Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14745

Who's gonna pay for the 4th round of stimulus cheques

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

I always thought Australians were a tough independent group of people , now it’s obvious they are just subjects of the government not citizens

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

What a bunch of dumb motherfuckers

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25582

Where is Mick Dundee when you need him?

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11174

This was back in June but probably one reason for the lockdowns??

Australia has been one of the world's success stories in its fight against Covid-19, but frustration surrounds its delayed vaccination rollout.

The country has been slower than most others to immunise its population, with some high-risk groups crying out for protection.

While progress has recently accelerated, roughly 3% of the population has been fully vaccinated.

Supply shortages and mismanagement have been blamed for the delays.

Now, the government faces fresh supply pressure after it raised the recommended age for the AstraZeneca jab to people over 60. Right now, AstraZeneca is the main component of the country's immunisation programme.

Vaccine hesitancy in some pockets of the community has also risen even as the pace of the rollout has picked up in recent weeks and reached daily records.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    When the news comes out that the vaccines don’t work for the variants the world will be in complete chaos. The biological weapon that was designed so that no vaccine can keep up with the variants. Only China will ever have the true vaccine to protect from the variants.
    Wait, that news didn't come out yet?

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3533

Do you know what's going on in Perth mate?.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9233

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Do you know what's going on in Perth mate?.
    Almost no infections. No new deaths. Total death toll last 18 months is 9.

NSW is the largest population state and where the latest outbreak is worst. Our total death toll just topped 100 people.

Not sure why anyone else cares if Australians do what we are told, or work together for the community, or whatever you want to call it.

The whole world is going to get to the same point of having to open up around the same time. We just wont have the death toll at the end.

I think the inconvenience we have put up with occasionally over the last 18 months will seem like nothing to have avoided what you guys still have to bear.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Optional 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47539

Stay safe Optional, shari and any other Aussie posters!!

No idea where shari lives but thank bloody hell our mate Optional lives in the boondocks on a quail farm

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

Not sure why anyone else cares if Australians do what we are told, or work together for the community, or whatever you want to call it.

I think the inconvenience we have put up with occasionally over the last 18 months will seem like nothing to have avoided what you guys still have to bear.
    Trump cult members love to shame anyone with common sense. They think it's a badge of honor that we've had 600,000+ deaths while you guys havent even hit 10 yet. They hear masks and lockdowns and bitch about their personal freedom while hooked to a ventilator. The future of the US is very sad because the cou try is totally divided.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16145

NSW is the largest population state and where the latest outbreak is worst. Our total death toll just topped 100 people.

The whole world is going to get to the same point of having to open up around the same time. We just wont have the death toll at the end.

I agree Optional as I get tired of all other countries complaining on how the US does things…

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post

I agree Optional as I get tired of all other countries complaining on how the US does things…
    I hope you don't mean me!

My only complaint about the USA is how it treats Australia as a close ally.

Biden has been shittier than Trump in that respect.

Rumblings of a serious move to break away as prime allies and go with a CANZUK alliance instead, after Biden refused an urgent plea to send a few million about to expire pfizer doses to help our govt recover from it's Astra Zenica mistake. How Canada, Australia, New Zealand, & The UK Are Secretly Forming One Global Superpower: CANZUK

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29836

packerd_00

Well that's good as long as people are doing okay. I have family friends in Perth so I was just curious what was going on there mate.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16145

I hope you don't mean me!

My only complaint about the USA is how it treats Australia as a close ally.

Biden has been shittier than Trump in that respect.

Rumblings of a serious move to break away as prime allies and go with a CANZUK alliance instead, after Biden refused an urgent plea to send a few million about to expire pfizer doses to help our govt recover from it's Astra Zenica mistake. How Canada, Australia, New Zealand, & The UK Are Secretly Forming One Global Superpower: CANZUK
    Of course not you….these damn Canadians around here!!! Biden has been shittier than Trump on all aspects. The only reason Biden is president is because the dems just wanted Trump out. The US is worse for it as we can all see.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Trump cult members love to shame anyone with common sense. They think it's a badge of honor that we've had 600,000+ deaths while you guys havent even hit 10 yet. They hear masks and lockdowns and bitch about their personal freedom while hooked to a ventilator. The future of the US is very sad because the cou try is totally divided.
    While others wear their vaccine shot like a badge of honor on social. "Hey, look at me & my medical decision!"
    Congratulations!

