mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Can one lose 15 lbs by March 14th? 20 days

Considering a prop bet to shed 15lbs in 20 days. I can afford to lose the 15 lbs easily. What odds should I ask for?

Can it even be done?

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Sure, easily. Drink plenty of water - cut out all sugars and sodas. Eat primarily seafood, veggies, and a fat source for every single meal. No breads, cereals, rice, pasta. You can substitute any protein source for the seafood (eggs, chicken, beef, pork). For your fat source, you can have a small piece of cheese, a portion of nuts, or just cook your protein in butter/cream.

Very boring diet, but eat that 3 times a day for 20 days, and you'll drop a ton of weight.

Tackleberry
    Tackleberry's Avatar Become A Pro!

What is your current body weight?

It can be done. Going to have to be a lot of water weight though. But if all you have to do is step on the scale once on March 14th and be 15lbs lighter than you are now that shouldn't be hard at all. Of course play it up like it's impossible and get the best odds.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5

current weight is low 200's and im 5' 11.

What would be proper odds do you think? We have agreed on principle and the weigh in has been done. All that is left is the haggling over odds

Chugs
    Chugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 594

All depends on how fat one is to start.

Low 200's at 5' 11" isnt that overweight.

Think about it you would have to lose .75 lbs. per day. You might drop the first 5-10 rather quick, but it wont be sustainable. I dont think it is feasable, unless really going to unhealthy extremes.

Id give you 8-1.

tmorton
    tmorton's Avatar Become A Pro!

Depending on what your current diet is this might be tougher than you think! Chilidog had some good info! GL to ya

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5

My current diet before today is that of an impulsive, emotional eater with no regard for any nutirtion. I have done the atkins diet before and if you survive the first three days you are good. I just dont know if a calorie restricted atkins approach can shed that amount of weight in 20 days.

I will keep the advice in mind.

The amount of the bet is enough to make me do this but I dont know if its enough to keep me on track if it really gets rough

saintjames
    saintjames's Avatar Become A Pro!

try taking low dose aderal or ritalin with plenty of water and no carbs & u should lose at least 10-20 pounds til march 14

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by saintjames View Post
    try taking low dose aderal or ritalin with plenty of water and no carbs & u should lose at least 10-20 pounds til march 14
    Have to find a spaz that would let me buy his/her supply. They dont give the pills up easily

Tackleberry

If you are trying to lose an honest 15lbs of fatty body mass I would probably want 10/1. If the conditions of the bet allow you to drop water weight, hit the scale and then rehydrate 3/1 should be ample enough to motivate you to deal with the discomfort of the dehydration process. I am 6'1 215lbs and I can drop 10lbs in a weekend with ease.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5

the proper way for weight loss would be ideal but near the end I might have to go the dehydro way to do it

kiln
    Ezekiel 25:17
    kiln's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 436

200 lbs at 5'11" gives you a Body Mass Index of 27.9. That means you're overweight and close to obese. You need to lose 15 pounds...at least...if you want to live a healthy life. But do it the wrong way and you'll do at least as much bad as good.

There are ~3500 calories in a pound. You need to reduce your daily caloric intake by 2625 per day in order to lose 15 pounds in 20 days. That is A LOT: in fact oyu need to reduce your caloric intake by more than the total number of calories you should be consuming in a day (the average caloric intake for a healthy adult should be around 2000-2500 calories per day, depending on height and other factors). Lastly, consider the long term health and aesthetic effects of rapid weight loss: permanent hair loss; damage to your kidneys, and liver; gallstones; permanent stretch marks, loss of muscle tone.

So basically you're wagering your health. And, unlike an offshore account, you can't just reload that with a ** transfer.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

BMI can be flawed, though. A person with some muscle mass will be rated as overweight or obese according to the BMI.

kiln

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    BMI can be flawed, though. A person with some muscle mass will be rated as overweight or obese according to the BMI.

This is why America is the fattest country in the world. Nobody wants to believe the science, especially if it means they'll have to put down the chili dog.

Is Zach Thomas, (5'11", 240#) obese? No. But for almost the entire rest of the 307,000,000 of us, 200 pounds at 5'11" is a fat load.

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

Quote Originally Posted by kiln View Post
    There are ~3500 calories in a pound. You need to reduce your daily caloric intake by 2625 per day in order to lose 15 pounds in 20 days. That is A LOT: in fact oyu need to reduce your caloric intake by more than the total number of calories you should be consuming in a day (the average caloric intake for a healthy adult should be around 2000-2500 calories per day, depending on height and other factors).
    Intaking 2625 calories per day will not lose him 15 pounds in 20 days.

He needs to find out how much calories his body uses in a day (google it, there are tons of free estimators that are not perfect but will give you a good idea), and then eat around that. If it says your body needs 2400 calories per day, I would still eat those 2400 calories, but do it with real food. If you do it with empty food like snacks you will just be hungry and eat more then the 2400 calories.

Next add in exercise every day. You want to focus on fat burning exercise not muscle building exercise as that will put weight on. So focus on lots of cardio. Use a combination of the treadmill, bike, and elliptical. Your best bet is doing those programs (i cant remember their name right now for some reason!!!!) that have you biking or running at a moderate pace for say 2minutes, then 30 seconds is very intense, then 2min of moderate, then 30sec intense, 2min of moderate, 30sec intense etc. etc. And you can always mess with it depending on how in shape you are. But remember it takes 20minutes of continuous activity before your body even starts to burn fat.

