Tuesday
    Whores...God Bless 'Em
    Tuesday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4061

Quote Originally Posted by mcaulay777 View Post
    Im a big music lover as you can read.Im at the Gym using ipod shuffle and a song comes on and i said unless im missing it because my eyes are not as good as they used to be where the hell is Sweet or the Sweet.They had at least 4 hit songs that were always on the air the song that came on Was Foxes on the run.Sweet for me is top 20.Crimanal if Sweet is not on top 500 anyone double check because i was using glasses and missed one before!
    Don't think they on there...but Star Wars soundtrack is #458 which is weird

Doublethink
    Doublethink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1446

Going down this list I can go for the numbers without arguing. Maybe some could be adjusted but we're talking about 500 so keep it as it is. I as a music fan person am glad I saw the group music tours as follows: #1 Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon in 1977 at MSG. Great show in the city. #5 Bruce of course at MSG also. Born to Run. Nobody does it like Bruce. #21 Floyd The Wall at Nassau Coliseum. #24 Wish You were Here Floyd at MSG. Pink Floyd #48 Animals again MSG. I saw the Grateful Dead once. They mixed in a lot of songs not consistent with one album. Tom Waits at T he Beacon Theatre. He did a good show. I saw #325 America 1980? at The Garden State Arts Center. They were good.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

Now they're gonna do the 60's

I gotta narrow list down to 10 and submit for the poll.

https://wfpk.org/2021/top-500-60s-countdown/?s=09

https://wfpk.org/2021/top-500-60s-countdown/
    Last edited by louisvillekid; 11-15-21 at 08:48 PM.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32341

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    Joy Division-Unknown Pleasures
    Sex Pistols-Never mind the Bollocks

didn't see these two listed but definitely should belong in that list.
    Joy Division vastly underrated band of that decade.
    Ian Curtis and Bernard Sumner were the main influence behind my favorite band, the Killers with the brilliant songwriting, front man Brandon Flowers.

Killers are currently touring with the great Johnny Marr (of The Smith's)
    Marr is backing vocalist to Flowers on this tour and I am beyond pumped when they come here to the northeast later this year.
    This is a once in a lifetime gig to me.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8401

Like mcaulay I'm a big Kiss fan and also music fan in general was surprised to see another of my favorites made the list John Prine at a very high 51 and again later on list!! My biggest surprise I did not see and could have just over looked was Hall and Oats !! Great list across so many genres !!
    Last edited by jackpot269; 11-16-21 at 12:03 AM.

First 12