playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Seriously guys!!! You guys are gamblers are you worried about your cable bill??? I mean what is $120 a month or so for all of your tV's in your house to have cable.

Do you guys not have cell phones either??
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave playersonly69 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    Seriously guys!!! You guys are gamblers are you worried about your cable bill??? I mean what is $120 a month or so for all of your tV's in your house to have cable.

So if someone offered you $1400 a year for absolutely nothing you’d turn it down?

PO do you really wanna go here

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47551

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post

coming from a guy that was chasing yisman around the forums for $2

why not save money if you can?

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

With me-I feel cable saves me $....I could go internet only cheap guy and stream EVERYTHING....but live sports would be in lesser quality...and I would find myself going out more and spending a months cable in a night easily..---sure Ill meet for beers=$ in toilet......also while I have cable on say- Sat/Sun I am usually streaming something as well....other game, UFC...ect....
    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    coming from a guy that was chasing yisman around the forums for $2

why not save money if you can?
    Points Awarded:

MadTiger gave PaperTrail07 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47551

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    With me-I feel cable saves me $....I could go internet only cheap guy and stream EVERYTHING....but live sports would be in lesser quality...and I would find myself going out more and spending a months cable in a night easily..---sure Ill meet for beers=$ in toilet......also while I have cable on say- Sat/Sun I am usually streaming something as well....other game, UFC...ect....
    I hear you

never a bad idea to look at expenditures and try and cut that fat a little

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    Cut the cord 3 years ago. Got tired of DirecTV and their bs.

Best IPTV app imo is Streamers. If the IPTV has an APK that's probably best though. I think some people use Kodi with their IPTV, but I'm not a fan of that. I think the Streamers app or APKs are easier to navigate and Kodi is a waste of space on your devices. My current IPTV service expires in like a month, I'll probably switch to Helix when it does. Like the fact that they have local channels.

Anybody looking at US pro sports, I highly recommend bilasport.net. Great steam quality, no popups. I've been using it for like 6 months and it hasn't failed me yet.
    Kodi is better because you can also get a good build such as diggz build and good search engine to get any tv show or movie. Can also just add the iptv to it or may already be on it. How is kodi a waist of space? You need it to run a build. Lol. Kodi is easy to navigate and there's tons of videos showing how to add builds. Nvidia shield is the way to go.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

from all in the info ive gathered off reddit last night it looks like this basically
    1. you buy a nvidia shield ( best system by far )
    2. you download an IPTV service $5-12 a month for 1-3 connections with a tv guide ( gearstv, area51 ) are some of the best ive heard for service and reliability .... most of the best ones have a waiting list which is smart so it doesnt overcrowd the system and have any lag
    3. download a video player app for the IPTV ( most people were saying tiviamate)
    4. download kodi with add ons for movies/ tv shows that have already released ... like netflix but for everything ( exodus , terrarium tv , ect )

in the end the box will cost $200 or so, $5-10 a month for IPTV live tv which you can split with a friend if needed and thats it ... in the end after few months youre already saving money..... main thing is being careful picking your IPTV service because they go under so you DO NOT want to pay yearly , monthly is the way to go

it seems like the Nvidia Shield was best due to the fact you can put the ethernet cable straight to the box for faster connection , and just has higher specs.. people said if youre strictly just using IPTV then firestick is fine, but if you wanna get into other things the Shield is by far the best option

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Kodi is better because you can also get a good build such as diggz build and good search engine to get any tv show or movie. Can also just add the iptv to it or may already be on it. How is kodi a waist of space? You need it to run a build. Lol. Kodi is easy to navigate and there's tons of videos showing how to add builds. Nvidia shield is the way to go.
    Imo Kodi is overkill. Some builds take up a ton of space. There are apps for TV shows and movies that work more than well enough, for me at least (TV Zion, Cinema, etc). Throw in a decent IPTV with its own APK, use bilasport.net for sports (or the IPTV) and there's nothing else I need. I used Kodi for a year or two, then I realized this way gets streams that are just as good, quicker to access what you want, and it's 10x more convenient/user friendly. Just my opinion.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Paper as I’ve stated I’ve not missed a beat. Have a samsung 65” with Bose sound system and picture and sound spot on. Watched 2 PPV events (boxing and UFC) and quality top notch. Of course streaming a movie that’s out in theaters now you’re gonna get it in 720p but can’t say there’s a movie out there I have to see. I’m thinking during football with all the regional network channels avail (see screen shot) will prob be no issue seeing and game.

