ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24893

Last edited by ChuckyTheGoat; 01-07-24 at 04:43 PM.

khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18936

khicks26

ChuckyTheGoat

Last edited by ChuckyTheGoat; 01-08-24 at 02:35 PM.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11662

Here's one for you: my friend RAVED about this Russian band he saw this summer, Leonid & Friends...

He said the brass section is insane and that they do mostly Chicago songs, but also some Steely Dan.

Hope to see them myself, should the chance happen. I love this music.

http://leonidandf.com/
    Last edited by ByeShea; 01-09-24 at 09:20 PM.

ChuckyTheGoat

khicks26

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Kind of surprising coming from you.

Love this song, the drummer played with Zappa. He also is or was married to the lead singer.

khicks26

Here he is playing with Zappa.

Last edited by khicks26; 01-11-24 at 02:36 PM.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by khicks26 View Post
    Kind of surprising coming from you.

Love this song, the drummer played with Zappa. He also is or was married to the lead singer.

You're surprised that I like Missing Persons?

Missing Persons is on my short list of Favorite Bands. Easily one of my top 5 80s bands.

Yes, drummer Terry Bozzio is awesome. Some great videos of him hammering the drums.

Terry said it was a chance meeting that he met a young Dale. Dale walked into their studio and took a liking to him. As for Dale, what was not to like?

I'll make one comparison on Missing Persons. I compare Missing Persons to Bow Wow Wow. Phenomenal on both albums and live...but for a very short sharp peak.

If I had to be honest, the young female front lead can only hold for a short length of time:
    *Bow Wow Wow has some amazing concert footage. Largely b/c Annabella has great energy.
    *Missing Persons has great footage. Talented musicians, and Dale had amazing sex appeal. She did some things in concert that would make a young boy melt.

I know Terry has had a long and successful career. Awesome drummer. There's one part of the Missing Persons story that bothers me:
    *If I read between the lines, when they divorced Dale gained the rights to use the name Missing Persons in live performance.

That would be OK if Dale maintained the level of play. From what I've seen the revamped Missing Persons under Dale's leadership would rate as somewhere between Subpar to Terrible. If you revamp the band, you have to perform at the same level.

ChuckyTheGoat

Last edited by ChuckyTheGoat; 01-17-24 at 07:53 AM.

khicks26

You're surprised that I like Missing Persons?

Missing Persons is on my short list of Favorite Bands. Easily one of my top 5 80s bands.

Yes, drummer Terry Bozzio is awesome. Some great videos of him hammering the drums.

Terry said it was a chance meeting that he met a young Dale. Dale walked into their studio and took a liking to him. As for Dale, what was not to like?

I'll make one comparison on Missing Persons. I compare Missing Persons to Bow Wow Wow. Phenomenal on both albums and live...but for a very short sharp peak.

If I had to be honest, the young female front lead can only hold for a short length of time:
    *Bow Wow Wow has some amazing concert footage. Largely b/c Annabella has great energy.
    *Missing Persons has great footage. Talented musicians, and Dale had amazing sex appeal. She did some things in concert that would make a young boy melt.

I know Terry has had a long and successful career. Awesome drummer. There's one part of the Missing Persons story that bothers me:
    *If I read between the lines, when they divorced Dale gained the rights to use the name Missing Persons in live performance.

That would be OK if Dale maintained the level of play. From what I've seen the revamped Missing Persons under Dale's leadership would rate as somewhere between Subpar to Terrible. If you revamp the band, you have to perform at the same level.
    LOL Well I see the other music you are posting and it doesn't seem to fit the genre. Not that I'm a big Missing Persons fan, just like a few songs. More of a Zappa fan.

Missing Persons was more of an MTV band, I like some of the music but the Glam was a bit much. That said, without the glam I don't think they would have been as popular as they were. Shows you what I know.

This female front held on for a length of time.

khicks26

This one did well. A Kinks song.

khicks26

Just because I love her voice. Easy on the eyes also. But for me the voice is enough.

ChuckyTheGoat

Salud, khicks. Missing Persons' 2nd album wasn't nearly as good as their first album (IMHO). Another female with great vocals = Suzanne Vega.

Missing Persons benefited massively from the MTV era for sure. But they sounded great in concert, too. I'll try to find some of the best clips.

ChuckyTheGoat

Here's some footage. Very good:

ChuckyTheGoat

*Terry - going crazy on the drums
    *Dale - more than a pretty face

khicks26

*Terry - going crazy on the drums
    *Dale - more than a pretty face

For sure they sound great live. No special effects on her voice either, sounds just like studio version or close to it. She's a freak of nature.

Also doing the half boob cup before anyone else did. Love it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

ChuckyTheGoat

ChuckyTheGoat

khicks, think you know this. But I always appreciate your comments. Always nice to hear fresh comments.

Re: the NFL, I mentioned that the interest on this forum has really fallen off. At the mid-point in the season, results were luke-warm and interest was low. Felt like posting into air with only a few readers.

