bill009
    bill009's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Marathonbet STEALS 7000 euros from my account!

Hello.
    I made an account at marathonbet 2 months ago. I was betting and never had problems. 1 month ago they deactivated my account for verification purposes, I sent the docs and then I was able to bet again.
    Some days ago I deposited 15000 euros and instantly they deactivated again my account. They told me that they want some extra verification docs. I was trying to find the docs they want but today they told me that they will close my account, they will void all the bets and they will charge me the fees for the deposits and withdrawals.

''Bets placed on your account have been voided and your account with Marathonbet
    has been terminated.The remaining balance on your Marathonbet account was sent
    back to your Neteller e-wallet. However as your account was not created in the
    genuine interest of sports betting, we have taken a decision to deduct any
    payment processing fees that we have incurred for processing deposits and
    withdrawals from your account as outlined in our terms and conditions''

I had in my balance the last deposit of 15000 euros, they closed the account and returned to me 8131 euros (!!!)
    The 50% of my deposit is stolen because they decided to take the money.
    I have NEVER been warned that they didnt like my bets or sth else. Today they just sent me this email and confiscated the 50% of my deposit! 7000 euros are gone!
    I was betting there for 2 months (NEVER RECEIVED A COMPLAINT ABOUT MY BETS OR STH ELSE) and today they told me they will return to me the 50% of my last deposit. How can they decide sth like that? How can they steal 7000 euros like that??
    This is tragic, this is insane.
    Without a signle warning they took 7000 euros out of my account, cannot believe it...
    What should I do now?

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Submit a complaint, I believe they talk to SBR.

bill009

Yes, I have done that...

HeeeHAWWWW

Just curious, how many separate deposits was that over the lifetime of the account? Looks like a crapton of processing fees.

bill009

I dont feel safe to have money in a book after the end of my bets, so I have made many deposits because I was betting there a lot.

HeeeHAWWWW

KK - and by any chance were you getting cashback from moneybookers on this large number of deposits?

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

"your account was not created in the genuine interest of sports betting"

so, precisely what sort of mischief were you up to?

bill009

No hehaw
    Hareeba I have no idea why they say this, I have made there many bets and they never told me they didnt like my bets or sth else. I have verified my account and never had other problems, suddenly they confiscated the 50% of my deposit.

real1992
    real1992's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

Quote Originally Posted by bill009 View Post
    No hehaw
    Hareeba I have no idea why they say this, I have made there many bets and they never told me they didnt like my bets or sth else. I have verified my account and never had other problems, suddenly they confiscated the 50% of my deposit.
    Tell use more about your bets and stakes you used....2 months playing at marathon with high stakes looks like a world record and maybe you deserve a medal. TBH i was thinking about neteller affilate abuse. (i am wrong probably). Your country of origin may be interesting too...

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by real1992 View Post
    Tell use more about your bets and stakes you used....2 months playing at marathon with high stakes looks like a world record and maybe you deserve a medal. TBH i was thinking about neteller affilate abuse. (i am wrong probably). Your country of origin may be interesting too...
    Yes, just has to be more to this story than the OP has let on.
    Based on my experience there is no way one can have been betting large enough for that long to justify that level of deposit at Marathon.
    Something just doesn't add up here.

tommygun
    Hareeba! for Prime Minister
    tommygun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

tell us the real story here op. end the games.

bill009

I am not allowed to login in my account, they have closed it. What bets u want? I have made several bets. Many 1-2-3-4-5k bets too

zochris
    zochris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I complained some days ago... I still waiting for the verification!!20 days since i sent again my documents!
    Also i think that what happened to bill is just ridiculous!!First time i hear tht boomaker takes from a deposit! I dont know how bill played but if marathon cannot control the players is better to close.
    Finally, i wonder why many players are aggresive to other players. The "enemy" is the book and now its clear that the book acts like it wants without restriction.
    (sorry for my bad english)

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The guy could be Arber because marathon attracts that type of business because of the weak lines/ low juice lines

Let's see how this plays out unless there is more to the story

bill009

Never ever received a single complaint or warning about my betting activity there, i was betting a lot (please dont talk about arbitrage, i think they limit this kind of players very fast)

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by bill009 View Post
    Never ever received a single complaint or warning about my betting activity there, i was betting a lot (please dont talk about arbitrage, i think they limit this kind of players very fast)
    Just very strange that you were able to make such large bets when my experience and echoed by several others is that they have low limits even from your first bet. If you have any success the limits get so low as to make them a waste of time. You must have been having a horrible run to justify depositing a further 15k euros? And stranger still that they would then treat a big loser like that. It all just doesn't add up. There has to be more to this story.

pellumb341
    pellumb341's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6018

Just very strange that you were able to make such large bets when my experience and echoed by several others is that they have low limits even from your first bet
    Wrong.They have limits like 10-15k on big leagues when you create the account.The limits will come fast if you are a winner or you are beating soft lines.
    Points Awarded:

zizoudane10 gave pellumb341 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

dance1959
    dance1959's Avatar Become A Pro!

But you can rebet as much as you want.

brankica023
    brankica023's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4675

What is wrong with you people who mention arbing all the time?
    Is it illegal to take best odds that bookie offer you?You ll be stupid to bet somewere at odds 2.1 if you can get it at 2.2.
    I believe that lot of people play same odds if they are best but some decide to hedge it and get an arb and i dont see nothing wrong with it.If bookie dont like it they can limit your account and you move on and look for new best odds for some games.
    I believe here is case of e-wallet abuse because if you deposit at bookie you get points for it and later you can exchange it for money,so i think you deposit a lot,bet one bet and than withdraw all your money and again deposit and do it every day so as we know from pinnacle case it cost books lot of money so that is why they state:'we do not believe that you are genuinely using your account for gaming purposes' .
    That is my opinion and maybe i am wrong but i dont see any other logical explanation.
    I also must say that i dont support what marathonbet has done because they should warn player that if they continue to do it they ll pay fees but this is cheap shot from them.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pellumb341

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by dance1959 View Post
    But you can rebet as much as you want.
    at lower odds
    big deal
    there are other places one can bet

simply
    Update your status
    simply's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1411

Something is wrong here. 15000 Eur deposit is very big. The main thing is what bets are placed? Bil can you write some of your bets and amounts?

pellumb341
    pellumb341's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6018

I dont feel safe to have money in a book after the end of my bets, so I have made many deposits because I was betting there a lot.
    I also think that this is a cashback abuse as brankica said.

I believe here is case of e-wallet abuse because if you deposit at bookie you get points for it and later you can exchange it for money,so i think you deposit a lot,bet one bet and than withdraw all your money and again deposit and do it every day so as we know from pinnacle case it cost books lot of money so that is why they state:'we do not believe that you are genuinely using your account for gaming purposes' .
    That is my opinion and maybe i am wrong but i dont see any other logical explanation.
    I also must say that i dont support what marathonbet has done because they should warn player that if they continue to do it they ll pay fees but this is cheap shot from them.

dance1959
    dance1959's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    at lower odds
    big deal
    there are other places one can bet
    No,you can rebet at same odds as shown at site.
    Points Awarded:

In The Money gave dance1959 6 Betpoint(s) for this post.