hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Low carb does in fact work, and yes, you can exercise on low carb, in fact its encouraged. I lost about 60 lbs on it in about 6 months

bamacards
    bamacards's Avatar Become A Pro!

======order a pizza with the works

lol---that's a mean joke

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

digorno pizza sucks so bad, makes me hate all pizzas

Yep im already off low carb.

Mom made chicken rice, steak, baked carrots, and brocoli with cheese. At least i ate no bread or pototoe foods i guess

mike1234
    ??
    mike1234's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17401

If you're hungry, eat more bacon and low-carb protein shakes.

I was on this diet about seven years ago and got shredded. It definitely works. I had to stop because I like beer and ice cream too much.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    digorno pizza sucks so bad, makes me hate all pizzas

Yep im already off low carb.

Mom made chicken rice, steak, baked carrots, and brocoli with cheese. At least i ate no bread or pototoe foods i guess

Are you serious about mom?

ttwarrior1

nikki can you pm me, i guess you blocked them, another question

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

sugar free jello
    since Jan 3rd im down 20 lbs and 4.25 inches around my stomach.

Im doing very heavy weight training as well because I was getting alot of lose skin

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

day 1 again. My mom won't stop buying bread, potatoe foods, and junk. trying to kill me i think. Just ate 3 cheeseburgers with no bread and feels like there is a sponge in my stomach soaking up water and fat.

Ive heard go for the 50 gram a day thing on low carb can work also. I do know one guy that does low carb 5 days a week and then on weekends does what he wants.
    you fukk.. Go to the market with your mom...

forloveofthegame
    forloveofthegame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

i love how you say you are doing what everybody else that is in decent shape doing yet you ate THREE cheeseburgers in a meal today.. thats your ******* problem..

losing weight takes alot of time and effort which is why i will never put myself in that position

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

lmao no thanks at brown rice or an apple or snack. I see what your saying though, brown rice is different then white rice, I guzzle water all the time. Seems to just flush everything threw making more hungry at times.

No thanks on apple or nuts. Last time i ate an apple, ten min later i was starving to death
    no rice. Rice is full of fukin carbs

Norris olin
    Norris olin's Avatar Become A Pro!

I want to loss my weight, and want a low carb diet plan,
    that can help in loss weight.

Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19551

Got to get on this diet. Wife is going to join me. Gotta get thinner for Bermuda trip

Norris olin
    Norris olin's Avatar Become A Pro!

I want to loss my weight, and want a low carb diet plan,
    that can help in loss weight.

Last edited by shari91; 03-05-11 at 01:15 AM. Reason: removed link

Landprofits
    Landprofits's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    low carb diets are retarded. First off, you can't exercise with low carb diets.

Second, your brain needs carbs to run effeciently. Death to low carb diets

hell, the fact that you guys advocate no fruits should set off alarm bells
    Actually this is not true.

The brain does not need glucose to run, it works perfectly well off other energy sources that are produced when on a low carb diet. Many people report sharper concentration and a general feeling of well being.

If the OP is hungry, then he is not really low carbing. He is getting sugar from somewhere which is causing his blood sugar to spike and cause that feeling of hunger. And since he thinks he is eating clean, those sugars are probably coming from fruit. This does go against what is commonly accepted of course (an apple a day keeps the doctor away) but there are countless well researched arguments to support leaving fruit alone, particularly when working on getting your metabolism to a fat burning one instead of sugar burning.

You can exercise with low carb. You have enough energy. A low carb diet will provide enough energy to meet the needs of most, and that extends past the average to include people who work out.

Professional athletes and bodybuilders cycle their carbs, following a low carb plan for several days then having a card re - feed over 1 or 2 days. This is something to do with manipulating insulin in your body which is a muscle building hormone.

But, to answer the OP once more, if you are feeling hungry then you are not low carbing properly.

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

Quote Originally Posted by Skidcom View Post
    Got to get on this diet. Wife is going to join me. Gotta get thinner for Bermuda trip
    hands down this is the best diet to lose very quick weight like for a vacation, etc. when i had upcoming weddings in 1 month to attend and i was fat, i'd go on this diet and lose 30 lbs in 1 month.. if you only eat proteins and no carbs, believe me, it works. however, it's tough to keep it off for life. i am thinking myself of doing this for 1 month, eat tons of meat, lose 30 lbs and i can fit into size 32 jeans after that for the upcoming summer.

It really is a miracle diet and it works.

GmCrazy
    GmCrazy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I need to chk this out cause this pizza diet I'm on aint workin lol

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just stay away from Carbs and yo will lose weight

ttwarrior1

i went off low carb last nite in a bad way and missed one of my metformin

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Call me crazy but fruits are packed with sugars and I would personally reccomend getting those nessasary vitimins through a good multi.
    Natural sugar is different from processed sugar, the one's in soda drinks and the worst Rockstars

Nicky Santoro

even though the sugar in fruits are healthy, they are NOT allowed on the Atkins diet. no apples, no oranges, no pears, not even bananas. NO FRUIT AT ALL or you kill the diet. Atkins is a very unhealthy diet, however, if you follow it properly, you can lose a ton.. and fast..

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Simpliest fix is get a thread mill from walmart, cost about $400 dollars. You can burn 500-800 calories daily just by doing a jog and run for a couple miles.

