Black+Red
    Black+Red's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    So the criminal tendencies of a sports' fan base is what determines the toughness of that sport?

Fukk, I think the people in this thread are getting dumber.

God bless them all.
    Yes, people have retired from soccer because they can not handle the risk of death. Takes balls to put yourself in those situations. That was my point.

Gotta love it though, you guys are so tough until you see some real violence. If a couple unregulated fist fights scare you then don't watch. That's called fun over there.

Black+Red

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    One word: Context. Had nothing to do with violence, or soccer players being cowardly. My post was solely in response to another numbnuts stating hockey players were pussies and not as athletic as soccer players. If you'd bothered to read my prior posts you might have noticed me stating I like soccer, I bet it more than any other sport. I like golf too, the best in the world are tremendously skilled (as are soccer players), doesn't make them great athletes. And anyone who thinks you can "teach a soccer (or footlball, basketball, baseball, cricket, whatever) player to skate" and they can compete at the level of an NHL player is f*king dumb or just wants to argue. This isn't "nationalism or fear", it's truth. Reading comprehension

Hell of a 1st post though
    Didn't mean to call u out in particular. I meant to make a general statement.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by Black+Red View Post
    Yes, people have retired from soccer because they can not handle the risk of death. Takes balls to put yourself in those situations. That was my point.

Gotta love it though, you guys are so tough until you see some real violence. If a couple unregulated fist fights scare you then don't watch. That's called fun over there.
    This is one of the most idiotic perspectives in this entire thread.

How is the potential risk of fan violence (in a guarded stadium) equivalent to the guaranteed violence hockey players endure in games via hits, fights, etc? Are you out of your fukking mind?

Also, this actually only proves one thing: soccer players are pussies with no physical ability to defend themselves and are thus more afraid of their fans than the other way around. You think hockey players are afraid of fans?

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

How is the potential risk of fan violence (in a guarded stadium) equivalent to the guaranteed violence hockey players endure in games via hits, fights, etc? Are you out of your fukking mind?

Also, this actually only proves one thing: soccer players are pussies with no physical ability to defend themselves and are thus more afraid of their fans than the other way around. You think hockey players are afraid of fans?
    I gave up, it's a lost cause. Thread started as who's the better athlete to players being afraid of hooligans. As you stated earlier, it's like talking to children. Gotta go practice my skating now; NHL here I come!

Black+Red

Of hockey fans? Definitely not. A hockey fans first instinct is to run.

When there are dozens of people chasing you with box cutters even aaron ashams neck is going to be smiling from ear to ear. See the al-ahly game that got entirely out of hand from last year. I haven't seen a hockey rink yet surround by a 12 ft. tall barb wire fence.

I didn't mean to hi-jack this thread with ramblings about ultra violence, but I did want to stand up for the greatest sport on earth. If you don't like the gameplay I totally get it, if I wasn't the son of an immigrant I would feel the same way. It is boring, it's supposed to be, it was never designed to be entertainment, it's warfare.

"I've loved the Penguins my whole life, I mean, they are my life. But if you've never attended a champions league game, you can't call yourself a sports fan, it's really as simple as that."

Mark Madden, WTAE Pittsburgh
    Last edited by Black+Red; 04-29-13 at 03:40 PM.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

When there are dozens of people chasing you with box cutters even aaron ashams neck is going to be smiling from ear to ear.
    I'm telling you right now there is a reason fans go after soccer players and it doesn't happen in any other sport. Soccer players have the upper body strength of a small Asian woman. There's absolutely no fear of repercussions.

You can say anyone will be afraid of 12 people with knifes, but I guarantee you none of them want to be the first guy to try to take a stab against Zdeno Chara. The fact is hockey players are strong and tough, and people respect and fear that. Also probably doesn't hurt they don't play a sport designed for the third world masses.

Black+Red

So battle tested hools are going to be afraid of charra when they are used to fighting outnumbered 20/1? Lmao. Not exactly the same as fighting in a controlled environment with a ref to save you if you get knocked out.

It's hard to run 7-8 miles a game with excess meat on you. Why do you think hockey players need a breather every 30 seconds? Congrats a hockey player can beat up 98% of soccer players. You're still sheltered and compared to soccer American sports are Childs play.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

So battle tested hools are going to be afraid of charra when they are used to fighting outnumbered 20/1? Lmao. Not exactly the same as fighting in a controlled environment with a ref to save you if you get knocked out.

It's hard to run 7-8 miles a game with excess meat on you. Why do you think hockey players need a breather every 30 seconds? Congrats a hockey player can beat up 98% of soccer players. You're still sheltered and compared to soccer American sports are Childs play.
    It's more like every 90 seconds, and it's because they're going all out and GETTING HIT. Show me one NHL player with "excess meat", fat, whatever. Nobody's questioning the endurance of top-tier soccer players. But all this talk of never resting is bullsh*t. There's plenty of down time in a soccer game; guys faking injuries trying to draw fouls, the endless handing off of the ball for throw-ins, keepers taking their sweet-ass time putting the ball in play. Players stand around all the time depending on ball position. Jeezus you can't be this dumb. Mods close this thread please.

Black+Red

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    It's more like every 90 seconds, and it's because they're going all out and GETTING HIT. Show me one NHL player with "excess meat", fat, whatever. Nobody's questioning the endurance of top-tier soccer players. But all this talk of never resting is bullsh*t. There's plenty of down time in a soccer game; guys faking injuries trying to draw fouls, the endless handing off of the ball for throw-ins, keepers taking their sweet-ass time putting the ball in play. Players stand around all the time depending on ball position. Jeezus you can't be this dumb. Mods close this thread please.

Take the pads off and we'll talk. It's hard for the rest of the world to be intimidated by you when you look like a 250 lb. special needs kid on roller skates.

Bad things happen in soccer all the time:

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Take the pads off and we'll talk. It's hard for the rest of the world to be intimidated by you when you look like a 250 lb. special needs kid on roller skates.
    I give up. It's official, you're an idiot.

First 1234