Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

I've tried to get off Pepsi and Mt. Dew and I can't mess with diet soda. I'm not sure what they put in Crystal light but that shit gives me a wicked headache. The only diet I ever liked was diet Country Time lemonade, but I can't find it in 12 packs anymore.

joe17
    joe17's Avatar Become A Pro!

stay away from pasta and bread, good carbs such as potatos are good

Chandler
    Chandler's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have no problems with aspartame

I've never had a problem losing weight with diet coke or any other diet sodas on low carb.

fuk atkins. I don't do atkins that dude is dead, and he doesn't know shit about dropping weight for powerlifting or mma weight classes.

I do what is successful for me.

gotta love 390 lb blimps that worry about aspartame's effects. but don't bat an eye at eating two bags of doritos with 12 ounces of sour cream

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by Chandler View Post
    I have no problems with aspartame I've never had a problem losing weight with diet coke or any other diet sodas on low carb. fuk atkins. I don't do atkins that dude is dead, and he doesn't know shit about dropping weight for powerlifting or mma weight classes. I do what is successful for me. gotta love 390 lb blimps that worry about aspartame's effects. but don't bat an eye at eating two bags of doritos with 12 ounces of sour cream
    I agree with this statement but Aspartame is still not good for you. You should see the effects on what it does to your brain.

Chandler

Quote Originally Posted by jwbama23 View Post
    [/B] I agree with this statement but Aspartame is still not good for you. You should see the effects on what it does to your brain.
    now I'm curious.

can you show me some links that talk about this? I rely too much on sweetners I guess

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

I dont have any links, although Im sure you can look them up rather easily. I have a great friend and business mentor whos daughter has autism. He went to some research center in Arizona where they study the effects of different chemicals and what things do that we put into our body. One of the things they were trying to link I guess what Aspartame to Autism or something. So anyways he had me watch a video of this doctor who was doing the research and he said the biggest scare with it is the acidic effect on your brain. The researcher said that when patients come into the hospital and are having seizures and they cant figure out what caused it they will give them a diet coke in order to trigger another seizure. They realized the relationship of aspartame to seizures because during the first Gulf War , Coca Cola had sent tons and tons of DIET coke over to the soldiers and as they were returning they were having more serious mental disorders and seizures. Ironically enough my fiance's brother in law is one of these former soldiers. He has some serious issues and as a 40 year he cant hardly walk, talk, eat, do anything for himself. Again I am not the researcher and I dont have the links but I am sure that if you were to get into some case studies or medical journals you could find all of the info I have listed.

ElLoco23
    ElLoco23's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think I gained 10 pounds since I started reading the forums. LOL

Curls89
    Curls89's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Richkas View Post
    Just stay away from Carbs and yo will lose weight
    Actually it's all about calories in vs calories out. Eating less of one macronutrient will not aid in weight loss.

Chandler

Quote Originally Posted by Curls89 View Post
    Actually it's all about calories in vs calories out. Eating less of one macronutrient will not aid in weight loss.
    not entirely true.

not all calories are equal in terms of what they do to the body.

Insulin management is key. as well at other hormones like glucagon.

on a low carb diet, after you are into ketosis, you metabolic rate is sped up, as the body has to create ketone bodies out of stored fat to allow the muscles to have an energy source to burn.

another additional benefit of the low carb diet, and ketosis is that you actually curb your appetite and have less physical craving for food after a few days. In fact I remember in college having to really make sure I timed my meals right and kept to them. somtimes I had no desire to eat all day, but I forced myself to.

the best part of ketosis and low carb diets is that, it is great for athletes that need to control their weight throughout the year for things like wrestling, powerlifting, bodybuilding, and other weight class type indeaveors. because ketosis also is physidiological state.

where you can't loss muscle it is the best diet for maintaining muscle while burning fat. most other diets, if you are a highly or moderately trained athlete you are gonna lose muscle on a diet.

on some ketogenic diets you can ever gain muscle if you up your calories to the right level.

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

Day 7 for me on this atkins diet. up to date. lost exactly 9 lbs. not happy, expected more. i am now getting tired of meat.. i hope i can last another 8 days to complete it. gonna be tough, but i'll hang in there. i want to lose just 8 more lbs and i will be happy. i will definitely keep it off this time. I gotta switch it up a bit.. maybe less meat and much more veggies.. this diet is so fun and easy the first 4 days, then it gets tougher and tougher as you start to get sick of it. this diet works, but you got to work hard to get there. it's not easy.

i miss a nice banana in the morning with a piece of toast and some peanut butter on it. I hope the next 8 days go by fast.

Curls89
    Curls89's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Santoro View Post
    Day 7 for me on this atkins diet. up to date. lost exactly 9 lbs. not happy, expected more. i am now getting tired of meat.. i hope i can last another 8 days to complete it. gonna be tough, but i'll hang in there. i want to lose just 8 more lbs and i will be happy. i will definitely keep it off this time. I gotta switch it up a bit.. maybe less meat and much more veggies.. this diet is so fun and easy the first 4 days, then it gets tougher and tougher as you start to get sick of it. this diet works, but you got to work hard to get there. it's not easy.

i miss a nice banana in the morning with a piece of toast and some peanut butter on it. I hope the next 8 days go by fast.
    Not sure if you're serious. Nine pounds in a week is pretty dam good and cmon it's only two weeks of dieting.

Chandler

nice work Nicky.

try to stay away from a big damaging binge or sugar relapse.

Its strange but somthing that helps me alot, is frozen cucumbers when I need a little sugar but not too much

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

low carbs is doable...no carbs...absolutely not

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

TT is funny

First 123