lovetobet
    lovetobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2200

5Dimes Total BS Changed Major Rule US Players

So just a heads up for US players at 5Dimes WHO HAVE NOT MADE A PREVIOUS WITHDRAWAL. I believe from what they are telling me if you have made a withdrawal this will not affect you. Although in my opinion the way they did this was sketchy at best and wonder what else they may try and pull in the future.

I spoke with 5Dimes last Monday (7 days ago) to make a $2.5K-$3K withdrawal via check. The person on the phone told me if I waited till the following Monday (today) between 9-1 EST I could receive the check for free (no fees instead) instead of the $80 fees they were going to charge me. I remembered this from when I signed up last summer (one of many reasons I signed up with them, I don't like fees) and agreed.

I call back today between the appropriate times and they tell me I can't make a withdrawal via check, that I must use mny grm or wstrn unin. I ask why and they tell me they just changed their rules. I asked them why they didn't disclose this and they said it was on their site. I ask where and they say, cashier-terms-etc, in other words you'd have to go in and look at the terms and conditions every day to see the change. I ask them why they didn't contact their US players via mass e-mail or put a link on the home page of the site to alert us and she starts getting all pissy with me saying they did. I tell her NO you didn't, you changed it back in the terms and conditions part of the site where no one would see it unless they were checking that section everyday.

You can imagine where it went from here, me getting pissed. I now only can access $850 of my $4+K via mny grm. I have to still pay a partial fee even for this $850 (they'll wave some) then I would have to request a check and pay the full fee ($80) on top of it. Net result I pay $100 in fees when I should be able to get my cash for $0 in fees if I play by the rules they had set up.

You guys tell me, do I have a legit gripe here or not.

Backnote: I specifically switched to 5Dimes and recently Legends because I DON'T LIKE BS ISSUES!!! I like to deposit easily, make my plays and pull my money. I don't play at sketchy books PERIOD!! I'm very tempted to pull all my cash from 5DIMES and just play elsewhere at this point.

Is this a legit beef to file a complaint with SBR??

Opinions would be appreciated.
    Last edited by lovetobet; 02-06-12 at 01:35 PM.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

I like to deposit easily, make my plays and pull my money.
    Then move out of the usa.

erickvivar
    erickvivar's Avatar Become A Pro!

Interesting, I saw several books being blasted a while ago because they only offered p2p for payouts. It seems that because of the state of the industry on the USA, that will be the trend and the safest thing to do for players and book owners. I'm almost certain that B**k Wires will be the next thing to go, it is simply to exposed to offer those methods.

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

....As many books have

lovetobet

So basically, shut up, take the hit and move on because living where I do, I won't get better offers then this?? Pretty much the consensus?? Don't like that answer but I can deal with it.

Just kind of pisses me off and think it's a little dodgy the way they went about this. Would expect more from an A+ book, just sayin.

lovetobet

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    Then move out of the usa.
    Thanks, that's helpful and realistic

durito
    escarabajo negro

Quote Originally Posted by lovetobet View Post
    Thanks, that's helpful and realistic
    Then stop gambling online.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

If they told you on Friday that you could get a free withdrawal on Monday, that should stand. It's an example of the left hand not knowing what the right hand does, but both of those hands work for the book, so they can't make their problem your problem.

lovetobet

Then stop gambling online.
    I was kind of joking with you (and I thought you were to) but if you're being serious. How about this GO FUK YOURSELF DOUCHE BAG!!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: nosniboR11

lovetobet

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    If they told you on Friday that you could get a free withdrawal on Monday, that should stand. It's an example of the left hand not knowing what the right hand does, but both of those hands work for the book, so they can't make their problem your problem.
    Just to clarify, they told me last Monday (week ago) that I could withdraw for free today. I pushed hard, very hard. Both nice and then annoyed and there were not going to be concessions. Tried to keep my original post as short as possible but actually did this via phone and live chat today. Threatened to contact SBR (hoped they might concede), file a complaint, etc. They said since they didn't know the change was coming and they were being told by their processors to proceed this way that there was nothing they could or would do for me.

That's why I asked if this was a legit reason to file a complaint or if this was more of "this is how it goes for US players and they are not withholding your $$, so just deal with it". I'm a realist, I don't expect miracles but this seems fuked. I certainly wouldn't take this from a business I use in the US but we all know it's different with off shore gambling in the US. Like I said I'm a realist, just not a very happy one at this point!!

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Their processors told them? On the day after the Superbowl? Ok.

BrigadierPudding
    Update your status
    BrigadierPudding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1809

I wasn't aware of this either but payout rules changing for US facing books is not uncommon. Just take the p2p w/d and either eat the $80 or wait 30 days and request the check again.

lovetobet

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Their processors told them? On the day after the Superbowl? Ok.
    DH I like your thought process. Called them out on this and of course they shrugged it off and said was not an issue/the reason. I brought this up multiple times, straight told them over and over this was BS.

At this point if SBR won't step up/doesn't think this is worthy of filing a complaint I will eat $100-$120 in fees and get my money out and put it elsewhere. I know I'm not a HUGE player but I'm a decent sized player. Had well over a dime on the SB yesterday, play NFL at a few hundy a game and college close to that amount. Point being if they don't want my business (i.e. won't treat me correctly) I'll take my business elsewhere.

