brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    most humans are dumb, they listen to anything and spend most of their waking hours worried about stupid crap

it's much easier to trick someone than convince them they've been tricked
    Maybe so mike, but the ones with the general knowledge aren't dumb, kent hovind isn't dumb, t.d jakes is not dumb, billy hobbs is not dumb, Ken ham, prophecy seekers, the people ive studied scripture with, the apostles and scriptures themselves ...none of this is at any state ignorant ...so idk what people mean, Tillman, Wycliffe, the prophets, none of them ignorant ..beyond miraculously knowledgeable people ...

the day you know you've been tricked is the day you become conscience of the lies ... it will rock your world, friends that you though were friends aren't, things that you thought they were, aren't.... wild stuff, something one has to be prepared for ... God does that, He's there for preparation ..

Basic
    Instructions
    Before
    Leaving
    Earth

Bible..get one

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    Maybe so mike, but the ones with the general knowledge aren't dumb, kent hovind isn't dumb, t.d jakes is not dumb, billy hobbs is not dumb, Ken ham, prophecy seekers, the people ive studied scripture with, the apostles and scriptures themselves ...none of this is at any state ignorant ...so idk what people mean, Tillman, Wycliffe, the prophets, none of them ignorant ..beyond miraculously knowledgeable people ...

the day you know you've been tricked is the day you become conscience of the lies ... it will rock your world, friends that you though were friends aren't, things that you thought they were, aren't.... wild stuff, something one has to be prepared for ... God does that, He's there for preparation ..

Basic
    Instructions
    Before
    Leaving
    Earth

Bible..get one
    Why a Bible and not a Quran or Book of Mormon? Are Mormons an Muslims going to hell for picking the wrong religion?

Seems fair of God to make it so confusing...

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Spiritual (college)
    Please entertain us .... tell us what you know of Spirit

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Why a Bible and not a Quran or Book of Mormon? Are Mormons an Muslims going to hell for picking the wrong religion?

Seems fair of God to make it so confusing...
    Because those are but off shoots to the source, THE BIBLE ... and God never said " another message " was coming, that would exclude the koran, and as for joesph smith, you might as well be quoting from the book of koresh... or whatever his real name was

BigDofBA

Murder
    Child Abuse
    Child sacrice
    Incest
    Sodomy
    Slavery
    Torture
    Genocide
    Millions of innocent people killed

This is the Bible and it's only the first few chapters. Yes, get one!

BigDofBA

Please entertain us .... tell us what you know of Spirit
    At that point I didn't believe in organized religion but still thought there had to be something greater.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Murder
    Child Abuse
    Child sacrice
    Incest
    Sodomy
    Slavery
    Torture
    Genocide
    Millions of innocent people killed

This is the Bible and it's only the first few chapters. Yes, get one!
    idk whether to , ... LOL .. or just think wow, after all the breaking down of such ...

brainfreeze
    Meaning

At that point I didn't believe in organized religion but still thought there had to be something greater.
    You didn't understand the Spirit d, or you wouldn't have turned back bud.... i didn't either, I turned back to just like you... but i went bad and dealt with a lot of hardships that made me think, you haven't ran into those hardships because you weren't like that ... nothing has made you see it yet.

BigDofBA

You didn't understand the Spirit d, or you wouldn't have turned back bud.... i didn't either, I turned back to just like you... but i went bad and dealt with a lot of hardships that made me think, you haven't ran into those hardships because you weren't like that ... nothing has made you see it yet.
    I just don't believe.

I'm not afraid of an invisible man in the sky and I'm not afraid of burning in hell.

My life speaks for itself. I don't need to defend anything. I look at myself in the mirror everyday and feel good about the way I live.

I don't need to front to people that I'm a good Christian person to try to gain any validation from anyone.

I donate to charities and help people because thats what's in my heart. I don't do it because I'm hoping to get some reward of Heaven.

