eleuropeano
    eleuropeano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1924

The proportion of skill to physical aptitude needed to be successful in soccer is much higher than in any other sport. Bottom line: you can be a 5-foot meatball like Maradona, but still be one of the greatest players of all time as long as you got the skills. That's much different than American sports, where if you are not of certain height/mass, you just can't play the sport at the highest level. It is just the way the sports are played, they require different sets of attributes.

hughesn2
    hughesn2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Well soccer is a game full of pu$$ies except for the stars. Also, you have to run so much that you have to be lean.
    Here in America we call them Foot Fairies for a reason!

govolz
    govolz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by radlt7 View Post
    soccer is the most popular sport in the world, which is really called football but your dumbass white people copied the name(i dont know why if they hardly even touch the ball with their foot) dumb asses !

second of all you hardly ever see any soccer players involved in drug, killing, women abuse, dumb actions like suiciding like your dumbass "football" players with dead brains who are only "good" at "football" and those things ^

second of all soccer players make more money on selling shirts, commercials, sponsors, etc.
    which adds more more money than those monkeys playing "football" make

+ i dont see the nfl having more viewers than the eorld cup fucken pieces of shit!

and i dont know why they call it american football if most of the football players come from african ancesters! yet you see most of the fans are white(facepalm)
    and if it was a man sport so many players wouldnt be sueing the nfl for concussions and them getting hurt because theyre pussies and they wouldnt be wearing 50 lbs of protection
    soccer players only wear shin guards, get cut, kicked, hit, they just get up and keep playing

and last, whats the point of everytouchdown = 7 points ?
    the score would still be in their favor if it was 21-7 it would translate to 3-1
    americans just like to go against everyone and change everything
    football is pathetic and just a waist of time
    their life expectancy is about 55 yrs and it kills your brains

now go play "football" and do drugs fucken niggers
    Ty for your great input

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Hockey players average about 2-3 miles a game with breaks but far more contact.

Almost any player in the entire NHL (not the European fancy boys) could beat the ever loving shit out of any soccer player.

Food for thought.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post

Almost any player in the entire NHL (not the European fancy boys) could beat the ever loving shit out of any soccer player.

Food for thought.
    Play like 15 minutes on average while gliding on skates for 10 minutes. Maybe actual 2 mins of hard skating.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

soccer is the most popular sport in the world, which is really called football but your dumbass white people copied the name(i dont know why if they hardly even touch the ball with their foot) dumb asses !

second of all you hardly ever see any soccer players involved in drug, killing, women abuse, dumb actions like suiciding like your dumbass "football" players with dead brains who are only "good" at "football" and those things ^

second of all soccer players make more money on selling shirts, commercials, sponsors, etc.
    which adds more more money than those monkeys playing "football" make

+ i dont see the nfl having more viewers than the eorld cup fucken pieces of shit!

and i dont know why they call it american football if most of the football players come from african ancesters! yet you see most of the fans are white(facepalm)
    and if it was a man sport so many players wouldnt be sueing the nfl for concussions and them getting hurt because theyre pussies and they wouldnt be wearing 50 lbs of protection
    soccer players only wear shin guards, get cut, kicked, hit, they just get up and keep playing

and last, whats the point of everytouchdown = 7 points ?
    the score would still be in their favor if it was 21-7 it would translate to 3-1
    americans just like to go against everyone and change everything
    football is pathetic and just a waist of time
    their life expectancy is about 55 yrs and it kills your brains

now go play "football" and do drugs fucken niggers
    You're replying to a thread that's almost 2 years old. OP baited you into responding with an ignorant, racist rant. Guess you're the dumb ass.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

At the guy who said Beckham is the highest paid soccer player (even 2 years ago)

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Play like 15 minutes on average while gliding on skates for 10 minutes. Maybe actual 2 mins of hard skating.
    I like betting/watching soccer so I'm in no way bashing it, but if you think even 4th line NHL players are not at the same level of conditioning/athleticism as soccer players you're f*kn' clueless. Or trolling. Bigger, faster, stronger. Every bit as skilled, if not more so. Period.

