Betpoints: 47603

Phish
    Primus
    Cypress Hill
    Snoop Dog, Dr Dre and Eminem

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3804

Seen a lot of great shows but probably my favorite had to be the Deep Purple
    Perfect Strangers reunion in 84. It was phenomenal. Ritchie Blackmore was
    rolling all over the place.

L8night
    I don't know who he is?I never met him
    L8night's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7987

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    ^
    My pleasure, I have a milestone birthday tomorrow and did some reflecting which was the reason why I started this thread.Now if you ask my brother he'll tell you any Pink Floyd show, can't argue with that;Two honorable mentions;Huey Lewis and the News, and I saw Pink open for Lenny Kravitz. Pink covered Janis Joplin to perfection. Blew me the fukk away.
    Do you know who can cover Janis to perfection? Nobody (Pink did)
    Little known fact about INXS is even though Hutchens was the front man and driving force, they'd be nothing if it wasn't for the three Farriss brothers.

This one is for you brother.
    Listen to the way drummer Jon Farriss takes over around the 1:00 mark.

The nature of your tragedy
    Is chained around your neck
    Do you lead or are you lead
    Are you sure that you don't care

There are reasons here to give your life
    And follow in your way
    The passion lives to keep your faith
    Though all are different, all are great

Climbing as we fall

Here's a bonus track for you brother.
    You think the thousands at Wembley were pumped?

First Happy Birthday and a big thanks for the vids, that concert the sound was so clear, they were amazing, sorry I didn't get to see them live, I did get to see Huey in Frisco, loved it

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9300

Happy milestone Mr Nash.

39?

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6530

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Seen a lot of great shows but probably my favorite had to be the Deep Purple
    Perfect Strangers reunion in 84. It was phenomenal. Ritchie Blackmore was
    rolling all over the place.

sam74
    sam74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1496

Pink Floyd at Bobby Dodd stadium in 92 or 93. Free ticket and ride, sitting across the playing field from anyone I knew, fungus, back up smoke, end of the aisle next to a young lady (probably my age or close) and her parents. Good trip, in total control. It was like they hit the play button on a CD. For "time" or maybe it was "any colour you like" or "money" can't remember which they robotically erected a big disco ball in the middle of the stadium hit it with a spot light or five and spun her around first one way and then the other.

Black Crowes at Tennessee Theater back in 98 or 99. Feeling good, remember everything except how I got home. Ran across some high school buddies otherwise I probably wouldn't have made it through the whole thing or even to my seat. I actually didn't make it to my seat I hung out with them.

Lynyrd Skynyrd a few times but at the World's Fair park back in 94 or 95 was the best. Bad Company was there and someone else. Bad Company sounded like they weren't into it. Skynyrd came out and cranked it up about three times as loud rocking it. Love me some good guitar whaling. Working for MCA, Freebird, Tuesdays Gone.

Allman Brothers numerous times various venues. I've seen them more than anyone and they were always good. They rock or did. Wish I could have seen them again on their farewell tour.

Page/Plant and that thing they did with the orchestra back in 95 or 96. Fungused again. I swear you could see Plant getting visibly frustrated with Page's guitar solos. It seemed short but good. Sat there waiting for an encore until they were putting up the fold up chairs on the floor of the gym and figured it must be over. Damn.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29905

The Damaged Justice/Operation Mindcrime concert was the first one that really blew me away. Queensryche played the entire album accompanied by a video/movie projected on a big screen in the back of the set. Metallica played 15+ songs from their first 4 albums and just killed it.

The original 7 Lollapaloozas were all great and the first 3 are my favorite shows of any I've ever been to.
    The main and side stages were loaded with great bands.

Other great shows:
    KMFDM, 16 Volt, Army of the Universe and Human Factors Lab (now Seven Factor)
    KMFDM, PIG and Dink
    Body Count, Prong, D.R.I. and Pro-pain
    Cypress Hill, Beastie Boys and 311
    Tool and Mad Cow
    Day on the Hill 1992 - Pearl Jam, Tribe after Tribe, Let's Go Bowling and Zoom
    Testament, Sanctuary and Vio-lence.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32429

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Happy milestone Mr Nash.

39?
    Thank you for that Opt.
    39? Umm, something like that.

Scratch
    Update your status
    Scratch's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7328

18 years ago today Oct 21, 2000

Hara Arena
    Dayton Ohio

Stone Temple Pilots. Scott Weiland was still with them back then.

Godsmack and Disturbed both opened.

