mr1sparkle
    mr1sparkle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

Scotiabank bans gambling- any alternatives

I deposited 200 dollar from my moneybookers account back to my scotiabank account. Ppl told me scotiabank refuses to accept gambling money from moneybookers, so i bet my money most likely to be refunded.

So what are the alternatives that accept moneybookers as its friend besides scotiabank?

TD, BMO, CIBC, ROYAL BANK, HSBC

wangpoker
    wangpoker's Avatar Become A Pro!

TD is the best choice
    Incoming wire is $15, 3 biz days. I prefer check. arrive in 5 biz days

Marauders
    Marauders's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1857

I have also deposited Moneybooker cheques at TD with no problem. However, if you are depositing a US cheque into a CAD account, they may put a hold on it for 3 weeks. Hope that helps.

Marauders

SPECULATOR 13
    SPECULATOR 13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

For example MR1sparkle:
    I am going Monday to open a online U.S. dollar account over the phone with RBC,than i am going to send my money to MATCHBOOK by wire that way.You have to do the "paper work" yourself and in the process pay 14$ instead of 55$ for a wire done by the tellers.I hope to do it Monday because i got to hurry up in order to able to bet next Sunday,remember bank wires take 3-5 days.
    Later on when i gonna want to cash in,i will open a ING account and have Matchy send the money there.
    Hope that helps

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13676

Mr1sparkle, personally this is a familiar topic. Scotiabank blocked my incoming payment from Moneybookers in April 2008, and though they eventually allowed the funds to clear, they also informed me that they would no longer process any type of Moneybookers transaction, as this was, and I quote: "Immoral and Illegal." A bank letting me know that I was involved in something immoral.....

Anyway, as wangpoker suggests, move your account to TDCanadatrust. That was my subsequent plan of action, and I have not had a problem since, and that covers 40+ Moneybookers withdrawals.

I've heard that RoyalBank also is on the Moneybookers warpath. Some books (BetFair for example) have Royalbank listed on their withdrawal page under the subtopic of Canadian banks that will not process Moneybookers transactions.

wangpoker

Quote Originally Posted by Marauders View Post
    I have also deposited Moneybooker cheques at TD with no problem. However, if you are depositing a US cheque into a CAD account, they may put a hold on it for 3 weeks. Hope that helps.

Marauders
    That's a standard biz procedure. It's OK. I prefer to put it in my USD A/C.

Peep
    Peep's Avatar Become A Pro!

I use CIBC, no problems either depositing or getting money. I have both a Canadian and US account there, as well as a Canadian and a US ****.

Seems to do the trick. I use "verified by ****" which does seem to mess up a few of the "C" type books sometimes, but eventually it all gets sorted out.

Moneybookers to Moneybookers of course is always the best option.

wangpoker

Quote Originally Posted by Peep View Post
    Moneybookers to Moneybookers of course is always the best option.
    Be careful of that. MB may block both accounts.

Peep

??

Moneybookers is happy to have clients transfer from one to another, they charge a bit for it. But what I was talking about was moneybookers into a book, moneybookers out of a book. In short, keep as much of your gambling money as you can offshore in one way or another.

mminkovski
    mminkovski's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17573

You can just accumulate some large amount into moneybookers account and then have them send you a check. If not they might agree to ** but you need to ask for it.

rolybea
    rolybea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1083

Im with CIBC and i deposit US check from poker room and i also use Electronic transfers from moneybookers to CIBC and never have any problem . Theres a $%??&%?& fee of 15$ for any electronic transfers but thats it. I never do from CIBC to a sports or poker account.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Marauders
    If you deposit a USD cheque into a USD account in Canada they will hold it for 3 weeks. It's the fact that it's drawn off a US bank that causes the hold.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure

I have never had an issue with TD but yesterday I tried to use my TD **** to put money into moneybookers and it was rejected. I might try again today but right now it's not looking good.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

money mart advertises they will cash any cheque , u.s. included , i have never tried it but i think they will give you less trouble, they are more interested in making sure the funds are their and collectin their 3 per cent

Peep

Quote Originally Posted by 20Four7 View Post
    I have never had an issue with TD but yesterday I tried to use my TD **** to put money into moneybookers and it was rejected. I might try again today but right now it's not looking good.
    CIBC rejects mine some times too 20Four7. I just call them up and then they let it go through.

Some of these books are so stupid with their deposits that they excite the banks. For example, Betonline sent my dime through at two $500 payments, one from Panama and one from iceland, and spaced two minutes apart.

Hello, yes that is going to trigger. But I spoke to CIBC on the phone and when I said I wanted both to go through they were fine. They realize it is my money.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure

Thanks peep. I will try that. That was the first time I had an issue.

Halifax
    Halifax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1605

Marauders
    Has Moneybookers just started offering cheques recently ?

I was checking 3 or 4 months ago, and it seems to me they didn't have cheques as one of the withdrawal options.
    Last edited by Halifax; 09-07-09 at 01:59 PM.

Halifax

I've received several incoming bank wires from Intertops and Moneybookers into my President's Choice Financial account without any problem ... the most recent wire was about 18 months ago, so things might have changed since then.

Be aware, of course, that if you're getting a U.S dollar wire coming into the Canadian dollar bank account, they're going to charge a fee on the exchange rate ... I'm not sure what PC Financial charges, since my incoming wires were all in Canadian dollars ... TD used to charge me somewhere in the vicinity of 1.5% as a fee (1.5% worse than the "true" exchange rate).

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36717

Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    Has Moneybookers just started offering cheques recently ?

