dr03
    dr03's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks like the end for me

Industry continues to fall apart. Reputable books increasing fees and running into problems. Solid books like Jamaica and Greek doing more questionable things. not really fun anymore. all i do are the contests now, other then that no real interest in posting up anymore.

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

The industry has definitely gone downhill across-the-board. Incompetence and nonsense are almost an acceptable norm. If you want to warn people about some book that's dicking players around, you have to compete for forum space with horror stories about 10 other books doing stuff just as bad or worse.

It never ends.

It is not so bad for me that I would think about stopping but if that's how you feel, then it's the right thing to do.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

There is no question that the industry has changed, however the game isn't over per say. There will always be bumps in the road from here on out, so what posters need to do is make sure they keep up on which books offer the best processing at the best prices. This is actually a project I will be starting to tackle later this fall actually, so stay tuned.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    There is no question that the industry has changed, however the game isn't over per say. There will always be bumps in the road from here on out, so what posters need to do is make sure they keep up on which books offer the best processing at the best prices. This is actually a project I will be starting to tackle later this fall actually, so stay tuned.
    This will be a very nice resource to have, BBD.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

I agree BBD it would be nice to have a breakdown of payout methods/fees/time frames for different books. OP what things are BetJam and Greek doing that you find questionable? I don't play at Greek anymore but BetJam is as A+ as a book can get imo

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Upon opening this thread, I was expecting a "long walk off a short pier with a cinder block tied to my ankle".

Dan, that seems helpful, and knowing your work ethic it will be a job well done.

dr03

even betting in general just seems to be blah now because of all the pains now with playing offshore and i would never play with a local. to make a deposit these days i have to go to the bank, withdraw money, put it on a card, etc. before it was easy, now its just a pain pretty much.

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

sounds like creditwagering is for you.

Barishnikov
    Barishnikov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Completely agree with the comments made here. Here we are making deposits and nervously watching and cheering for our teams on TV but at the same time thinking "even if I win, will I get paid?". Take for example the case of Matchbook. There is quite a number of people who haven't been paid.

dr03

pretty much the only gambling i do now is fantasy football at cbs. in 2 platinum leagues. ill do the free contest here and there, but thats it. hell those plays i posted in my avatar were the last plays i made, and that was 2 years ago.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sickler View Post

Dan, that seems helpful, and knowing your work ethic it will be a job well done.
    Thank you for those kind words sir.

Although I must say this project will get very intailed, time consuming, and hard to complete, however I'll sure give a 110% effort.

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by fiveteamer View Post
    sounds like creditwagering is for you.
    Yeah, that sounds right.

I have no problem getting money to or from ANY of the "offshore" books I use (Pinny, Greek, 5Dimes, Matchbook, CRIS, BetJam) as they ALL accept moneybookers, as for the "legit" books I use (Canbet, Centrebet, Betfair, Stan James) I also have no problem, moneybookers is accepted by them as well.

Moving money/ getting paid is easier than ever before.

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

That's because you're Canadian.

SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2923

BBD will keep us informed.