jts1207
    jts1207's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 242

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    He wasn't good but he's better than Osweiler and Derek Anderson, they're both starting QBs right now. That doesn't get into backups.

Blaine Gabbert. He lost his job to him and started protesting to stay relevant.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3521

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    He wasn't good but he's better than Osweiler and Derek Anderson, they're both starting QBs right now. That doesn't get into backups.
    The guy doesn't want to play backup,egos to big for that.The guy could have went to the CFL like Manziel did but like I said his ego is to big for that.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11889

Quote Originally Posted by jts1207 View Post
    They don't understand. Can't reason with them.
    I know but I still try...

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Trump was onto Kelly long before everyone else. He is sharp.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Donald Sterling is probably a piece of shit racist but the point I was making is should he have been stripped of his Clipper ownership and murdered in the media because of a private conversation that was leaked? I don't think so..

Should you lose your job or business Grits for your racist rambling rant posts on this forum? I don't think so either...

That's when the media and or business corporations become to powerful and can ruin peoples lives.. Should Megyn Kelly been fired and lost her show for her comments made when describing what she remembered as a kid? No I don't think so..

See where I'm getting at?
    I can't lose my job pussyboy as I own all of my businesses.

Was nice smoking a fat joint in Dodgers park last night watching all the sorry ass Dodger fans cry when their team lost WS .....again.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Kelly is about to get 79 million.. I don't feel sorry for her now...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...xit-talks.html

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14392

I enjoy Halloween, as does she .

Johnnythunder
    Johnnythunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 863

she went after trump in order to land a gig on liberal top tier tv...she faked them out...they bought it...she showed her true colors...they ate her alive...she is a self serving lowlife without a filter and lacks perspective - typical lawyer - and mental case. the outcome was inevitable.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19480

Just got done explaining what I thought was black face to one of my black friends, who is 26, and I don't even know if I'm right.

Sooooo, black face is when white actors in the 1950's would put black face makeup on to play the role of a black person, because Hollywood didnt want to hire black people to play black characters.
    Curious? How far am I off on the black face thing? Because I just tried to explain it to a black person why it was wrong. Did I get this right? Or did I forget miss some information.

Oh well if I missed some information, I couldn't even explain it to a black person, which is how irrelevant the topic is, anyways.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Darrell funny you mention that, Im really not certain what it is either. Just remember hearing about it one day on the news think “what the fukk is black face”, and to this day I still think that every time. Even if it is the obvious, I just dont understand it

packerd_00

Kelly is about to get 79 million.. I don't feel sorry for her now...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...xit-talks.html
    I said to you before in the thread she would be fine Rich people problems mate.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Liberal definition and history of BLACKFACE in the link below.. This link below covers it all...

Basically an oppressed time for blacks and whites made fun of black people with the black face in acting skits, even black people were wearing black face and acting and that was demeaning because they had very little options and had to do it...

I think it's overblown, blackface was full of comedy mostly...

Just white people back in the day trying to look black for the most part, create comedy.. Costume and comedy...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/history-of-blackface-unmasking-the-racism-reignited-by-megyn-kelly-controversy/

packerd_00

Use to be called Minstrels,I doubt many people today have any clue about them.Their to shallow.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 11-02-18 at 01:11 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I hate how racially sensitive people are these days.. I look at this way if a black dude painted his face white and wore an orange wig, suit and red tie to look like Trump I would think that's funny and a good costume.. I'd probably get a laugh out of it..

Now if a white guy painted his face black and tried to look like Obama that would be considered extremely racist now for Halloween..

I don't see the big deal if you are just doing it to go in costume on Halloween. Hell you can't even dress as an Indian man or girl as those costumes are now racist and sensitive...

https://www.scarymommy.com/offensive...dian-costumes/

turtledoves
    turtledoves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4603

- minstrel shows in the 1800s-1900s depict black people with big red lips, pitch black skin, eating watermelon, being called stupid n*ggers

for those who view blackface as a harmless halloween costume, maybe they are not connecting with the blackface of the past

how can you not understand how large groups of people are offended when they connect blackface halloween costumes to racist blackface of the past?

edit: i hope to convince you. it is not a good idea to teach little kids to dress up as black people as characters. i can see where you are coming from thinking you are just a person who is playing a specific person/character who is black. maybe you want to put on makeup and play the part if you weren't educated on the matter. but now knowing the historical backdrop of blackface, isn't it a good idea to adjust Halloween costumes and not put on makeup or pretend to stereotype blacks? who gives a shit about halloween costumes, just be batman or something. not wearing makeup and pretending to be black doesn't seem like some horrible thing you have to endure to not offend some people.

Last edited by turtledoves; 10-31-18 at 06:18 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ I guess.. Still it all happened so long ago, slavery and those times are long gone.. So if you are white you can't dress as any famous black man today in any costume just because it's always gonna be offensive and racist.. That kinda sucks..