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Of course not you….these damn Canadians around here!!! Biden has been shittier than Trump on all aspects. The only reason Biden is president is because the dems just wanted Trump out. The US is worse for it as we can all see.

Is there a country you actually like cause its clear you hate your own.
    You're basically a vagrant...just move, no one will care.

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

I have to advise the Australians to get their collective shit together and reject the lockdowns and tyranny that has been acted upon them. Grow a set, remember that this pandemic is the first ever without massive death. Freedom is more important than your life. It was true when the U.S first took over our country, and at the time it was true for the down under prison colony. So grow a set and reject this bullshit, its been a year and a half. You have the science on your side. f\*\*k them mask they are useless, go ahead and talk to your friends over a couple to 10 beers. Defiance is the key, if they don't act now they will be forever pussified.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    I have to advise the Australians to get their collective shit together and reject the lockdowns and tyranny that has been acted upon them. Grow a set, remember that this pandemic is the first ever without massive death. Freedom is more important than your life. It was true when the U.S first took over our country, and at the time it was true for the down under prison colony. So grow a set and reject this bullshit, its been a year and a half. You have the science on your side. f\*\*k them mask they are useless, go ahead and talk to your friends over a couple to 10 beers. Defiance is the key, if they don't act now they will be forever pussified.
    "Australians" advise you to get over yourself and your babyish woke about tyranny shit, and accept Australia have handled the virus, the economy and public discontent better than any other country in the world.

I know it makes your politicized butt hurt to have to see that, and have to see non-stupid people dealing with the problem instead of fighting.

But bad luck loser.

Australia does it better yet again.

Soon to be known as the greatest country in the world by all.

Because America has besmirched that title and it's up for grabs.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Optional 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18989

Australians should handle covid19 in a way they think is best for themselves. They don't need outsiders telling them how to deal with their unique circumstances.

Britain wants some limited trade deals with Canada and Australia. Some political pacts on block voting would be possible. Anything more is out of the question at the moment. England is probably willing to join anything non-military, (as a military pact would negate or marginalise NATO). However, the Brexit situation has repercussions that put Irish and Scottish independence on the horizon. England shouldn't speak for either on most issues until things get sorted.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

New Zealand is locking down the country over ONE case!

They're totally insane

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by semibluff View Post
    Australians should handle covid19 in a way they think is best for themselves. They don't need outsiders telling them how to deal with their unique circumstances.

Britain wants some limited trade deals with Canada and Australia. Some political pacts on block voting would be possible. Anything more is out of the question at the moment. England is probably willing to join anything non-military, (as a military pact would negate or marginalise NATO). However, the Brexit situation has repercussions that put Irish and Scottish independence on the horizon. England shouldn't speak for either on most issues until things get sorted.
    Freedom of movement, economic opportunities as a trading block, and establishing a cheap East West trade route as an alternative to the Chinese Belt & Road stuff so Pacific island nations have an alternative to whoring themselves out for China sounds like the main benefits to me.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18989

Freedom of movement, economic opportunities as a trading block, and establishing a cheap East West trade route as an alternative to the Chinese Belt & Road stuff so Pacific island nations have an alternative to whoring themselves out for China sounds like the main benefits to me.
    Most of that sounds good but freedom of movement isn't going to be on the table. Easing vïsa restrictions is as far as either England, Canada or Australia would consider. Even that would be hard to sell.
    Last edited by semibluff; 08-17-21 at 10:13 AM.

packerd_00

We made the right decision by leaving the EU I personally have no regrets.

Optional

Most of that sounds good but freedom of movement isn't going to be on the table. Easing vïsa restrictions is as far as either England, Canada or Australia would consider. Even that would be hard to sell.
    It hasn't really been on the radar at all down under until the last two weeks.

Aus PM was the main one against it. But it seems like he and the media have turned on Biden and both pushing to go forward with the idea all of a sudden.

