Bayern Munich -1 / $1.52
    ENG L1 Brentford - Oldham u3 / $1.45
    ENG CONF Lincoln City - Cambridge Utd 2 or 3 goals / $1.95
    ENG CONF/n Droylsden +0 / $1.35
    ENG CONF/s Dartford +0 / $1.40

Total odds: $10.81
    Risking 2u to win 19.62u
    LOSS -2u

Once again it's the 2 or 3 goals market playing villain. I did hit this one yesterday with a couple of them included though which is why I added it here I guess.

Here is one I played at another book with NBA margins and ml' & totals, I'll just copy what I posted in there, basically I come within .5 point on the total of the detroit game with the 2 remaining games I had cashing along with Baylor. Pretttty annoying!

Played this parlay for $100 @ +9599 to collect a cool $9699

Lakers are blowing the nets out & that leaves phoenix needing to win by 1-10 which seems likely/probable with them up by single digits at the end of the 3rd.

So if phoenix wins by 1-10, I will be screwed by half a fukkin point on the total in the pistons game ending 102-95, they were hitting all their free throws down the stretch & magic fouled down 5 with 18 seconds left, big baby also hit a 3 on the previous possession to make me scream at the screen. I was actually thinking about not going with the +6.5/u196.5 as I was scared about the under even at that number without howard & just roll with pistons 1-10 @ +180 but I was afraid they may blow them out with 3 of the magics starters missing, if I had of gone with my gut there payout would've been $13.964. Really hope the kings pull it out to make me feel a little better

FML.

Lots of games on tonight in leagues I usually love to bet so will have hopefully have a winner posted later.

Parlay record 9-25 +71.69u

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

bad beat bro. That must have hurt. That would have been one sick win. How many parlays do you normally have on the go and any one time? I am surprised the books havent limited you yet, you hit at a pretty good clip.

showtiime
    Update your status
    showtiime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5853

Here is a little one for some games in England, sorry I couldn't get in it earlier for tailers, games start in 30 mins.

ENG L1

Colchester - Hartlepool u2.5 / $1.70
    Tranmere - Stevenage u2.5 / $1.66
    ENG L2
    Hereford - Plymouth u3 / $1.37
    Morecambe - Swindon u3 / $1.37
    ENG CONF Forest Green - Ebbsfleet United 2 or 3 goals / $2.00

Total odds $10.67
    Risking 1u to win 9.67u

vangend
    vangend's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks, hope the 2-3 goals hit on this one.

showtiime
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by MatI View Post
    bad beat bro. That must have hurt. That would have been one sick win. How many parlays do you normally have on the go and any one time? I am surprised the books havent limited you yet, you hit at a pretty good clip.
    It was rough, I mean obviously with parlays you'll quite often get 1 game as a spoiler, I just thought with the situation and the fact that it was .5 off a total on a $10,000 hit is excruciating enough to be posted.

Yeah, I dread the day I get limited and am always hoping for the best when I'm up big after a few good hits for the week. I have no idea why they haven't limited me yet, @ bet365 at least which is where most my action is, I'll only play at other books in a situation where I want a market that isn't available at 365 - which is fairly rare. As shown in that near hit posted at the top of this page, was at sportingbet as they offer 1-10 margins in NBA, bet365 don't.

I play a lot & it can vary anywhere between 1 or as much as 5 a day, quite often on the weekends I'll have 2/3 going at the same time with selections I'm '100% sure' of mixed in with others. Although you have to take into account my bank roll is much bigger than most - therefore I have enough wiggle room to be able to risk playing 3 parlays at the same time knowing that even if I go 0-3 it's not going to ruin me as I'll most likely get it back & then some the next day.

To be honest there is very little money management with how I play which is quite bad and something I should address as any 'responsible' gambler knows money management is very important in the long run, even with my style.

I play a lot of sports & can honestly say I don't remember the last time I had a losing week, dating back at least a year, which is hard to believe, but when you delve a little more and explain it like this it's easier to get a grasp of - say I'm playing these parlays with avg. odds of $15, and say I'm trying 15 of them a week, even if I go ice cold and hit only 1 for the week I would still break even, thats the way I look at it anyway.

You could even break it down like this.
    If I were posting single plays here, 71u profit on the 34 posted posted plays would equate to going 34-0 & on a 34 win streak with average odds of $2.10. Obviously thats next to impossible with single plays, but with the same profit applied to the same amount of plays here under a different method I've got myself being disappointed in recorded results as I feel I've underachieved. Go Figure, from one extreme to the other.

If you look at it with this thread - upon creating it I thought my profits up to this point would be at least be double what they are. People think I've done well in here but to be honest even though the record suggests I've been hitting better than 1/3, my profits from parlays not posted in here far exceed the 70 unit profit recorded, I mean if you just take into account those winning tickets spread over 1 day posted a page or so back, theres another 60u/$6000 in winnings in 24 hours, with that just being a small sample of the bigger picture.