Sounds a little off to me.. I understand though you probably shouldn't dress up as Hitler as that might offend jews also. So I kinda understand it all.. Kind of.. Still any random black costume isn't exactly Hitler though in comparison IMO..
    Points Awarded:

turtledoves gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

darrell74

kid was terrorized, and called a racist, because of a school project.

If you're an adult and think it's okay to pick on little kids like this, something is wrong with you, clearly

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post

kid was terrorized, and called a racist, because of a school project.

If you're an adult and think it's okay to pick on little kids like this, something is wrong with you, clearly
    Seems like they just told him to wash him face.

Anyway typical stuff. Says he loves blacks people, and doesn't want to insult or be mean to them. But the second a black person tells him they dont like what's he's doing, instead of listening and respecting their wishes, hes like "No. Its a costume!" And them he's parents defending aren't helping.

Instead of learning about listening to people and empathy, he just learned he can do whatever he wants...fuk if it actually bothers someone else.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Seems as tho whites wanna be black. Blaring their music, talking like them and wearing their clothes like them.
    I think there's a name for them, I forget..........

darrell74

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Seems as tho whites wanna be black. Blaring their music, talking like them and wearing their clothes like them.
    Snowflakes
    Democrats
    Not that hard sir
    You're waffling on a no-brainer

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

^^ I guess.. Still it all happened so long ago, slavery and those times are long gone.. So if you are white you can't dress as any famous black man today in any costume just because it's always gonna be offensive and racist.. That kinda sucks..

Sounds a little off to me.. I understand though you probably shouldn't dress up as Hitler as that might offend jews also. So I kinda understand it all.. Kind of.. Still any random black costume isn't exactly Hitler though in comparison IMO..
    Yeah I think it's been really misinterpreted.

A white person using black make up should not be deemed racist and I'll take Kelly's side on this because she was discussing first hand experience and cited an actual non disparaging example of Diana Ross.

When used to spoof the race such as in the Amos and Andy examples where the black face is paired w menacing lips and other exaggerated features than yes, that's clearly racists.

This is just another example of the left and their misguided view of the world going completely nuts over nothing.
    Points Awarded:

turtledoves gave MinnesotaFats 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post

A white person using black make up should not be deemed racist and I'll take Kelly's side on this because she was discussing first hand experience and cited an actual non disparaging example of Diana Ross.

When used to spoof the race such as in the Amos and Andy examples where the black face is paired w menacing lips and other exaggerated features than yes, that's clearly racists.

This is just another example of the left and their misguided view of the world going completely nuts over nothing.
    I agree with this post...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

MaltedHopsFrenzy
    MaltedHopsFrenzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7439

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    I had no problem with Whitechicks,doesnt seem like it goes both ways though.

Funny, this was just on HBO last week - nobody has a problem with it.....

turtledoves

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post

That is a valid point, the intentions of a Halloween costume might not be to dehumanize blacks as it was in the past with blackface.
    What about this scenario:

The swastika (as a character 卐 or 卍) is a geometrical figure and an ancient religious icon from the cultures of Eurasia, where it is a symbol of divinity and spirituality in Indian religions and East Asian religions.

If someone from Asia wore a swastika for Halloween for the intention of displaying their religious symbol, would that be acceptable? To some, the swastika symbol is not offensive, to others it is incredibly offensive. Blackface is a symbol of racism to some. It is not exactly the same scenario as the swastika is a geometric pattern and more widely known as an offensive symbol.

turtledoves

nobody complains about whiteface

turtledoves

^^ I guess.. Still it all happened so long ago, slavery and those times are long gone..
    you can argue the effects of blackface influenced laws that lasted up until the 1960s. ~ 50 years ago was not that long ago. Might not be slavery but still racist laws

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Well I liked the movie Black Panther, white kids on Halloween I guess are now forbidden by racial law in this Country to try and dress up and look like the movie character.

I think it's all hogwash...

packerd_00

And some black people want to be white,whats your point.People want to be alot of diffrent things.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by MaltedHopsFrenzy View Post

Funny, this was just on HBO last week - nobody has a problem with it.....
    Excatly,this is acceptable but if someone turns it around,people have a hairy fit.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 11-02-18 at 01:21 AM.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8491

"Megyn Kelly is no longer an employee of NBC,” the network said.

Megyn Kelly Leaves NBC with $69,000,000.00 Payout

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    "Megyn Kelly is no longer an employee of NBC,” the network said.

Megyn Kelly Leaves NBC with $69,000,000.00 Payout

Well she wins at life Jesus

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    Snowflakes
    Democrats
    Not that hard sir
    You're waffling on a no-brainer
    The biggest snow flake of them all lives in penn avenues