HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone here having nightmares on the reg???

I suffer from sleep paralysis... so is not rare for me to have a hard time sleeping. But like that wasn't enough I often get creepy dark nightmares...

2 nights ago or so... had a nasty one. There was a "secret" room in my house that led to a hidden staircase... fukkin weird I know... and there was a bad juju there. As soon as I entered the room I heard a banshee-like scream, when I was climbing the stairs there was this demonic little girl staring from one of the windows.

I don't remember the nightmare all that well but I do remember being attacked and waking up. Fell sleep again and one of my brother's exgf's was hitting on me via sms... (it was a continuation of the demon girl nightmare)...

I just woke up from a nasty one but cant even remember what it was about.

Only way I don't get nightmares is when I fall sleep drunk/intoxicated.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15015

I have this terrible re-occurring nightmare where I have insomnia and JJ's aunt won't stop talking to me.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stevek173

magaman
    Update your status
    magaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by HurryUpAndDrink View Post
    I suffer from sleep paralysis... so is not rare for me to have a hard time sleeping. But like that wasn't enough I often get creepy dark nightmares...

2 nights ago or so... had a nasty one. There was a "secret" room in my house that led to a hidden staircase... fukkin weird I know... and there was a bad juju there. As soon as I entered the room I heard a banshee-like scream, when I was climbing the stairs there was this demonic little girl staring from one of the windows.

I don't remember the nightmare all that well but I do remember being attacked and waking up. Fell sleep again and one of my brother's exgf's was hitting on me via sms... (it was a continuation of the demon girl nightmare)...

I just woke up from a nasty one but cant even remember what it was about.

Only way I don't get nightmares is when I fall sleep drunk/intoxicated.
    My oldest son has the most elaborate dreams/nightmares... I keep telling him that he should keep a journal and become a writer.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

sleep paralysis?

I thought that was a feeling of not being able to move semi conscious??

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14043

If you have insomnia try sleeping that might help. Huh

jjgold

Drinker your a fukkin mess
    Come to NJ and we open Deli

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Dreaming means you’re in REM sleep, which is good for you.

Toughen up drinker, seriously.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Consider yourself lucky. Guy I used to work with had something similar, but one day he woke up with a broken hand because he freaked out and was punching a safe next to his bed in his sleep. A couple years later it happened again, except he put holes in his headboard. I don't remember if he could recall his dreams or not. He was pretty freaked out cause he had a young daughter who would go into their bed on occasion (and his wife) and didn't want to end up killing them.

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    sleep paralysis?

I thought that was a feeling of not being able to move semi conscious??

Yep I get that up to 3-4 time a night while trying to sleep-

Then when I'm finally sleep is all nightmares, even nightmares about having sleep paralysis lol.

Then I wake up and trying to sleep back again I get paralysis again.

Is fukked up, I barely sleep.

Often if I woke up too much I just say fukk it and start drinking at 3am.

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    Consider yourself lucky. Guy I used to work with had something similar, but one day he woke up with a broken hand because he freaked out and was punching a safe next to his bed in his sleep. A couple years later it happened again, except he put holes in his headboard. I don't remember if he could recall his dreams or not. He was pretty freaked out cause he had a young daughter who would go into their bed on occasion (and his wife) and didn't want to end up killing them.
    I broke my hand punching the wall while sleeping one day 2 years ago... it aint no joke.

The other day my exgf said I was saying some crazy shit while sleeping... I was cursing and threatening somebody...

She freaked out and woke me up.

She says I was saying to somebody "fukk youuuuuu, fukk youuuuuu" "im gonna slice you up"

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Drinking can give you night terrors

snapperman2
    Keep bothering on
    snapperman2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16306

Everybody gets sleep paralysis. It's a normal thing. If you didn't get sleep paralysis, you'd hurt yourself in your sleep by moving around as you are dreaming.

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by snapperman2 View Post
    Everybody gets sleep paralysis. It's a normal thing. If you didn't get sleep paralysis, you'd hurt yourself in your sleep by moving around as you are dreaming.
    Yeah big difference with sleep paralysis is that you wake up way before your body does so while your mind is awake and struggling to move the body is 100% off...

The mind, sets hallucinogenic images and sounds to further speed that awakening, thus some people suffering from sleep paralysis claiming they saw demons, aliens, robbers, monters, etc...

Is quite intense.

