C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Greedy Wisc Unions can't pay 5.8% of Pension costs???

State budgets are out of wack and these Union Pigs would have to pay 5.8% of their Pension costs but they refuse to pay more than the 0.00% they are currently paying. How many Private sector workers get free pensions? THE THING IS WE DON'T HAVE THE MONEY. The Government workers are already overpaid and have the utmost job security. Those protesters are greedy fools.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

say the same for the record profit companies....oh wait, we must rape the poor... pathetic fool....

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Haha, get a clue and actually learn the situation before you go spouting your garbage. If we "didn't have the money" then why is Walker giving huge tax breaks to businesses? This isn't a money saving plan, this is a political move to cripple money and support for the Democrats. Oh, and I don't think the teachers that are making 30,000 a year while going to school and paying for their Masters degrees are being greedy. It's more about wanting the whole food and shelter thing. All qualified employees are going to leave the state because they can get more money and benefits pretty much anywhere else.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    Haha, get a clue and actually learn the situation before you go spouting your garbage. If we "didn't have the money" then why is Walker giving huge tax breaks to businesses? This isn't a money saving plan, this is a political move to cripple money and support for the Democrats. Oh, and I don't think the teachers that are making 30,000 a year while going to school and paying for their Masters degrees are being greedy. It's more about wanting the whole food and shelter thing. All qualified employees are going to leave the state because they can get more money and benefits pretty much anywhere else.
    he's giving businesses tax breaks to keep them in the state...

And public unions need to be abolished. They're a joke. The 30k salary plus 30k benefits teachers aren't making out as badly as you'd think. Not to mention, their salaries will end up 45-50k+ and ridiculous benefits, which they contribute minimally too

C-Gold

I think the Washington DC situation is worse.

They fired 75 teachers two years ago for incompetence. But that doesn't fly in Union World where everybody is entitled to a job. One teacher didn't show up for work for 6 weeks. Never said she was quitting, never said she was going on vacation, she was just awol and they let her go.

So now the union is coming back and suing for 2 years back pay and a job.

So those 22 year old teachers making 50K on average will get a 100K check cut in their favor and their jobs back if they want them. Because Union Slugs are entitled pricks who think the rules of nature don't apply to them.

50K for a 22 year old teacher
    3 months off for the summer
    generous holidays, teacher work days
    Job security
    0% pension contributions

Yet the teachers complain to the kids that they are soooooo underpaid.

DrStale

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    I think the Washington DC situation is worse.

They fired 75 teachers two years ago for incompetence. But that doesn't fly in Union World where everybody is entitled to a job. One teacher didn't show up for work for 6 weeks. Never said she was quitting, never said she was going on vacation, she was just awol and they let her go.

So now the union is coming back and suing for 2 years back pay and a job.

So those 22 year old teachers making 50K on average will get a 100K check cut in their favor and their jobs back if they want them. Because Union Slugs are entitled pricks who think the rules of nature don't apply to them.

Job security
    0% pension contributions

Well if we're just gonna make shit up then yeah it's going to be a lot easier to win your argument. 22 year old teachers are making nowhere near $50,000.

Teachers have it harder than most because it's reaching the point where many need masters degrees just to make the 30K a year, and this costs a lot more money, so while they're earning the same amount of money it's not going as far as it used to.

Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of fukked up shit with the teachers unions that needs to be fixed but you can't just wipe everything out because it suits your political needs.

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

My sister is a teacher and she did not start at $30,000. You are way off with this figure. Practice what you preach don't talk about things you know nothing about. My sister's school paid for most of her Master's as well.

DrStale

Quote Originally Posted by BatemanPatrickl View Post

My sister is a teacher and she did not start at $30,000. You are way off with this figure. Practice what you preach don't talk about things you know nothing about. My sister's school paid for most of her Master's as well.
    You're right, clearly I dont know any teachers. Becaue your sister did not start at that means that no others did either, clearly.

C-Gold

The 75 teachers fired in DC made 50K. To be babysitters because they obviously weren't teaching the kids anything.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

There's only so much money to go around. You've got to find it somewhere.

P.F.Kasooff
    P.F.Kasooff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Lay Off the greedy Union workers if they wont renegotiate. Very simply! Most of the students in Wisconsin can't read at their grade level anyway so the teachers aren't doing their job, so they all should be under the microscope.

DrStale

Quote Originally Posted by P.F.Kasooff View Post
    Lay Off the greedy Union workers if they wont renegotiate. Very simply! Most of the students in Wisconsin can't read at their grade level anyway so the teachers aren't doing their job, so they all should be under the microscope.
    1. They're not trying to renegotiate genius, they're trying to wipe out the unions entirely and then give them whatever they feel like
    2. Wisconsin consistently performs better than the national average in test scores

Please say more stupid things.

