cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Obviously we aren't going to be able to get rid of guns altogether 300 million guns in the United States. Unless the government does a buyback program which they wouldn't do because they like to spend so much money on the middle east problems. I've never been a huge gun fan but i know they won't go away so have to deal with it. I like the idea of raising the age to purchase guns to 21 years old would be a good start, Fla just passed that. Having a well trained and armed security officer in schools will also help. Might deter the shooter from going thru with the plan also the shooter can be stopped sooner.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRocks View Post
    No one is coming to take your guns away......Paranoia will destroya...
    Nobody is paranoid, I don't give a rats ass because its all smoke. It's a waste of time to talk about this.. It will never happen, just makes good news for people to get all riled up.

sam9ball
    Update Status
    sam9ball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2353

Today's youth are brainwashed with all the violence in Video games. Shoot-em up slash them up. Parents in today's society buy their children these games and use them as babysitters so they don't have to deal with their children. All the kids are asking for is some attention from those they call Parents.
    If parents would give their kids more one on one time, I really feel that would help to solve this totally screwed up society we have brought upon ourselves.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Roadtrip635

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

thing is

they know the media will cover it and they can get the attention they are craving

if the media stopped reporting it, it would stop happening as much

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

I blame Ronald regan- he shut down all the mental institutions

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by sam9ball View Post
    Today's youth are brainwashed with all the violence in Video games. Shoot-em up slash them up. Parents in today's society buy their children these games and use them as babysitters so they don't have to deal with their children. All the kids are asking for is some attention from those they call Parents.
    If parents would give their kids more one on one time, I really feel that would help to solve this totally screwed up society we have brought upon ourselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    thing is

they know the media will cover it and they can get the attention they are craving

if the media stopped reporting it, it would stop happening as much
    The two best posts in the thread. It is absolutely shocking the level of graphic gun violence in these games kids play. Add to that the media notoriety a shooter gets in this voracious media crazy world and u have the actual causes of these tragedies.

You see these flawed “studies” claiming gratuitous violence in video games doesn’t cause violent behavior and that the vast majority of kids who play them don’t become violent, but the same holds true, even more so, for gun owners, and there are real reasons to have a gun compared to having violent video games. This is more about the left using tragedies to target a powerful adversary like the nra.
    Last edited by dlowilly; 03-20-18 at 11:01 AM.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    This is false. Look at Australia for your answer.

You don't ban guns... you reduce the amount on the street. It's very simple. Less guns equal less gun violence. Most of these shootings are from people using guns purchased legally. It's too easy to legally get a gun. Gun manufacturers are making more and selling fear so that we all buy them. Start by banning ads selling guns like we did cigarettes, that's a start. Then educate people that owning a gun does not make you safer in most all cases. Studies show the exact opposite. You are more vulnerable with your own gun.
    And we are to believe that this is supposed to happen overnight or even in our lifetimes? No chance, even if a bill were passed it would mean a bigger black market for guns in the short term. Kids would just be buying them off the dark web instead of at Walmart

I don't disagree with the concept of banning guns I just don't think it would work now that everything is how it is.

Like I said the desired effects would take much longer than you'd think while biker gangs or IRA or whoever moves guns would profit greatly

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

This is spot on. Americans have been duped. We have been sold a bill of goods that guns are good, yet 9 times out of 10, they are used for bad. Rarely if ever a gun is used for good, except for hunting but smart, greedy gun manufacturers have sold us on fear. You need this to protect your family. Bullshit. More than likely, your unstable child will use it on you or his classmates before you protect yourself from the boogeyman.

The argument that having more guns equal more safety is as dumb as adding a gun to the school playground in front of 100 kids and they will somehow be able to protect themselves against an outsider. Hell no, some dummy is going to shoot another kid.

This country is full of dummies. Many are not criminals but just dumb as shit. You now put a gun in their hands??? WTF? Why do gun advocates want more guns into the hands of so many dumb people in the US. If you already have your gun, wouldn't it make more sense to slow down others from owning guns? Especially dummies?
    I wouldn't know what feeling of empowerment a gun gives it's owner bc I've never had one

I can handle myself against anyone and in better shape than most but any geek or fata$$ with a gun in a public setting will always have the edge on me no matter what. That's not a dupe it's just a fact, there's no way around it

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

This kinda problem will never be stop - because you can’t stop it

DroopyDog
    DroopyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2078

Video game argument is silly. Once again, violent video games are not only distributed in the US.