HurryUpAndDrink

Sleep paralysis affects fewer than 8 per cent of the general population, although about 25 per cent of all people have probably experienced it at some point during their life. Fortunately, while it can be terrifying, sleep paralysis is not considered to be a dangerous or harmful medical condition.Sep 2, 2013

HurryUpAndDrink

https://science.howstuffworks.com/li...paralysis1.htm

Demon-on-human sex was a subject of surprising complexity in 15th-century Europe. On one hand, as much as half of the general public experienced sleep paralysis, confounded by sexual dreams and nocturnal emissions in both sexes. Remember, the terror of the sleep paralysis experience is due to combination of combination of situational and individual factors.
    Throw in a religious script of sexual impurity and a rich tapestry of witchcraft theory and you have quite a recipe for a scandalous demonic encounter.
    Sleep paralysis can prove terrifying. Even a single experience can resonate throughout a person's lifetime, and humans throughout history have aimed to give the malevolent, hallucinatory presence at its heart a name, a cause and a purpose within the fabric of their own worldview.
    And thus they glimpse their demon in the dark.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

there are people that can tell you what your dreams mean but that may just make thinks worse for you, and not talking about shrinks or therapy

something to consider

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    there are people that can tell you what your dreams mean but that may just make thinks worse for you, and not talking about shrinks or therapy

something to consider
    Yeah but think Ill pass... clearly some dark disturbed shit up there that I think is best left untouched...

I believe in paranormal stuff, not enough to beieve 100% or ridicule someone for not believing, but Ive seen and experienced things that are... really spooky and 100% weird.

Each brain is a unique universe and certainly everything could be a product of one's imagination.... hopefully thats the case cause the much darker alternative is simply bad news.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Yeah but think Ill pass... clearly some dark disturbed shit up there that I think is best left untouched...

I believe in paranormal stuff, not enough to beieve 100% or ridicule someone for not believing, but Ive seen and experienced things that are... really spooky and 100% weird.

Each brain is a unique universe and certainly everything could be a product of one's imagination.... hopefully thats the case cause the much darker alternative is simply bad news.
    not saying nightmares are result of dark stuff going on in your head, i think some can be explained, others there could be 100000 causes not related to you directly

maybe try that joe rogan pill he always hypes maybe that could reverse it for you

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    not saying nightmares are result of dark stuff going on in your head, i think some can be explained, others there could be 100000 causes not related to you directly

maybe try that joe rogan pill he always hypes maybe that could reverse it for you
    lol i dont believe in "super science"... I like Rogan but would not buy those pills...

and yeah someone might be able to crack the meaning of... just saying the example of the nightmare i explained in the OP is probably fukked up and ignorance is bliss lmao

anyway, is not a big deal, I take everything with a grain of salt... but makes for interesting conversation

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Lot of armchair docs on here that have no concept of reality.

Yes, it's from withdrawal and/or dehydration.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I rarely remember my dreams/nightmares, I've been known to be a incredibly violent sleeper my whole life tho so prob a safe assumption I have some nasty nightmares. Not as bad as it used to be, when I was young I would straight up destroy my room in my sleep.

Still known to hit/kick things, havnt had a ol lady I havnt accidentally caught at least a few times, no worse feeling than hitting them so hard it wakes me up knowing I just clocked them (not a abuser so feel terrible when it happens). When I was locked up scared my bunk mate something serious few times by blasting metal bed, Jesus that hurt!!

jjgold

Sleep paralysis affects fewer than 8 per cent of the general population, although about 25 per cent of all people have probably experienced it at some point during their life. Fortunately, while it can be terrifying, sleep paralysis is not considered to be a dangerous or harmful medical condition.Sep 2, 2013
    I get this at times maybe 1x a month, it is scary but seems harmless

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I rarely remember my dreams/nightmares, I've been known to be a incredibly violent sleeper my whole life tho so prob a safe assumption I have some nasty nightmares. Not as bad as it used to be, when I was young I would straight up destroy my room in my sleep.

Still known to hit/kick things, havnt had a ol lady I havnt accidentally caught at least a few times, no worse feeling than hitting them so hard it wakes me up knowing I just clocked them (not a abuser so feel terrible when it happens). When I was locked up scared my bunk mate something serious few times by blasting metal bed, Jesus that hurt!!
    Damn... I have not tuned up my old lady yet... hit the headboard often and yes I curse on my sleep A LOT so she freaks out. Not to mention I snore like a mothefukker and she gets pissed AF! Bought her some ear muffs so now she is happier when she sleeps over lmao.

2dabank lol... I also had a metal bunk bead a few years ago... broke my hand tuning up that motherfukker on my sleep and off sleep... was hitting the mattress... mattress slipped a bit boom, hit the metal hard!

