TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    been thinking of cutting the cord for awhile but have not yet due to convenience and laziness.

All this stuff you guys are talking about is foreign to me so bear with me. How do you jailbreak a firestick? Do you do it yourself or purchase it already jailbroken?
    Jakester... the main issue is... getting the internet speed at a great price. For example... if you have 2 solid internet providers in your area that run promotions for 6 month or a year... you could switch back and forth and save even more money. If you have only one internet provider... to get the speeds you need you could end up spending $50-$60 on internet alone.

I tried Kodi back in 2017... used Amazon Fire Box (not stick) and a lot of movies were buffering constantly. I know a lot of things have changed since then.... but I only pay $62.00 a month for DirecTV... not ready to change yet. But again... I think the main focus is... internet price and speed. Then you can study other things...

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    I think you're talking about TVZion (their website is https://zionapp.live/), very good for streaming TV shows and movies. It's free actually, although there is Zion Club, that gives more streams. Honestly you don't really need it imo. Developer is pretty active on Reddit and updates quite often.

And newer firesticks are fine imo. I use a fire tv box on our main tv and firesticks on other TVs. No need to unplug, just restart them occasionally - just like what's recommended with computers, phones, etc. It's always recommended to reboot your router occasionally also.
    oh damn thanks bro , i literally thought it was just the zion club membership , didnt know it was free as well....
    thats just a side app you can download right? you dont need Kodi for it?

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Jakester... the main issue is... getting the internet speed at a great price. For example... if you have 2 solid internet providers in your area that run promotions for 6 month or a year... you could switch back and forth and save even more money. If you have only one internet provider... to get the speeds you need you could end up spending $50-$60 on internet alone.

I tried Kodi back in 2017... used Amazon Fire Box (not stick) and a lot of movies were buffering constantly. I know a lot of things have changed since then.... but I only pay $62.00 a month for DirecTV... not ready to change yet. But again... I think the main focus is... internet price and speed. Then you can study other things...
    basically exactly what happened to me , i tried Kodi a few years back with buffering issues.. ive seen online its like 10x better now though which makes me want to try it , most likely give it a try all the IPTVS have free trials generally, then you can cut the cable after it works or doesnt...

Kodi isnt really the best thing now though... IPTV for streaming live content then you can use other things like posted above Zion for VOD content thats saved like a bigger Netflix , plus a ton of other apps you can use for VOD that are free

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5318

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    basically exactly what happened to me , i tried Kodi a few years back with buffering issues.. ive seen online its like 10x better now though which makes me want to try it , most likely give it a try all the IPTVS have free trials generally, then you can cut the cable after it works or doesnt...

Kodi isnt really the best thing now though... IPTV for streaming live content then you can use other things like posted above Zion for VOD content thats saved like a bigger Netflix , plus a ton of other apps you can use for VOD that are free
    Kodi gets you the most content because it can handle the most builds. You install iptv into it or just use a build that has iptv movies tv shows etc all in the same build on kodi.
    How to Add Ultimate IPTV on Kodi 17.1 Krypton

• Open Kodi.
    • Then, go to System Settings -> Expert Mode -> Addons.
    • Turn on Unknown sources.
    • When the warning message appears, click Yes.
    • Now go back to the Kodi homescreen, and click on the 'Settings' icon.
    • From here, go to File Manager -> Add Source.

Demonata

I still say the best thing to d is get all the logins to all the accounts you need. I cracked a direct tv account so i get tons of channels on that for free. Also have cracked fox sports watch espn nbc nba mlb ufc and everything. The only thing i can't get is the ppv. Allt he other things it's way better than iptv to just stream from the apps like watch espn fox sports etc. PPV i still feel the best is with reddit streams. IPTV can lag.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1515

oh damn thanks bro , i literally thought it was just the zion club membership , didnt know it was free as well....
    thats just a side app you can download right? you dont need Kodi for it?
    I wouldn't use it. I'm reading where they use your resources in return for cryptomining. lol

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    I wouldn't use it. I'm reading where they use your resources in return for cryptomining. lol
    Pretty sure the developer talked about this at length on Reddit and said it's just people trying to bash him. Guess it's all who you want to believe.

firekillex

thats the main thing in this area, IPTVS and addons its tough who to trust since competitors will make fake accounts to bash other Apps and get people to move to there own.... realistically theres a few free VOD apps that look solid so you can really choose what you want... the top 3 i seen are the following:

Zion tv
    Cyberflix tv
    Cinema HD

take a pick at any of those and im sure youll find one you like ... also make sure you get "MX PLAYER" to view the tv/movies on these for the video player

as you can see ive done an extensive amount of research on this the last couple days as i get ready to take the plunge haha

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47428

if you only pay $62/month, I would just stick with that.

