The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by asjulian View Post
    Agreed on Roma. They are the better team and would have won the first leg if not for 10 minutes of craziness. I still can't understand why they are underdogs when they have to win by 2 goals to go ahead. I also really like the over 2.5 or maybe over 3.5 as well. Arsenal could surprise I think and perhaps manage a tie. Other two matches also ties imo.
    they need to get those goals in Shakhtar's stadium, which I dont think is that easy (look at Arsenal)...

gohabsgo
    gohabsgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Barcelona -1.5 looks good to me.

arsenal11
    arsenal11's Avatar Become A Pro!

roma will get a win here.and as per with the schalke game it will be a win for schalke..

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
    lets get the next games started!!!

my early leans:

Barcelona 3-0
    Roma 1-2
    Schalke 1-1
    Tottenham 0-0

what do you guys think?
    you dont think Arsenal will manage a goal? Seems like they pretty much have to come out with an offensive mindset - they can;t think they are keeping Barca scoreless meaning they will have to score to advance.

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by gryfyn1 View Post
    you dont think Arsenal will manage a goal? Seems like they pretty much have to come out with an offensive mindset - they can;t think they are keeping Barca scoreless meaning they will have to score to advance.
    they will have to and they willare two different things, especially in the case of Arsenal... I have found that the more Arsenal needs a goal, the less chance they wont get it - last year, it was a fluke that they scored first in Barcelona and this year I dont think we will see a fluke, UNLESS, Barcelona scores many more first (I am thinking 3-4)... Barca calmed down in the first leg game and basically allowed Arsenal to gather momentum, something we probably wont see tomorrow...

and if you are worried about Puyol begin out, DONT BE - they will not need him...

gryfyn1

mm, just thinking 5dimes has Arsenal TT over .5 @ -140

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by gryfyn1 View Post
    mm, just thinking 5dimes has Arsenal TT over .5 @ -140
    I dont really like that, mainly because I DO think it will be a tight game, maybe 2-0 (with most of the game at 1-0) and so Barca will make sure to hold the lead, and the ball, for the remainder of the game...

The Special One

Final Picks for Tuesday March 08, 2011

1) Barcelona vs Arsenal:

So here is the game everyone has been waiting for - the mighty Barca vs the Gunners!!! Here is my take on this game...
    I think we will see an organized Arsenal team with Fabregas desperate to show himself back home, and they will try to do the impossible with a shocking 2-1 aggregate lead in their possession, but...

Barcelona will show everyone why they are the best in the world - they should be the first to score and will keep looking for more and more goals while holding around 65-75% of possession... I think they will go up by 2 goals minimum and Arsenal will be looking for the vital away goal (when they do hold the ball) for most of the game - this will open up the game and Barca will be easily able to get a third if they want, which they probably will... and in the end, Arsenal will probably score a consolation goal and thats it...

my prediction: Barcelona 3-1 Arsenal (suggestion: Barcelona -1)

2) Shakhtar vs Roma:

This will obviously be the less-watched game of the day, but should still be interesting... Roma are traveling to Ukraine with a 2-3 deficit but this time around, they have a different coach... on the other side, we have a strong home team in Shakhtar who had a perfect home record in the group stages + they beat Arsenal 2-1...

Regardless, I think we finally see an Italian team victorious in the CL... it will extremely difficult for Roma to still advance to the next round as they have to win this game by at least 2 goals or win 2-3 (which is unlikely to happen twice)... I think they will come out strong with a fresh mindset and potentially get the first goal... from there, they will obviously look for the second, but will remain caution as they cannot concede anymore or else they will be knocked out - but because its Roma, they will probably end up conceding anyways and the game will be level at 1-1... this game will probably be a DRAW for quite some time but in the end, I think Roma will push and get a second goal (if they hadn't already earlier in the game)... they will try to get another but will fail against a tough Ukrainian side...

my prediction: Shakhtar 1-2 Roma (suggestion: Roma +0.5 or Roma DNB)

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE FOLLOWING AND REMEMBER TO ACTUALLY ENJOY THE GAMES!!!!

