry.

bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

The main point is its acceptable for posters here to be confused. Its acceptable for betonline to make a mistake grading the prop (not too often id hope). The point I begin to find it unacceptable, is when poster points out to betonline the clear mistake they made. They recheck things and come back with the same mistake. That kind of infuriates me. Especially cause they often take 24+ hours to respond. Its just a matter of having someone on betonline's end who knows what they are doing handle the situation. getting said person at betonline is often far too difficult. Every experience I have ever had with bet-online customer service has been like pulling teeth. It really should be 30 minutes tops (during business hours) to get this corrected and an apology for the mistake.

bubba

Quote Originally Posted by McCracken View Post
    You had both no conversion and no attempt. You lost. There was an attempt. Im sorry.
    It is yes conversion vs no conversion (no attempt no conversion wins). Poster chose no conversion. No conversion clearly should win.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

So the other side conversion/attempt?

Doubt it

McCracken

but the team did attempt a 2 pt conversion, if they never TREID for the 2 pt conversion he woulda won, but they did, so he lost.

McCracken

at that point it didnt matter if they made or didnt make the 2 pt conversion , the attempt was in motion. once HIKE was called he lost the bet..The next 3 to 5 seconds didnt matter if they made it or didnt make it in the endzone.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

If the word SUCCESSFUL was in the prop bet, then it's crystal clear and we aren't on here posting are we?
    Read a dictionary and look up what it means when a 2 point try is converted. It doesn't mean attempted, it means successful.

at that point it didnt matter if they made or didnt make the 2 pt conversion , the attempt was in motion. once HIKE was called he lost the bet..The next 3 to 5 seconds didnt matter if they made it or didnt make it in the endzone.
    Do people not read?

bubba

If the bet was like u said, it would be-

2 point conversion attempted (side a)
    no 2 point conversion attempted (side b)

It would be phrased that way and the pricing would have been very different as well. This was not the wager. The surprising thing is they have this wager on basically every nfl game all year (if not all primetime games and then some but i think almost all games). Im sure this has come up already.

mrpapageorgio

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    So the other side conversion/attempt?

Doubt it
    If books are paying 4-1 for a team to simply go for 2 at some point during the game, where do I sign up?

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO

So if an attempt is made, the bet wins? Isn’t the bet conversion/no conversion?

mrpapageorgio

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    So if an attempt is made, the bet wins? Isn’t the bet conversion/no conversion?
    The bet is conversion/no conversion. However, they added extra wording to basically state that if there isn't an attempt during the came, it counts as no conversion.

I am currently using BoL and have seen this bet the OP is referring to. The OP should be paid.

HouseAdvant
    HouseAdvant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Post 1 does indeed make it look ambiguous which I suspect is why BoL customer service is struggling to see it as well since I assume that's what they see (I copied that text from their response).

It's clear this should be a winning bet, but what isn't clear is how I get them to see that. Anyone have any suggestions on how I get BoL to realize their mistake here? I'm not seeing much success in that way.

mrpapageorgio

Post 1 does indeed make it look ambiguous which I suspect is why BoL customer service is struggling to see it as well since I assume that's what they see (I copied that text from their response).

It's clear this should be a winning bet, but what isn't clear is how I get them to see that. Anyone have any suggestions on how I get BoL to realize their mistake here? I'm not seeing much success in that way.
    If you submitted a complaint, let SBR handle it.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    The bet is conversion/no conversion. However, they added extra wording to basically state that if there isn't an attempt during the came, it counts as no conversion.I am currently using BoL and have seen this bet the OP is referring to. The OP should be paid.
    Correct. The attempt was made but the end result is no conversion.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LhI88tg1Gqg

bubba

call and ask to speak to wagering and a wagering supervisor if that doesnt work. As I said before, its the best way to get past the poor customer service. have you tried that yet?

LT Profits

That was not the bet. Again, refer to Post 12

HouseAdvant
    HouseAdvant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Will do! I called and talked to someone but didn't request a wagering supervisor so that sounds like a great next step.

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993431

Thanks for sharing. BetOnline is reviewing this grading.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18995

The wording should be:
    2pt XP scored? Yes/No
    or
    2pt XP attempted? Yes/No
    1 or the other. Right now it's another prop bet that's badly worded and open to interpretation.

bubba

Quote Originally Posted by semibluff View Post
    The wording should be:
    2pt XP scored? Yes/No
    or
    2pt XP attempted? Yes/No
    1 or the other. Right now it's another prop bet that's badly worded and open to interpretation.
    Its an attempt to be clear that if there is no attempt, then no is the winner. I have seen this wager hundreds if not thousands of times, and I never had any confusion on what it meant. When you look at post #12, is there any other way in can be interpreted?