I live for the here and now. I live for what I know I have. When I actually became a full blown atheist I was a much happier person and started cherishing every single day that I have because I know it's all I have.

I have everything to live for and nothing to die for.

There is no proof Christianity is any more accurate than any other religion. The Bible is no more proof than any other relligois text.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

I just don't believe. I have Christian friends that I respect and I know that I'm not going to change their mind.

I'm not afraid of an invisible man in the sky and I'm not afraid of burning in hell.

My life speaks for itself. I don't need to defend anything. I look at myself in the mirror everyday and feel good about the way I live.

I don't need to front to people that I'm a good Christian person to try to gain any validation from anyone.

I donate to charities and help people because hats what's in my heart. I don't do it because I'm hoping to get some reward of Heaven.

I live for the here and now. I live for what I know I have. When I actually became a full blown atheist I was a much happier person and started cherishing every single day that I have because I know it's all I have.

I have everything to live for and nothing to die for.
    i really believe that is what is in your heart, and how truly sorry i am... i am sorry i can't change that, im sorry i can't summon God to do what i want and show everybody what i want them to see, without going through what i went through .. i don't wish my experiences on the man who stabbed me ...

i wish you could understand its not about reward but about the greater good. God is about love, humbleness, meakness, joy, and peace. This isn't about validation ... i don't have many friends anymore, the ones i do have will probably go to the end of the world for me though ... it's about what's real and what's fake, what's truth and what's lies.... what's being hid and what's in sight ... who's putting it there.. these are questions that's been presented THEY ARE THERE ... research Georgia guide stones ... research lay lines, and stone hendge, pyramids and temple mounts ...the evidence is there, why deny it d?

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

i really believe that is what is in your heart, and how truly sorry i am... i am sorry i can't change that, im sorry i can't summon God to do what i want and show everybody what i want them to see, without going through what i went through .. i don't wish my experiences on the man who stabbed me ...

i wish you could understand its not about reward but about the greater good. God is about love, humbleness, meakness, joy, and peace. This isn't about validation ... i don't have many friends anymore, the ones i do have will probably go to the end of the world for me though ... it's about what's real and what's fake, what's truth and what's lies.... what's being hid and what's in sight ... who's putting it there.. these are questions that's been presented THEY ARE THERE ... research Georgia guide stones ... research lay lines, and stone hendge, pyramids and temple mounts ...the evidence is there, why deny it d?
    sorry to hear, i was stabbed too, thankfully in the stomach

everyone goes through shit, that's life, i watched my daughter and mother die... if you find peace and joy in religion that's great, others find "god" in other ways, like when i watch a sunset or have fun days with my son

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, God, Zeus, Hades, Aphrodites, Keebler Elves

We have vivid imaginations and a need to believe in something more even if it doesnt exist. Many people need to believe they can be saved and their egos need to think there is a chance they "live" for ever even if in some other form.

I'm sorry you still believe in fairy tales, Brain. You seem like a good guy but your unable to see things objectively any longer, you're just continually trying to convince yourself what you believe is true. At some point, there is no going back, no seeking objective truth, you would rather continue believing in a lie and make-believe because you've invested so much into it.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, God, Zeus, Hades, Aphrodites, Keebler Elves

We have vivid imaginations and a need to believe in something more even if it doesnt exist. Many people need to believe they can be saved and their egos need to think there is a chance they "live" for ever even if in some other form.

I'm sorry you still believe in fairy tales, Brain. You seem like a good guy but your unable to see things objectively any longer, you're just continually trying to convince yourself what you believe is true. At some point, there is no going back, no seeking objective truth, you would rather continue believing in a lie and make-believe because you've invested so much into it.
    im sorry you feel that way.... im sorry that you underestimate God and His power. i can't help that. This is your heart. This is your understanding of where you are with it all. One day that might change but ...sounds like your mind is invested so much into it.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    sorry to hear, i was stabbed too, thankfully in the stomach

everyone goes through shit, that's life, i watched my daughter and mother die... if you find peace and joy in religion that's great, others find "god" in other ways, like when i watch a sunset or have fun days with my son

it was many years ago, it was in my arms as i fought back (with no knife) and there's many other things that could've killed me before and since... has nothing to do with my peace, my peace comes from a place of meeting God, He fills you with this foreign peace that makes you know inside that it's under control, there is rhyme and reason to the chaos of this world.

but yes, seeing a sun set, enjoying fam, those are beautiful things though...sorry for your loss of your mom and daughter.
    Last edited by brainfreeze; 04-03-17 at 01:00 PM.