Is there a 5Dimes rep on this site, like there is for some other sites??

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

sorry i cant read your post because i am looking at that hot ass in your avatar.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

1. Most books and online poker rooms have in their rules that they reserve the right to change the rules at any time and without notification.
    2. I would go email 5d and ask for it to be forwarded to a manager. Ask the manager that you were under the impressions that you could cashout via check. Describe the inconvience politely and they might comp some of the fees of the cashout method they want you to do.
    3. With the UIGEA, check withdrawls are touch and go. Its the nature of this environment in the USA. You might not realize this but accepting it is almost necessary.

Good luck

me-first
    me-first's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

just noticed their new withdrawal rules..not even sure what the below rule means, I believe it's in reference to F-E checks

Early inquires opened with the processor incur in a $10 fee.
    Points Awarded:

yisman gave me-first 22 SBR Point(s) for this post.

yisman gave me-first 202 SBR Point(s) for this post.

lovetobet

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    sorry i cant read your post because i am looking at that hot ass in your avatar.
    That's fair

Quote Originally Posted by mighty maron View Post
    1. Most books and online poker rooms have in their rules that they reserve the right to change the rules at any time and without notification.
    2. I would go email 5d and ask for it to be forwarded to a manager. Ask the manager that you were under the impressions that you could cashout via check. Describe the inconvience politely and they might comp some of the fees of the cashout method they want you to do.
    3. With the UIGEA, check withdrawls are touch and go. Its the nature of this environment in the USA. You might not realize this but accepting it is almost necessary.

Good luck
    All good points and suggestion. Appreciate it, think I will proceed with this before I just eat the fees and write off 5Dimes. I'll give a manager a chance to make ammends (or at least reduce the fees) and go from there. Like I said I'm a realist being a US player but I still think this is a pretty shady move and the timing seems very, very suspect.

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10136

Quote Originally Posted by BrigadierPudding View Post
    I wasn't aware of this either but payout rules changing for US facing books is not uncommon. Just take the p2p w/d and either eat the $80 or wait 30 days and request the check again.
    This.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29066

So just a heads up for US players at 5Dimes WHO HAVE NOT MADE A PREVIOUS WITHDRAWAL. I believe from what they are telling me if you have made a withdrawal this will not affect you. Although in my opinion the way they did this was sketchy at best and wonder what else they may try and pull in the future. I spoke with 5Dimes last Monday (7 days ago) to make a $2.5K-$3K withdrawal via check. The person on the phone told me if I waited till the following Monday (today) between 9-1 EST I could receive the check for free (no fees instead) instead of the $80 fees they were going to charge me. I remembered this from when I signed up last summer (one of many reasons I signed up with them, I don't like fees) and agreed. I call back today between the appropriate times and they tell me I can't make a withdrawal via check, that I must use mny grm or wstrn unin. I ask why and they tell me they just changed their rules. I asked them why they didn't disclose this and they said it was on their site. I ask where and they say, cashier-terms-etc, in other words you'd have to go in and look at the terms and conditions every day to see the change. I ask them why they didn't contact their US players via mass e-mail or put a link on the home page of the site to alert us and she starts getting all pissy with me saying they did. I tell her NO you didn't, you changed it back in the terms and conditions part of the site where no one would see it unless they were checking that section everyday. You can imagine where it went from here, me getting pissed. I now only can access $850 of my $4+K via mny grm. I have to still pay a partial fee even for this $850 (they'll wave some) then I would have to request a check and pay the full fee ($80) on top of it. Net result I pay $100 in fees when I should be able to get my cash for $0 in fees if I play by the rules they had set up. You guys tell me, do I have a legit gripe here or not. Backnote: I specifically switched to 5Dimes and recently Legends because I DON'T LIKE BS ISSUES!!! I like to deposit easily, make my plays and pull my money. I don't play at sketchy books PERIOD!! I'm very tempted to pull all my cash from 5DIMES and just play elsewhere at this point. Is this a legit beef to file a complaint with SBR?? Opinions would be appreciated.
    and P.S....u can get up to 2,500 on a single p2p withdrawl....ive done it many at 5dimes....

and look at it this way, after u revieve 1 p2p u will be able to get a check every 7 days

GL
    Last edited by 5mike5; 02-06-12 at 03:16 PM.

crysbreeze
    crysbreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14966

Quote Originally Posted by erickvivar View Post
    Interesting, I saw several books being blasted a while ago because they only offered p2p for payouts. It seems that because of the state of the industry on the USA, that will be the trend and the safest thing to do for players and book owners. I'm almost certain that B**k Wires will be the next thing to go, it is simply to exposed to offer those methods.

So if someone runs up a large balance at one of these p2p-only withdrawal places, they're only able to cashout $700 at a time and have to pay $50/transaction? I'm guessing if these guys want to remain in the US they'd have to get a short-term lease in Canada, open up bank accounts and link to Moneybookers, and then use a VPN when arriving back in the States. All of it seems pretty ridiculous, besides possible family/mortgage issues why would any serious pro not decide to move abroad?

