P.F.Kasooff
    P.F.Kasooff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by golfrulz View Post

movement now underway to recall that goon walker.
    Bowel movement?

Cannot recall until 1 year and 1 day from election. Anyhow, Walker is doing what he said he would do and he just got elected. Deal with it

golfrulz
    golfrulz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 376

Quote Originally Posted by P.F.Kasooff View Post
    Bowel movement?

Cannot recall until 1 year and 1 day from election. Anyhow, Walker is doing what he said he would do and he just got elected. Deal with it
    lol. deal with it? the goon is going down. will be a recall.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Unions agreed to all benefit cuts

Only issue is their right to collective bargain

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Can anyone give me 1 good reason why public unions should have the right to collective bargaining? Even Democrat hero FDR was against it.

Let's not act like without collective bargaining, teacher salaries will all of a sudden average 20k a yr with no benefits. Unions serve 1 purpose... to make their members more and more money. That's fine if its a business that makes a proft, but the government doesn't make a profit. All public unions do, their goal, is to eat up more taxpayer money. How is this a good thing?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: C-Gold

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I told the guy I work with it's all fun and games until they come after "yours"...then people will get pissed. When it's someone else's no one gives a rats ass, but when it climbs into your wallet...look out

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    C-gold doesn't know about work... He still lives with his dad... Gives him an allowance... Spends it on -400+ moneylines..
    Mayan lives with his 18th closest relatives and on Sundays they all take the family pick up truck to 7-11 to buy food.

C-Gold

There are many teachers making 100K to 150 K in New York, but they can't pay 5.8% for their pension costs?

21 year old teachers starting at 50K in DC? What a joke.

Can't fire bad teachers? What a joke.

You want to talk about test scores in Milwaukee, how many ESL students do they have there sandbagging results?

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    There are many teachers making 100K to 150 K in New York, but they can't pay 5.8% for their pension costs?

You want to talk about test scores in Milwaukee, how many ESL students do they have there sandbagging results?

I teach...not in a school district...but in my business there are a number of people who have no business being in front of students, but they still are allowed because no one wants to rock the boat and get them tossed out.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    I teach...not in a school district...but in my business there are a number of people who have no business being in front of students, but they still are allowed because no one wants to rock the boat and get them tossed out.
    and you know who suffers? The students.

It's a shame these greedy unions operate the way that they do, with the students as pawns in their little game. There are good teachers out there, but the system is corrupt. Can't fire a bad teacher? You suck at my job you are fired. What about the child molester teachers they can't fire, they are paid to sit in a room? The unions defy all logic and common sense. It's just a scheme to suck out the most benefits for teachers at the expense of tax payers and the kids.

Reno Paul
    Reno Paul's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2763

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    Unions agreed to all benefit cuts

Only issue is their right to collective bargain
    This is what I have heard as well.....Walker is on a mission to bust the unions and send them back a 100 years.

If Walker gets his way, it will send a bad ripple effect to all of the middle class throughout the country. Union and non-union workers alike.
    Points Awarded:

golfrulz gave Reno Paul 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: golfrulz

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Reno Paul View Post
    This is what I have heard as well.....Walker is on a mission to bust the unions and send them back a 100 years.

If Walker gets his way, it will send a ripple effect to all of the middle class throughout the country. Union and non-union workers alike.
    Bogus scare tactic.

What does that even mean? It will send a "ripple effect" through the middle class? Care to speak in real terms and not generalities? You think the teachers union is "protecting" teachers? From what? Having to work summers and having to get fired if they suck? From having to pay for 5.8% of their retirement? This country is bankrupt and we rank in the 30's globally for education. We have incompetent and pervert teachers on the rolls that can't be fired? You don't see a problem with that?

You could argue the benefit of coal workers unions in 1890, but Teachers Unions in 2011? Nobody is exploiting them, there's no reason for a teachers union in 2011 except to fund democrat politicans and try and suck every last dollar out of the broke tax payer. They are like blood sucking leetches.

DirkDiggs
    Clippers ML!
    DirkDiggs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

State budgets are out of wack and these Union Pigs would have to pay 5.8% of their Pension costs but they refuse to pay more than the 0.00% they are currently paying. How many Private sector workers get free pensions? THE THING IS WE DON'T HAVE THE MONEY. The Government workers are already overpaid and have the utmost job security. Those protesters are greedy fools.
    Wow, you are pretty misinformed. The Unions have already given in to all of the administrations financial demands. The protestors are fighting for their right to organize. Even though they have given in to the financial demands, Walker keeps pressing to strip them of their right to organize all together. This isn't about fiscal discipline. This is about reducing the power of unions so that people stop paying their dues and unions lose their financial clout, which almost always backs democratic candidates. It is about politics. Walker said so much HIMSELF.

