PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

Brickman, at 11 yrs old, you pushed the envelope and have a scar?

that is what we do at 11 and 17

doing it after 30, 40 or ... suggests mental illness

you are straight in my eyes, if it matters

PittsburghPlayer

w/ cameras on the highways and interstates, one really has to pick and choose their spots to hammer down now a days

concerning sport bikes, they belong on the track not the streets - any experienced rider will agree

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

I would never ride on the street today. Offroad only but to each their own.

My last street bike was a 1981 CB 650.

I still ride on the back roads sometimes but that's technically illegal
    Last edited by Snowball; 09-27-19 at 01:09 PM.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghPlayer View Post
    Brickman, at 11 yrs old, you pushed the envelope and have a scar?

that is what we do at 11 and 17

doing it after 30, 40 or ... suggests mental illness

you are straight in my eyes, if it matters
    Yup, emergency room, stitches. Middle finger was almost crushed, had purple shit hanging out of it

PittsburghPlayer

if Seaweed were to ever start a thread asking the best day of our lives, Brickman and me not kicking each other in the nutz would come in 2nd!

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

Honda 90, over 50 years ago...

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghPlayer View Post
    w/ cameras on the highways and interstates, one really has to pick and choose their spots to hammer down now a days

concerning sport bikes, they belong on the track not the streets - any experienced rider will agree

I'm what they call a "squid" (no helmet, jacket, gloves, boots or any of that shit) just a guy in a tee shirt and safety glasses out hot dogin for young tail.

If that 1000 hits the pavement I'm basically fukked.

I cant were all that shit in the dead of summer. Way to hot.

PittsburghPlayer

I`m not a full-time squid but know the feeling and freedom, though not wearing gloves bothers me

there s just something about when a driver has to flip someone the bird and having black leather covering your hands to be better understood
    fukker an hour ago asked me to pull-over, to fight, I flipped him off again and took off before the light turned green

PittsburghPlayer

after further review, some would say I`m a squid full-fukking-time

tonight was eventful, met w/ woman ... long story short, 3 hot women (1 darker than this 1/2 day-go) on the bike at a party and all was well until the cocaine appeared (the shit makes me nervous unless cooked into crack-balls)

this squid jetted home (3 miles) shortly after in a moderate rain, 2 bong-hits happy now

too old for that shit or to be around it, which sucks, I`ve gone black and willing to go back

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14392

Best of luck with your future wagers, PP

PittsburghPlayer

yeah, thanks Boston

Motorcycle season is over other than what will be a few hit and miss days from here on out. A trip to Lake Placid or Lake Ontario, if I am lucky, I can crack the 15,000 mile mark for season. Then the bike will be inside (dining not living room) to be taken apart/cleaned and used as a seat to watch the tube and puff a doob some winter days.

A lot of miles, no close calls!

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

About 3 months ago I picked up a 2007 Hayabusa off a friend. Had 6k miles and runs great.

Put about 5k miles on it, got new rims bc the rear lip was bent, powder coated them and threw some Pirellis on bc I ride in the mountains so much. New shorty brake and clutch levers, new oil and spark plugs and new led lights for headlamps.

Its a blast to ride. A big bike with more torque than I could ever want. Its actually pretty fukking confortable relative to the R1. Stock swingarm so the wheelbase isn’t terrible and tight turns are doable.

Planning on a ride from SF to LA soon, taking the 1 down the coast from Montorrey to SLO.

PittsburghPlayer

Not too many stock bikes with more power than mine but yours is one of them Krakman. Frankly your bike is pretty damn intimidating. My `18 KawiConcours took a lot of concentration the once or twice that I really wound the motor out this year and I am pretty certain I never will again. Looking back the 1st couple gears were scary.

When people tell you to be careful, do you have difficulty telling them that you are, even when doing a hundred and ...? I always just say "thanks man' or "thank you, I will".

Enjoy the women and the scenery on your run south and back!

The Kraken

I love the Concourse, that is a fukkn beast, and so comfortable. One of the better bikes on the road. I considered getting one but my buddy was selling this Busa and gave me a good deal so I took it

Ya cracks me up when ppl tell me to be careful. Im thinking “ya thanks, i hdnt considered that” as Im wearing nearly $2500 in gear. And with that said, most of what I do is anything but safe getting up in the mtns and seeing if I can take a corner at 60, and then 70, lol. You get it.

