Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

HERE WE GO AGAIN.... Another high school shooting... This one in Maryland.....

sad stuff....

guess ol david hogg was wrong when he said "never again"

a few injuries already being reported at this place:

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

guns

ban them

no killings

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

This is honestly ridiculous. Anyone who says the US is just fine and doesn't have a problem with gun violence is being either naive, selfish or intentionally obtuse. Bloody shocking.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    guns

ban them

no killings
    hey JJ.... simple question for you:

do criminals obey the law?

in case I stumped you, the answer is "no".... that's why we call them criminals.....

just like they don't obey laws in that are already in place in every state against MURDER, AGGRAVATED ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON, ATTEMPTED MURDER, AND THOSE PESKY "NO GUNS IN A SCHOOL ZONE" LAWS, they will NOT comply with any fukkin' gun ban.....

get that thru your fukkin' thick skinnned dome.....
    Points Awarded:

Seaweed gave Auto Donk 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

UK rarely shootings last 10 years

We will ban guns it is coming

Trump 2020

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    This is honestly ridiculous. Anyone who says the US is just fine and doesn't have a problem with gun violence is being either naive, selfish or intentionally obtuse. Bloody shocking.
    Come on now Shari. It's a mental health issue. Guns don't kill. Guns are needed to protect oneself against all the violent criminals and the government when they try to break into your home.
    Points Awarded:

Seaweed gave lakerboy 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

What sucks Shari is that it will never end
    banning guns will only help a little bit
    most people that do bad shit come across their guns in illegal ways
    plus if ppl want to randomly hurt others they will always find a way to do so
    just sucks

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1515

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Come on now Shari. It's a mental health issue. Guns don't kill. Guns are needed to protect oneself against all the violent criminals and the government when they try to break into your home.
    People save themselves with guns all the time. I hear 10 stories everyday where that happens.
    Last edited by Bluehorseshoe; 03-20-18 at 08:39 AM.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11490

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post

guess ol david hogg was wrong when he said "never again"
    Goddam what a -- he is.

Btw, Maryland has the most gun restrictive laws in the nation.
    Last edited by shari91; 03-20-18 at 08:31 AM.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11490

Calm down.

shari91

What kind of society is that if they're "needed"? You live in Canada. Other than for hunting, I've never known my family or friends to have a weapon in their home and where people store their rifles and whatnot aren't going to save them from anything. Because when these school or public mass shootings happen anywhere outside the US it's a shock and isn't considered normal behaviour from society. Nor do people try to rationalise it. Yes mental health plays a part. So does bullying and just downright being an evil person. But I'd rather have our children face someone trying to run at them with a knife or baseball bat or whatever than to be able to mow kids down from however far away. This isn't right LB and it's not about violating the privileges we all get as US citizens. It's about this is enough now and happening way too often to be ignored.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave shari91 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bigtymer56, and JAKEPEAVY21

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Calm down.
    How about stop being patronising and start justifying why you think it's ok for this to happen? Friggen hell I just got finished reading a thread about Austin. You all are blind if you think this is acceptable to occur with such frequency in 2018.

Anyway it's not my argument to fight as I no longer live there so best of luck with it all

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Banning guns today will not have the desired outcome by tomorrow, the cat is alrdy out of the bag. Maybe if the decision was made 20 yrs ago, some thins can't be undone

It's comparable to spilling oil in the ocean, the cleanup process will require an exponential amount of time and effort while yielding a less than desired effect

Just bc legislation is won doesn't mean the desired results will occur within a moderate time frame if at all

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

No gun owner is going to give up their legal guns while there are 100 million illegal ones on the streets.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Guns dont kill people

People kill people

Kermit

Here is another possible school shooting that got stopped before it began. The kid's parents turned him in.

http://www.wesh.com/article/parents-...-plot/19487641

The boy's parents say their son had been bullied since starting school at Paw Paw High School, and that things escalated when a picture of the teen in his underwear began circulating. "Since that point, it's just been relentless," the stepfather said, adding that bullies would push the boy into lockers and punch him in the throat.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

The goal is not to fix the problem tomorrow but hopefully in 20 years we don't look back and think "fukk, we made the same mistake again. If only we had taken action in 2018 all would be better today"

The American psyche is indeed quite interesting. For some reason most Americans feel safer with a gun around when that couldn't be further from the truth. Everyone around a gun is less safe simply because the gun is present. And somehow in my life, of the thousands of people that I know that believe they need a gun on them at all times for safety, none of them has ever needed it.

You guys got mind fukked
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave The Kraken 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: grease lightnin

DroopyDog
    DroopyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2078

I don't think mental illness is unique to the US. But school shootings/mass shootings are.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave DroopyDog 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Kermit

3 people injured including the shooter.

http://abc7chicago.com/3-injured-in-...land-/3237737/

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

we have bomb laws and noone can have them (that i know of atleast)

yet those are going off in austin

they have fukkin grenade attacks in sweden now

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Non U.S. people should not enter USA for SBR bashes

Might get shot -- STAY Home

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Banning guns today will not have the desired outcome by tomorrow, the cat is alrdy out of the bag. Maybe if the decision was made 20 yrs ago, some thins can't be undone

It's comparable to spilling oil in the ocean, the cleanup process will require an exponential amount of time and effort while yielding a less than desired effect

Just bc legislation is won doesn't mean the desired results will occur within a moderate time frame if at all
    This is false. Look at Australia for your answer.

You don't ban guns... you reduce the amount on the street. It's very simple. Less guns equal less gun violence. Most of these shootings are from people using guns purchased legally. It's too easy to legally get a gun. Gun manufacturers are making more and selling fear so that we all buy them. Start by banning ads selling guns like we did cigarettes, that's a start. Then educate people that owning a gun does not make you safer in most all cases. Studies show the exact opposite. You are more vulnerable with your own gun.

