haas29
    haas29's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

German Cup - Braunschweig vs. Bayern

1st Round German Cup - Monday 1st August

Braunschweig vs. Bayern Munchen

I think that for most people this game is a clear win for Bayern as they are facing team which promoted from 3rd League and traditionally got a much weaker squad than Bayern. But there are some factors that you might consider when you make your betting selection:

1st - Braunschweig had an impressive start to 2. Bundesliga. with a 3:1 home win against 1860 and an away win at Aachen 2:0. They are riding the wave of success and the cup match is the extra on top of a fantastic season 10/11.

2nd - Braunschweig is a typical cup team. Especially at home they beat higher ranked teams on a frequent base. The stadium and the fans making home games a real advantage for them.

3rd - This Braunschweig team plays good football but they know how to fight. Bayern always struggles a bit when teams play hard against them as they lost aggressive leader van Bommel last season and there is nobody who take this role - maybe Schweinsteiger ór Rafinha can fill this gap.

So overall it will be a real test for Bayern. So here are my thoughts about how to bet on this match:

Double chance: 1 X
    Both teams to score: YES

Please note that under normal circumstances this will be a win for Bayern, but Cup matches are always special.

sweepem
    sweepem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14221

One Week ago I thought about playing Bayern HC -1 but without Robbery the offense is average and the defense is still pathetic. Badstuber,Boateng,Van Buyten and Breno all suck.

Over would be my play but the odds are way too low for that.

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sweepem View Post
    One Week ago I thought about playing Bayern HC -1 but without Robbery the offense is average and the defense is still pathetic. Badstuber,Boateng,Van Buyten and Breno all suck.

Over would be my play but the odds are way too low for that.
    Boateng is a solid Bundesliga centre back, as van Buyten has been also. Without Ribery and Robben, I agree, they seem very average. But against a Bundesliga 2 team? Gotta be Munich to progress, right??

haas29
    haas29's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Ok, Robben and Ribery will not line up for tonights game. The defense is still a problem for Bayern as there is a new goalkeeper who gets a lot of pressure from the audience and especially the Bayern Ultras in combination with new players like Boateng and Rafinha.
    Under normal conditions this is a clear win for Bayern as they have enough talent in their team BUT this game is very likely to turn out not that normal! I stick with Braunschweig and played "Double chance 1X" and "Both teams to score".

f0rdead
    f0rdead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 452

over 3.5 goals

OneTipster
    OneTipster's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm going for Bayern -1.5.

donsirlisir
    donsirlisir's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OneTipster View Post
    I'm going for Bayern -1.5.
    very easy win for bayern