And the 60 year old guy who shot up Vegas with an AR 15 ? Shall we blame that on video games? There is no need for any civilian to own an AR 15.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave DroopyDog 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20469

There are armed guards and metal detectors at Airports and Court Houses. Even sports stadiums are now scanning folks and searching bags. Seems like a no-brainer.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDog View Post
    Video game argument is silly. Once again, violent video games are not only distributed in the US.

And the 60 year old guy who shot up Vegas with an AR 15 ? Shall we blame that on video games? There is no need for any civilian to own an AR 15.
    It’s silly to say it’s silly

billions upon billions of dollars are spent on advertising each year by businesses who know for a fact what u want to question, that behavior is significantly affected and controlled by what is seen and heard.

DroopyDog
    DroopyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2078

Yeah the simpletons were easily manipulated to believe the bad black man in the white house was coming for their guns. Now it's rinse and repeat.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    The guns are already out there though. You're going to have to get the 10's of millions of illegal guns off the street first.
    I don't think there's 10's of millions of illegal guns out there. I'm really not worried about them anyway as the illegal guns are mainly in segregated crime areas among gang bangers. I'm more concerned with the millions of legal guns in mommy and daddies closets that kids find and go on crazy shooting sprees at school. We need less guns. Overtime, guns get old and useless just like anything else. I'm all for buy backs, confiscations from random searches, etc. Until we can reduce the number of guns in the US. Hell stop the gun manufacturers from making any for a year or 2.

To sit back and demand nothing is stupid and careless. Look at the cigarette epidemic. It took real tough laws against advertising and better education to bring the numbers down. It worked. We have a gun epidemic and an opioid epidemic. We MUST do something instead of throwing our hands up like victims. I'm tired of gun manufacturers and big pharmacy profiting on our misery.

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

The NRA has struck fear in gun owners as well as CONNED them, especially during the Obama Administration telling gun owners Obama was coming after your guns. NOTHING could be further from the truth......Hey gun owners, during the Obama administration did anyone from the government show up at your door to take your guns away....NO!!! But you gun owners have been brainwashed by the NRA so much that ya'll went out and bought more guns. Matter of fact you bought soooooo many guns that the sales of guns have fallen so much in the last year that a major manufacture, Remington Guns have filed for bankruptcy as well as another gun manufacture has that i don't recall there name now...
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave HockeyRocks 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    There are armed guards and metal detectors at Airports and Court Houses. Even sports stadiums are now scanning folks and searching bags. Seems like a no-brainer.
    Some school districts can barely afford to pay their teachers, how do you suggest they afford armed guards and metal detectors? Especially with a president who's cutting taxes and spending. It's not a bad idea, but I don't think it's logical.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mac is right

We need to ban guns fast

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDog View Post

The same people that blame video games REFUSE to blame guns.

But how ironic. A 9 year old boy just shot and killed his 13 year old sister because she wouldn't give him the game controller. He grabbed a gun from the parents cabinet, went up behind her and shot her in the back of the head. Fukking sad. When are we going to learn? 9 times out of 10 guns are used for bad.

dlowilly

Some of u guys are just jumping to the simplest solution. Yes, if there are no guns there will be no gun violence, but if there is a rape problem on a college campus would u cut all the students’ dikks off too?
    Last edited by shari91; 03-21-18 at 04:48 AM.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20469

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    Some school districts can barely afford to pay their teachers, how do you suggest they afford armed guards and metal detectors? Especially with a president who's cutting taxes and spending. It's not a bad idea, but I don't think it's logical.
    How are we affording it at airports and court houses? Isn't there a TSA surcharge on all airline tickets? Maybe parents should pony up a few bucks to keep their kids safe.

Mac4Lyfe

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mississippi...ry?id=53846915

This is fukking madness. Every day it's the same shit. People getting shot and killed over stupid shit. The common denominator... Dumb asses and a gun.

dlowilly

The same people that blame video games REFUSE to blame guns.