Lookingtostart
    Lookingtostart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4542

Why don't we just have a game in order to please americans, where bigger, stronger and dumber is the aim of the game, play stops every 15 seconds and you can watch commercials every 5 mins.

personally, I think AFL requires the most variety in human excellence.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    I got to think you're trolling here. You can't be this fukking stupid.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Because unlike NFL/NBA players they actually have to run >10Kms per game and don't get to rest during stoppages every 5 minutes.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Nfl and nba need lots of breaks so they can sell more food and booze to the fans.

radlt7
    radlt7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post

Food for thought.
    no just stfu fatass
    we're talking about talent not princesss on ice

radlt7

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    I like betting/watching soccer so I'm in no way bashing it, but if you think even 4th line NHL players are not at the same level of conditioning/athleticism as soccer players you're f*kn' clueless. Or trolling. Bigger, faster, stronger. Every bit as skilled, if not more so. Period.
    you must be retarded, most soccer players are faster, more skilled, smarter(for sure), and some of them are stronger it just depends on the player

they run about 5 to 10 miles on average per game not glide for 5 minutes on the ice like a little princess with a substitution whenever you fucken feel like it
    in soccer you continously run for 45 minutes then another 45 minutes plus added time per half which means you play for about 90 - 95 minutes per game, not 60.
    thats like hockey having 4 quarters of 20 minutes plus an extra 5 minutes.
    soccer players dont wear pads or helmets to protect them from the fucken ball where as in hockey they wear a fucken ton of protection,
    in soccer you get hit with metal cleats with no fucken pussy pads and just suck it up and get the penetrate back to playing

ignorant piece of shit

Digo
    Digo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

Stupid trade! Just making people discuss about "which sport is better"...

pacers101
    pacers101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

as long as I can make money at it I could care less who is more or less athletic and what they look like.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

no just stfu fatass
    we're talking about talent not princesss on ice
    We are talking athleticism, you fukking clown.

you must be retarded, most soccer players are faster, more skilled, smarter(for sure), and some of them are stronger it just depends on the player

they run about 5 to 10 miles on average per game not glide for 5 minutes on the ice like a little princess with a substitution whenever you fucken feel like it
    in soccer you continously run for 45 minutes then another 45 minutes plus added time per half which means you play for about 90 - 95 minutes per game, not 60.
    soccer players dont wear pads or helmets to protect them from the fucken ball where as in hockey they wear a fucken ton of protection,
    in soccer you get hit with metal cleats with no fucken pussy pads and just suck it up and get the penetrate back to playing

ignorant piece of shit
    This might be the dumbest post in the thread, and that's saying something.

What a useless fukking troll you are.

Wordsworth
    Update your status
    Wordsworth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 756

Threads like these remind me why I stay away from forums where third world idiots from the US are frequent contributors. Go grow a tumor.

jayc88
    Update your status
    jayc88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1151

Must be hard if your favorite sports are only played by dumb black thugs

hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkPUj30GpPs im having a hard time imagining any soccer player acting like this.

Cheme82
    Cheme82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2447

I actually enjoy both sports. But it's stupid to try to compare who is bigger and stronger. That's like grabbing your average accountant and your average construction worker and see who can carry the most weight, or who can balance a checkbook faster.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

I would think hockey players are bigger and stronger, but that doesn't make them more athletic. I'm sure soccer players would come out on top in a triathlon competition.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Well soccer players run for 90 minutes continuously and they wear shoes. Hockey players wear skates and they can only last for 1 min before they need to be subbed. I'd say soccer players players are more athletic because they must run, jump, push, user their feet, legs, chest and head to control the ball.
    Last edited by pavyracer; 03-22-13 at 09:10 PM.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post
    I would think hockey players are bigger and stronger, but that doesn't make them more athletic. I'm sure soccer players would come out on top in a triathlon competition.
    I think the problem is people believe being fast, agile, and having better endurance (though that could be debated) makes someone more athletic, while others believe being stronger and tougher (in taking regular punishment) is the more appropriate definition.

I don't know why people are giving soccer players so much credit for strength considering their upper bodies are not conditioned at nearly the same level as a professional basketball, hockey, or football player. Soccer is, for the most part, a lower body and conditioning sport. They might be better at triathalons but would be useless at strong man competitions.

I believe it'd be very difficult for anyone to say if they were going into a street gang fight they would want a professional soccer team with them instead of a professional hockey/basketball/football team.

Unless they like getting their asses kicked.

