magaman
    Update your status
    magaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

smoke pot

I have no basis for this other than it seems to help everything. Seriously smoke some pot and go to sleep. I bet you it will work wonders

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

It may get worse for a bit, then it should get better.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    I dunno bank, I'm no sleep expert or PhD in that area of academia but drugs certainly affect the brain. Specifically the hypo and the pit gland in releasing norepinephrines of all kinds.

The same targets of the brain that release the amount of hormones like melatonin that determine how deep one sleeps amongst other hormonal effects

It would certainly be safe to assume that mind altering drugs can have an affect on such patterns especially if used over time

Just an assumption, haven't ever looked into research or test studies on the subject matter
    Yea I really don't know either, certainly makes sense. Just know from experience i always been a bad sleeper but it was worse in the nightmare/violent thrashing category well before I laid eyes on a drug or had a drink. Those prob stemmed from seeing lot of violence in my home at young age tho.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Yea I really don't know either, certainly makes sense. Just know from experience i always been a bad sleeper but it was worse in the nightmare/violent thrashing category well before I laid eyes on a drug or had a drink. Those prob stemmed from seeing lot of violence in my home at young age tho.
    Yeah I would say that traumatic or impressionable experiences at a young age are ingrained in the brain versus drugs or substances that rly only serve as surface coverups

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well hurry you did say you partied like Mick jagger. The drugs have probably done some damage to the hypothalamus or pituitary gland in hormonal release
    Shady, I have thought the same thing, as this didn't happen in my younger days. Sleep paralysis started for me when I was like 22 but it was super scarce, happened once a month that kind of deal. Dreams werent as vivid nor as frequent.

You may be right. The abuse my mind has sustained for the last 5 years would make most men insane.

HurryUpAndDrink

I dunno bank, I'm no sleep expert or PhD in that area of academia but drugs certainly affect the brain. Specifically the hypo and the pit gland in releasing norepinephrines of all kinds.

The same targets of the brain that release the amount of hormones like melatonin that determine how deep one sleeps amongst other hormonal effects

It would certainly be safe to assume that mind altering drugs can have an affect on such patterns especially if used over time

Just an assumption, haven't ever looked into research or test studies on the subject matter
    ShadyMcSharp. Good post.

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by magaman View Post
    smoke pot

I have no basis for this other than it seems to help everything. Seriously smoke some pot and go to sleep. I bet you it will work wonders
    Bro I smoke pot everyday, ESPECIALLY for sleeping. I barely do coke anymore, once a week, twice at the most.

Im well behaved. 3 years ago I used to hit the powder everyday!

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by HurryUpAndDrink View Post
    Shady, I have thought the same thing, as this didn't happen in my younger days. Sleep paralysis started for me when I was like 22 but it was super scarce, happened once a month that kind of deal. Dreams werent as vivid nor as frequent.

You may be right. The abuse my mind has sustained for the last 5 years would make most men insane.
    Well it seems like therapy is the quickest remedy then hurry. Either that or talking to a chick for many many hours over time. Again I'm no expert, just another dumba$$

HurryUpAndDrink

Well it seems like therapy is the quickest remedy then hurry. Either that or talking to a chick for many many hours over time. Again I'm no expert, just another dumba$$
    Spending hours and hours with my chick is always good advice. Therapy is something I should do no doubt... but is so expensive.

Fukkin shrinks make a fortune per hour! They charge $80 an hour down here... thats a fukkin bundle.

shadymcgrady

Spending hours and hours with my chick is always good advice. Therapy is something I should do no doubt... but is so expensive.

Fukkin shrinks make a fortune per hour! They charge $80 an hour down here... thats a fukkin bundle.
    They're just overpaid chick friends or gay guys that listen and say neutral nonbiased observations

You can get that free of charge with the right friend/companiom/whatever in your life

magaman
    Update your status

You suffer from PTMD - Post Traumatic Moose Disorder. If effects all sports gamblers in different ways. The symptoms vary from rage, to isolationism, to sometimes heavy drinking... and disturbed sleep.

Smoke a fatty - post in the morning

HurryUpAndDrink

LMAO, MAGA...