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

like barcelona to get this.

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal11 View Post
    roma will get a win here.and as per with the schalke game it will be a win for schalke..
    Shakhtar to qualify

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ringemup View Post
    like barcelona to get this.
    Crap odds though Hopefully they improve inplayy

hitman09
    hitman09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

Barcelona 3-0, 4-0 ......... Shakhtar Draw or win at least by 1.

gryfyn1

I dont really like that, mainly because I DO think it will be a tight game, maybe 2-0 (with most of the game at 1-0) and so Barca will make sure to hold the lead, and the ball, for the remainder of the game...

didn;t make the play, but man that would have been a brutal bet either way --- got home looked at the game cast, 80 minutes in Arsenal dosen't even have a shot let alone one on target -- yet that have a goal --

hitman09

Final Picks for Tuesday March 08, 2011

1) Barcelona vs Arsenal:

So here is the game everyone has been waiting for - the mighty Barca vs the Gunners!!! Here is my take on this game...
    I think we will see an organized Arsenal team with Fabregas desperate to show himself back home, and they will try to do the impossible with a shocking 2-1 aggregate lead in their possession, but...

Barcelona will show everyone why they are the best in the world - they should be the first to score and will keep looking for more and more goals while holding around 65-75% of possession... I think they will go up by 2 goals minimum and Arsenal will be looking for the vital away goal (when they do hold the ball) for most of the game - this will open up the game and Barca will be easily able to get a third if they want, which they probably will... and in the end, Arsenal will probably score a consolation goal and thats it...

my prediction: Barcelona 3-1 Arsenal (suggestion: Barcelona -1)

2) Shakhtar vs Roma:

This will obviously be the less-watched game of the day, but should still be interesting... Roma are traveling to Ukraine with a 2-3 deficit but this time around, they have a different coach... on the other side, we have a strong home team in Shakhtar who had a perfect home record in the group stages + they beat Arsenal 2-1...

Regardless, I think we finally see an Italian team victorious in the CL... it will extremely difficult for Roma to still advance to the next round as they have to win this game by at least 2 goals or win 2-3 (which is unlikely to happen twice)... I think they will come out strong with a fresh mindset and potentially get the first goal... from there, they will obviously look for the second, but will remain caution as they cannot concede anymore or else they will be knocked out - but because its Roma, they will probably end up conceding anyways and the game will be level at 1-1... this game will probably be a DRAW for quite some time but in the end, I think Roma will push and get a second goal (if they hadn't already earlier in the game)... they will try to get another but will fail against a tough Ukrainian side...

my prediction: Shakhtar 1-2 Roma (suggestion: Roma +0.5 or Roma DNB)

nice call on the barca game, how is the odd for the correct result 3-1 ?

hitman09

Quote Originally Posted by hitman09 View Post
    Barcelona 3-0, 4-0 ......... Shakhtar Draw or win at least by 1.

I guess I didn't expect Sergio score an own goal. BTW, again I hit both plays.

The Special One

I guess I didn't expect Sergio score an own goal. BTW, again I hit both plays.
    good stuff!!! Roma did what they do best - ****** up

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Looks like you're the only one who posted Barca -1.5 on this forum, GJ. Don't sweat about Roma those losers gave up on the CL the moment they stepped on the pitch.

I doubt Milan is as pathetic as Roma, but we'll see.

The Special One

Yeh thanks... I am actually very surprised that nobody went for Barcelona with confidence - I mean, did anybody learn anything from the first leg?
    About Milan, I am going to think about this game for a while and will post tomorrow.

The Special One

Final Picks for Wednesday March 09, 2011

1) Tottenham vs Milan:

This game is quite interesting. At home, we have a Tottenham side in uncharted territory (round of 16) who are coming into this game with a 1-0 aggregate lead over Serie A leaders AC Milan after beating them at the San Siro with a single Crouch goal. However, the score did not completely reflect the game as Tottenham had dominated Milan for most of the game, especially in the first half. Therefore, Milan will need to be at their best to reverse the deficit which will obviously be difficult against a strong London crowd.