2022 was a much better season for contrarian results. 2023 didn't run as well. But I still believe in the same concepts.

I mentioned that I really question Walter's approach in 2023. So many of the Podcasts view that time as an opportunity to present their opinion. Those opinions tend to be very general without much meat on the bone.

I'm a firm believer that a +EV bet has to be grounded in the difference between Fair Odds and the Market Line. I don't see a lot of solid analysis where bettors are identifying a winning edge.

As for the music, yes, I have varied interests. I'm open to listening to new acts. But I am admittedly pretty locked in on the acts that I enjoy listening to.

ChuckyTheGoat

LOL Well I see the other music you are posting and it doesn't seem to fit the genre. Not that I'm a big Missing Persons fan, just like a few songs. More of a Zappa fan.

Missing Persons was more of an MTV band, I like some of the music but the Glam was a bit much. That said, without the glam I don't think they would have been as popular as they were. Shows you what I know.

This female front held on for a length of time.

Heart was a great band. Have spent a lot of time listening to them. So many classics.

In fact, I think I'm going to delve into their work some more based on your post. Will see if I find anything new.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: khicks26

ChuckyTheGoat

khicks26

khicks, think you know this. But I always appreciate your comments. Always nice to hear fresh comments.

Re: the NFL, I mentioned that the interest on this forum has really fallen off. At the mid-point in the season, results were luke-warm and interest was low. Felt like posting into air with only a few readers.

2022 was a much better season for contrarian results. 2023 didn't run as well. But I still believe in the same concepts.

I mentioned that I really question Walter's approach in 2023. So many of the Podcasts view that time as an opportunity to present their opinion. Those opinions tend to be very general without much meat on the bone.

I'm a firm believer that a +EV bet has to be grounded in the difference between Fair Odds and the Market Line. I don't see a lot of solid analysis where bettors are identifying a winning edge.

As for the music, yes, I have varied interests. I'm open to listening to new acts. But I am admittedly pretty locked in on the acts that I enjoy listening to.
    Thinks man. Nice to hear.

I agree 22 was a better year. As for the thread if that's what you're talking about, I could feel the frustration. Didn't mind at all you stopped posting. It got to a point where it felt like it was something you had to do, not something you wanted to do. That's not fun for anyone.

You know I think Walt would agree with you. He sucked ass this year.

Walt NFL Picks (2022): 154-134-8 (+$9,860)

Walt 2023 NFL Picks: 141-137-10 (-$6,580)

I think he was very distracted with life in general.

It was a hard year, everything I felt really good about didn't happen much. The so-called experts didn't help either. Lots of public bets hitting early. As you say getting the right info and agreeing with that info was hard to find.

I'm the same way with music, set in my ways. It's rare these days when something hits me the first time I hear it. Don't really have time or the want to listen to something over and over until I start to like it. Must be a getting old thing, change in the industry, and I hate to say it but a real lack of talent. Or a suppression of bands that I might like.

A song I have posted a few times on these forums that nobody comments on. Might be new to you. No need to comment.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

ChuckyTheGoat

This one did well. A Kinks song.

I love the Pretenders. They had a great sound.

ChuckyTheGoat

Last edited by ChuckyTheGoat; 02-01-24 at 12:17 PM.

ChuckyTheGoat
    Last edited by ChuckyTheGoat; 02-03-24 at 01:24 PM.

ChuckyTheGoat

ChuckyTheGoat

I'm not the BIGGEST Rolling Stone fan. But THAT is a great album:

Some Girls (1978)

ChuckyTheGoat

Last edited by ChuckyTheGoat; 02-11-24 at 09:39 AM.

ChuckyTheGoat

Last edited by ChuckyTheGoat; 02-11-24 at 04:49 PM.

ChuckyTheGoat

ChuckyTheGoat

Anybody notice that SOME BANDS start off sounding like one thing? Years later, they're a million miles away. The difference is so big that they really should change the band-name.

IMHO, the debut album is the one that sounds the freshest. Case in point = THE HUMAN LEAGUE.

khicks26

Anybody notice that SOME BANDS start off sounding like one thing? Years later, they're a million miles away. The difference is so big that they really should change the band-name.

IMHO, the debut album is the one that sounds the freshest. Case in point = THE HUMAN LEAGUE.

Agree, not sure if they lose their edge, run out of shit to say, or sell out for the money.

Aerosmith will never sound this good again IMO. I hate most of the crap they put out late in their career.

khicks26

ChuckyTheGoat

Agree, not sure if they lose their edge, run out of shit to say, or sell out for the money.

Aerosmith will never sound this good again IMO. I hate most of the crap they put out late in their career.

Thx for the reply, khicks. Yes, that is my logic on so many bands:

1) Their original songs make for a very fresh debut album.

2) Second album = leftover songs + a few new songs. Normally still pretty good.

3) If the band has had some exposure, the label now views them as a commercial group. They want the single and more of a pop sound.

Can think of several bands like that.

ChuckyTheGoat

Loved the early U2 when they broke thru on MTV:

First 123 Last