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

Makes me sick to see this type of violence in schools. No parent should have to deal with finding out their kid was killed at school. This is ridiculous..kids should be safe when they attend school it breaks my heart. Anybody with kids understands..shit even if you don't have kids I don't see how you wouldn't understand.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7903

You will never ban guns in the US. Too bad but it will never happen. Never.

In other news...

BREAKING: A package containing nails and shrapnel exploded at a FedEx centre in Texas early Tuesday morning, injuring at least one person. https://trib.al/uVj6iCt

Package containing nails, shrapnel explodes at Texas FedEx facility, package was bound for Austin
    The package was bound for Austin, Texas - where three package bombs, and another bomb detonated by a trip wire, have killed or injured several people over…
    globalnews.ca

Bad people will find a way. I don't know what the answer is.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    This is false. Look at Australia for your answer.

You don't ban guns... you reduce the amount on the street. It's very simple. Less guns equal less gun violence. Most of these shootings are from people using guns purchased legally. It's too easy to legally get a gun. Gun manufacturers are making more and selling fear so that we all buy them. Start by banning ads selling guns like we did cigarettes, that's a start. Then educate people that owning a gun does not make you safer in most all cases. Studies show the exact opposite. You are more vulnerable with your own gun.
    I agree with a lot of this, but it's hard to compare a country with 20 million people to one with over 300 million. Not to mention, there were never anywhere close to as many guns per person in Australia as in the United States prior to their reform.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2163

Our guns will never be taken from us. People can want and wish until the sun comes up, it will never happen. I am a proud gun owner.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    The goal is not to fix the problem tomorrow but hopefully in 20 years we don't look back and think "fukk, we made the same mistake again. If only we had taken action in 2018 all would be better today"

The American psyche is indeed quite interesting. For some reason most Americans feel safer with a gun around when that couldn't be further from the truth. Everyone around a gun is less safe simply because the gun is present. And somehow in my life, of the thousands of people that I know that believe they need a gun on them at all times for safety, none of them has ever needed it.

You guys got mind fukked
    This is spot on. Americans have been duped. We have been sold a bill of goods that guns are good, yet 9 times out of 10, they are used for bad. Rarely if ever a gun is used for good, except for hunting but smart, greedy gun manufacturers have sold us on fear. You need this to protect your family. Bullshit. More than likely, your unstable child will use it on you or his classmates before you protect yourself from the boogeyman.

The argument that having more guns equal more safety is as dumb as adding a gun to the school playground in front of 100 kids and they will somehow be able to protect themselves against an outsider. Hell no, some dummy is going to shoot another kid.

This country is full of dummies. Many are not criminals but just dumb as shit. You now put a gun in their hands??? WTF? Why do gun advocates want more guns into the hands of so many dumb people in the US. If you already have your gun, wouldn't it make more sense to slow down others from owning guns? Especially dummies?

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

"Fuk the 2nd amendment to the US Constitution, it's just a piece of paper. Tear it up!"

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    Our guns will never be taken from us. People can want and wish until the sun comes up, it will never happen. I am a proud gun owner.
    great, you have your gun already. That's awesome for you. Do you want EVERYONE to have a gun?

The only reason I have a gun is because there's too many dumb asses out there with guns. It is plain stupid for you to be a gun owner and you want more people with guns. Common sense says you should want LESS guns on the street. Come on man? Do you want more countries with nuclear weapons?

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I agree with a lot of this, but it's hard to compare a country with 20 million people to one with over 300 million. Not to mention, there were never anywhere close to as many guns per person in Australia as in the United States prior to their reform.
    Which is all the more reason we must reduce the number of guns on the street. This is a simple solution. Go after the gun manufacturers. Supply and demand. Less supply, prices go up and most people can't afford a gun. Good, great. Except for the gun manufacturers who profit off more deaths.

And don't start with people will make their own guns. Haha

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2163

great, you have your gun already. That's awesome for you. Do you want EVERYONE to have a gun?

The only reason I have a gun is because there's too many dumb asses out there with guns. It is plain stupid for you to be a gun owner and you want more people with guns. Common sense says you should want LESS guns on the street. Come on man? Do you want more countries with nuclear weapons?
    where did I write I want more people with guns?
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave flyingillini 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

lets be honest here

when they do a background check, if they find out you post on sbr

you should NOT be able to get a gun
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PittsburghPlayer

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

this one wasn't as bad thankfully and the resource officer actually had balls and engaged the shooter instead of florida stuck outside like a coward

Two students at a Maryland high school were injured Tuesday after a colleague opened fire in the hallway just before classes began, authorities said.
    Great Mills High School remained on lockdown after the shooting was "contained" when a school resource officer "engaged" the gunman, St. Mary's County Sheriff Tim Cameron told NBC Washington.

The chaos unfolded before 8 a.m. ET when the shooter walked into the 1,600-student school and fired a round at a female student, also hitting a male student.
    The school resource officer was alerted to the gunfire and "quickly" confronted the gunman, according to Cameron said.
    The officer fired "at least a round at the shooter, and I believe the shooter also fired a round," Cameron said. "This is your worst nightmare."
    The shooter and the female victim were hospitalized and listed in critical condition. The male victim was critically injured but stable. The officer was not injured.

Kermit

Which is all the more reason we must reduce the number of guns on the street. This is a simple solution. Go after the gun manufacturers. Supply and demand. Less supply, prices go up and most people can't afford a gun. Good, great. Except for the gun manufacturers who profit off more deaths.

And don't start with people will make their own guns. Haha
    The guns are already out there though. You're going to have to get the 10's of millions of illegal guns off the street first.

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    No one is coming to take your guns away......Paranoia will destroya...

123 Last