The Kraken

im sorry you feel that way.... im sorry that you underestimate God and His power. i can't help that. This is your heart. This is your understanding of where you are with it all. One day that might change but ...sounds like your mind is invested so much into it.
    Sounds like we see each other the same way

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Sounds like we see each other the same way

Well, I'd imagine it would be hard not to... you feel like you've witnessed and experienced enough in this life to come to the conclusions you have. I've done the same, im living in the same world as you. My experiences are just different, why ..idk, maybe it's about the level of care or love for a particular situation that changes the outcome of the experiences ...i really don't know, i just know that my experiences have led me to understand life goes past what meets the eye... and this is obvious on the most micro scales, if you put something underneath a microscope you will see all types of living arrangements by all types of different bacteria and so fourth ...that you would have never seen without that microscope ...

but its there, though how small it is, and unnoticed, it's still living and effecting the world we are in... Gods the same way

The Kraken

Good points.

I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong

BigDofBA

if you put something underneath a microscope you will see all types of living arrangements by all types of different bacteria and so fourth ...that you would have never seen without that microscope ...

but its there, though how small it is, and unnoticed, it's still living and effecting the world we are in... Gods the same way
    And the Bible never mentions things like bacteria and atoms....

Don't you find it weird that all of these magical supernatural stories in the Bible only happened thousands of years ago?

Don't you find it weird that the supernatural things told in the Bible suddenly stopped happening when the human race advanced and developed things like electricity, the phone, and cameras?

All the stories in the Bible were just tall tales passed by word of mouth with no evidence or validation. Hell, a lot of it was written several years after Jesus.

With all of these religions, specifically Christianity and Islam, God always seems to single out people to talk to. Doesn't that seem strange to you? Why wouldn't God just talk to the entire world and save us all?

God could save the entire world today. He could send Jesus down again, allow someone to walk on water, or allow people to live to be 900.

With that said God doesn't do this because he doesn't exist. If the Bible was true God picked the worst time in history to send his son and perform all of his magic.

It's not just a coincidence you don't see talking snakes, 900 year old people, people living in whales, or people walking on water anymore.

Don't you think this shit would still happen if God caused it to happen back then?

If you really take a step back and quit living in fear of religion and hell, it's pretty easy to figure out it's not real.

In a thousand years it will join Zeus in ancient mythology.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

And the Bible never mentions things like bacteria and atoms....

its beside the point, God didn't leave people a science book. if He did put that info in, what would the people of Moses and the 6th dynasty do with such information, there was no reason for it. They weren't technologically advanced enough to accept these things. The Author stayed on point of what the story is about.

Don't you find it weird that all of these magical supernatural stories in the Bible only happened thousands of years ago?

They have supernatural stories happening all the time, im still waiting on someone to disprove ron whytt

Don't you find it weird that the supernatural things told in the Bible suddenly stopped happening when the human race advanced and developed things like electricity, the phone, and cameras?

They didn't.. you stopped caring is all.

All the stories in the Bible were just tall tales passed by word of mouth with no evidence or validation. Hell, a lot of it was written several years after Jesus.

Well of course the one telling the story found it important enough to make it life's past time to pass these stories down orally. I'd imagine the beginnings were genuine and authentic accounts of what had taken place. History substantiates the Holy Scriptures claims...

With all of these religions, specifically Christianity and Islam, God always seems to single out people to talk to. Doesn't that seem strange to you? Why wouldn't God just talk to the entire world and save us all?