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

as long as u have taken one other withdrawl method besides check, THEN u can request a check every 7 days if u want...really not that hard to do..

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

DH I like your thought process. Called them out on this and of course they shrugged it off and said was not an issue/the reason. I brought this up multiple times, straight told them over and over this was BS.

At this point if SBR won't step up/doesn't think this is worthy of filing a complaint I will eat $100-$120 in fees and get my money out and put it elsewhere. I know I'm not a HUGE player but I'm a decent sized player. Had well over a dime on the SB yesterday, play NFL at a few hundy a game and college close to that amount. Point being if they don't want my business (i.e. won't treat me correctly) I'll take my business elsewhere.

Is there a 5Dimes rep on this site, like there is for some other sites??
    Arguing with 5D never works. Tony plays it by the rules. He may stretch those rules as far as he can to his own advantage, but he won't break them.

5D offers free book-to-book transfers, if you don't want to pay a fee for getting money out.

As far as SBR and 5D. Not quite two sides of the same pillow, but close.

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

It is BS but like others have said, you're in the US market and that's why books have to do this. Just be thankful we have anything.

lovetobet

Hey guys appreciate all the feedback except for that one idiot early on but the rest of you all make valid points. I appreciate the feedback and I'll let you know how it turns out. I have some extra time this week and will probably write a letter to management tomorrow to see if I can make anything happen. If not I really hate fees and don't NEED the $$ right now, luckily not at a point in my life living paycheck to paycheck thus I can pull the $850 with p2p eat a small $20 fee, wait a month and pull another $3K via check with no fee. Will have most my money out and only pay a small amount in fees.

The way they did this still pisses me off and I think the TIMING is very very SHADY but I've read enough to know how far using SBR as a leverage tool will get me with 5D as Dark Horse referenced. So I don't like this but my initial reaction to yank my money and pay the fees, screw that. I will get my money out over the next month, pay the smallest fees possible and put my money somewhere else.

I have family & friends in Europe and will probably need to put that to work.

Anyway thanks gentlemen. After writing this, I'm not even going to wast time writing to them screw it, I'll get my money out over the next month, pay minimum fees, jump through hoops, get my cash and move on.
    Again appreciate the suggestions, information and helping me work through the BS . One thing I have going for me is what I'm taking out is about 3X what I put in, so I'm walking with THEIR MONEY
    Last edited by lovetobet; 02-06-12 at 05:58 PM.

durito
    escarabajo negro

Go to live chat and bitch at tony. Post result here. Then go ******* die.
    Points Awarded:

betplom gave durito 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: betplom

lovetobet

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    and P.S....u can get up to 2,500 on a single p2p withdrawl....ive done it many at 5dimes....

and look at it this way, after u revieve 1 p2p u will be able to get a check every 7 days

GL
    Oh by the way thanks for this. They of course didn't mention this and said I can only get $850. I assume it's through the other p2p. It's going to take 2 transactions to get my $4+K out so I'll just proceed with the p2p I've used and then get a max $3K check, that will basically empty my account. I have a couple parlays still going that will either help pump me up to another withdrawal amount or I'll just leave a small amount in and use other books until I see something special and try and all in to double and run with them.

Just on principle alone they've pissed me off but whatever. Anyway thanks for pointing this out

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like p2p I get cash in 2 days

Pew Pew
    Banned
    Pew Pew's Avatar Become A Pro!

fuuck tony

lovetobet

Go to live chat and bitch at tony. Post result here. Then go ******* die.
    Obviously you can't read or comprehend. That's OK, you're stupid, I understand people like you have a hard time understanding big words.

Now go die in a fire you useless D bag.

You must be a real piece of work since when I ripped you a new assh0le above that post got nominated. HAHA what a loser!!
    Last edited by lovetobet; 02-06-12 at 06:10 PM.

keemosabi
    keemosabi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2268

I may be missing something, but maybe you could open an account at another book with better withdrawal methods and then do a B2B transfer from 5D. Have you tried that?

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

A lot of folks are probably confused by the OP's thread title and haven't read his entire post.

To summarize: 5Dimes does indeed still offer checks. He was not eligible to receive one.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    A lot of folks are probably confused by the OP's thread title and haven't read his entire post. To summarize: 5Dimes does indeed still offer checks. He was not eligible to receive one.
    yeah dont see how ppl are getting confused

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Next time you are waving around your American flag remember that the offshore BS you have to deal with is courtesy of your highly moralized leaders.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

I was kind of joking with you (and I thought you were to) but if you're being serious. How about this GO FUK YOURSELF DOUCHE BAG!!
    lovetobet, durito is a Grade A piece of shit, plain and simple. Douche Bag also works!!!

crysbreeze
    crysbreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14966

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    A lot of folks are probably confused by the OP's thread title and haven't read his entire post.

To summarize: 5Dimes does indeed still offer checks. He was not eligible to receive one.
    Right, plus b2b is always still available. But if a site that doesn't offer b2b decides they can only payout in NETeller/Moneybookers or p2p, you're going to need to find a workaround if you don't want to lose 7-10% of your balance in fees.

12 Last