Today I had nightmares but these were fun, non too dark... don't remember much but remember I had to steal some cars for some kind of getaway... also, there were chicks on it... as long as there are chicks on my nightmares Ill try to fukk em even if the whole fukkin Steven King library of freaks is after me.

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I get this at times maybe 1x a month, it is scary but seems harmless
    Is harmless, but disturbing.

1x a month, you are so lucky... I get it 4x a night sometimes... sometimes every night, sometimes spend weeks without it... pretty sure it is related to some kind of anxiety level... otherwise it would be more constant

jjgold

Is harmless, but disturbing.

1x a month, you are so lucky... I get it 4x a night sometimes... sometimes every night, sometimes spend weeks without it... pretty sure it is related to some kind of anxiety level... otherwise it would be more constant

yes anxiety and I think some foods might trigger it like caffeine

2daBank

Damn... I have not tuned up my old lady yet... hit the headboard often and yes I curse on my sleep A LOT so she freaks out. Not to mention I snore like a mothefukker and she gets pissed AF! Bought her some ear muffs so now she is happier when she sleeps over lmao.

2dabank lol... I also had a metal bunk bead a few years ago... broke my hand tuning up that motherfukker on my sleep and off sleep... was hitting the mattress... mattress slipped a bit boom, hit the metal hard!

Today I had nightmares but these were fun, non too dark... don't remember much but remember I had to steal some cars for some kind of getaway... also, there were chicks on it... as long as there are chicks on my nightmares Ill try to fukk em even if the whole fukkin Steven King library of freaks is after me.
    It pretty bad feeling when you hit poor girl so hard w elbow or fist it wakes ya up and you instantly realize what happened. Luckily doesn't happen too often but I've gotten pretty much every girl I been with any length of time a few times,lol.

I been known to talk in my sleep, again more when I was younger but still do once in while, never much of a snorer. Current girlfriend actually snores something serious, cute little thing sounds like a freaking jungle cat! lol. I actually love snoring so it works out, I copy the snoring w my breathing and seems to relax me and help me sleep

Another thing I get that makes it so freaking hard to get decent sleep is I twitch like crazy when I first fall asleep and it wakes me up constantly. I'm sure I got sleep apnea or whatever that called. Always felt fortunate nights I get a solid 4 hours of decent sleep. Prob why I'm so freaking exhausted at times, like at times it damn near impossible for me to stay awake when driving (always a good time, joking it sucks!).

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

So do you get tired throughout the day?

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

I hope you could tell my post was a joke.

Hurry, live clean for a bit and your nightmares will go away.

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    So do you get tired throughout the day?
    Constantly, is very rare for me to have a smooth nite... (no waking up, no nightmares, no sleep paralysis). Not saying i never sleep well but certainly 1/5 nights are smooth as of late... always dream, is a burden.

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    I hope you could tell my post was a joke.

Hurry, live clean for a bit and your nightmares will go away.
    All good man

LOL When I was clean some months ago nightmares intensified. Sharper mind I guess.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Constantly, is very rare for me to have a smooth nite... (no waking up, no nightmares, no sleep paralysis). Not saying i never sleep well but certainly 1/5 nights are smooth as of late... always dream, is a burden.
    sounds like narcolepsy according to TV commercial I heard the other day lol

for real tho, they described exactly what you said. Little sleep, vivid dreams when you do finally get sleep and getting drowsy throughout the day. Go to the doc.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Well hurry you did say you partied like Mick jagger. The drugs have probably done some damage to the hypothalamus or pituitary gland in hormonal release

2daBank

All good man

LOL When I was clean some months ago nightmares intensified. Sharper mind I guess.
    I'm quite sure drugs/alcohol has little to nothing to do with it. My issues were worse well before I ever touched a drug.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5318

Yeah i always dream about demons killing a bunch of people. Or just a lot of torture.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I'm quite sure drugs/alcohol has little to nothing to do with it. My issues were worse well before I ever touched a drug.
    I dunno bank, I'm no sleep expert or PhD in that area of academia but drugs certainly affect the brain. Specifically the hypo and the pit gland in releasing norepinephrines of all kinds.

The same targets of the brain that release the amount of hormones like melatonin that determine how deep one sleeps amongst other hormonal effects

It would certainly be safe to assume that mind altering drugs can have an affect on such patterns especially if used over time

Just an assumption, haven't ever looked into research or test studies on the subject matter
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: HurryUpAndDrink

12 Last