There are prophets, apostles, and God calls different people for different work in His ministry. There is always one king for an area and usually one prophet for an area as well. He designates an authority for the specific time and age we are in, and the prophet prophesies the coming events so they can mark the event from God.

God could save the entire world today. He could send Jesus down again, allow someone to walk on water, or allow people to live to be 900.

There are rules ... there are covenants, these things prophesied will come to pass... When they do, He will come again, no one knows the day or the hour..

With that said God doesn't do this because he doesn't exist. If the Bible was true God picked the worst time in history to send his son and perform all of his magic.

Your sad opinion ...

It's not just a coincidence you don't see talking snakes, 900 year old people, people living in whales, or people walking on water anymore.

You don't understand it...

Don't you think this shit would still happen if God caused it to happen back then?

Caused what ... miraculous things happen all the time d, you are just ill informed and unaware.

If you really take a step back and quit living in fear of religion and hell, it's pretty easy to figure out it's not real.

Completely real, and you will find out soon enough d... you should go visit Israel, go walk the steps Christ walk, go read His Words and feel His presence .. take a step back and just exam how extreme your views are, you are completely cutting yourself off from the source of life, no one is doing it, you are doing this to yourself, why?

In a thousand years it will join Zeus in ancient mythology

He's the Alpha and the Omega ... thousand years is like a day to Him
    Bold

BigDofBA

So basically supernatural stuff is happening all around me and I don't see and understand it?

People are still living in whales, living to be over 900, walking on water, and snakes are talking but I'm oblivious?

I must be oblivious because I don't see these things when I go outside, talk to people, or turn on the news.

It's ok. You're a good dude. I understand why it's hard for you to give a good explanation when I ask these questions.

I bring up lack of science in the Bible and you just dismiss it.

I bring up he supernatural and you say it's still happens but don't provide evidence or proof.

Then you defend the Bible by quoting to the Bible. It's circular logic.

Show me someone that is 900 years old. Show me someone that walks on water. Show me someone that lives in a whale. Show me a talking snake.

That's all I'm asking. Evidence. Show me the evidence.

Atheists don't believe because of a lack of evidence.

If I wrote a book about an invisible flying unicorn God I wouldn't expect you to believe it. Quoting my book about the flying unicorn God wouldn't prove the story was true.

What if in addition to my flying unicorn God there were books on a flying Bear God and Flying Pig God? What if each story told you it was the only correct story of how to get eternal life and you had to worship (insert flying animal here) to get to heaven?

You would start thinking people were crazy and it was all bullsht. This is how I feel about religion.

Religious people are stuck with their religion because they won't open up their mind. Even if I could prove a negative, that God doesn't exist, you still wouldn't believe it. Atheists on the other hand would change their mind with evidence. With that said, I'm not holding my breath to see a talking snake or any of the other BS mentioned in the Bible.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 04-04-17 at 12:29 AM.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

So basically supernatural stuff is happening all around me and I don't see and understand it?
    Yup..

People are still living in whales, living to be over 900, walking on water, and snakes are talking but I'm oblivious?

These particular things haven't happened again ... they won't happen again either, God cut are lifespan. You don't understand the talking snake deal and yes Jesus lite as the Spirit walked on water (the significance is the flesh not being there for Him to be able to walk on water. Peter walk as well, as long as He kept His eyes (mind) on Jesus (Life) peter became lite as Spirit as well.

I must be oblivious because I don't see these things when I go outside, talk to people, or turn on the news.

People have miraculous things happen to them was my point d. Things doctors can't explain when there is a miraculous healing or when someone shows the strength and love of God by different acts, rather helping them with certain things in their life or just letting the Spirit help them be better people then they already are. The Spirit just helps and intensifies the tools and abilities you already have. There are people who've had life changing experiences and they know exactly what granted them another day ...God

It's ok. You're a good dude. I understand why it's hard for you to give a good explanation when I ask these questions.

