Salmon Steak
    Salmon Steak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

FC Barcelona - VFB Stuttgart

FC Barcelona (-1 1/2) -165

I really feel they win this by at least two. Please talk me out of this if you disagree. After Liverpool losing to wigan and lille b2b I don't know anymore.

FC Barcelona has been playing really well lately
    Last edited by Salmon Steak; 03-17-10 at 02:00 AM.

JRLM8
    JRLM8's Avatar Become A Pro!

Personally, I don't trust Barca to cover a spread if Ibra starts and Puyol is questionable for the game.

Match background from UEFA.com
    • Barcelona are seeking a third successive UEFA Champions League quarter-final appearance. Stuttgart have never been beyond the last 16 and last appeared in the quarter-finals of any UEFA club competition in 1998.
    • Barcelona have won their eight most recent home matches against German opposition, including a 4-0 triumph against FC Bayern München in last season's quarter-finals.
    • Bayern were the last Bundesliga visitors to emerge victorious from the Camp Nou, winning 2-1 in the UEFA Champions League group stage in November 1998.
    • Barcelona beat German opposition in Fortuna Düsseldorf to win the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup in 1979.
    • The holders won two of their three home games in the group stage, beating FC Dynamo Kyiv and FC Internazionale Milano either side of a surprise loss to FC Rubin Kazan.
    • Stuttgart have never won in Spain but have posted three draws and one victory on the road in this season's UEFA Champions League, including a 1-1 draw at Sevilla FC in November.
    • Overall the Bundesliga club have won just one of 12 previous meetings with Spanish sides – a 1-0 home success against Real Sociedad de Fútbol in the first leg of the 1988/89 UEFA Cup quarter-final. It was their first encounter with Liga opposition and they eventually advanced on penalties after losing the return by the same scoreline.
    • Worryingly for Stuttgart, they have won only one of four ties in UEFA club competition when they have drawn the first leg at home, beating R. Standard de Liège in the 2000 UEFA Intertoto Cup semi-finals (1-1 home, 1-0 away). The most recent of their three aggregate defeats came in 2000/01 when they were eliminated in the UEFA Cup fourth round by another Spanish side – RC Celta de Vigo (0-0 home, 1-2 away).
    • Barcelona are in an identical position to a year ago, when they drew 1-1 at Olympique Lyonnais in the first knockout round first leg – they went on to win 5-2 in the Camp Nou return.
    • That was one of 21 occasions when the Blaugrana have drawn the first leg away, and they emerged victorious on aggregate 15 times, the most recent defeat coming in the 2002/03 UEFA Champions League quarter-finals against Juventus (1-1 away, 1-2 home aet).
    • Gross was in charge of the Basel side whose 1-1 draw at Barcelona in last season's group stage helped salvage some pride after a 5-0 home reverse.
    • The Stuttgart coach's overall record in the competition against Spanish sides, with Basel, previously Grasshopper-Club and now Stuttgart, is: W1 D3 L5. That solitary victory came against RC Deportivo La Coruña in the 2002/03 second group stage – 1-0 in Switzerland.

Alain Hamer is in charge of this match. His last time out with Stuttgart was in 2006 when they lost 2-1 to Middlesbrough. His last time in charge of Barcelona was in 2002 for their 1-0 win over Locomotiv Moscow.
    Points Awarded:

Salmon Steak gave JRLM8 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Salmon Steak
    Salmon Steak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

Thanks JRLM8 here is a SBR point. i dont think Ibra is playing though. I feel they are much better when he is not in the lineup. I will check some more stats and be back in a few hours. I wish I followed Bundesliga more gl everybody lets get a consensus and beat these books.
    Last edited by Salmon Steak; 03-17-10 at 03:15 AM.

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

i'm on barca -1.5 for this one.

Giuvara
    Giuvara's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3033

It was a bad tuesday night yesterday in CL, but today Barcelona i don't think will have any sort of problems with Stuttgart.They have their confidence back after 3-0 with Valencia and they have quality, opposed to the Germans which i don't particularly fancy especially in defense.Their new coach, Christian Gross get them back to winning ways while Cacau shows some great form,but this is not enough for them to qualify from Nou Camp.I would stay away though from the handicap because it is very risky in this competition.Stuttgart has to attack and I'll go with over 2.5, over 3,5 for a small stake and even Messi anytime scorer as he is in top shape and Delpierre is no match for him.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

If there is a bet on this match, it is the Barca handicap, unless you want to risk another CL upset. But out of all the matches played in the past few weeks this is the least likely upset. Barca are the best in the world at home, even though Ibra might slow them down he still got the away goal and will probably score here again if he plays.

so far almost every matchup in these legs ended in -1 draw handicap, I've been using it, and will probably use it for this game too. GL
    Last edited by JOHON8; 03-17-10 at 03:15 AM.

hedgejob
    hedgejob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5164

Xavi injured in training & out.

samitarian
    samitarian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

i really feel barca will not win the champions league this year but i don't think they'll fall at this hurdle. a win for them, but won't be easy

winM
    winM's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take Barca!

mihaita666
    mihaita666's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 502

the only thing that freaks me out is that barca is qualified at 0-0....however, i cannot see them today playing for a 0-0

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

good luck man

squintz4
    squintz4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

Barca will win today, not sure how convincing it will be though, BOL to all!