People bash parlays all the time and rightly so, to the average bettor they are much more a hinderance than a help, but when you're not playing them to bail you out of a bad streak & put time into them using your knowledge coupled with homework & research they can be much more of the former.
    Points Awarded:

Crowing Capers gave showtiime 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

showtiime
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by showtiime View Post

ENG L1

Colchester - Hartlepool u2.5 / $1.70
    Tranmere - Stevenage u2.5 / $1.66
    ENG L2
    Hereford - Plymouth u3 / $1.37
    Morecambe - Swindon u3 / $1.37
    ENG CONF Forest Green - Ebbsfleet United 2 or 3 goals / $2.00

Total odds $10.67
    Risking 1u to win 9.67u
    LOSS -1u

Tranmere score twice in the first 10 minutes and add another in the 80' for it to end 3-0 & be the sole spoiler in this one. No amount of capping will deter bad luck & with 16 of the last 17 games involving these two ending with 2 goals or less you could say I got a tad unlucky on this one.

I guess I can take comfort in someone took a much bigger hit, odds dipped 13c on the under in one drop within 10 mins of placing my bet.

Parlay record 9-26 +70.69u

**** edit: Forest Green score deep into injury time as I just posted this ending 3-1 to kill the last leg as well so I'm feeling a little better I guess, ha.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Best unit profit to win percentage of all time!!

MatI

Thanks for the reply bro. Interesting stuff. Hopefully your quite a way from being limited. Keep up the good run. I'm home alone and will be playing/watching a few euro games.

I'm looking fwd to a parlay for tonight! Don't let me down!

showtiime
    Update your status

Going for a big hit here, mostly games in England, unfortunately the game in Italy starts in about 15 mins but the rest not for over an hour, you can leave the 2-3 goals out in Chelsea if you please but I'm fairly confident the scoreline will be within that market.

ITA 1 Atalanta - Siena u2.5 / $1.50
    EPL - Chelsea - Wigan 2 or 3 goals / $2.10
    ENG C Millwall - Hull u3 / $1.30
    ENG L1 Brentford +0 / $1.22
    ENG CONF
    Fleetwood Town +0.5 / $1.35
    Hayes & Yeading - Cambridge Utd u3.5 / $1.37
    ENG CONF/n Guiseley +0 / $1.36
    ENG CONF/s Sutton Utd - Bromley u3.5 / $1.40
    AUT 1 FC Salzburg - FC Wacker Innsbruck u3.5 / $1.27
    SERB 1 Vojvodina - Rad Beograd u3 / $1.32
    GER 1 Kaiserslautern - TSG Hoffenheim u3 / $1.35

Total odds: $40.37
    Risking 1u to win 39.37u

showtiime
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    Best unit profit to win percentage of all time!!

Thanks for the reply bro. Interesting stuff. Hopefully your quite a way from being limited. Keep up the good run. I'm home alone and will be playing/watching a few euro games.

I'm looking fwd to a parlay for tonight! Don't let me down!

camelbreath$
    camelbreath$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6575

Atalanta and Siena 1-1 after 13 minutes. Under 2.5 not looking good.

showtiime
    Update your status

^ Yeah - annoying that. Both teams have been under machines lately, expected a tight a affair.

It's settled down now though, apart from the first goal there has only been 1 other shot on target just before HT (not including the penalty).

Doubt anyone tailing would've been able to get that first leg in anyway so the parlay should still be playable, once the penalty was converted by siena I played it again with u4 live in Italy.

TheRedGambler
    TheRedGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5877

I was lucky, I didn't catch the game in Italy Thanks for the parlay, nice hit

showtiime
    Update your status

ITA 1 Atalanta - Siena u2.5 / $1.50
    EPL - Chelsea - Wigan 2 or 3 goals / $2.10
    ENG CONF

Total odds: $40.37
    Risking 1u to win 39.37u

LOSS -1u

Hope people tailed this one as you'd be laughing with your bank roll increasing as you tailers wouldn't of been able to include the Atalanta under as it was just about starting as I posted the parlay. (Mati looking at you guy, you asked for a winner so I hope you tailed!)
    So as expected & discussed above there's 2 goals inside the first 13 minutes in Italy playing the sole spoiler in the 11 leg parlay with Siena netting the spoiler very late - it looked like still hitting until the 2nd minute of injury time with Siena scoring a counter attacking goal for it to end 1-2, pretty annoying!! Atalanta's manager stormed the pitch as he believed there was something leading up to the goal that should've stopped play, instead Destro scores for Siena as Atalanta's players are left bewildered at how two 1 touch passes get them into a situation where there's 4 on 2 including the keeper with Destro also having the option to play in 3 of his team mates. Both mangers were sent to the stands once it was scored as a scuffle ensued. The game in Germany was a push, with the rest cashing easily.