C-Gold

1. They're not trying to renegotiate genius, they're trying to wipe out the unions entirely and then give them whatever they feel like
    2. Wisconsin consistently performs better than the national average in test scores

Please say more stupid things.
    They are trying to make the union workers pay 5.8% to their pensions instead of 0%
    They are trying to take away collective bargaining

The crybaby politicans in the state senate refuse to go to work. That should be grounds for termination. The slugs will lie cheat or steal to get their way, just like with Obamacare. They refuse to follow the rules.

P.F.Kasooff
    P.F.Kasooff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

That is an indictment of the N.E.A. in general because you didn't refute what I said about the reading level of Wisc students.

BatemanPatrickl

You're right, clearly I dont know any teachers. Becaue your sister did not start at that means that no others did either, clearly.
    Clearly. Post some data that teachers start at $30k. Clearly.

kahnner
    kahnner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

They are trying to make the union workers pay 5.8% to their pensions instead of 0%
    They are trying to take away collective bargaining

The crybaby politicans in the state senate refuse to go to work. That should be grounds for termination. The slugs will lie cheat or steal to get their way, just like with Obamacare. They refuse to
    follow the rules.
    There is so much more to the bill that people aren't looking at. The union workers don't care so much paying more for there pensions and insurance it's the part of walker taking away all there collective bargaining rights.

DrStale

Quote Originally Posted by P.F.Kasooff View Post

That is an indictment of the N.E.A. in general because you didn't refute what I said about the reading level of Wisc students.
    Alright here then, but if I have go around refuting every dumbass claim made on these forums ill never make it out to the bar:

On the 2009 NAEP reading test, Wisconsin fourth-graders had
    an average scale score of 220, which is not statistically different from
    their 2007 score of 223. Nationally, fourth-graders also had an average
    scale score of 220, showing no increase from 2007. The average eighthgrade scale score of 266 for Wisconsin was statistically higher than the
    national score of 262
    . The state’s scale score for NAEP eighth-grade
    reading was 264 in 2007

also http://www.statemaster.com/graph/edu...rade-4-reading

Perhaps I can go get the kid down the block to read these to you if you cannot comprehend them.

BatemanPatrickl

1. They're not trying to renegotiate genius, they're trying to wipe out the unions entirely and then give them whatever they feel like 2. Wisconsin consistently performs better than the national average in test scores Please say more stupid things.
    If you really think one party can wipe out Unions entirely, you are a fool.

DrStale

Clearly. Post some data that teachers start at $30k. Clearly.
    http://teacherportal.com/teacher-salaries-by-state

There you go slugger.

And to the rest of the people bashing the "greedy teachers" feel free to take a look at the average starting teacher's salary in Wisconsin. 49th out of 50 states and the Republican solution is to take more of their money.

BatemanPatrickl

http://teacherportal.com/teacher-salaries-by-state There you go slugger. And to the rest of the people bashing the "greedy teachers" feel free to take a look at the average starting teacher's salary in Wisconsin. 49th out of 50 states and the Republican solution is to take more of their money.
    Looks like that data is 2 years old AND I saw only a few at $30K or below. Funny people bashing teachers, you are bashing one political party. Pot meet kettle.

DrStale

Looks like that data is 2 years old AND I saw only a few at $30K or below. Funny people bashing teachers, you are bashing one political party. Pot meet kettle.
    Uh, and where exactly do you see that the data is 2 years old?

Your second sentence is just ridiculous. It would be a "pot meet kettle" situation if I was attacking Republicans for bitching about having their rights taken away. They are two completely different arguments. Also, I am not attacking all Republicans, but the Republican governor and the Republican state legislature hammering through this ridiculous bill.

BatemanPatrickl

Uh, and where exactly do you see that the data is 2 years old? Your second sentence is just ridiculous. It would be a "pot meet kettle" situation if I was attacking Republicans for bitching about having their rights taken away. They are two completely different arguments. Also, I am not attacking all Republicans, but the Republican governor and the Republican state legislature hammering through this ridiculous bill.
    Look at the first comment smart guy. There is a date on it. Anything else?

DrStale

Look at the first comment smart guy. There is a date on it. Anything else?
    Oh, I must have missed it because I was too busy reading this:

Finding accurate beginning and average salaries for teachers by state is a tricky business. We've combined data from multiple sources, including the National Education Association, job surveys, and private data analyses to try to build the most accurate list of teacher salaries by state. We will update this page every time we get more information!

I know, I know, so many words can be hard for you, but I have bolded the important part so hopefully you can grasp that much.

BatemanPatrickl

Oh, I must have missed it because I was too busy reading this: Finding accurate beginning and average salaries for teachers by state is a tricky business. We've combined data from multiple sources, including the National Education Association, job surveys, and private data analyses to try to build the most accurate list of teacher salaries by state. We will update this page every time we get more information! I know, I know, so many words can be hard for you, but I have bolded the important part so hopefully you can grasp that much.
    You have no proof if that data is updated. Plus the average salary is way above $30K so you are now wrong on at least TWO things.