I'm paying like $160/month for internet and cable and that is too much...I'm fine paying around $100/month but it keeps ticking up on me, penetrate these thieves. I did call a couple months ago and threatened to leave but did not follow through, yet...I was told if I got rid of cable and just kept the internet at the current speed it would be ~$80/month, which also seemed high.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Whoa....that is a little much....Spectrum "no contract-no worries"...my ass....means you adjust the bill to your liking every month lol....WOW! locks in the rate for 2 years....IF they are available.....call up and get pricing......then say no-and wait on a promo in the mail ....end up under $100 for both.......

I'm paying like $160/month for internet and cable and that is too much...I'm fine paying around $100/month but it keeps ticking up on me, penetrate these thieves. I did call a couple months ago and threatened to leave but did not follow through, yet...I was told if I got rid of cable and just kept the internet at the current speed it would be ~$80/month, which also seemed high.
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave PaperTrail07 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

firekillex

basically exactly where im at $150 a month for internet + cable
    ive found a solid internet package for $80 a month so id be saving $70 a month
    minus the $5-10 a month on IPTVS it adds up big time tbh... really just comes down to if the IPTVS will be reliable enough

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

For example... sometimes Xfinity/Comcast will run a promotion 75 mbps for $30.00 a month (Detroit Area.) I think for Kodi to work well... you might need at least 30 mbps per box. (That's what I've heard... hopefully other posters can chime in and give their opinion.) Of course... that doesn't include anything else in your household that uses consistent WIFI etc.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    NitroTV. 8,000 channels including all major sports packages in HD. $15/month.
    Damn. Almost puked a little thinking about what I pay for uverse, lol.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I’m right in same range, used to be when whomever my carrier was at the time started jacking prices up til I’d notice I could do the whole threaten to leave thing and get it back down a little but lately that hasn’t worked. Fukkers.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

We got youtubetv. Bill cut more than half. Very happy.

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

basically exactly where im at $150 a month for internet + cable
    ive found a solid internet package for $80 a month so id be saving $70 a month
    minus the $5-10 a month on IPTVS it adds up big time tbh... really just comes down to if the IPTVS will be reliable enough
    I've had Nitro for 15 months, no problems.

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    I've had Nitro for 15 months, no problems.
    never heard of that one.... tbh ill probably try a few IPTV free trials ( most give one ) and see which i like best with no buffering, tv guide setup and channel selection

a lot of people say they have 1 main IPTV and 1 back up but i dont really wanna do that tbh, would be nice to just have 1 solid IPTV even if it costs a bit extra which would be like $15 max youre saving a ton in the end of things, plus a lot of these IPTVS allow multiple connections so you can share with friends or family, unless youre doing multiple connections in the household

firekillex

what kind of internet package / speeds do you need for these streams to run smoothly by the way if anybody knows ??

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

For example... sometimes Xfinity/Comcast will run a promotion 75 mbps for $30.00 a month (Detroit Area.) I think for Kodi to work well... you might need at least 30 mbps per box. (That's what I've heard... hopefully other posters can chime in and give their opinion.) Of course... that doesn't include anything else in your household that uses consistent WIFI etc.
    think it all depends who controls lines underground - where im at cox - basically the comcast/xfinity - controls majority so they jack prices up each year and run no deals - the only competing internet company told me best/fastest they could do was 10 mbps and they still wanted $50-$60. You prob need min 50 mbps to operate imo.

A joke i dropped everything my basic metropcs phone is quicker

beavis13
    beavis13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Only tv I watch is sports for the most part and I watch at bars so no cable for me. Netflix and HBO go is enough for home viewing.

Demonata

never heard of that one.... tbh ill probably try a few IPTV free trials ( most give one ) and see which i like best with no buffering, tv guide setup and channel selection

a lot of people say they have 1 main IPTV and 1 back up but i dont really wanna do that tbh, would be nice to just have 1 solid IPTV even if it costs a bit extra which would be like $15 max youre saving a ton in the end of things, plus a lot of these IPTVS allow multiple connections so you can share with friends or family, unless youre doing multiple connections in the household
    I might have an iptv you can try. Hacked one like a year ago i just got to find it.

