Kraghen
    Kraghen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2985

Quote Originally Posted by The Special One View Post

I will make it a DYNAMITE tomorrow - regardless of anyone's insights (ex. lakerboy), I will do what I believe...
    It's always good to follow what you believe is the best pick! Good luck anyway!

The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Kraghen View Post
    It's always good to follow what you believe is the best pick! Good luck anyway!

hitman09
    hitman09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

My prediction today games:

Bayern vs Inter 2-2 Final
    Manchester vs Marseille 2-0 Final

Good luck to all today. I rarely agree with S1 on soccer games.

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by hitman09 View Post
    My prediction today games: Bayern vs Inter 2-2 Final Manchester vs Marseille 2-0 Final Good luck to all today. I rarely agree with S1 on soccer games.

The Special One

Final Picks for Wed. March 16, 2011

1) Real Madrid vs Lyon:

This match will depend on many factors but most importantly, it will come down to how Mourinho positions his team. He will organize his team much like he does any of his CL teams - defensively but quick on counter-attacks. His team is coming into this match level 1-1 on aggregate and can even advance with a 0-0 result. However, knowing Mourinho quite well, he will NOT aim for this, regardless of what the Lyon coach is saying. Jose will not take a risk of being dumped out from a stupid late goal and will look for a steady lead throughout the entire game.

However, it will not be easy for him against a Lyon team shown to be very capable against Real - they have never lost at the Bernabeu and have dumped Real out of the competition for three straight meetings. The game will probably be defensive and boring to watch, UNLESS Real get an early goal, possibly in the first 20 minutes. If not, then the first half will probably end 0-0/1-0 and Lyon will head into the break, losing on aggregate. I think that Real will double their lead, if they have one already, later and the game will finish 2-0.

my prediction: Real Madrid 2-0 Lyon
    my pick: Real ML (nothing special, but I dont like the AH of -1.5)

2) Chelsea vs Copenhagen:

This will probably not be a good match to watch. Chelsea are coming into the game with a 0-2 aggregate lead over Copenhagen and will look to expand it early in the game. I thought that Copenhagen would get something out of the first game but its probably the lack of playing that hurt them in that game. However, they will be more ready for this game than before and should come out strong.

I actually do not think Copenhagen will lose that easily, mainly because Chelsea will be MORE confident in this game than the previous and that wont work against a desperate Copenhagen team. If Chelsea do not score early (first 20-30 min), then the first half will surely end 0-0. If they do score early, then they will have the tie in their hands. Knowing Chelsea, they usually end up scoring more after an early goal and should do the same tomorrow. I think Copenhagen will score only a consolation goal in this game, but could easily get one in the first half if Chelsea come out over-confident.

my prediction: Chelsea 2-1 Copenhagen (easily 1-0 as well)
    my pick: NO BET - I dont see any value in ANY bet here

- all in all, there are no value bets for tomorrow and I would suggest only looking at special props if anyone wants to bet on these games... ex. Ronaldo to score or 'yes - penalty' in Chelsea game...

gulash106
    gulash106's Avatar Become A Pro!

I took Marseille +1 (push) and Inter +.5 (win) today. Tomorrow, I agree with the lack of value on the chelsea game. But I also took Lyon +1.5. So we'll see how that goes.

hitman09
    hitman09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

Real Madrid vs Lyon 2-1 Final
    Chelsea vs Copenhagen 3-0 Final

Good luck to everyone!

PickApprentice
    PickApprentice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
    Final Picks for Wed. March 16, 2011

1) Real Madrid vs Lyon:

This match will depend on many factors but most importantly, it will come down to how Mourinho positions his team. He will organize his team much like he does any of his CL teams - defensively but quick on counter-attacks. His team is coming into this match level 1-1 on aggregate and can even advance with a 0-0 result. However, knowing Mourinho quite well, he will NOT aim for this, regardless of what the Lyon coach is saying. Jose will not take a risk of being dumped out from a stupid late goal and will look for a steady lead throughout the entire game.