God bless.
    Points Awarded:

swordsandtequila gave keyboarding 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

ignorant piece of shit
    You resurrected a 3 week old thread to post this pile of bullsh*t. By your reasoning marathon runners must be the greatest athletes in the world. As I said, I like soccer, but it's obvious you've never played a contact sport in your 15 year old life if you believe your idiotic rant. Make you a deal, I'll let a professional soccer player of your choice hit me with a soccer ball from 10 yards (think free kick) if you let any 4th line NHL'er hit you with a puck from 20 yards (center ice to just behind the net). I know a few so it wouldn't be a problem setting it up, and you can wear a
    fucken ton of protection.
    Then I'll let your soccer player kick me with his cleats, you let the hockey player kick you with his skate blade. Not saying it doesn't hurt, but guess who bleeds more. Then just for fun I'll huff and puff and get in a "soccer fight", you know, where we push and shove and wait for someone to hold us back, and you get in a "hockey fight", where you hold on for dear life while you get the ever lovin' sh*t beat out of you. And you don't have to wear skates. I'll even let you borrow that little stretcher to carry you off the ice, god knows I won't need it. You know, the one used by those mortally wounded divers who
    get hit with metal cleats with no fucken pussy pads and just suck it up and get the penetrate back to playing.
    But yeah, I'm the ignorant piece of sh*t.

radlt7

You resurrected a 3 week old thread to post this pile of bullsh*t. By your reasoning marathon runners must be the greatest athletes in the world. As I said, I like soccer, but it's obvious you've never played a contact sport in your 15 year old life if you believe your idiotic rant. Make you a deal, I'll let a professional soccer player of your choice hit me with a soccer ball from 10 yards (think free kick) if you let any 4th line NHL'er hit you with a puck from 20 yards (center ice to just behind the net). I know a few so it wouldn't be a problem setting it up, and you can wear a [/I]Then I'll let your soccer player kick me with his cleats, you let the hockey player kick you with his skate blade. Not saying it doesn't hurt, but guess who bleeds more. Then just for fun I'll huff and puff and get in a "soccer fight", you know, where we push and shove and wait for someone to hold us back, and you get in a "hockey fight", where you hold on for dear life while you get the ever lovin' sh*t beat out of you. And you don't have to wear skates. I'll even let you borrow that little stretcher to carry you off the ice, god knows I won't need it. You know, the one used by those mortally wounded divers who

But yeah, I'm the ignorant piece of sh*t.
    i believe this is a sports thread not a fucken street fight competition
    we're comparing sports and you're comparing who can take the most hits ?
    its obvious the hockey puck hurts more than a soccer ball don't be stupid you 30 year old virgin living with mom in the basement with kenny the cat
    soccer can be played by anyone, any size, no certain body type, but you need to have the skills and MENTALITY, not just strength, peanut brain, and 10 or 15 pounds of protection
    thats why they can take hits not because they're "men"
    fucken pussys
    its not my fault your hillbilly neighbors dont know how to kick a ball and think everyone kicks like a little pussy like you hockey players

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

i believe this is a sports thread not a fucken street fight competition
    we're comparing sports and you're comparing who can take the most hits ?
    its obvious the hockey puck hurts more than a soccer ball don't be stupid you 30 year old virgin living with mom in the basement with kenny the cat
    soccer can be played by anyone, any size, no certain body type, but you need to have the skills and MENTALITY, not just strength, peanut brain, and 10 or 15 pounds of protection
    thats why they can take hits not because they're "men"
    fucken pussys
    its not my fault your hillbilly neighbors dont know how to kick a ball and think everyone kicks like a little pussy like you hockey players
    Hey numbnuts, you're the one who started ranting about hockey players being pussies, I just pointed out how you're an idiot. Keep living in your bubble, maybe when you're old enough to grow a little fuzz on your nutsack your perspective will change. Somehow I doubt it.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

why hasnt this been salooned?

the world cup is not until next summer and until then nobody gives a fukk about soccer!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

You think if fighting was allowed in soccer the soccer players wouldn't karate kick in the face a hockey player and knock him out. Just because hockey allows fighting it doesn't mean soccer players can't fight if needed.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

You keep believing that sunshine. Can't argue with a brick wall. Adios.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

I was an all American soccer player in college... I'm a 145 lb 5'7" little shit

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    You think if fighting was allowed in soccer the soccer players wouldn't karate kick in the face a hockey player and knock him out. Just because hockey allows fighting it doesn't mean soccer players can't fight if needed.
    A karate kick to the head would be the only way a soccer player could win in a fight, and he better hope he lands because if he doesn't knock the guy out he's now laying on the ground ready to be stomped to death.

The fact you know soccer players would resort to flying head kicks in a fight prove how pathetic they actually are.

God bless.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Soccer players have the advantage on head butts too. Remember real athletes don't wear helmets. Pussies like hockey players do.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Most forwards or most of the skillful players would probably get beaten by hockey players, But soccer have some pretty big and tough central defenders that I'm sure could take hockey players.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Goalies are pretty big too. Tim Howard or Brad Friedel can beat the crap out of Khabibulin or Miller.

First 1234 Last