Open your eyes.

DirkDiggs
    Clippers ML!
    DirkDiggs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Are u freaking kidding me. You couldn't pay me 250K to teach in Washington D.C.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by DirkDiggs View Post
    Are u freaking kidding me. You couldn't pay me 250K to teach in Washington D.C.
    and why is that?

P.F.Kasooff
    P.F.Kasooff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Mr. President?
    Attached Images  

Reno Paul
    Reno Paul's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2763

The teachers union in Wisconsin has made financial concessions to Walker....It is the right to collective bargaining that is drawing the line in the sand......Walker doesn't want to compromise.

Yes I agree that the hiring and firing of teachers needs to be fixed.....The teachers union in general seems to be over protective from what I see.

I belong to a private sector union in the construction field and if I don't do my job in a safe and professional manner, I can get fired on the spot.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Nobody is forced into a life of teaching. There is a reason why there are thousands of people graduating each year with teaching degrees. Not a single person goes into teaching for the money, they go into it for the hours, because they like teaching, because they like having 175 days off a year (365 days - 180 school days - 10 teacher in-service days = 175), because it allows them to have the same days off as their kids, or a plethora of other reasons.

I don't think anyone is saying that teaching is easy by any means - but look at it from a pure economics standpoint - supply and demand. Until the demand for teachers outstrips the supply of people who want to get into it - then the salary and benefits that are given to teachers can't go up - and in fact - should go down until they equal out.......

yellowman
    yellowman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

At least when a private sector union negotiates with an employer, the employer has to think about profitability and a responsibility to share holders...with a public sector union, there is none of that. The 'employer' in this case, the government, has no skin in the discussions. Both sides can agree to bolster the unions for a mutual benefit; unions gain more concessions and benefits, politicians gain more votes. And ultimately you and I pay the bill. No one here really argues that teachers, firemen, policemen, etc are anything but honorable professions, each filled with hard working people. But to collectively bargain with an entity whose best interest is perpetuating their power base seems more than a little wrong to the average taxpayer. That is where the angst and disgust originates from.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: AMcBoarder, BeatingBaseball, and infamousbacardi

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

All I hear in this thread is the sound of farts. People talking out their ass.

You guys that don't work for a union are just jealous, because when your
    employer cuts your wages and benefits, you can't say anything about it.

We've been in a recession for over 8 yrs. That's 2 or 3 contracts that has
    been negotiated. Why didn't those employers see the light and make concessions then?

Even a moron like myself saw the light and I started saving for this rainy day.

Bottom line, denial. No one wanted to believe we were headed downwards.

AMcBoarder
    AMcBoarder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

It's not like people don't know going in what a teachers salary will be. They act surprised and bitch about what was known all along. Now don't get me wrong I'm not teacher bashing. They play an integral role in society. However I recall studying for 400 level biochem courses my senior year while the education majors were setting up lesson plans and working on how to use a scantron machine. If you look at the college curriculum for an education major it's clear it's not the most intellectually demanding.

Indecent
    Indecent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1156

Stop lying. They pay 100% of their pension, it's deducted from their salary.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Mayan lives with his 18th closest relatives and on Sundays they all take the family pick up truck to 7-11 to buy food.

jaythegreat
    jaythegreat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

is uncle yerry behind the ford upheivle

TU
    TU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

State budgets are out of wack and these Union Pigs would have to pay 5.8% of their Pension costs but they refuse to pay more than the 0.00% they are currently paying. How many Private sector workers get free pensions? THE THING IS WE DON'T HAVE THE MONEY. The Government workers are already overpaid and have the utmost job security. Those protesters are greedy fools.
    So many morons in this country that have been programmed to hate the middle class. Congrats. ******* idiot.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Quote Originally Posted by TU View Post
    So many morons in this country that have been programmed to hate the middle class. Congrats. ******* idiot.
    Thanks for sharing your insight and views - this was very insightful and added a lot to this discussion.

rsnnh12

How does being against public unions= hating the middle class??
    Points Awarded:

infamousbacardi gave rsnnh12 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

BeatingBaseball
    It's all about the price
    BeatingBaseball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