Thanks, think you are a good dude, just stubborn, lost, and confused... it's not hard for me at all, i just keep going around the Ferris wheel with you because you aren't will to open your heart and accept the truth, you've labeled this a fiction kids story, and you are sticking to that adamantly no matter the destruction it's going to cause you...

I bring up lack of science in the Bible and you just dismiss it.
    i gave you an explanation ...YOU DONT ACCEPT it

I bring up he supernatural and you say it's still happens but don't provide evidence or proof.
    i am evidence .. again, unacceptable to you. There is plenty of evidence, but you really don't want to see evidence, anything short of God himself showing up won't be sufficient enough for you right now, and that is your mistake to make.

Then you defend the Bible by quoting to the Bible. It's circular logic.

There is no other book to " compare " to .. it's the oldest, and most reliable ... so that throws your reasoning right out of the window, doesn't it...

Show me someone that is 900 years old. Show me someone that walks on water. Show me someone that lives in a whale. Show me a talking snake.
    Here we go again...

That's all I'm asking. Evidence. Show me the evidence.

You don't want evidence d, you just want to fight per usual ...

Atheists don't believe because of a lack of evidence.
    They don't trust the evidence ..
    If I wrote a book about an invisible flying unicorn I wouldn't expect you to believe it.

i wouldn't ..but the Bible isn't about unicorns, it's about a loving God and a spiritual war...
    Bold

BigDofBA

Your God isn't a loving God. He is the biggest mass murder in history, hates gays, minorities, and women....and wants you to spend your life worshipping him. Seems like an arrogant and conceded guy with a twisted view of life.

Quoting the Quran doesn't prove the Quran so neither does quoting the Bible.

So snakes talked and people walked on water because the Bible says so but it doesn't happen anymore????

That doesn't answer my question of why it doesn't happen anymore.

I'm saying it doesn't happen because it wasn't real. Now days we would be able to record and document this stuff. It's not surprising it stopped happening...

Evidence. Show evidence. Don't say "Yes, snakes talked because the Bible said so."

That's like me saying, "Yes, Muhammad flew to heaven on a winged horse. It's in the Quran."

I don't believe in miracles. I believe in things that happen that we can't explain but that doesn't mean is a miracle. We just don't understand it yet.

For example, people used to think earthquakes were caused by God. Wrong!

Rain was caused by God. Wrong!

Wind was caused by God. Wrong!

Do you understand my thought process?

For every "miracle" that happens in the doctors office there is a tragedy that happens. You can't give God glory when things go right and not give him blame when they go wrong. He is supposed to be all powerful so he should be able to stop evil but he doesn't/can't. Using the excuse of sin is a poor arguement. If God can't atone for sin in the world then he obviously isn't all powerful

I get it. We have want to live forever and be immortal. Unfortunately that's not how it works. As a result, I enjoy everyday like it's my last while I'm here. I don't hold out thinking there is more than this because there isn't. It's really not a grim reality once you accept it.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 04-04-17 at 12:56 AM.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

He is supposed to be all powerful so he should be able to stop evil but he doesn't/can't.
    He's crushing satans soul everyday ... go read The Book again, God wins ...

anybody ever told you, you are a pretty long winded dude? d, you haven't even experienced the Holy Spirit yet, you DONT UNDERSTAND. Give up the questions until you have a basic understanding of what you are talking about...

all you stick to is the same tired presentation because you aren't understanding basic principles of the Bible ...
    Last edited by brainfreeze; 04-04-17 at 01:01 AM.

betakos
    betakos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Religion is a matter of belief and not science and should be treated like that. If one tries to impose his view on religion to others we get things like ISIS etc.
    Points Awarded:

BigDofBA gave betakos 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by betakos View Post
    Religion is a matter of belief and not science and should be treated like that. If one tries to impose his view on religion to others we get things like ISIS etc.
    Exactly.

Snowball

Exactly.
    The absence of religion is a gap easily filled by even more pernicious elements.
    Might want to check the history books from French Revolution onward.