I think that this will be a low-scoring game with potential to end goal-less, but most likely with 1 goal apiece, with Tottenham potentially scoring first and Milan equalizing afterwards to cause some concern in the game (if they win 1-2, they will advance on the away-goals rule)... however, I highly doubt that Tottenham will lose, especially because they might not even be able to participate next year with Chelsea potentially robbing them of fourth place in the EPL...

my prediction: Tottenham 1-1 AC Milan (suggestion: DRAW @ 3.4 or u2.5 @ 1.9)

2) Schalke vs Valencia:

This is a very tricky game. On one side, we have a decent German team who are better than their record in the domestic league suggests. On the other side, we have a strong Valencia team who perform similarly home and away in the domestic league, which outlines their potential. They are coming into this game level at 1-1 and so both teams will be looking for a goal, but... Schalke could even advance if the score stays at 0-0 due to the away-goals rule.

This game has under written all over as Schalke's objective is to preserve a low-scoring lead or draw (0-0) while Valencia will look for their crucial away goal. However, I think Valencia has the quality to get the first goal and possibly even in the first half. If that happens, Schalke will try desperately to equalize and probably will in the second half. No CL games have gone into extra-time but I think we might witness this for the first time tomorrow...

my prediction: Schalke 1-1 Valencia
    (suggestion: DRAW @ 3.3 or u2.5 @ 1.7)
    (Schalke to win ET or penalties)

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

draw looks good for tottenham but they r so explosive its hard to pick it as a tie.

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by ringemup View Post
    draw looks good for tottenham but they r so explosive its hard to pick it as a tie.
    yes, I agree its quite risky - I am taking the DRAW and will pay close attention to the game LIVE...

hitman09

Two tomorrow games are hard to pick, not easy like Barca and Shakhtar, but if "have to play" I will go with Tottenham at home and the DRAW on that game, and Schalke 04 PK. Good luck.

gohabsgo
    gohabsgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I like Schalke 04 to advance and Tottenham PK.

Thansk special one
    Last edited by gohabsgo; 03-08-11 at 11:56 PM.

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by gohabsgo View Post
    I like Schalke 04 to advance
    me too...

TT22
    TT22's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16610

Tottenham-Milan draw looks good.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

gl....i like the schalke draw

GAMBLOR777
    GAMBLOR777's Avatar Become A Pro!

yes I can see schalke-valencia going into overtime.

let's get it.

hitman09

Two tomorrow games are hard to pick, not easy like Barca and Shakhtar, but if "have to play" I will go with Tottenham at home LOST 1/2 WAGER and the DRAW on that game WIN, and Schalke 04 PK WIN. Good luck.

I hit again BTW, congrat to whoever play DRAW both game, profitable day!

The Special One

Final Picks for Tuesday March 15, 2011

1) Bayern vs Inter:

This should be a very tight game (hopefully). Bayern are coming into this game with a 0-1 aggregate lead and are now at home against the defending champions, Inter. The first game was extremely 50/50, especially at the end, but overall, Bayern deserved the win.

In order to advance, Bayern either need to win or draw, but could even lose 0-1 and still advance (ET & penalties). However, as this will be a game of revenge, I highly doubt Inter will get the win, but I dont think they will lose AGAIN.

my prediction: Bayern 1-1 Inter (suggestion: DRAW)

2) Manchester United vs Marseille:

For some reason, many people believe that Marseille has a chance in this game - WHY? I hope people are not deciding on this game based on group stage results because that would be incredibly useless. I have watched Marseille play several times this season and I truly have no clue why they are KNOWN to be a good defensive team, or even offensive (except when against dumb teams). Marseille will barely have any chances in this game and MNU will be advancing their players every second in this game.