Quote Originally Posted by camelbreath$ View Post
    Atalanta and Siena 1-1 after 13 minutes
    once the penalty was converted by siena I played it again with u4 live in Italy.
    I played it again though! - With just the first leg changing to u4 once Larrondo converted the penalty for Siena at 13' to tie it up at 1-1. Actually if Siena hadn't scored that last gasp goal while taking into account the push in Germany I would've collected +$5000 instead of a much less substantial $2k hit. Oh well, first world problems.

So err, am I allowed to add it to my record as I told camelbreath$ I was playing it again with 1 leg changed to live odds u4 in Italy?

Bit frustrated as I've been stuck around the 70u-80u mark in here for a while after having a decent start. I need to get to that 100u profit! a 20u hit would bring me close.

Not sure, don't want to be called a "cheat" fabricating records, I'll just let it simmer for now, wait for others opinions and update profit after the next play.

camelbreath$

Definitely counts....you played it again at U4 and posted it live, that can for sure be added to the record.

MatI

yeah, it def counts. Thanks for the winner!

Punter101
    Punter101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Why did i miss this

showtiime
    Update your status

United game starts in 15 minutes so most likely none of you will be able to get it in before then but the rest don't start for over an hour so feel free to play those.

EPL
    Manchester United - QPR 2 or 3 goals / $2.20
    AUT 1 SV Mattersburg - SK Sturm Graz u2.5 / $1.53
    TUR L1 Caykur Rizespor - Karsiyaka u3 / $1.30
    CZE 1 Hradec Kralove - Banik Ostrava u3 / $1.21
    GRE 1
    Doxa Dramas - Ergotelis u3 / $1.32
    Giannina - AEK Athens u3 / $1.27
    OFI Crete - Panetolikos u2.5,3 / $1.37
    Panathinalkos - Panionios u3 / $1.40
    MAC Vardar Skopje +0 / $1.45

Total odds: $25.02
    Risking 1u to win 24.02u

Punter101
    Punter101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

eek think i'll leave man u game out of the parlay if you don't mind

showtiime
    Update your status

& to those insisting that I should indeed add that hit to my record, I will do so after the above parlay runs its course.

camelbreath$

Oh lord, 13 minutes in and Man U gets a PK and QPR loses a man to a red card... this might turn into a 5 or 6 goal rout

OGUCCI-SBR
    Bizness
    OGUCCI-SBR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 557

Quote Originally Posted by camelbreath$ View Post
    Oh lord, 13 minutes in and Man U gets a PK and QPR loses a man to a red card... this might turn into a 5 or 6 goal rout
    LMAO, that was a fkn disgrace to the whole refereeing community.

showtiime
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by OGUCCI-SBR View Post
    LMAO, that was a fkn disgrace to the whole refereeing community.
    Worst decision I've seen in a while, you'd think the linesman that missed the offside on Young leading up the the subsequent penalty was being flashed by a babe in the crowd, no other way to excuse not calling such a blatant offside.

Oh well, very unlucky there but red cards don't necessarily mean goals, you'd think with QPR near the drop zone & with goal differential so important they will put much more emphasis on not conceding again but in saying that parking the bus also invites pressure, so let's hope they keep it tight as long as possible with United breaking through later in the 2nd half.

BigTimeWinner
    BigTimeWinner's Avatar Become A Pro!

United game starts in 15 minutes so most likely none of you will be able to get it in before then but the rest don't start for over an hour so feel free to play those.

EPL
    GRE 1

Risking 1u to win 24.02u
    This is a win showtime, with all the pushes, you get odds around 7.46 per my calculation

showtiime
    Update your status

EPL
    GRE 1

Risking 1u to win 24.02u
    WIN +6.44u

Well as discussed already there was an early penalty & red at Old Trafford with both linesmen & ref having howlers. Despite some concern the game panned out pretty much how I said it would in my previous post with United getting a late goal for it to end 2-0. Payout would've been much bigger but there was very late goals in a couple of games in Greece to give me 4 pushes in total to go with ones in Turkey & Macedonia. Oh well, can't win 'em all.

Quote Originally Posted by showtiime

ITA 1 Atalanta - Siena u4 (Live) / $1.50 ****
    EPL - Chelsea - Wigan 2 or 3 goals / $2.05
    ENG CONF

Total odds: $38.69
    Risking 0.70u to win 26.38u
    WIN +20.43u

Parlay Record 11-26 +96.56u

showtiime
    Update your status

Not many games left so I'm trying this one with some NBA mixed in. Really just want to get to that 100u profit mark.
    Unfortunately I just graded those last 2 which took time so the game in Argentina has already started & game in Romania in about 10 minutes, rest aren't for hours.