Disturbed had just started to get radio play. Stupify was the only song being played on the radio at the time, but they played a bunch of songs from the Sickness album. Wish I had known more of their songs before the concert, but ended up seeing them again a few years later.

Just thought it was cool to see three bands of their caliber together w/o being a festival or shortened shows by any of them.

stevenash

Couple more I neglected.
    Tom Petty (Jones Beach)
    Perfect show, Petty is the king of chord progressions.
    RIP Mr. Petty

I'm a huge Rickie Lee Jones fan, saw her in a small venue (Fairfield Ct.) sat 5 feet from her.
    She's a genius.

stevenash

This is what I mean when I say The Killers leave nothing on the table.
    They just bring it and bring it some more.
    3:00 mark of this video is spine tingling.

beavis13
    beavis13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Springsteen Holloween night ‘84 LA Sports Arena. Anyone who saw him from 75-85 will have one of his shows in any list.

Pearl Jam/Rollins band The Warfield (relatively small club in SF). Second album was just about to come out and they killed it as did Rollins even though he only did one Black Flag song.

Metallica/GnR Oakland Coliseum. Both bands as big as ever (even though it was like a two hour wait after Metallica finished to get to GnR

Sublime. 2nd stage at lollapalooza Had no idea who they were. Was blown away. Think Brad died a couple months later.

Tom Petty. Seen him dozens of times and was lucky enough to see one of his last shows (think he played two more) in Berkeley

Bad Religion/Face to Face/Alkaline Trio/Lawrence Arms. 4 of my fave smaller punk bands (ok not bad religion) playing a tiny club. The only show ever i didn’t let myself start drinking till it was half over

Johnny Gunn
    Johnny Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I'll go back to 5th grade and my very first concert, we went and saw ** Hammer and Vanilla Ice opened for him before he was famous/infamous. All I remember that he was dry humping the couch for half the show. My 2nd concert in 7th grade was no other than Milli Vanilli, ha ha!

Pearl Jam at Wrigley Field was amazing because Eddie Vedder is the man and I also love the Cubs. Metallica was pretty cool to say the least, they played on a circle stage that slowly rotated around. Also, STP/Tool/Korn/Alice in Chains/Red Hot Chili Peppers/etc. That's just a few hard to remember when you're so messed up on all kinds of drugs. I love rap but avoided those concerts due to my whiteness and fear of getting beat up, shot or man raped in the bathroom.

Johnny Gunn

If I could time travel back to 1 decade it would definitely be the 70s, minus the disco well maybe some disco, I would put it #1 if I didn't grow up in the 90s. Here a lot of chatter about Queen and also a huge fan, looking forward to that new movie coming out.

beavis13
    beavis13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Gunn View Post
    If I could time travel back to 1 decade it would definitely be the 70s, minus the disco well maybe some disco, I would put it #1 if I didn't grow up in the 90s. Here a lot of chatter about Queen and also a huge fan, looking forward to that new movie coming out.
    Agree here. Movie looks great so far.

Ph q all
    Ph q all's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2902

The Gorge Amphitheater in Washington... Dave Matthews. Sun setting behind the stage backdrop is the ocean....doesn't get better than that

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11985

Elvis Presley in Hawaii.. I'm kidding...

I really liked UB40 a decade ago at the Greek Theater in Hollywood, California. I had great seats, good company, and a good buzz.. UB40 killed it also...

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Jethro Tull on the Aqualung tour was a great gig BC. (Before Cellphones)

I remember the aroma of weed wafting through the Garden. That hasn't changed.

A.M.S.
    A.M.S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 667

Candlebox ... Flaming lips.. concert was in a high school gym back in 1995

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

John Fogerty at the Hollywood Bowl on 4th of July a few years ago was an awesome concert that I attended.. Played all his CCR songs and sounded great.. It was a beautiful night, fireworks after.. Loved it!!!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

#3 Earth Wind and Fire at the bowl.. That was another a great performance and concert.. Those concerts stand out to me the most in recent times and I've seen everyone over the years.. Big concert goer was Jibs...

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    #3 Earth Wind and Fire at the bowl.. That was another a great performance and concert.. Those concerts stand out to me the most in recent times and I've seen everyone over the years.. Big concert goer was Jibs...
    Earth Wind and Fire was a tremendous act!

Here's one of the greatest guitar riffs in rock history.

L8night
    I don't know who he is?I never met him
    L8night's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7987

Earth Wind and Fire was a tremendous act!