PittsburghPlayer

At least you spelled Concourse correctly! Yes the bike is more sport than tourer and is as comfortable as a leather couch. For this moment I am about to run her out at 47 degrees, hoping I have on enough layers and that my nuts do not retreat to my abdomen to stay warm.
    Last edited by PittsburghPlayer; 10-03-19 at 08:44 AM. Reason: did it again and is 43 degrees

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

We have many rooster riders here. Dunno bout motorcycles!! Lol.

I always wanted a rice rocket but anytime I was in position to get one my ex wife flexed her muscles and put her foot down. Lol. Don’t get me wrong, I typically do what I want but her argument that I mangle myself was probably valid! Lol. I used to ride dirt bikes when I was a kid.

The Kraken

I’ll be honest Banker, I love riding and Im certain you’d figure it out, but its a roll of the dice. I look back at all my close calls and wonder how Im alive. Some were because I was being an idiot, others because people just didn’t see me, gravel in the corners, I’ve come within milliseconds of hitting a deer and I was going between 90-100, had a wild turkey run in front of me recently doing 60, seen friends hit/get hit by birds, etc....

Had a good friend about 15 years ago that was an inexperienced rider, took a corner going maybe 25-30mph, nothing extreme. Back tire broke loose, he slammed on the brakes and sat up, bike caught traction and he high sided into an embankment, must’ve hit just right. He was dead almost instantly. Autopsy showed he sheared his aorta and he was only doing 30

I got so many stories as Im sure PP does, I never really encourage anyone to start riding. Just seen too much, had too many close calls and I’ve been riding 20 years

PittsburghPlayer

Yes Krakman, it does not take much to be injured or dead on these machines. The story you tell of an inexperienced rider taking a turn 4 or 5 mph too fast reminds me of me when I 1st learned to ride, but I was only 2 or 3 mph heavy into that turn.
    Other drivers have yet to bother me as I always leave myself an out, as you have done or we would be in a wheelchair/dead.

On that note, momentarily I leave on my last ride for the year.

edit: next week me and a pal will bring the bike inside, through the front door and into the dining room
    over the coming months I will take all the plastic off and clean everything that I can get my paws on before putting it back together
    fukk, may as well call it 5 months beginning of April before I am back in the saddle
    oh well, knew the score going in and was fortunate to make it this far, 15,078 miles on the year
    Last edited by PittsburghPlayer; 11-01-19 at 01:50 PM.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Its really dumb

why??

So much more traffic on the roads now and crazy drivers your chances are very high to get hit
    not if you live in Tennessee

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

My last bike was a cbr 1000rr. But it honestly was just too fast for street riding and not super comfortable. I got more enjoyment from my 600. But at almost 30 it’s time to just get a cruiser and a dirt bike to do wild stuff on.

PittsburghPlayer

so long as we all agree that Harley`s are overrated and that if you need a loud pipe to save your life, you might be better off on a bicycle

loud pipes save lives is bullshit, learn to drive your bikes bitches without annoying everything and one around you

PittsburghPlayer

love when the air turns cooler, think the fuel burns more efficiently and the motor becomes even more powerful
    Last edited by PittsburghPlayer; 11-24-19 at 03:05 AM.

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

Can't stand when I got some idiot behind me on a crotch rocket..I slow down on purpose just to fck wth those idiots. Bikers are a weird bunch

dannydiceman
    dannydiceman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1023

Ninja Kawasaki guy here

PittsburghPlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Heltah Skeltah View Post
    Can't stand when I got some idiot behind me on a crotch rocket..I slow down on purpose just to fck wth those idiots. Bikers are a weird bunch
    Quote Originally Posted by dannydiceman View Post
    Ninja Kawasaki guy here
    Heltah, you will receive no argument from me on your statement . . . 1/3 of the riders out there piss me off too, for giving us good guys a bad name

Dicedude, Kawi`s and all Jap bikes rule. The motors are bullet-proof. Sure, if someone wants only 2 cylinders, Harleys and the like are fine. As are bicycles.

PittsburghPlayer

motorcyclists that live in the northern US, do you have snowmobiles for the winter?

and am I the only one here with their motorcycle in the dining room?

PittsburghPlayer

nice to see OP back
    assume that you are well Krakman
    cool
    18 more hours
    fukk yeah
    Last edited by PittsburghPlayer; 03-07-20 at 03:29 PM.

PittsburghPlayer

hope Bear makes a thread before and after this post

most of you will not give a fukk
    here we go, yesterday ran the bike for the 1st time w/ full synthetic motor oil and instead of 20-50, I used 15-40
    not even going to post the speed we ran, enough to make me seriously consider selling the machine how fast the bike is

but right now I`m jumping on her and northbound

First 12