Optional

We made the right decision by leaving the EU I personally have no regrets.
    I think the main benefit of CANZUK over EU is there is no commission or extra government involved. We just all agree if one country says it is ok to sell there, the rest of us accept that as well. Nice and simple. Easier when it's just four liberal democracies that are not natural competitors, with similar values, and each can trust the rest to make similar standard of decisions. Unlike the EU.

UK is the gateway to EU Trade. Canada to USA and Aus/NZ to Asia.

Plus between Canada and Australia, the block would control the lions share of the most valuable natural resources.

Seems like a move that could shift the world power balance.
    Last edited by Optional; 08-17-21 at 02:05 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

packerd_00

I think the main benefit of CANZUK over EU is there is no commission or extra government involved. We just all agree if one country says it is ok to sell there, the rest of us accept that as well. Nice and simple. Easier when it's just four liberal democracies that are not natural competitors, with similar values, and each can trust the rest to make similar standard of decisions. Unlike the EU.

UK is the gateway to EU Trade. Canada to USA and Aus/NZ to Asia.

Plus between Canada and Australia, the block would control the lions share of the most valuable natural resources.

Seems like a move that could shift the world power balance.
    Yep it cuts through alot of that unnecessary red tape, nothing holding any of us back now. Im excited for the future of business. The UK needed to desperately break free of the EU as they were dragging us down for years. Now we have to sort out are fishing waters.

Optional

Yep it cuts through alot of that unnecessary red tape, nothing holding any of us back now. Im excited for the future of business. The UK needed to desperately break free of the EU as they were dragging us down for years. Now we have to sort out are fishing waters.
    Becoming the leader of a trading block almost equal in economic size to the EU would probably change a lot of things fast, like being able to get agreements over fishing grounds.

I'm struggling to see a real serious down side for anyone involved. We are all kind of marginalized secondary powers as it is now.

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

Well it sounds like it will be up to the half of the American public who have the even keeled thinking about balancing the dangers of life to get the rest of the world to snap out of it and continue to strive for better things. The rest of the world can thank us later by hating us as usual. Good thing we don't care what the rest of the world thinks. We'll just do what is right and lead by example yet again.
    Last edited by Slurry Pumper; 08-18-21 at 04:36 PM.
    Points Awarded:

edawg gave Slurry Pumper 4 SBR Point(s) for this post.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    Well it sounds like it will be up to the half of the American public who have the even keeled thinking about balancing the dangers of life to get the rest of the world to snap out of it and continue to strive for better things. The rest of the world can thank us later by hatting us as usual. Good thing we don't care what the rest of the world thinks. We'll just do what is right and lead by example yet again.
    They have a gun buy back program that had many volunteers to give up their rights. Get flooded with Muslim fighting age males. Get locked down. Told they will get their children jabed with an experiment or else. Good luck mates!

packerd_00

Becoming the leader of a trading block almost equal in economic size to the EU would probably change a lot of things fast, like being able to get agreements over fishing grounds.

I'm struggling to see a real serious down side for anyone involved. We are all kind of marginalized secondary powers as it is now.
    True enough wish we'd gotten into partnership years ago but it took a lot of years just to get out of the deal with the EU even after we voted Leave. Ah well at least it's behind us now.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

the voices calling for freedom are getting louder

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    the voices calling for freedom are getting louder
    I dunno mate.

2 weeks ago they could manage over 5000.

last Sunday they only managed 1000.

And they didn't bother to turn up at all in most cities this Sunday

"About 100 protesters gathered at Coolangatta on the Queensland side of the border to protest against lockdowns but they were outnumbered by as many as 150 police."

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/bre...bd38499b5cf10f

Where are you dreaming this stuff up from Arch??

NSW state premier has already said she wants an end date to restrictions ASAP btw.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    New Zealand is locking down the country over ONE case!

They're totally insane

Are they though?

I'm all for actually fixing something.

Not bandaging forever like with masks & vaccines.

Imagine you have 2 workers/laborers.

You put them both on a job separately.

One is a go-getter, while the other is lazy.

The one who actually strives to get the job over & done with blows through the project.

While the other is still stuck in the beginning stages as he takes a smoke break every 15 minutes.

Odd comparison I know but same concept.

Mac4Lyfe

Australia knows how to nip the virus in the bud while Americans are still half assing everything.

First 12345 Last