Quote Originally Posted by yellowman View Post
    At least when a private sector union negotiates with an employer, the employer has to think about profitability and a responsibility to share holders...with a public sector union, there is none of that. The 'employer' in this case, the government, has no skin in the discussions. Both sides can agree to bolster the unions for a mutual benefit; unions gain more concessions and benefits, politicians gain more votes. And ultimately you and I pay the bill. No one here really argues that teachers, firemen, policemen, etc are anything but honorable professions, each filled with hard working people. But to collectively bargain with an entity whose best interest is perpetuating their power base seems more than a little wrong to the average taxpayer. That is where the angst and disgust originates from.
    You hit the nail on the head.

The viciously circular relationship between Democrat politicians and public sector unions represents an absolute conflict of interest. Their collusion is nothing more than a conspiracy to siphon taxpayer money from which they mutually benefit. The tax payers are victims of extortion. Their interest is represented by neither side in such boondoggle, sham "collective bargaining."

Private business can only spend what it makes.

Government can only spend what it takes.
    Points Awarded:

infamousbacardi gave BeatingBaseball 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Yada Yada Yada...I was born and raised in Wisconsin...and it's more of the same bullshit from EVERYONE involved. Liberals love the unions, conservatives think they are no longer necessary (like myself).
    NO ONE should get free pensions...there is NO REASON that electrical contractors in the Union get $7 per hour they work put into their permanent retirement fund...that's just too much money for ANY company to pay.
    You can't cry about giving tax breaks to big business, rather than letting the workers keep their free pension...which option do you think creates jobs?
    What would a normal person do with a $20,000 check they got in the mail tomorrow!? Most would go on a spending spree and it would be gone tomorrow...what would a good working logical business do? Think about adding an employee. Companies strapped for cash cut jobs, so, give them tax breaks, ease the funding problems, then they start to think about expanding and that equals more jobs. You can't spend your way out of a recession, never been done in the HISTORY of the world. NEVER.
    A spade is a spade...Walker is calling it like he sees it. Union companies just can't compete in this market, and I know from first hand professional experience.

Unions were a necessity in 1920...now, they are just mafia-like business breakers.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

First off, it's about contributing their own money to their own pension AND paying about 12% towards their own insurance. Walker is not taking away the full collective bargaining rights. Just the right to bargain with pension and insurance. The unions will still be able to bargain wages. This is what Walker ran on, and he was elected. The people have already spoken. Time for the union boys to get off the tit and start contributing instead of soaking up more tax dollars that Wisconsin doesn't have. And yes, unions were useful years ago, now they just protect the lazy.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Woo, Democrats are getting money from the unions, they must be rich compared to
    the Republicans who only receive money from gas and oil companies. Give me a break.

The govt needs to act like they earned that money from us, instead of giving it out
    like candy to a crying baby.

Those unions gave concessions, see they aren't all bad, but to take away their
    bargaining rights is where the line is drawn and I'm on board with them.

TU
    TU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    How does being against public unions= hating the middle class??
    If you really do not understand, then you should not be posting about these matters. You look like an idiot.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Seems to me the middle class has been footing the bill for these union workers for a long time. Don't be pissed off because Walker ran a campaign and then ACTUALLY DID what he campaigned on. Talk about change we can all believe in.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

If you really do not understand, then you should not be posting about these matters. You look like an idiot.
    Whoa whoa whoa...huh?? He looks like a fool because he refuses to believe in the ignorant nonsensical stereotyping that goes on in politics by classifying people who don't support unions as being anti-middle class?? Yeah, and people who don't support the current middle east war aren't patriotic? Right? Get serious.

Talk about looking like a fool.

El Sol
    El Sol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Seems to me the middle class has been footing the bill for these union workers for a long time. Don't be pissed off because Walker ran a campaign and then ACTUALLY DID what he campaigned on. Talk about change we can all believe in.
    If he made it clear in his campaign that he was to engage in Union busting, than yes, I applaud his actions. Someone with integrity.

But if he made no mention of this prior to being elected. Then, well, he needs to be psychologically examined. A foolhardy move to say the least

I dont live anywhere near Wisconsin so I have the slightest Idea what he really said or didn't say. So could you elaborate for me?
    Last edited by El Sol; 02-27-11 at 08:58 PM.

rsnnh12

I am truly sorry. Please, oh wise one, enlighten me. I bow to your superior intelligence and ability to form a rational argument

First 12345 Last