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!
    Shark79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

This game should go OVER.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave Shark79 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

zlate22
    Update your status
    zlate22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

barsa win tonight 4:0

Gargamel
    Gargamel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Messi anytime scorer @ 1.8

my only play for this one

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Teams:
    Barcelona (4-3-3): Valdes, Alves, Puyol, Pique, Maxwell; Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta; Messi, Pique, Maxwell; Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta; Messi, Ibrahimovic, Henry

Stuttgart (4-4-2): Lehmann; Celozzi, Tasci, Delpierre, Molinaro; Gebhart, Kuzmanovic, Khedira, Hleb; Cacau, Pogrebnyak

Easy win for the barca 4-1 or 4-0.

SRBI
    SRBI's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL I think it is absolutely hilarious how everyone hates Ibra, poor guy, too bad he's a bum!

Go back to Italia, you don't belong in Spain my friend!
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-16-15 at 01:15 PM.

pouroupoupou
    pouroupoupou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Both teams to score and over 3

JRLM8

Quote Originally Posted by hedgejob View Post
    Xavi injured in training & out.
    Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post
    Teams:
    Barcelona (4-3-3): Valdes, Alves, Puyol, Pique, Maxwell; Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta; Messi, Ibrahimovic, Henry

Stuttgart (4-4-2): Lehmann; Celozzi, Tasci, Delpierre, Molinaro; Gebhart, Kuzmanovic, Khedira, Hleb; Cacau, Pogrebnyak
    Those aren't the teams because Xavi is out.

Josu
    Josu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

Ibra to score.

He just has had some bad luck, people hate him for no reason. It's not his fault he's big and everyone else are midgets and they get knocked down when he jumps up.

varin18
    varin18's Avatar Become A Pro!

o2.5 and barca -1 looks to be strong bets indeed

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will just watch this one and enjoy it.

RbN
    RbN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Ibra should be traded again for Eto'o. Eto'o is a perfect finshing station for Barcelona. They dont need a targetman but a finisher!!! Inter needs Zlatan to keep the ball upfront.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ibra will adjust with time. Be patient.

SRBI
    SRBI's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Josu View Post
    Ibra to score.

He just has had some bad luck, people hate him for no reason. It's not his fault he's big and everyone else are midgets and they get knocked down when he jumps up.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-16-15 at 01:16 PM.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    If there is a bet on this match, it is the Barca handicap, unless you want to risk another CL upset. But out of all the matches played in the past few weeks this is the least likely upset. Barca are the best in the world at home, even though Ibra might slow them down he still got the away goal and will probably score here again if he plays.

so far almost every matchup in these legs ended in -1 draw handicap, I've been using it, and will probably use it for this game too. GL

They lost to Rubin Kazan at home- anything is possible - look what happened yesterday

RbN
    RbN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post
    Ibra will adjust with time. Be patient.
    You are wrong. Ive been following Ibra since he was playing for my club Ajax. Hes not a Barca Striker.

Josu
    Josu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

Quote Originally Posted by SRBI View Post
    So he shows feelings... nothing wrong with that. But in reality I was trying to make a reference to that cracovia show where zlatan and pep are hijacking a plane to get the ref to take their red cards away, in which zlatan complains about him being big and the ref should stop making calls against him.

JRLM8

Ibra starts on the bench for Barca.

Valdes; Alves, Pique, Puyol, Maxwell; Busquets, Toure, Iniesta; Pedro, Henry, Messi

Link to matchtracker

thirtytwo
    thirtytwo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

The line is way out of whack for Barcelona. -450 to win? Its Champions League for gods sake, Stutgart is not some Racing Gijon, they will work their arses off the whole 90 minutes and more.

I like germans on AH

simonsolent
    simonsolent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

I've just taken both teams to score @ +120

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

starting to think stugart +1.5 is the play

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

Stugart +1.5/+2 -110 at phoenix and +2 -150 at phoenix..

going to play one of these...

Gargamel
    Gargamel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Messi to score anytime looks even better without Ibra starting. He'll get the lion's share of the chances now I imagine.

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

just took Stuttgart on the AC -101

Under 2.5, 3 +139

12 Last