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Quote Originally Posted by unluckysob View Post
    There is NO life after this. When you die you simply cease to exist.
    How the fck do you know what happens after you die? Have you died before? I'm sure there are many things in the known universe you can't grasp or understand (quantum physics, atomic energy, etc..etc) yet, you think you'd be able to comprehend or understand an existence in another plane that doesn't involve a body?

Maybe you're right and nothing happens when you die, and maybe death is simply the beginning of another type of existence, but either way, at least I'm not vain enough to think I know for certain what happens, and I certainly wouldn't expect to understand a different form of existence after death when I still don't understand already outdated earthly things like how a grooved plastic disc and a needle can produce music when attached to speakers with thin wires.

What people like you never seem to realize, is that the thought of us all being here in a huge universe randomly, just so happening to be the only species out of millions on earth able to read, write, articulate language, perform mathematical equations and feel complex emotions is just as implausible and ridiculous as life after death in another plane of existence due to the wishes of some powerful being or force is.

There are 4 categories of people regarding life after death.

A. Those that are positive that there is life after death - This includes all religions, cults, and even those who believe in reincarnation as another person, or even another type of animal. They have faith, no matter if its God, Allah, Jehovah, Zenu, or the comet those lunatics thought they were catching when they all poisoned themselves to catch it. They know life is eternal, and nobody will ever convince them otherwise.

B. Those that are positive that when you die, that's the end - This includes your atheists, many scientists, and a lot of smug liberals (who are too smart to believe in such a silly notion like God) and godless communists (who view religion as a bourgeois form of control against the proletariat). They know that when the brain stops getting blood and dies, and your heart stops, you are nothing more than a corpse and you cease to exist in any form.

C. Those that aren't sure what happens, and agonize over it - This group suffers more than anybody. They know it's very possible, even likely that when you die you're done, but they also realize that perhaps something happens when you die and they don't know exactly what. They spend their lives in a constant, futile search for answers about the meaning of life, and why are we all here, and what is the point of human existence. Unlike group A who knows why we're here, and group B, who knows there is no "higher purpose" to existence, group C thinks there has to be something bigger to all of this, but just can't grasp what, why, or how.

D. Those that aren't sure what happens, and could care less - This group is usually the one you'd most want to have at your parties, or in your golfing foursome. They don't mock those in group A (like group B does), and they don't try and "save" those in group B (like group A does). They think maybe when you die something happens, or that maybe, when you die, nothing happens. But unlike those in group C who long for answers, ache to know the meaning of life, and who search the ends of the earth to try and understand their own mortality, group D simply doesn't give a fck. They figure, "Hey, I know I'm going to die eventually, and when I do, either something happens and I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, or nothing happens, which in that case, I won't know because I'll be dead". Since they can't do anything about it, they don't waste a moment thinking about it, they just live their life, and try to enjoy themselves while they're alive.

Everyone of these groups will have good and bad people in it, those who put themselves over others, and those that put others before themselves. Some are thieves and liars, some are honest and caring people, so obviously, a persons character is not defined simply by their views on life after death.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

People act is if a miracle would be a end all thing and they would believe, when in actuality man just doesn't work like that. A good example would be peter, guy walked on water with Jesus, seen A BUNCH of miracles and was involved in some of them ....

yet denied Jesus thrice before the rooster crowed ...

there has to be more substance in the relationship then just wanting things revealed. There was with peter, and that's why in the end he was marytered ..

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Believe who you want to believe or not. All I know is our president is the antichrist.

Snowball

Do you struggle with understanding the reasons for suffering ?
    Can suffering bring us closer to God ? Why ?