But how ironic. A 9 year old boy just shot and killed his 13 year old sister because she wouldn't give him the game controller. He grabbed a gun from the parents cabinet, went up behind her and shot her in the back of the head. Fukking sad. When are we going to learn? 9 times out of 10 guns are used for bad.
    But no one needs violent video games. There are good uses for guns. There r countless videos of attackers and robbers being shot but some of u guys want to act like those r exceptions.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Finally we have a brave cop that stepped up and shot back and blasted the shooter... Quick action saved lives...

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

this looked to be about a girl

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Some of u guys are just jumping to the simplest solution. Yes, if there are no guns there will be no gun violence, but if there is a rape problem on a college campus would u cut all the students’ dicks off too?
    I am all for cutting off dikks of rapist and chopping off arms of thieves. I'D bet the numbers would go to near zero in just a few months.

You admit, no guns means no gun violence. Well can we at least start with reducing the amount of guns manufactured?
    Last edited by shari91; 03-21-18 at 04:48 AM.

Mac4Lyfe

But no one needs violent video games. There are good uses for guns. There r countless videos of attackers and robbers being shot but some of u guys want to act like those r exceptions.
    I own guns but I cannot honestly give you a good use for my guns.

Can you find examples of good gun use this week? Surely, you can find one?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Population is growing in this Country, you gotta figure there is gonna be more and more crazy murderers out there stepping out of the wood works.. It's a numbers thing.. If it's not a gun it will be knives or a Uhaul Truck also that does the killings.. No stopping crazy.. Arm the schools...

Serial killers are nothing new in this Country...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 03-20-18 at 01:15 PM.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

start with parenting raise kids better with more respect so they wont be little shits as they get older

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

here is the problem

1. republican kids usually pick on democrat kids

2. democrats do shooting (they might have republican parents, but kids are democrat no doubt)

3. when you realize your kid is acting like a democrat, get him to weightlifting and feed him PROTEIN..also get TESTOSTERONE levels checked

we could say hey, all these shootings are usually white...then whites say yea but look at chicago

it is never FEMALE though...we need to get rid of the fukkin pussy ass democrat boys and make them tougher so they dont resort to guns

PERIOD

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ Kids need to stay in school, work hard and not just play violent video games and fart around on social media all day long...

Listening to rap music and do drugs all day long isn't gonna work either for kids in the hoods growing up..

Kids need positive roll models and father figures which many don't have in the hoods..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 03-20-18 at 01:25 PM.

dlowilly

I am all for cutting off dicks of rapist and chopping off arms of thieves. I'D bet the numbers would go to near zero in just a few months.
    That's great but we already do that with criminals. Felons can't legally own or carry a weapon, and thieves are jailed at least eventually. What you are proposing is penalizing the vast majority for the minority, just like cutting all students dicks' off at a college that has a rape problem.

dlowilly

I own guns but I cannot honestly give you a good use for my guns.

Can you find examples of good gun use this week? Surely, you can find one?
    Come on now, like I said the internet is full of videos with citizens with guns defending themselves

Kind of like a lot of insurance, just because you probably won't need to use it doesn't mean you shouldn't have it

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    here is the problem

1. republican kids usually pick on democrat kids

2. democrats do shooting (they might have republican parents, but kids are democrat no doubt)

3. when you realize your kid is acting like a democrat, get him to weightlifting and feed him PROTEIN..also get TESTOSTERONE levels checked

we could say hey, all these shootings are usually white...then whites say yea but look at chicago

it is never FEMALE though...we need to get rid of the fukkin pussy ass democrat boys and make them tougher so they dont resort to guns

PERIOD

Mac4Lyfe

Come on now, like I said the internet is full of videos with citizens with guns defending themselves

Kind of like a lot of insurance, just because you probably won't need to use it doesn't mean you shouldn't have it
    Then it should be easy for you to post a few. For every one you find, there's at least ten that aren't so happy go lucky.

Mac4Lyfe

That's great but we already do that with criminals. Felons can't legally own or carry a weapon, and thieves are jailed at least eventually. What you are proposing is penalizing the vast majority for the minority, just like cutting all students dicks' off at a college that has a rape problem.
    And guess what... most felons don't want to be anywhere near a gun because it's like a death sentence. So laws do work.

I'm not trying to penalize anyone. I'm trying to save dummies from themselves. A lot of Americans are dumb as shit. At least 1 in 5. They should never have access to guns. You already know a lot of people that should never have a gun, we all do. I don't understand why you are trying to give them access?

First 123 Last