StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    cocksackie?

wtf?
    it is a real virus, funny huh, of course Donk would like that. It's called hand foot and mouth disease for kids

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by ace7550 View Post
    I value all life. We're being asked as a society to weigh the lives of some of our elderly against our economy and our way of life. These aren't easy choices. I think our reaction to Covid will have long lasting effects on our society that we can not yet imagine.
    Also, I wasn't trying to put a value on any person's life young or old. I was just saying that most covid related deaths are elderly people.
    It's not a good faith argument to pit the rest of society against "old people" - as if young people aren't paying a hefty cost. By all fair analyses, they are paying a much larger cost for their current job and future status, among other mental and health considerations from lockdowns. The old people should have some skin in the game, especially since they have lived most of their lives and are asking yet again for younger generations to bear their cost (as if the debt, taxes, and opportunity isn't a challenge enough for them).

From a public policy point of view, if 80+ year olds died, and most still don't ... it would be far less of a price to pay for any society compared to the negative current reality of the society, economy and its future. The young people are paying a way heavier cost than anyone else, and it's not even close.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9255

I value all life. We're being asked as a society to weigh the lives of some of our elderly against our economy and our way of life. These aren't easy choices. I think our reaction to Covid will have long lasting effects on our society that we can not yet imagine.

Also, I wasn't trying to put a value on any person's life young or old. I was just saying that most covid related deaths are elderly people.
    I think you probably do genuinely care. But you are talking about the economy being a deciding factor still. So you do have a line, economically or age based, where the right to life is outweighed. Pondering where we really draw those sort of lines of our own can make it a lot easier to understand others. And I agree that decisions made now set a benchmark for the future. A future where we will likely face this more often... which is the scariest thing about "the people" saying it's fine for the govt to not use our taxes to protect all of us. They aren't our kings, they are our representatives. All of us.

Personally my main argument with the economy versus the aged argument is that I think the economic recovery is mostly tied to ordinary people going back to normal life. Being confident to go about their lives as we did 12 months ago. And that needs a health solution, not rhetoric or arguing to convince others. People need true organic confidence its safe and only then the economy can go forward again properly.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    it is a real virus, funny huh, of course Donk would like that. It's called hand foot and mouth disease for kids
    it sounds like something a petite asian babe would scream out as I hammer her doggystyle..... "Oooohhhhh Popason, too much cocksackie!!!! too much cocksackie!!!!!" as my my rod is plowin' new ground and my balls are furiously slappin' away at her klit......

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    it sounds like something a petite asian babe would scream out as I hammer her doggystyle..... "Oooohhhhh Popason, too much cocksackie!!!! too much cocksackie!!!!!" as my my rod is plowin' new ground and my balls are furiously slappin' away at her klit......

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I think you probably do genuinely care. But you are talking about the economy being a deciding factor still. So you do have a line, economically or age based, where the right to life is outweighed. Pondering where we really draw those sort of lines of our own can make it a lot easier to understand others. And I agree that decisions made now set a benchmark for the future. A future where we will likely face this more often... which is the scariest thing about "the people" saying it's fine for the govt to not use our taxes to protect all of us. They aren't our kings, they are our representatives. All of us.

Personally my main argument with the economy versus the aged argument is that I think the economic recovery is mostly tied to ordinary people going back to normal life. Being confident to go about their lives as we did 12 months ago. And that needs a health solution, not rhetoric or arguing to convince others. People need true organic confidence its safe and only then the economy can go forward again properly.
    When I was in highschool we were asked to put a dollar value on a life in economics class. It was an interesting experiment. Each student owned a hypothetical business. Like United Airlines for example. And we had to decide how much we could spend on safety. Spend too much and the company goes broke. Spend too little and more people die. As a class we came to the assessment that a human life is worth between 1.5 million - 2 million dollars. It was a morbid, sad and yet fascinating discussion.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

When I was in highschool we were asked to put a dollar value on a life in economics class. It was an interesting experiment. Each student owned a hypothetical business. Like United Airlines for example. And we had to decide how much we could spend on safety. Spend too much and the company goes broke. Spend too little and more people die. As a class we came to the assessment that a human life is worth between 1.5 million - 2 million dollars. It was a morbid, sad and yet fascinating discussion.
    I did a similar assessment this morning, and came up with joe biden and kamala harris being collectively worth about four bucks, which equates to the cost of two 150 gr pointed soft point bullets fired from my 7mm magnum into both of their heads.....

First 123