To add, Valencia has returned from injury for MNU and completely changes the team's performance if anyone has actually noticed. In my opinion, he is the best natural winger in the EPL currently and when he plays, MNU do not act like a typical English team, with crosses and long passes - instead, they emulate Barcelona. As well, Nani will be bck from injury and many players such as Giggs, Scholes and Berbatov have had a ton of rest in the past couple of weeks. Basically, I cannot see anything but a MNU victory and an easy one too.

my prediction: Manchester United 3-0 Marseille (suggestion: MNU -1 - BIG TIME)

Last edited by The Special One; 03-14-11 at 10:36 PM.

gryfyn1

Most places have the under in the Inter/Bayern Game over 2.0, seems like Bayern should play this game very tight much how Spurs played out thier game.

Kraghen
    Kraghen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2985

Is Rio Ferdinan back? I was told Man UTD defense have two big injuries... don't underestimate Marseille... they might not be a 5 stars team like Real, Barça, Bayern etc, but they have some good players like Heinze, Lucho, Valbuena, Benoît Cheyrou... I agree Manchester UTD should win, but the game could also end as a draw, especially in 1st half... Marseille only decent strickers are Ayew and Remy, I don't like Gignac at all, and Brandao is out ...
    Brazilian Brandao was arrested and questioned in midweek after a 23-year-old woman alleged she was raped in the early hours of March 2 on a motorway rest-spot after a night out.

The frontman accepts there was intercourse but insists it was consensual.

Police also visited the club's training ground and interrogated the squad and staff one by one.
    However, despite brandao was out, Marseille won against Rennes (2nd of ligue 1) by two goals.

I like your Bayern Inter draw though! But I don't think Man UTD will win by 3 goals.. but your pick will certainly succeed!

The Special One

the Brandao situation is hilarious!!!

but with regards to the game, you might be a bit biased - I dont think Marseille is that good...

sure, they beat Stade Rennes but how much experience did their opponent have? I find the French table standings very irrelevant to a team's true quality... I think Lille is good and so are Marseille and Lyon - Rennes will find it difficult to stay up there with the better teams and should be third IMO...

with regards to Marseille's team, I like Valbuena and Remy but dont think Heinze is any good - in fact, I really like that he will be playing because either Nani or Valencia will terrorize him... if they get possession, they might score but heres the thing...

I actually like Smalling over Ferdinand, I think he is faster, smarter and more organized - only thing is he lacks experience... and the partnership between him and Vidic is amazing...

let me put it this way... if Marseille sneak a draw, I will quit betting for a month.

Kraghen
    Kraghen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2985

the Brandao situation is hilarious!!!

but with regards to the game, you might be a bit biased - I dont think Marseille is that good...

sure, they beat Stade Rennes but how much experience did their opponent have? I find the French table standings very irrelevant to a team's true quality... I think Lille is good and so are Marseille and Lyon - Rennes will find it difficult to stay up there with the better teams and should be third IMO...

with regards to Marseille's team, I like Valbuena and Remy but dont think Heinze is any good - in fact, I really like that he will be playing because either Nani or Valencia will terrorize him... if they get possession, they might score but heres the thing...

I actually like Smalling over Ferdinand, I think he is faster, smarter and more organized - only thing is he lacks experience... and the partnership between him and Vidic is amazing...

let me put it this way... if Marseille sneak a draw, I will quit betting for a month.
    With that being said, I think you give no luck to Marseille, and neither do I... In fact, I though Marseille would get a draw in 1st half but the MAN UTD -1 first half sounds better... why didn't you HAMMER or DYNAMITE this pick?

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by Kraghen View Post
    With that being said, I think you give no luck to Marseille, and neither do I... In fact, I though Marseille would get a draw in 1st half but the MAN UTD -1 first half sounds better... why didn't you HAMMER or DYNAMITE this pick?
    I will make it a DYNAMITE tomorrow - regardless of anyone's insights (ex. lakerboy), I will do what I believe...

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Good luck

First 12345 Last