dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    The con to this pro is if you have an armed private citizen that really doesn't have much of clue of what he's doing with the gun, well, let's just say it won't end very well.

This is why I say a private citizen should be able to own a gun, (NOT AN ASSAULT WEAPON ) unless you're US military in the middle east fighting back at the enemy, nobody should even think about owning one of those AK's, a private citizen, without felony, proven sane under any federal psych test the government wants to use, should be able to obtain a gun license, providing they pass a background check, AND, must show proof they are able to use the gun properly and maintain it by passing tests from a federal shooting range.

I need to run for congress for the love of God.

I can meet both sides of the aisles half way, and I even bet I can get the NRA to listen to me.

Ask me if I believe my own shit now?
    Problem is criminals don’t have to go through all this to arm themselves.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by risKingDigits View Post
    She’s from West Virginia, so that is entirely possible. Get your straw hat, cut of overalls, white tube socks and boots out. Leave your toothbrush home though.
    Saw a great show the other day on the Nat Geo channel.
    All about illegal moonshine bootleg whiskey made in the backwoods in Tennessee and the Appalachians.
    Out there you have to drive like 40 miles to the liquor store and then some if you want to get your drink on.
    Cut to the chase, these hillbillies make the greatest moonshine that would make both Johnny Walker and Mr. Jim Beam proud.
    Learned those backwoods hillbillies ROI is 50:1 (virtual no overhead), and they deliver it to you in their pickup truck. (for a fee of course)

Moral of the story, don't let that hillbilly persona fool you, they know exactly what they are doing, they know business better than some Wall Street traders, even with an eight grade education. Oh, don't cross any one of them, they'll stomp you.
    Points Awarded:

risKingDigits gave stevenash 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

edawg gave stevenash 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9448

The con to this pro is if you have an armed private citizen that really doesn't have much of clue of what he's doing with the gun, well, let's just say it won't end very well.

This is why I say a private citizen should be able to own a gun, (NOT AN ASSAULT WEAPON ) unless you're US military in the middle east fighting back at the enemy, nobody should even think about owning one of those AK's, a private citizen, without felony, proven sane under any federal psych test the government wants to use, should be able to obtain a gun license, providing they pass a background check, AND, must show proof they are able to use the gun properly and maintain it by passing tests from a federal shooting range.

I need to run for congress for the love of God.

I can meet both sides of the aisles half way, and I even bet I can get the NRA to listen to me.

Ask me if I believe my own shit now?
    How are you defining assault weapon? An AR-15 is the best overall home defense weapon.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

I want to have her babies.

I would rather have her have my babies but hey what ever floats your boat Nasher.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
    How are you defining assault weapon? An AR-15 is the best overall home defense weapon.
    A shotgun is the best home defense weapon. If your home is breached the AR -15 is useless.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by edawg View Post
    I would rather have her have my babies but hey what ever floats your boat Nasher.
    Some things are best left behind closed doors, if you know what I mean, and I bet you do.

guitarjosh

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    A shotgun is the best home defense weapon. If your home is breached the AR -15 is useless.
    It could be if the circumstances are right.

The recoil of an AR-15 is much more manageable than a shotgun.
    .223 bullets are less likely to over penetrate walls and hit innocent people.
    A shotgun blast could easily cause permanent hearing damage to people not wearing protection.
    Shotguns aren't as accurate as AR-15s, which could be a real problem if someone you're trying to shoot is standing near someone you're trying to not shoot.

An AR-15 is a great weapon if your home is breached. The only people I would recommend use a shotgun as a primary home defense weapon are people who are big and strong enough to handle a shotgun and are almost always home alone.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post

It was too bad the pregnant woman that was getting robbed by George Floyd didn't have a gun and use it. Would have saved American a year of rioting, BLM rising up, property damage, other rioting deaths and all the fake news George hype we all had to endure.

George was an unemployed drugged out loser with a criminal rap sheet and was resisting arrest to avoid jail time.

Should have put 2 knees on his neck and ended this piece of shit faster if you ask me. Life long loser with no hope of rehab at this point. A menace to society.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

It could be if the circumstances are right.

The recoil of an AR-15 is much more manageable than a shotgun.
    .223 bullets are less likely to over penetrate walls and hit innocent people.
    A shotgun blast could easily cause permanent hearing damage to people not wearing protection.
    Shotguns aren't as accurate as AR-15s, which could be a real problem if someone you're trying to shoot is standing near someone you're trying to not shoot.

An AR-15 is a great weapon if your home is breached. The only people I would recommend use a shotgun as a primary home defense weapon are people who are big and strong enough to handle a shotgun and are almost always home alone.
    Shotguns are not as accurate? At what range? You realize a shotgun shoots many pellets that spread as they travel! A rife shoots 1 bullet that has to be dead on! Shotgun not as deadly but your range is much large!

You think that ak is more accurate than a shotgun you do gamble right? We can go bird hunting you with your ak me with my 3in 12 gauge and see who hits more! We bet as much as you can stand

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10752

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    It was too bad the pregnant woman that was getting robbed by George Floyd didn't have a gun and use it. Would have saved American a year of rioting, BLM rising up, property damage, other rioting deaths and all the fake news George hype we all had to endure.

George was an unemployed drugged out loser with a criminal rap sheet and was resisting arrest to avoid jail time.

Should have put 2 knees on his neck and ended this piece of shit faster if you ask me. Life long loser with no hope of rehab at this point. A menace to society.
    I agree 100% . But that is what BLM does they always want to idolize thugs with a criminal record as long as my arm. And i never saw any story anywhere of GF doing ANYTHING decent for anyone. I would have more respect for someone that may have made a couple mistakes but did something decent to make up for it. Hell you even hear of a homeless person doing something decent like stopping a crime or returning money to someone they found. GF never did a damn thing. The only thing he did was get his family money from all this and that was by accident. His death was the best thing that could have ever happened to them.

jackpot269

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Because they are anti police and are soft on crime are two things that come to mind
    They are the ones with the most to lose!! What is considered elite?

If you are using money as the gauge I would bet a small wager that people with over 5 mil, 10mil, 100mil, there are a lot more Republicans than democrats, Im guessing that was a shot at Democrats or maybe it was just at the rich

guitarjosh

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    Shotguns are not as accurate? At what range? You realize a shotgun shoots many pellets that spread as they travel! A rife shoots 1 bullet that has to be dead on! Shotgun not as deadly but your range is much large!

You think that ak is more accurate than a shotgun you do gamble right? We can go bird hunting you with your ak me with my 3in 12 gauge and see who hits more! We bet as much as you can stand
    Yeah I understand that, and that's my point. If you are trying to shoot someone who is standing next to someone you're not trying to shoot, you probably don't want to fire, "many pellets that spread as they travel!"

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    He could have planted a big ass bomb instead or threw grenades out his hotel window that he illegally purchased. Many ways to kill groups of people Kraken.. Laugh all you want..

https://www.fbi.gov/history/famous-cases/unabomber
    Yes, you're getting warmer Jibby.

Why didn't he plant a bomb, or throw grenades?????

You're almost there

jackpot269

Yeah I understand that, and that's my point. If you are trying to shoot someone who is standing next to someone you're not trying to shoot, you probably don't want to fire, "many pellets that spread as they travel!"
    AGREED and good point!!! I was thinking about only one person being in the line of fire, or if more they all were targets!!

First 123