firekillex

USC what IPTV service is that??? looks solid

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    USC what IPTV service is that??? looks solid
    https://sportz.vodiptv.org/

PaperTrail07

Not bad at all.....I've tried that route.....felt like I put $100 in time alone into it.....having to Update ect...DL fixes and new programs...fix problems..you must be more tech savvy that me and more determined............I have WOW now with 100 internet and "medium channels" both ESPN local MLB ect and it costs $96 a month out the door..........
    Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Paper as I’ve stated I’ve not missed a beat. Have a samsung 65” with Bose sound system and picture and sound spot on. Watched 2 PPV events (boxing and UFC) and quality top notch. Of course streaming a movie that’s out in theaters now you’re gonna get it in 720p but can’t say there’s a movie out there I have to see. I’m thinking during football with all the regional network channels avail (see screen shot) will prob be no issue seeing and game.

PaperTrail07

Seems like your time spent paid off though.....come set mine up LOL...

firekillex

weekday only??? what do you do on weekends haha

slambam

weekday only??? what do you do on weekends haha
    I think they only offer a trial on weekdays. Service is 24/7.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Seems like your time spent paid off though.....come set mine up LOL...
    Paper I’m probably the least tech savvy guy here. But like procrastinating on Bitcoin I dikked around with this as well. We’ve had directv for years so sadly no Philadelphia sport access (Comcast). With another $85 a month about to be added to our internet bill through them I decided to try this after seeing someone post the troypoint website. Guy really dummies it down. Added the IPVanish (year $77 but had promo buy one year get one free so average $3 a month) and gave it a shot. Been 2 months and so far so good. You have to unplug the firestick every week and recommended to reboot your modem. Remember to clear cashe on apps and you’re good to go
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave USCPHILLYGUY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

firekillex

do you run an ethernet extention off your firestick 4k so its connected to the modem hard wired for faster connection USC?

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

do you run an ethernet extention off your firestick 4k so its connected to the modem hard wired for faster connection USC?
    I do not. Firestick connected wirelessly I currently have 250mbps service but thinking I could get away with 150

firekillex

I do not. Firestick connected wirelessly I currently have 250mbps service but thinking I could get away with 150
    seems like if you just run one IPTV and maybe 1-2 side apps you can get away with running 4K Firestick for 1/4 of the price compared to Nvidia Shield could be worth while on a budget or using for multiple TVS....

Shield has gaming , high specs and memory but isnt really needed in my situation tbh. just need to stream live sports and maybe have 1 app for VOD movies/TV ..... highly considering the 4K Firestick now ....

having to clear cache and unplug weekly is a hassle but worth the big save in money

Demonata

If you are poor and don't really care how smooth it runs and if you don't really care about movies i recommend firestick. I tried the firestick and was too laggy and not enough space compared to nvidia shield.Also i have accounts of espn plus direct tv fox showtime etc that i hacked myself so i don't even pay for that.

firekillex

If you are poor and don't really care how smooth it runs and if you don't really care about movies i recommend firestick. I tried the firestick and was too laggy and not enough space compared to nvidia shield.Also i have accounts of espn plus direct tv fox showtime etc that i hacked myself so i don't even pay for that.

i guess it just depends how many programs you are going to run
    a few buddies on reddit said if you strictly run IPTV and like 1-2 apps on firestick 4k edition itll be the same speed/no lag as shield
    but if you wanna use tons of extra features and run like 5-10 kodi apps and all that Shield is the only way to go

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

i guess it just depends how many programs you are going to run
    a few buddies on reddit said if you strictly run IPTV and like 1-2 apps on firestick 4k edition itll be the same speed/no lag as shield
    but if you wanna use tons of extra features and run like 5-10 kodi apps and all that Shield is the only way to go
    What a fukin clown. I’ve said verbatim I’ve had no issue at all with lagging and now it’s if you're poor.