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18995

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    Its an attempt to be clear that if there is no attempt, then no is the winner. I have seen this wager hundreds if not thousands of times, and I never had any confusion on what it meant. When you look at post #12, is there any other way in can be interpreted?
    I agree the bet wins, but there is definitely confusion if you have 'conversion' on 1 side of the bet and 'attempts' on the other. Post #12 has a grey area of an attempt that fails. That's why it should be: 2pt XP scored? Yes/No. It takes attempts out of the equation. 'No' clearly includes 'no attempts' AND 'attempts that fail'. If it needed to be even clear then: Any 2pt XPs scored? Yes/All other possibilities.

JoeCool20

Originally Posted by JoeCool20

"Read a dictionary and look up what it means when a 2 point try is converted. It doesn't mean attempted, it means successful."

LOL Where in a dictionary can you find the definition of "
    what it means when a 2 point try is converted."

Nowhere? I thought not.

I will try this for a SECOND time now.

You have included the word SUCCESSFUL into the prop bet when that word ISN'T in the bet!

If the word SUCCESSFUL WAS in the prop bet, then it would be crystal clear,

and we wouldn't be on here posting about it would we?

So for the second time, where did you get the word SUCCESSFUL? Out of your ass?

JoeCool20

And the guy still hasn't said/admitted that he knew he really bet no conversion would be attempted,

and then he lost what he bet.

He knows he didn't think he bet NO there would not be a conversion that was SUCCESSFUL.

Because the word SUCCESSFUL is nowhere to be found in the prop bet.

He bet NO to a conversion being attempted, and it lost.

(And hey) P.S. DON'T admit it on here and see if the faulty wording can get your money returned!

bubba

Quote Originally Posted by semibluff View Post
    I agree the bet wins, but there is definitely confusion if you have 'conversion' on 1 side of the bet and 'attempts' on the other. Post #12 has a grey area of an attempt that fails. That's why it should be: 2pt XP scored? Yes/No. It takes attempts out of the equation. 'No' clearly includes 'no attempts' AND 'attempts that fail'. If it needed to be even clear then: Any 2pt XPs scored? Yes/All other possibilities.
    I actually think its pretty clear. there are 2 sides of the wager and everything is covered.

if a 2 point conversion happens side a wins because it says conversion. if no conversion happens side b wins because it says no conversion.if no conversion is attempted side be wins because it says no attempt.

Does it need to say no attempt by side b? no it doesnt. but then if there is no attempt people on side A will go crying for it to be a push. So they put that in to be clear. I hate 101 things betonline does but I have 0 issue with the wording of the prop.

LT Profits

And the guy still hasn't said/admitted that he knew he really bet no conversion would be attempted,

He knows he didn't think he bet NO there would not be a conversion that was SUCCESSFUL.

(And hey) P.S. DON'T admit it on here and see if the faulty wording can get your money returned!
    WRONG, did you even see Post 12? That was how the bet was worded. "Successful" should be understood since it only says Conversion. Think of it as "will there be a conversion", which by definition means it was successful. You seem to be stuck on Post 1 with the terribly worded ticket, where even I thought the bet was no attempt. Post 12 gave clarity of the intended bet though.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO

Wrong again. Conversion means attempt and scored. Convert means scored.

No conversion means attempt but not scored.

A conversion isn’t attempted. A 2 point try is attempted.

You’re as sharp as a bowling ball.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    I actually think its pretty clear. there are 2 sides of the wager and everything is covered.

if a 2 point conversion happens side a wins because it says conversion. if no conversion happens side b wins because it says no conversion.if no conversion is attempted side be wins because it says no attempt.

Does it need to say no attempt by side b? no it doesnt. but then if there is no attempt people on side A will go crying for it to be a push. So they put that in to be clear. I hate 101 things betonline does but I have 0 issue with the wording of the prop.
    You are exactly right but the problem is you need to see the bet offered to understand the wager. The wording of the ticket after the bet was placed (Post 1) is extremely ambiguous.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO

One definition of conversion

Football. a score made on a try for a point after touchdown by place-kicking or drop-kicking the ball over the bar between the goalposts or by completing a pass in or running the ball into the end zone.

A conversion can’t be attempted. The attempt is the 2 pt play, Xp

First 1234 Last