Well actually I was diagnosed with PTSD... I suffered a break in attempt at my house by 2 armed guys while drunk and high on blow... it was a Mexican standoff kinda... I heard the rockus and so I was waiting for them locked and loaded upstairs... when they were coming up I fired 2 warning shots and they fled (shooting like crazy obviously).

It was quite traumatic because the coke paranoia and psychosis made it 20x worse. My best friend back then is a shrink (we are no longer friends, messy stuff when she divorced my friend)... I actually have a trigger when hearing fireworks and get super alert and get flashbacks, as fireworks were being used that evening (New years eve 2013).

She treated me for free for 2-3 months and she was adamant I needed to be in rehab and that led to arguments that further dissolved the friendship.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

LMAO, MAGA...

Well actually I was diagnosed with PTSD... I suffered a break in attempt at my house by 2 armed guys while drunk and high on blow... it was a Mexican standoff kinda... I heard the rockus and so I was waiting for them locked and loaded upstairs... when they were coming up I fired 2 warning shots and they fled (shooting like crazy obviously).

It was quite traumatic because the coke paranoia and psychosis made it 20x worse. My best friend back then is a shrink (we are no longer friends, messy stuff when she divorced my friend)... I actually have a trigger when hearing fireworks and get super alert and get flashbacks, as fireworks were being used that evening (New years eve 2013).

She treated me for free for 2-3 months and she was adamant I needed to be in rehab and that led to arguments that further dissolved the friendship.

Odds the break in was your coked-out imagination: -750

I have the funniest storie of coked out friends and paranoids delusions.

Common shit.

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Odds the break in was your coked-out imagination: -750

I have the funniest stories of coked out friends and paranoids delusions.

Common shit.
    LMAO I wish man, and Ive had my fair share of those hahaha... but I know how it is.

Believe me, it was real. Bullet holes from a different caliber don't lie

Busted glass on my door and blood when one of the robbers cut himself running way dont lie either.

magaman
    Update your status

LMAO, MAGA...

I'm no saint - have indulged in many things over life and still do to a lesser extent. I have never seen any good come from cocaine use. Do yourself a favor. just my two cents.

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by magaman View Post
    I'm no saint - have indulged in many things over life and still do to a lesser extent. I have never seen any good come from cocaine use. Do yourself a favor. just my two cents.
    I know brother. Im trying.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

I suffer from sleep paralysis... so is not rare for me to have a hard time sleeping. But like that wasn't enough I often get creepy dark nightmares...

2 nights ago or so... had a nasty one. There was a "secret" room in my house that led to a hidden staircase... fukkin weird I know... and there was a bad juju there. As soon as I entered the room I heard a banshee-like scream, when I was climbing the stairs there was this demonic little girl staring from one of the windows.

I don't remember the nightmare all that well but I do remember being attacked and waking up. Fell sleep again and one of my brother's exgf's was hitting on me via sms... (it was a continuation of the demon girl nightmare)...

I just woke up from a nasty one but cant even remember what it was about.

Only way I don't get nightmares is when I fall sleep drunk/intoxicated.
    Ask the doctor for a months worth of ambien!!

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    If you have insomnia try sleeping that might help. Huh
    like counting sheep, count the number of hip gyrations till you fall asleep.....

if that doesn't work, count the number of "air ass slaps" until you doze off.....

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Ask the doctor for a months worth of ambien!!
    I don't like ambien, doesn't work great for me (helps some) and that awful taste in my mouth in morning, like ya sucked on a penny all night, makes it not worth it. For me zannex does trick the best, sleep like baby on them.

HurryUpAndDrink

Another rough night, took me 3 hrs to be able to fall sleep.

Sleep paralysis with strong sonic and visual hallucinations...

I saw a crow right in front of me as I was paralyzed... just staring, cocking its head sideways. Fukkin ugly.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11654

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Drinker your a fukkin mess
    Come to NJ and we open Deli
    One of the better plans I've seen on SBR in quite some time.

Are you thinking traditional deli?

All I have to say is that I've yet to see a decent bagel shop/deli that doesn't have a line at breakfast/lunchtime - and you can close for the day before afternoon rush hour even starts. It is a dream business.

First 12