Chandler
    Chandler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Santoro View Post
    even though the sugar in fruits are healthy, they are NOT allowed on the Atkins diet. no apples, no oranges, no pears, not even bananas. NO FRUIT AT ALL or you kill the diet. Atkins is a very unhealthy diet, however, if you follow it properly, you can lose a ton.. and fast..

hmmmmmm

Nicky Santoro

amazing. i swear this thread is perfect timing.. i just started today (mon morning) my Atkins diet. i haven't done it in 7 yrs. i miss it. i just bought 12 lbs of 0 carbs bbq wings, 6 boxes of 0 carb jello with whipped cream, lots of steak, frozen chicken, veggies, cheese and lots of water.

i gained a bit recently and will now drop 25 lbs in the next 3 weeks, GUARANTEED.. then i will go off it and maintain my weight after that by eating healthy. i miss the atkins diet and i love it to death.

Time for some wings soon..

Chandler

don't forget the eggs, pickles, salads, natural peanut butter in small quantities, pork rinds, kool-aid.

Nicky Santoro

Quote Originally Posted by Chandler View Post
    don't forget the eggs, pickles, salads, natural peanut butter in small quantities, pork rinds, kool-aid.
    good call, chandler. looks like you know the diet pretty well. yes, i got tons of eggs, some bacon, lots of salad, tomatoes, avocados. i am on it right now and feeling full and great, with tons of energy. no other diet beats this. it does get sickening though after 2-3 weeks, that's when i'll get it off it and go back to my healthy eating.. cereals, pasta, whole grain bread.. but not before i drop 25 lbs in the next 3 weeks doing this.

i am on top of the world now and feeling great. i hate being fat. soon i won't be anymore. Thanks to Mr Robert Atkins. the kid was a genius May he Rest in Peace.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

I heard you can smash up pork rinds and use 'em like shake n bake.

Bulldog-53
    Bulldog-53's Avatar Become A Pro!

People still use the "Low-Carb" diet? Oh my.

ttwarrior1

nikki isnt the low carb jello with bad sweetners. I mean if its carb free, then what is it. Food is only protein, fat and carbs.'

I would try that but don't want sweetners.

Chandler

nikki isnt the low carb jello with bad sweetners. I mean if its carb free, then what is it. Food is only protein, fat and carbs.'

I would try that but don't want sweetners.
    gelatin is protein, its made from animals.

the sugar free stuff has aspartame and other basically non-caloric colorings and flavorings.

dngf
    Update your status
    dngf's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 85308

Quote Originally Posted by hubie69 View Post
    Low carb does in fact work, and yes, you can exercise on low carb, in fact its encouraged. I lost about 60 lbs on it in about 6 months
    So now that you are off, are you able to keep the weight off, or does it come right back after you reintroduce carbs to your diet again?

Chandler

Quote Originally Posted by dngf View Post
    So now that you are off, are you able to keep the weight off, or does it come right back after you reintroduce carbs to your diet again?

when you reintroduce carbs, you are gonna gain a few pounds immediately of water.

a big part of the no carb diet initial weight loss is water weight. your muscles and liver store carbs in the form of glycogen in your body for your muscles to use. so when a person on a regular diet exercises they are burning mostly glycogen. as it is the quick source and easily used source for energy.

here's the thing. glycogen holds 4 times its weight in water bonded to it.

so when you go no carb diet. You burn ALL that glycogen. and 4 times that of water is flushed away too.

now the body has no glycogen to fuel body movement, basic metabolic function, and even brain functions (why alot of no carbers get headaches)

the body NOW has to take the stored bodyfat along with the protein and fat ingested and convert those forms of energy to glycogen.

that metabolic function in and of itself burns calories, because it is inefficient.

anywho, i'm off the topic.

yes most no carb dieters will gain some weight back when they go off the no carb diet.

and they can rebound and gain alot of weight back if they go back to a hi simple carb, processed carb, sugary diet.

the key is losing a critical amount of weight in a portion of time in no carb

and switching to a healthy and sustainable lifestyle afterwards.

GoCougs!
    GoCougs!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11304

Atkins is great for the initial weight loss. The KEY is adding in quality portion control w/ veggies, fruits, whole grains and lean mean or fish. Atkinds will crush you if you are only eating steak/eggs/cheese.

Once you lose your initial 20/30 pounds start exercising and eating good food.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

I have been doing the "slow carb" plan from the book "the four hour body". It is working great. From Jan 3rd to today I went from size 40 jeans to size 36. I see a lot of people saying to lose the weight then eat better or whatever but with this plan you eat like total shit one day a week and eat good the rest. I have more energy, motivation, and think clearer than I ever have. Also for you guys that like to drink you can have up to two glasses of red wine per nite. I eat a lot of mexican food without the tortillas. I would highly reccomend anyone trying to lose weight to try it out. Its very easy to follow. Also the PAGG stack that the book reccomends works wonders too.

When I get to my after I will post before and after pics in this thread. My goal is to have full abs by beginning of May and I am not far from that now

Nicky Santoro

my plan is to go crazy eating lots of green veggies, meat, eggs and cheese for 15 days, lose about 25 lbs. i know its mostly water, then when i am at my goal weight, get off this diet, and eat only cereal, whole grain pasta and bread, lots of fruit in not big portions, and no junk food. chandler, you seem to know your stuff...if i do this, will the weight come back? btw, after day 1 of this, i swear, i feel like i have lost 90 lbs. i feel so thin, not bloated at all, my stomach looks so flat now and i have peed 14x in 24 hrs.. unlike before only 2x a day. water is just coming out of me non stop.. i love it.

btw, that sugar free jello with whipped cream is to die for. and guess where i'm going now to eat??? MCD'S..

I am having 2 double quarter pounders with cheese, NO ketchup, just mustard and onions and of course.. NO BUNS.. with a diet coke...total carbs.. 4g and 0g if i don't take any cheese on it.

how can you not love this diet??

ttwarrior1

aspartame???? No thanks, that stuff should be banned

diet coke? you know that stuff is bad for you right and not allowed on atkins.

I get sick anytime i touch anything with aspartame

First 123 Last