bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

is this wager legitimately deleted?

at least it was deleted before game time but i fail to see why it should be deleted (i attempted to get an explanation but they say to contact them after the game starts to receive my explanation which kind of defeats the purpose in my opinion!):

cliff notes: the wager i bet is under 44.5 yards for the longest fg in the game tonight. it said longest fg by bama/longest fg by nd over under 44.5 yards. i think it was pretty dam obvious what i was betting.

Straight wager 1xxxxxxx posted on Monday, Jan 7 2013 2:38PM was deleted on Monday, Jan 7 2013 7:15PM.

Football - BAMA makes longest FG/ND makes longest FG under 44½ -115 for Game
    Risking $575.00 to win $500.00

Reason: wording error, should state: longest FG by either team
    Contact customer support if you need further clarification regarding this deleted ticket.

bubba

after being robbed by betsislnds i am less likely to get upset by stuff like this but i feel they are wrong

JasonDC
    JasonDC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 238

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    at least it was deleted before game time but i fail to see why it should be deleted (i attempted to get an explanation but they say to contact them after the game starts to receive my explanation which kind of defeats the purpose in my opinion!):

cliff notes: the wager i bet is under 44.5 yards for the longest fg in the game tonight. it said longest fg by bama/longest fg by nd over under 44.5 yards. i think it was pretty dam obvious what i was betting.

Straight wager 1xxxxxxx posted on Monday, Jan 7 2013 2:38PM was deleted on Monday, Jan 7 2013 7:15PM.

Contact customer support if you need further clarification regarding this deleted ticket.

You had 49k stolen from you at betislands, you lost your job, and you're still betting? I guess nothing can keep you down.

bubba

i enjoy the challenge.

what do you think of the deletion

JasonDC
    JasonDC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 238

i enjoy the challenge.

what do you think of the deletion
    After having 49k stolen from you do you find it hard to enjoy your $500 wager? you have balls though..you lost your job and were talking about how much that theft impacted your life and you're still out here making nickel bets on props, wow.

bubba

Quote Originally Posted by JasonDC View Post
    After having 49k stolen from you do you find it hard to enjoy your $500 wager? you have balls though..you lost your job and were talking about how much that theft impacted your life and you're still out here making nickel bets on props, wow.
    chasing my stolen $. never claimed i was the sharpest knife in the drawer.

tropolis
    tropolis's Avatar Become A Pro!

how long have you been unemployed?

Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

They have made a right hash of the wording of it, but if I saw that bet as it was originally worded I would also think it meant "Longest FG by Bama or ND to be Over/Under 44.5yds"

To me the wording error isn't enough to void that bet as the original wording does have enough specifics for the bet to be understood as it says both teams and the line of 44.5.

The only possible mis-communication I could see is if someone thought that it meant you were betting BOTH Bama + ND needing to score FG's Over or Under the 44.5 - but anyone with a brain should know that a price of -115 would be too low for what would effectively be a 2 team parlay to either both kick over 44.5 or both kick under 44.5

bubba

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
    They have made a right hash of the wording of it, but if I saw that bet as it was originally worded I would also think it meant "Longest FG by Bama or ND to be Over/Under 44.5yds"

To me the wording error isn't enough to void that bet as the original wording does have enough specifics for the bet to be understood as it says both teams and the line of 44.5.

The only possible mis-communication I could see is if someone thought that it meant you were betting BOTH Bama + ND needing to score FG's Over or Under the 44.5 - but anyone with a brain should know that a price of -115 would be too low for what would effectively be a 2 team parlay to either both kick over 44.5 or both kick under 44.5
    i know for sure i have bet similarly worded props at this site with no problem at all. im surprised it was cancelled. very surprised. top book too

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

the way they worded it it's like two props in one. who makes the longest and over/under.

bubba

Quote Originally Posted by Kaabee View Post
    the way they worded it it's like two props in one. who makes the longest and over/under.
    there was a side and a total. like there was an area to bet on who makes the longest fg in the game. or you could bet on the longest fg in the game too. oh well. i think they are wrong for cancelling this (very wrong) but at least they did it before the game and with written notifcation

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Seems legit bad line. It might be a Q for the handicapping think tank to do the math but under for just one team would be a lot more expensive.

nicabet
    nicabet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Seems legit bad line. It might be a Q for the handicapping think tank to do the math but under for just one team would be a lot more expensive.
    What part of the wording implies only one team? It says BAMA and ND

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

Quote Originally Posted by nicabet View Post
    It says BAMA and ND
    yep

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

If it interprets as both BAMA and ND, then the opposite over bet will make no sense, like both team have to make longer than 44.5 to win the wager?

Having said that, I think there is no confusion what this common prop is really about, that is: the longest FG of game is over/under 44.5.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by nicabet View Post
    What part of the wording implies only one team? It says BAMA and ND
    "Football - BAMA makes longest FG/ND makes longest FG under 44½ -115 for Game"

It says "Bama". So, if the other team kicked a 60 yarder he would lose with the intended wording. If they didn't cancel it he would have double the chance of winning.

nicabet
    nicabet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

YOu appear to be missing the /ND ie Notre Dame ie the other team.

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

BAMA makes longest FG

ND makes longest FG

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

I can't get an example right now cause I'm on my phone. But lots of props like this books list one team for one side of the bet, and the other on the other one.
    If this was the original wager, yes, probably deserves to be voided, but if it is one of those where that's is just how to pending wagers confirm pages shows it, you should have won.

This post may seem very dumb if you haven't seen what I'm talking about before.

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

Another twist of this wager, should it have won? Because there was no FG in the game. Should be no action?

cutter2225
    cutter2225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 170

Not surprised you pop up defending the side that makes you money. Keep up the stellar work.

cutter2225
    cutter2225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 170

Quote Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
    Another twist of this wager, should it have won? Because there was no FG in the game. Should be no action?

Any wager on the longest fg under for the game is automatically a winner if theres no fg's made or attempted. No twist there.

cloverfield
    cloverfield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4727

It says "Bama". So, if the other team kicked a 60 yarder he would lose with the intended wording. If they didn't cancel it he would have double the chance of winning.
    Your explanation for this is really weird as you completely ignore the ND wording. I clearly read it as the longest FG of the game being over/under 44.5 by either team

eastern2
    eastern2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dear Lord you are seriously this retarded?!?!

It says bama makes longest fg SLASH ND makes longest fg under 44.5 yds - the SLASH would imply both teams but you probably get a cut on all losses so its prob in ur best interest for bubba to lose all his $$

bubba

book did not claim it was a bad line, the just claimed th wording was strange. over under 44.5 yards is just about the common # on all nfl games. i did not know about these kickers.

i would actually say that since there was no fg, then the wager should be no action barring the wager stating something differnetly