Alexgurv
    Alexgurv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 320

September Soccer Picks

Hello

International Soccer 2010 Overall 29-16-9 +12.73 units (64.44%)

Estonia +1 (+127) to bet 1 unit

This is really just a shot at this, but Italy is running just about as well as France is right now. This is the same team that got a draw against New Zealand, anything can happen. Estonia is kind of good at home, and kind of good altogether. They got a draw against Portugal at home last year. They lost to Brazil just 1-0 at home last year. They've also beaten a few teams like Finland and Belgium. Seems like they are alright at home. Take a shot with this one.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Keep the group in mind. Slovenia, N. Ireland and Serbia are real threats vs Italy, so you should expect Italy to want to get max points out of Estonia and the Faroe Islands. GL

saske
    saske's Avatar Become A Pro!

Estonia +1 (+127) to bet 1 unit <<< It's Good Choose...

Alexgurv

thanks guys GL

cornerkick
    cornerkick's Avatar Become A Pro!

Makes sense. I might just wager something small on Belarus as well, the line is great and I don't trust the French can handle well their first competitive game under Blanc. Good luck!

Alexgurv

Quote Originally Posted by cornerkick View Post
    Makes sense. I might just wager something small on Belarus as well, the line is great and I don't trust the French can handle well their first competitive game under Blanc. Good luck!
    hope you took it man. Watched most of the Estonia-Italy game. Was actually gone for about 20 minutes and in that 20 minutes Italy scored the 2 goals

Estonia looked alright actually, had some chances to tie it up

Looks like france just sucks btw

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

I saw the Estonia game, Estonia should have won that game if their defenders weren't retarded... they threw it away from 2 corners. The best example of bad defending I've ever seen, 8 players standing frozen away from an Italian player who took his time in the box for like 3 full seconds before tapping it in. I can't wait till Italy faces a team like Serbia who won't let chances like that go in. France were also horrible, cornerkick I hope you cashed that bet.

mygooglik
    mygooglik's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah, Estonians beginning was nice - but finish was terrible...

Alexgurv

International Soccer 2010 Overall 29-16-10 +12.73 units (64.44%)

France pick -102 to win 1 unit

I'm gonna kill myself for it but I think this bet presents good value. They shouldn't actually lose this, and hopefully they will finally get it turned around and win a game. Worst case I see a push in this to be honest, but I think France will win, Bosnia is a pretty bad team all around.

Alexgurv

Maybe an overreaction on my part about them being a terrible team but I wouldn't consider them a good team.

Luxembourg
    Ghana
    Estonia
    Armenia
    Oman
    Liechtenstein

The teams they've beaten since June last year. Other then Ghana, far from impressive.

Losses to Spain and Portugal are expected, but a loss to Iran, and draws to Uzbekistan and Qatar are also far from impressive. I'd be shocked if France doesn't draw this team worse case scenario like I said

Alexgurv

German Soccer 2010-2011 1-0-1 +1.00 units (100.00%)

Hoffenheim pick -122 to win 1 unit

They started the season 2-0 while Schalke starts the season 0-2. Schalke is playing undisciplined right now and I watched some of the Hamburg game. They were a man down more then half the game but they just looked all over the place. Huntelaar should greatly help them out offensively, but its hard for me to ignore on what a bad run Schalke seems to be on right now.

Alexgurv

Gonna make some quick picks tonight...

English Soccer 2010-2011 4-2-3 +2.10 units (66.66%)

Man United -0.5 -110 to win 1 unit

Dunno if Rooney is playing or what, but even if he isn't, he has struggled enough this season where I don't think it affects them. Everton is a notorious slow starter. There last game against Aston Villa they must have missed about 20 chances on goal. I see a 2-0 Man U win here

Italian Soccer 2010-2011 2-0-0 +2.53 units (100.00%)

Udinese +1/+1.5 -113 to win 1 unit

Rafa might actually get a win here (he has to win at one point). But I could see this being a tight game. Pretty simple reason. Rafa.

Alexgurv

English Soccer 2010-2011 4-3-3 +1.05 units (66.66%)

Birmingham +0.5 -141 to win 1 unit

I have half a mind to take them S/U to win this game but I'll go the safe route like I usually do. Birmingham is a pretty solid defensive team that will only get better with Hleb. There are two things that really make me like this game, the first is that BC are great at home. The second is that Liverpool just isn't that good. There not that great away, and there really not that great as a team either. I certainly don't trust in Hodgson to turn this around either.