ARG 1 Belgrano - Estudiantes LP u2.5 / $1.44
    ROM 1 Steaua Bucharest - Sportul Studentesc u3.5 / $1.35
    VEN Estudiantes Merida - Deportivo Tachira u3 / $1.30
    NBA
    Boston ML / $1.60
    Boston - Philadelphia u181 / $1.44
    San Antonio -3 / $1.28
    Miami ht/ft / $1.33

Total odds: $10:08
    Risking 1u to win 9.08u

showtiime
    Update your status

ARG 1 Belgrano - Estudiantes LP u2.5 / $1.44
    ROM 1 Steaua Bucharest - Sportul Studentesc u3.5 / $1.35
    NBA
    Boston ML / $1.60
    San Antonio -3 / $1.28
    Miami ht/ft / $1.33

Total odds: $10:08
    Risking 1u to win 9.08u
    LOSS -1u

I guess that's what I get for forcing something with so little time to kickoff, both games in Argentina & Romania go bust & with the remaining games still not starting for over an hour I'm gon' reload here with pretty much the same parlay with a couple of different legs. Normally wouldn't "chase" like this but I'm about to go to bed & would like to wake up with a nice surprise of 100+ units in here.

ARG 2 Patronato Parana - Almirante Brown u2.5 / $1.50
    NBA
    Boston ML / $1.60
    San Antonio -3 / $1.28
    Miami -4.5 / $1.31
    Oklahoma City -6 / $1.31

Total odds: $10.01
    Risking 1u to win 9.01u

Will update the record to include the loss above once this one is finished.
    Here's to waking up to 100 unit profit..

showtiime
    Update your status

ARG 2 Patronato Parana - Almirante Brown u2.5 / $1.50
    NBA
    Boston ML / $1.60
    San Antonio -3 / $1.28
    Miami -4.5 / $1.31
    Oklahoma City -6 / $1.31

Total odds: $10.01
    Risking 1u to win 9.01u
    LOSS -1u

Well there's only 1 spoiler to rob me of the chance to finally hit 100u profit.
    Game in Boston vs Philly, Boston win easily 103-79, unfortunately my under missed by 1 measly point with it ending on 182, was fairly confident in that under as they both hold 2 of the best defenses in the league & it seems most of the guys around NBA forum agree with most taking the under at 174.5 / $1.91.
    Meh, I'll hit it tonight even if it means I have to throw 10 units at a 2-3 teamer, will look over some games later & post what's good.

Parlay record 11-28 +94.56u

MatI

I actually got a winner out of that parlay mate, so thanks - I skipped the Boston & Argentinian game. Tough luck with the bad beat. It's heartbreaking sometimes.

CrazyCarl
    CrazyCarl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2162

Don't worry about arbitrary numbers, just business as usual.

showtiime
    Update your status

got a winner out of that parlay mate, so thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Don't worry about arbitrary numbers, just business as usual.

CrazyCarl

Getting to 100 units is no more significant than getting to 90. And getting to 110 will be no more significant than 100. The only significance is that 110 is more than 100.

showtiime
    Update your status

Getting to 100 units is no more significant than getting to 90. And getting to 110 will be no more significant than 100. The only significance is that 110 is more than 100.
    Thanks for your input, although something may have flown over your head.

I mentioned a couple pages back it was my goal to get to 100u profit which is why I'm making more of a fuss about it as I near the target.

CrazyCarl

And you also acknowledged that you were trying too hard to specifically do that.

showtiime
    Update your status

And you also acknowledged that you were trying too hard to specifically do that.

Ok I'll bite, bait taken.

So Mr. obvious - what exactly are you trying to accomplish here? Yes I stated above that I may have rushed one play as I wanted to get something in before tuning out for the night. If you think a 1 unit loss hurts me in the bigger picture then you must be mistaking my bank roll for yours.

Your attempt at trolling falls well short, just because I didn't respond to you when you asked "what book do you play at" a couple pages back doesn't mean you have to get your panties in such a knot.
    It's funny no matter how much you're trying to do good for others & succeeding in doing so, you'll still get a smart arse that thinks he knows it all.

If you've tailed & won in here your attempt to belittle me wouldn't be warranted, but judging by your display picture you are a clueless American that stumbles across the soccer forum every now & then to blindly tail plays in a sport you have absolutely no idea about. How's that going for you?
    Of course it's more likely that your little jab may indeed be warranted in your mind because you became so incredibly butt hurt once you realized that Americans can't play at decent soccer books. I guess you'll just have to stick solely to the hard slog of American sports. Keep trying to beat the closing line in NHL buddy.

Now run along & do yourself a favor & don't post in here again as I'm sure the guys that have been making bank tailing will let it be known you're not too welcome in these parts.

Thanks for bringing the first amount of negativity in this thread.

GL with your future endeavours.

First ... 3456789 ... Last