Ultimately this is extremely doable. The real question is can you lose 15 pounds in 20 days healthy? That I do not think so.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5

Agreed that I need to lose this weight. The timeframe is the sticky point. The sad part is that if I dont make it a bet I dont think I will follow thru with it

sundin4prez
    sundin4prez's Avatar Become A Pro!

ive done this bet before with buddies.... 10 pounds in 10 days.... im 6' 180... i did the most unheathy way ie. small meals, exercise non stop, loose as much water weight as possible.. but i did it...

Tackleberry

Quote Originally Posted by kiln View Post
    This is why America is the fattest country in the world. Nobody wants to believe the science, especially if it means they'll have to put down the chili dog. Is Zach Thomas, (5'11", 240#) obese? No. But for almost the entire rest of the 307,000,000 of us, 200 pounds at 5'11" is a fat load.
    He said BMI was flawed which your example shows that it is. BMI will apply in many cases but is by no means the best measure of health or fitness. It's a quick and dirty measure which is why it is so commonly used. Measuring body fat % is an improvement but it has problems too. I know a number of guys who are very lean bodybuilders but are winded after jogging a mile. IMHO the only real way to measure ones health is through a combination of physical fitness tests and blood work.

kiln

Quote Originally Posted by OMGRandyJackson View Post
    Intaking 2625 calories per day will not lose him 15 pounds in 20 days.

He needs to find out how much calories his body uses in a day (google it, there are tons of free estimators that are not perfect but will give you a good idea), and then eat around that. If it says your body needs 2400 calories per day, I would still eat those 2400 calories, but do it with real food. If you do it with empty food like snacks you will just be hungry and eat more then the 2400 calories.
    I said he needs to eat 2625 fewer calories per day, not that he needs to eat 2625/day. In fact, to lose just three pounds per week, his daily caloric intake would have to be around 1200 calories per day. That's getting close to dangerously low levels.

The science here is extremely simple. Calories are energy (by definition, one calorie is the amount of heat (energy) needed to increase the temperature of 1 gram of water by 1 degree Celsius) and whatever you take in that you don't put out (through breathing, keeping your heart beating, sweating, jerking off, running, clicking on "Boston -104" (one of today's best bets!), or any other physical exertion) is stored. What ever you put out that you haven't put in is burned away.

So, to reduce weight, calories out MUST BE GREATER than calories in.

Lincoln73
    Lincoln73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Do the atkins diet and then schedule an enema the day before weigh in and don't rehydrate....i think they can pull pounds of shit right out of your colon.

Grux
    Grux's Avatar Become A Pro!

South Beach Diet with lots of exercise may get you close to losing 15lbs. That is a lot of weight in a small amount of time.

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

Can be done on Atkins .. I lost 28lbs in four weeks on semi-strict Atkins with no special exercise (18lbs in the first two weeks) ... couldn't stick with it though .. the bread craving got to me in the end.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1408

Quote Originally Posted by mighty maron View Post
    Considering a prop bet to shed 15lbs in 20 days. I can afford to lose the 15 lbs easily. What odds should I ask for?

Can it even be done?
    Id be interested in making a prop bet against you. we go head to head god knows i need a diet, and betting is probably the only thing that will give me the strength to proceed with it.

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

drink a few bottles of laxatives. good luck

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5

Started the atkins today and made it thru the day. I know the sugar withdraws are coming in day three. I do no exercise b4 this diet...today 3 periods of 30 minute heavy walking. As long as I dont break, I have reasonable shot to be close at day 17 or so. If im close I can dehydrate at the last moments to eek it.

2.5 to 1 were the odds I got...wish me luck

Ibrakadabra
    Ibrakadabra's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Yes, you definitely can.

Raynor21
    Cle/Ari Under
    Raynor21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

It's possible... it'll be a lot of water weight, but that still counts.

DevilCheese
    DevilCheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4983

you can lose about 2lbs of fat a week + starve yourself the last few days and some diuretics to dehydrate, shouldnt be hard but not very healthy

kiln

Quote Originally Posted by mighty maron View Post
    My current diet before today is that of an impulsive, emotional eater with no regard for any nutirtion. I have done the atkins diet before and if you survive the first three days you are good. I just dont know if a calorie restricted atkins approach can shed that amount of weight in 20 days.

I will keep the advice in mind.

The amount of the bet is enough to make me do this but I dont know if its enough to keep me on track if it really gets rough

Best of luck...but be safe. It won't how matter how much money you win if you end up losing a kidney over it.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Get an exercising bike from walmart around $200 dollars. Get the Ifit level 3 program from ebay $20 dollars for the that bike and you can lose 15 lbs in a month. I'm still on level one, trying to drop from 200 lbs to 180.

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

i was alway told sleeping in a trashbag works

thezbar
    .political science 101
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1676

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln73 View Post
    Do the atkins diet and then schedule an enema the day before weigh in and don't rehydrate....i think they can pull pounds of shit right out of your colon.
    GaviLyte C is a laxative you have to use before a certain life saving medical procedure that is suggested for people over 50 as part of an annual physical. Its easy to lose 8 lbs in 48 hours.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

I know I could do it cause I just gained about 10 pounds this quarter...so put on a ton of weight, make the wager, then you can easily burn it off.

odtw524
    odtw524's Avatar Become A Pro!

yes someone can lose 15 lbs in 20 days especially if you are obese

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5

Day 2. I can feel the start of sugar withdrawls. Weigh in is two pounds less. Wish me luck

1234 Last