French Soccer 2010-2011 5-2-1 +3.11 units (71.42%)

Nice pick +130 to bet 1 unit

Watched FCGB's entire last game against OM and I think the only thing I got out of this game is they are extremely lucky that they came out of that even with a draw. They looked horrible on defense and it seemed like OM had possession for 75% of the game. These top teams in France are odd as well because they seem to start slow every seen. Nice is ok at home, they haven't lost in 8 straight at home. Could easily see a draw here but going what I see as the safe route in Nice.

Spanish Soccer 2010-2011 1-1-0 +0.00 units (50.00%)

Villarreal -125 to win 1 unit

Pretty simple here, a pretty good home team that rarely loses at home going against Espanyol who seldom wins away.

Russian Soccer 2010 18-17-2 -1.58 units (51.42%)

Lok Moscow +0.5 -115 to win 1 unit

Taking a shot in the dark here, thats probably not a good idea but the odds seem off to me which usually tells me you shouldn't pick the obvious. CSKA is just as hot as Zenit right now. They've only lost 1 game all year on the road. Lokomotiv has been playing the exact opposite. They've lost 4 games in a row at home including to 1 team in the Europa League I haven't heard much about So why arent the odds a little higher for CSKA? Guess I'm doing reverse logic here.

Alexgurv

English Soccer 2010-2011 5-3-3 +2.05 units (62.50%)

Stoke pick -120 to win 1 unit

Aston Villa's last road performance was a 6-0 loss to Newcastle. This isn't the same team as last year. They looked horrific in there last game against Everton even though they won. I felt like Everton had at least 20 shots on target, they just got lucky Everton couldnt finish. Otherwise they were lucky to win. Could see a draw here, Stoke is pretty solid at home, think they sneak one in though and win this game.

Cerooo
    Cerooo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexgurv View Post

Hoffenheim pick -122 to win 1 unit
    Very beautiful straight hint
    Thanks

Alexgurv

UEFA Competitions 2010-2011 7-7-1 -0.91 units (50.00%)

FC Schalke +0.5 -109 to win 1 unit

Schalke really struggling so far to open the season but OL really not doing much better. I think this game likely ends in a draw but being that I think Schalke is better offensively I could see them sneaking one in. Also at least Schalke is losing to teams like Bayern and Hoffenheim while OL is losing to teams like Caen and Lorient.

FC Copenhagen pick -112 to win 1 unit

Rubin Kazan has been struggling of late in domestic play on the road. Not too long ago this team had only given up 1 goal all year on the road. Then after Zenit beats them 2-0 on the road they seemed to really hit the shitter drawing against some teams I think they would have usually beaten. FC Copenhagen just looking at previous results seems to be spectacular at home.

Blue_Chips
    Blue_Chips's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck tomorrow!

Alexgurv

Thanks BLue Chips gL

Alexgurv

UEFA Competitions 2010-2011 8-8-1 -1.00 units (50.00%)

AS Roma +1 (-135) to win 1 unit

Both teams struggling early. Bayern even though they were the runners up to the whole thing did pretty poorly in group stage last year and barely snuck into the next round by beating Juventus who might have been playing even worse. This will be a close game and I could see it ending a draw, don't see Bayern winning by multiples due to there offensive struggles early in the season.

OM -130 to win 1 unit

Spartak isn't that greatest offensive or away team. Auxerre proved against Zenit that the French league could compete with the top of the Russian league. OM's problems are on defense rather then offense. I think they simply outscore Spartak in this one.

Aristocles
    Aristocles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Going to try some soccer betting. . . Just for fun, low bets and no worries. I just want to make learning the game a bit more fun.

BOL

Gabriela
    Gabriela's Avatar Become A Pro!

i loveee soccer,go for bayer munich

rook
    rook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3146

i like bayern to win, but AS Roma comes after a bittery defeat, i think bayern will win by one goal, any other handicap is no play by my intuition

Alexgurv

Aristocles - thats how I started 4 years ago, just started making small bets and slowly learning. I still dont know nearly as much as I know about for example the NBA. But I do know a lot more thanks to gambling. It's a great sport and I've grown to really like it, its one of my favorite sports now

Gabriela/rook - Don't see though, Roma has been smoked this season, but Bayern hasn't been able to score this season. I could almost see this ending 0-0 and worst casing I see a 1-0 win for Bayern, but thats worse case to me, worth the risk IMO

Alexgurv

German Soccer 2010-2011 2-0-1 +2.00 units (100.00%)