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    I might have an iptv you can try. Hacked one like a year ago i just got to find it.
    sweet bro , keep me posted would appreciate it

Demonata

sweet bro , keep me posted would appreciate it
    I found it. I sent you a pm. Try it out and see what you think. I tried iptv but i ended up realizing i only use it for sports so can get any sport from an app with clearer picture. For movies and tv shows i use Netflix or torrents anyway. Or i use a direct tv account i hacked as well. So i don't need to pay anything at all but my internet.

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    I found it. I sent you a pm. Try it out and see what you think. I tried iptv but i ended up realizing i only use it for sports so can get any sport from an app with clearer picture. For movies and tv shows i use Netflix or torrents anyway. Or i use a direct tv account i hacked as well. So i don't need to pay anything at all but my internet.
    Cinema HD / CyberFlix APK dont even need KODI
    then just DL VLC player / MX player can watch anything VOD super easy instead of typing everything out and finding links

definitely just need IPTV for sports mainly i dont even watch anything else... UFC ppvs and some NBA/NFL mainly ... hopefully that bum Elias gets KOD this weekend

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

It will be another sleeper with his hand raised....
    Cinema HD / CyberFlix APK dont even need KODI
    then just DL VLC player / MX player can watch anything VOD super easy instead of typing everything out and finding links

definitely just need IPTV for sports mainly i dont even watch anything else... UFC ppvs and some NBA/NFL mainly ... hopefully that bum Elias gets KOD this weekend

firekillex

update
    Elias sucks and is the worst UFC fighter ever getting bood in his own country ( mine as well ) haha

and update regarding the cord cutting... been 2 weeks and couldnt be happier.. saving $65 a month

bought a firestick 4k , wireless small keyboard and adapter to use with the Firestick for easier use.... $8 IPTV a month and thats all you need...... IPTV has more channels than i originally had, HD and very solid streams not too much buffering if ever .... cancelled netflix as well which saves another $12 a month because the APKS are Netflix but with every tv show/movie youd need

i also got a vpn for 3 years just in case.. but definitely worth while IMO , cable is a scam and IPTV is the future imo for a fraction of the price no reason not too do it

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Question
    My choices for fast internet are all pretty expensive so saving money by streaming is tough
    Any ideas???
    Anybody ever switch to Straight Talk for internet???

slambam

Fire - what IPTV you using?

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

I have Nitro and signed up with Sportz, Nitro is better. It seems Sportz buffers more to me. Its good, just not Nitro good. Its a good backup.

Esco
    Esco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2725

I have IPTV (TV over the internet). I pay only $15/month and get 5,000 channels.

Cable TV is for suckers. Research shows most people only watch 15 to 20 channels, yet you're paying for a few hundred

Esco

what is everybodys fav IPTV service ?
    www.upmaker.org
    https://expressiptv.com/

firekillex

my only problem so far is my IPTV works perfect in my living room where the modem/internet is
    but in the other room it can get laggy sometimes? i have a very solid internet so im not sure what i gotta do to fix this...
    will be doing research this week to fix the problem , anybody else have this problem??

and regarding finding an iptv service just go here and ask around/ get trials and see what you like best
    https://www.reddit.com/r/iptvresellers/

slambam

Assuming you're on wifi, look into wifi extenders, that should help your issue.

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    Assuming you're on wifi, look into wifi extenders, that should help your issue.
    i will look into that, ill check amazon
    its weird because the room isnt super far away but the quality goes very downhill compared to the living room.....

i was thinking of running an ethernet cable to the room but id probably need an adapter for the stick to do that.... the extender sounds like a solid alternative

Esco

i was thinking of running an ethernet cable to the room but id probably need an adapter for the stick to do that
    This ^^

Run a super long ethernet cable from livingroom to bedroom.
    Thats what I do in my condo. The one I bought is 100ft long: https://www.amazon.com/Ethernet-Inte...s%2C174&sr=8-3

Running IPTV over Wifi is a horrible idea.

Also I have 2 IPTV subscriptions that I run over 2 separate Dreamlink T2's.
    If some of the channels on one sub are down I change it over to the 2nd one.
    Usually the 2nd one will work fine.

You will never find an IPTV service where all the channels will work 100% of the time with no stuttering.
    It simply doesnt exist

First 1234 Last