Here's one of the greatest guitar riffs in rock history.

Another great memory, crowd sounded good, too. I have a feeling "Suicide Blonde" is next.LOL Thanks
    Last edited by L8night; 10-23-18 at 06:53 PM.

Roscoe_Word

Shit, I forgot the Stones at the Garden (early 70s). They were prohibited from playing "Sympathy For The Devil" in fear of the crowd getting out-of-hand.

Popped over to The Garden early on ticket day for Zeppelin. It was pandemonium the night before. People busted in and were drinking and smokin weed on the ice. Gig was cancelled.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2465

Quote Originally Posted by DABOOK View Post
    Pearl Jam Halloween 2009. The very last event at the Legendary Spectrum. The house that Dr. J built. Almost 40 songs over 4 hours. Closed out with an iconic Star Spangle Banner Guitar solo by Mike McCready with Ticker Tape. Amazing night.

I was there! It would be my top pick too but local radio stations were hyping this concert as "this generation's The Last Waltz" and there was going to be tons of special guests including Neil Young, Tom Waits, Bruce Springsteen, members of various Seattle grunge bands, and on and on. Turns out that was just hype that the band put to rest after the first song. "It's just us guys!" Though they did break out every conceivable rarity during the set!

Roscoe_Word

Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post
    I was there! It would be my top pick too but local radio stations were hyping this concert as "this generation's The Last Waltz" and there was going to be tons of special guests including Neil Young, Tom Waits, Bruce Springsteen, members of various Seattle grunge bands, and on and on. Turns out that was just hype that the band put to rest after the first song. "It's just us guys!" Though they did break out every conceivable rarity during the set!
    As Dick Vitale would say: "That's awesome baby, with a capital A."

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe_Word View Post
    Shit, I forgot the Stones at the Garden (early 70s). They were prohibited from playing "Sympathy For The Devil" in fear of the crowd getting out-of-hand.

Popped over to The Garden early on ticket day for Zeppelin. It was pandemonium the night before. People busted in and were drinking and smokin weed on the ice. Gig was cancelled.
    Thing with the Stones parts of the shows were lip synced, but nobody (maybe Hutchence) could strut like Mick.
    Killers are my all time favorite band, followed by Queen, but Led Zep was the greatest rock band ever.

Here's a show I wish I saw.

Mark Knopfler is a top five all time guitarist, Jack Sonni was fantastic on guitar as well (he's totally enjoying himself here) and John Illsley on bass you could argue the greatest trio of all time. Love the way Jack and Mark duck walk off the stage to end the show. The Aussie's had a blast.

Joey Vigs
    Joey Vigs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

Britney Spears

Roscoe_Word

Thing with the Stones parts of the shows were lip synced, but nobody (maybe Hutchence) could strut like Mick.
    Killers are my all time favorite band, followed by Queen, but Led Zep was the greatest rock band ever.

Here's a show I wish I saw.

Mark Knopfler is a top five all time guitarist, Jack Sonni was fantastic on guitar as well (he's totally enjoying himself here) and John Illsley on bass you could argue the greatest trio of all time. Love the way Jack and Mark duck walk off the stage to end the show. The Aussie's had a blast.

Thank God for good music, Steve. Definitely liked Dire Straits.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Monsters of Rock Tour 1988!!!!!

Van Halen
    Scorpions
    Dokken
    Metallica
    Kingdom Come

Roscoe_Word

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Monsters of Rock Tour 1988!!!!!

Van Halen
    Scorpions
    Dokken
    Metallica
    Kingdom Come
    Holy Shit! Fade To Black!

Johnny Gunn

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Elvis Presley in Hawaii.. I'm kidding...

I really liked UB40 a decade ago at the Greek Theater in Hollywood, California. I had great seats, good company, and a good buzz.. UB40 killed it also...

That's a good one about Elvis! Just saw a documentary on him and that concert was a pretty big deal.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2846

best groups ever I've seen in concert in no particular order:

1)KISS
    2)IRON MAIDEN
    3)AC DC

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    hank jr and kid rock (kid follows hank's script for putting on a great show, can totally control/captivate the audience).....
    My brother just went to his show last month and days the same thing about kid

Roscoe_Word

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    best groups ever I've seen in concert in no particular order:

1)KISS
    2)IRON MAIDEN
    3)AC DC
    Awesome Lineup. Everyone's different, but back in the day I couldn't understand how some people liked disco.
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave Roscoe_Word 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

First 123 Last