However, it will not be easy for him against a Lyon team shown to be very capable against Real - they have never lost at the Bernabeu and have dumped Real out of the competition for three straight meetings. The game will probably be defensive and boring to watch, UNLESS Real get an early goal, possibly in the first 20 minutes. If not, then the first half will probably end 0-0/1-0 and Lyon will head into the break, losing on aggregate. I think that Real will double their lead, if they have one already, later and the game will finish 2-0.

my prediction: Real Madrid 2-0 Lyon
    my pick: Real ML (nothing special, but I dont like the AH of -1.5)

2) Chelsea vs Copenhagen:

This will probably not be a good match to watch. Chelsea are coming into the game with a 0-2 aggregate lead over Copenhagen and will look to expand it early in the game. I thought that Copenhagen would get something out of the first game but its probably the lack of playing that hurt them in that game. However, they will be more ready for this game than before and should come out strong.

I actually do not think Copenhagen will lose that easily, mainly because Chelsea will be MORE confident in this game than the previous and that wont work against a desperate Copenhagen team. If Chelsea do not score early (first 20-30 min), then the first half will surely end 0-0. If they do score early, then they will have the tie in their hands. Knowing Chelsea, they usually end up scoring more after an early goal and should do the same tomorrow. I think Copenhagen will score only a consolation goal in this game, but could easily get one in the first half if Chelsea come out over-confident.

my prediction: Chelsea 2-1 Copenhagen (easily 1-0 as well)
    my pick: NO BET - I dont see any value in ANY bet here

- all in all, there are no value bets for tomorrow and I would suggest only looking at special props if anyone wants to bet on these games... ex. Ronaldo to score or 'yes - penalty' in Chelsea game...

Great analysis! Agree with you no the Chelsea game. Pointless game to bet on.

The RM game will be tight, and I do think it will catch people by surprise. Also like to point out that there might be great value on under 2.5 @ 2.2

My plays:

RM win by 1 goal @4 Risking $50 to win $150
    RM under 2.5 @2.2 Risking $25 to win $30

adding two more plays after seeing the team sheets:

RM half time draw @ 2.6 Risking $30 to win $48
    Chelsea half time lead @1.6 $66.7 to win $40
    Last edited by PickApprentice; 03-16-11 at 02:45 PM.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Most people think this game will be tight looking back at last year, it could be but it has a real chance not to be.

If Lyon scores the over will hit. If Marid scores Lyon will be forced to play more offensive and risk getting caught on the counter. I see so many people playing Lyon Handicap and the under 3 but these are not profitable bets, they are coin flips. Betting against Mourinho in a home game is not profitable, sorry if you think you're sharp but Mourinho will punish you.

PickApprentice
    PickApprentice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Johon8, I get your point. If you think the under and over is a coin flip, then irrespective of the result, I will always win in the long run, because odd is greater than 2. I actually only care about long run.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Quote Originally Posted by PickApprentice View Post
    Johon8, I get your point. If you think the under and over is a coin flip, then irrespective of the result, I will always win in the long run, because odd is greater than 2. I actually only care about long run.
    I understand, at least you have a smart strategy.

protein
    protein's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 751

Copenhagen has really nice pink shirts

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by latinrus View Post
    1) AC MILAN vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR: Spurs

2) VALENCIA vs SCHALKE 04: Schalke

3) ARSENAL vs BARCELONA: Barca

4) AS ROMA vs SHAKHTAR DONETSK: Shakhtar

5) FC COPENHAGEN vs CHELSEA: Chelskea

6) LYON vs REAL MADRID: Real Madrid

7) INTERNAZIONALE vs BAYERN MUNICH: Inter

8) MARSEILLE vs MANCHESTER UNITED: Man U!
    I picked correclty the 8 teams that are on 1/4!

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by latinrus View Post
    I picked correclty the 8 teams that are on 1/4!
    GOOD STUFF!!!!!!! you only needed luck in the Inter game!!!!

p3re
    p3re's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 689

Great chances to see an spanish semifinals in champions league! that would be interesting watching Madrid and Barça fighting to get into the final!

Socrates
    Socrates's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Cant wait.

First ... 2345