I was checking 3 or 4 months ago, and it seems to me they didn't have cheques as one of the withdrawal options.
    Been using moneybookers since Neteller went kaput here in canada, and i've only ever drawn checks from them, so this option has been around for a while.

rolybea
    rolybea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1083

Credit card reject some buy because they can think its fraud.... so if its rejected simply call bank or credit card and thats gonona be ok. Its for security reason, and im more than happy if they froze temporarly my card if they see strange buy... (overseas, gambling site)

chubber911
    chubber911's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've used BMO for moneybookers and instadebit transfers for the past 2 years. No problems ever.

Peep

I have gotten five or six cheques from Moneybookers, just deposit them into my US account, no problem. They take about ten days to arrive from Germany, they do not say "moneybookers" on them.

They are free too if you are VIP.

cap10
    cap10's Avatar Become A Pro!

money mart canada refused to cash my us cheque for btp last yr;; i had to deposit to bmo and wait the 3-4 weeks

mr1sparkle
    mr1sparkle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

Hey i received my 200 dollar today from moneybookers. The 3 days transaction process was a success from moneybookers to scotiabank, but perhaps they are less cautious to small transaction.

Ive decided to go with TD bank cause of the positive comment to it.

Actually when i opened the account in USD currency, how should i reply? Obviously, the reason cannot be for gambling purposes.

Ymax
    Ymax's Avatar Become A Pro!

TD **** no longer accepts gambling

247 the problem you are having with your TD **** is due to the fact that , unfortunately , TD **** NO LONGER ACCEPTS GAMBLING transactions as of Sept 1st, 2009. Tried to make a deposit this month , was declined, called them up and they informed me of their policy change. This really sucks as they were great.. What impact this will have on wire transfers I dont know as I havent made/received any this month with them, but judging from other banks (RBC/Scotia) that have started down this path it does not look promising.

Can anyone confirm succesfull cashouts to their TD account this month from moneybookers?

Now back on topic about scotiabank, I also received a similar response as posted before regarding receiving MB withdrawals. I recently opened a euro account as they are one of the few banks in Canada to offer euro accounts (unfortunately). Received a euro withdrawal from MB, manager informs me they will not allow any further transactions from MB. The only other institution I am aware of that offers Euro accounts in Canada is HSBC (but have fees). They also offer GBP.

Does anyone have experience with HSBC and MB withdrawals?

Also,
    Has anyone had any trouble with MB cheques at RBC recently?

cheers
    Last edited by Ymax; 09-25-09 at 11:16 AM.

jogumon
    jogumon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Has anyone tried hooking up their moneybookers account to an ING USD account?

BornTukill
    BornTukill's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by wangpoker View Post
    Be careful of that. MB may block both accounts.
    im thinking of doing some transfer to my brothers account and cashing out,any body had any problems with moneybooker blocking your accounts?

thespeculator

Quote Originally Posted by BornTukill View Post
    im thinking of doing some transfer to my brothers account and cashing out,any body had any problems with moneybooker blocking your accounts?
    does this mean that moneybookers tells the banks the original source of the funds, it must , because moneybookers is also used for brokerages in europe, i think they are also now linked with ebay

Ymax
    Ymax's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was queried by Scotiabank as to the source of the funds, they seemed to have no idea whom it came from exactly (MB) unless they were playing dumb and just trying to verify, which I doubt was the case as when I told them the source they still had no idea who MB was. I'm quite certain they can trace it back to the original sending bank obviously but its not info they have available to them automatically. I am going on hunch but I doubt the Canadian banks know if the MB funds came from gambling or not, as I was not asked if the funds came from gambling, I gather some banks simply blanket ban MB wires because it COULD come from gambling, and they have no system setup to verify that, as credit card companies do. This blanket ban will cause problems for MB users who do not use it for gambling (ie ebay) as aforementioned.
    Last edited by Ymax; 09-27-09 at 06:46 PM.

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Scotiabank sucks. They are not our friend. I know this from second-hand experience.

Personally I have dealt with TD Canada Trust for my betting transactions for about 7 years and they have treated me great. No problem with sending/receiving Moneybookers, cheques.

thespeculator

in Canada we basically have only 6 banks to choose from, i hope i am wrong ,but i think the other ones will follow scotia, TD is the best bank by far, i hope moneybookers comes through with their ********** for canadians

Stumpage
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Ymax View Post
    Can anyone confirm succesfull cashouts to their TD account this month from moneybookers?
    I've made 3 withdrawals from Moneybookers to my TD account this month, all without incident. No **** involved, so hopefully this is more of a **** thing than a TD thing if that makes sense. It would seem so considering that this ban on gambling transactions went into effect on the 1st of this month. I have another one in transit, and if there are any problems I'll be sure to post here again.

Hopefully I'm not moving banks again, as I was a victim of Scotiabank's War on Moneybookers is early 2008.

JonLock
    JonLock's Avatar Become A Pro!

they should accept that wtf? :O
    Last edited by Willie Bee; 09-28-09 at 10:45 AM. Reason: remove link

Halifax

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpage View Post
    I've made 3 withdrawals from Moneybookers to my TD account this month, all without incident. No **** involved, so hopefully this is more of a **** thing than a TD thing if that makes sense. It would seem so considering that this ban on gambling transactions went into effect on the 1st of this month. I have another one in transit, and if there are any problems I'll be sure to post here again.

Hopefully I'm not moving banks again, as I was a victim of Scotiabank's War on Moneybookers is early 2008.
    Stumpage ...

The money coming into your TD account from Moneybookers, are those payments coming in by wire transfer (sounds like it) or are they Moneybookers cheques ?

Stumpage
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    Stumpage ...
    The money coming into your TD account from Moneybookers, are those payments coming in by wire transfer (sounds like it) or are they Moneybookers cheques ?
    Halifax, they are indeed wire transfers. I've withdrawn checks as well from time to time without incident, though I often have to wait up to 15 days for them to clear.

12 Last