Fire do do what’s best for you. Firestick 4K about $45. Ours is about 5 ft from modem so. Assume that helps as well. I’ve used the 2nd account on my iPad and just using 4g has worked fine as well.

Believe_EMT
    Needs a new laptop
    Believe_EMT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 642

cord cutting has been fantastic

firekillex

What a fukin clown. I’ve said verbatim I’ve had no issue at all with lagging and now it’s if you're poor.

Fire do do what’s best for you. Firestick 4K about $45. Ours is about 5 ft from modem so. Assume that helps as well. I’ve used the 2nd account on my iPad and just using 4g has worked fine as well.
    i think im going to start with the firestick 4k and if it doesnt work return and get the Nvidia
    tbh i only need 1-2 IPTVS and like 1 app for VOD streaming , i wouldnt have kodi and all those apps / use it to game

ive seen a solid service called ZIONTV $1.5 a month and it has all the VOD setup like Netflix but huge selection , looks pretty good ... just doing more research now

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

i think im going to start with the firestick 4k and if it doesnt work return and get the Nvidia
    tbh i only need 1-2 IPTVS and like 1 app for VOD streaming , i wouldnt have kodi and all those apps / use it to game

ive seen a solid service called ZIONTV $1.5 a month and it has all the VOD setup like Netflix but huge selection , looks pretty good ... just doing more research now
    Keep me posted on what you find. I’m sure there’s lots I miss as as well

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19492

Good thread
    Except for the trolls, of course
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MadTiger

Demonata

The only clown is you. Saying firestick runs as smooth as nvidia shield when it's impossible with the ram and hard drive size. Also hardwired connection always is better and smoother than wifi. So if I'm a clown than you are the whole damn circus!

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

The only clown is you. Saying firestick runs as smooth as nvidia shield when it's impossible with the ram and hard drive size. Also hardwired connection always is better and smoother than wifi. So if I'm a clown than you are the whole damn circus!
    Why don’t you go eat a dik moron. I’m commenting on what’s working for me. It’s called a personal opinion. No where did I say it ran smoother

Fukin douchebag.

Demonata

Why don’t you go eat a dik moron. I’m commenting on what’s working for me. It’s called a personal opinion. No where did I say it ran smoother

Fukin douchebag.
    Why don't you go play in traffic, because you obviously don't know shit. It's called a personal opinion? Wow, you must have went to Harvard to learn that! Take the cok out of your mouth and learn more about what the hell you are talking about before providing an opinion than.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Points Awarded:

MadTiger gave USCPHILLYGUY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Why don't you go play in traffic, because you obviously don't know shit. It's called a personal opinion? Wow, you must have went to Harvard to learn that! Take the cok out of your mouth and learn more about what the hell you are talking about before providing an opinion than.

Demonata

That's your level of education right there. Thanks for proving my point.

slambam

I think you're talking about TVZion (their website is https://zionapp.live/), very good for streaming TV shows and movies. It's free actually, although there is Zion Club, that gives more streams. Honestly you don't really need it imo. Developer is pretty active on Reddit and updates quite often.

And newer firesticks are fine imo. I use a fire tv box on our main tv and firesticks on other TVs. No need to unplug, just restart them occasionally - just like what's recommended with computers, phones, etc. It's always recommended to reboot your router occasionally also.

PaperTrail07

See I guess I have solid pricing---I mean 150 mbps for me is $65 a month...the CABLE part is really only $32 with WOW.....their promotions make it pretty cheap and rate locked for 2 years.....

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

See I guess I have solid pricing---I mean 150 mbps for me is $65 a month...the CABLE part is really only $32 with WOW.....their promotions make it pretty cheap and rate locked for 2 years.....
    Wanna say ours is $80 but $10 per month is modem rental (everytime I buy a Comcast compatible modem service goes to shit).

Gonna give the 150mbps a shot.

First 1234 Last