DrStale

You have no proof if that data is updated. Plus the average salary is way above $30K so you are now wrong on at least TWO things.

1. I never said it was updated or not, you did. I cannot be wrong about something I did not say, you however could very well be wrong and probably are.

2. Please point out where I said the average salary is 30,000. I told C-Gold he was making shit up when he said 22 year olds make 50K and they clearly do not. For this information you need to look at starting salary, not average salary. Then you claimed that your teacher sister did not start at 30,000 and I was way off. Being that you are not intelligent and that I know many young teachers who make around 30,000 I refuted your claim, then backed it up with evidence. The average salary points to those teachers who have been around for quite some time and thus the number is higher.

Anyone pointing out all your errors is fun and all but im heading out to drink alcohol and talk to females. You enjoy your evening.

kahnner
    kahnner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Starting salary is around $30,000 In Wisconsin
    Average salary is $52,000.

Indecent
    Indecent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1156

State budgets are out of wack and these Union Pigs would have to pay 5.8% of their Pension costs but they refuse to pay more than the 0.00% they are currently paying. How many Private sector workers get free pensions? THE THING IS WE DON'T HAVE THE MONEY. The Government workers are already overpaid and have the utmost job security. Those protesters are greedy fools.
    Where are you getting they pay 0%? The pensions come from their salary, they pay 100%.

It's not a gift, it's money they would have been paid but they chose to put it in the state operated pension fund. You can argue that they make too much money or that there are too many state employees, but to outright lie and claim that they are receiving money from the state at no cost to themselves is disingenuous to say the least. Do you want them to work for free?

Any fees the tax payer has to cover (beyond the agreed salary) is in the event of shortfalls, and that could easily be fixed by removing the fixed amount for the fund. Regardless, that's the states fault (or their actuaries'?), not the result of greed by teachers.
    Last edited by Indecent; 02-27-11 at 12:20 AM.

dollarbill
    dollarbill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1206

Sales Tax on Lottery Tickets solves problem today........... The permanent fix is for everyone to stop working! With no Taxes to collect how will Goverment workers be paid

Stock up the next few weeks make April 15th 2011 a day to remember

The System we have now is no longer "For the People" and it is the only thing not changing. It all starts in your hometown and finding accountability could be a starting point.
    Last edited by dollarbill; 02-27-11 at 01:35 AM.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Alright here then, but if I have go around refuting every dumbass claim made on these forums ill never make it out to the bar:

On the 2009 NAEP reading test, Wisconsin fourth-graders had
    an average scale score of 220, which is not statistically different from
    their 2007 score of 223. Nationally, fourth-graders also had an average
    scale score of 220, showing no increase from 2007. The average eighthgrade scale score of 266 for Wisconsin was statistically higher than the
    national score of 262
    . The state’s scale score for NAEP eighth-grade
    reading was 264 in 2007

also http://www.statemaster.com/graph/edu...rade-4-reading

Perhaps I can go get the kid down the block to read these to you if you cannot comprehend them.
    This is like saying Wisconsin students are smarter than the average special needs student.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/two-...-school-8th-g#

Two-thirds of the eighth graders in Wisconsin public schools cannot read proficiently according to the U.S. Department of Education, despite the fact that Wisconsin spends more per pupil in its public schools than any other state in the Midwest.

That's 2/3rds!!!!!! Let me repeat myself. 2/3rds of Wisconsin students cannot read proficiently.

Fire all the teachers. They have failed.

If anyone in the business world had this failure rate they would be fired.
    Last edited by QuantumLeap; 02-27-11 at 01:39 AM.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

You make it sound like being a teacher is so easy and pays a fortune but my guess is that you have never been a teacher. Teachers work there ass off...the job does not end when the school day ends or when they go home...it's a lot of fuckin' work and you have absolutely no idea.

Job security
    0% pension contributions

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

hell they make 80,000 in ohio

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57693

Bottom line - Wisky is BROKE! We have got to start somewhere to clean up this mess the Dems have put us in with their overspending. Why not start with the pension funds and insurance fees for state workers. The taxpayers of this state have been footing that bill for years.

boondoggle
    99.82% of forum posters are idiots
    boondoggle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

You are a parrot. Keep listening to glenn beck. One day perhaps you will learn to think and no longer be a parrot.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul2008 View Post
    You make it sound like being a teacher is so easy and pays a fortune but my guess is that you have never been a teacher. Teachers work there ass off...the job does not end when the school day ends or when they go home...it's a lot of fuckin' work and you have absolutely no idea.
    C-gold doesn't know about work... He still lives with his dad... Gives him an allowance... Spends it on -400+ moneylines..
    Points Awarded:

golfrulz gave King Mayan 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: golfrulz, and southside sox

golfrulz
    golfrulz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 376

movement now underway to recall that goon walker.

1234 ... Last