Freiburg +0.5 (+110) to bet 1 unit

Freiburg has been playing pretty solid so far this season. Watched one of there games this season, and it happened to be one where they lost. They played solidly on defense the whole game. They gave up all 3 goal in that game in the last 10 minutes of the game and it seems like they kind of collapsed. They were clearly the better team IMO, just the thing you have to worry about is opposing teams scoring and taking the air out of them cuz thats the way it looked to me. I think they stay in this game and honestly fight for the win. Eintracht Frankfurt has been inconsistent in the recent past at home. Freiburg is an improving team and I think they should be able to get the draw here

Alexgurv

English Soccer 2010-2011 6-3-3 +3.05 units (66.66%)

Fulham +0.5 (-116) to win 1 unit

I like to make these kind of bets. It's a theory I have about a star player going out with a considerable injury. The team usually somehow pulls out a favorable result when its unexpected the first game with the injured player out. The team is already horrible on the road. But the line doesn't seem to favor the win for Blackburn. Blackburn played decent this season, but lets just say this is a gut feeling a Fulham could get pull away with a draw in this game (I know thats pretty shit reasoning but wth)

Spanish Soccer 2010-2011 2-1-0 +1.00 units (66.66%)

Sporting Gijon pick -131 to win 1 unit

Sporting Gijon is a mediocre home team, they are pretty much what seems like .500 at home. But what got me to take a look at this is how terrible Atletico Bilbao is on the road. Up until they beat Hercules this year on the road, they went winless 14 games in a row on the road. I think Sporting Gijon should at least be able to get a draw, but hopefully they win.

NDIrish9
    NDIrish9's Avatar Become A Pro!

dumb! dumb dumb dumb !

Alexgurv

k lol ^^^

English Soccer 2010-2011 7-3-3 +4.05 units (70.00%)

Man City -0.5 (-138) to win 1 unit

Decided to lay off the big game and probably just sleep by it, though I think United should win it. Man City, not a great road team. Most would argue thats there biggest problem, they cant win at home. But Wigan's biggest problem is they cant win at all. There not that good, home or away. There GD this year at home is already 10, and they've only had 3 games at home.

Italian Soccer 2010-2011 3-0-1 +3.03 units (100.00%)

Bologna +1 (106) to bet 1 unit

Gonna take a shot with this one, Roma has been struggling on all fronts of the game so far this year. Bologna isn't the best team in the world, but they proved against Inter a few back that they could hang with the big dogs, and Roma can't even be considered a top team right now. I think Bologna hangs around.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

What do think about the Man City/Wigan goal total? I'm thinking o2.5 at +100 is a goer.

Alexgurv

Sorry I missed this Optional, I usually just make my plays and go to bed , hopefully you laid off that over

Alexgurv

Russian Soccer 2010 19-17-2 -0.58 units (52.77%)

Terek Grozni +0.5 (-111) to win 1 unit

Going against my team and the best team on this one. But I could see maybe Zenit struggled a bit after playing just a few days ago on the road in Netherlands. Also T. Grozni is a pretty good home team. I am hoping for the sake of Zenit keeping there undefeated streak...this one ends a draw..but you never know...

Blue_Chips
    Blue_Chips's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck tomorrow!

Alexgurv

Thanks Blue Chips, ended up being a winner

Alexgurv

German Soccer 2010-2011 3-0-1 +3.10 units (100.00%)

Werder Bremen -0.5 (+105) to bet 1 unit

Im hesitant with this one, because Werder has't won on the road so far this year. But they looked better against Bayern a couple weeks back on the road. I think they should get it done against Hannover who is not a very good team this year. They beat Eintracht, but they are not that great of a team, and should have probably lost to Bayer Leverkusen. I think Werder pulls this one out to the tune of 2-0 or 3-0.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alex,

How can you leave Mainz at home and put your money on Werder on the road? Agreed, Werder are the better team but their defense is very vulnerable.

Alexgurv

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post
    Alex,

How can you leave Mainz at home and put your money on Werder on the road? Agreed, Werder are the better team but their defense is very vulnerable.
    I agree the defense is vulnerable, especially considering the injuries. But with the same line up they held Bayern to 0. I know this Bayern team isn't at its top form yet but I think that says something. If you look at the history between these games, this is a very high scoring game with it usually ending a draw or Werder kicking there ass. Mainz is certainly seemingly a solid bet with how they've been playing of late at home but just something I don't like about this game. If your on it, good luck, I think its probably a winner, just a funny feeling there. But I honestly see Werder winning this, and winning it easily.

12 Last