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Believe who you want to believe or not. All I know is our president is the antichrist.
    rkelly, i feel bad for you and the supposed preacher who let you down. Man does that all the time, king of let downs. What he told you was his opinion though, that's all. What you have is just another mans opinion that supposedly followed Christ. Which he didn't follow Christ because he preached to you a different word. Anyone adding to or taking away from Gods message and what comes after death is pitiful. They don't know what they are doing most likely, to themselves or you, confused...living a lie, if you don't believe in God why wake up And make it life's duty to hear Gods Word, (or really just your/his word) ..

it happens, ive heard a story not to long ago, a pastor gave up preaching and began having a homosexual relationship. Ok, what i see is a man that has back sliding and has fallen to the flesh. There is no telling where his life goes and how it ends or what he will answer for next (was he conscience of the Holy Spirit, was he blasphemous against it?) idk, and they aren't my questions to answer, but then again idk anything about that preacher, and if i would have ever ran into him before all that happened and he told me what he thought comes next.. it wouldn't have any more bearing than anyone else would tell me, heaven and hell is in the Bible. Believe the Word, we are just men... with fault and error. If they are real men of God they will give description through the Bible, anything else is of other influence ...and it ain't Gods.

so im sorry that guy let you down rkelly, but there's a million other preachers out there and a lot of them are really good. Please don't let one man discourage you from a relationship with Christ. i'd encourage you to either get into a good Bible study about the subject of afterlife, talk to or write an elder or a REAL godly man with a track record of such.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

rkelly, i feel bad for you and the supposed preacher who let you down. Man does that all the time, king of let downs. What he told you was his opinion though, that's all. What you have is just another mans opinion that supposedly followed Christ. Which he didn't follow Christ because he preached to you a different word. Anyone adding to or taking away from Gods message and what comes after death is pitiful. They don't know what they are doing most likely, to themselves or you, confused...living a lie, if you don't believe in God why wake up And make it life's duty to hear Gods Word, (or really just your/his word) ..

it happens, ive heard a story not to long ago, a pastor gave up preaching and began having a homosexual relationship. Ok, what i see is a man that has back sliding and has fallen to the flesh. There is no telling where his life goes and how it ends or what he will answer for next (was he conscience of the Holy Spirit, was he blasphemous against it?) idk, and they aren't my questions to answer, but then again idk anything about that preacher, and if i would have ever ran into him before all that happened and he told me what he thought comes next.. it wouldn't have any more bearing than anyone else would tell me, heaven and hell is in the Bible. Believe the Word, we are just men... with fault and error. If they are real men of God they will give description through the Bible, anything else is of other influence ...and it ain't Gods.

so im sorry that guy let you down rkelly, but there's a million other preachers out there and a lot of them are really good. Please don't let one man discourage you from a relationship with Christ. i'd encourage you to either get into a good Bible study about the subject of afterlife, talk to or write an elder or a REAL godly man with a track record of such.
    Don't feel bad for me brother, I'm on your side.

I'm a naturally inquisitive person. Instead of keeping stuff to myself, I ask.

The preacher in question was outed from his parish for adultery, but taught for many decades on the word of God.
    He could've very easily said stories of the afterlife are hogwash, but had an open mind enough to think God works
    in mysterious ways.

I've branched out from the church and explored other avenues of alternative, you could say, religion.
    You might say I'm gullible, but it's no different than what the church teaches. I still believe Christ died for us
    and is the path to everlasting life.

Everlasting life is what I'm exploring.

Used to watch Montel Williams and he had Sylvia Brown on, a psychic. She's what turned me onto the everlasting life
    exploration. Then it was John Edwards who had a show on, then James Van Proge. Now it's long island medium.
    Read some of their books. Very enlightening.

Explored more on youtube with real life testimonials. Told you about my co workers story.

You might laugh at my gullibleness, but is it any different than what is written in the bible written hundreds
    of years after Christ, rewritten by King James to control people and take their money?
    Points Awarded:

brainfreeze gave rkelly110 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Don't feel bad for me brother, I'm on your side.

I'm a naturally inquisitive person. Instead of keeping stuff to myself, I ask.

The preacher in question was outed from his parish for adultery,

I still believe Christ died for us
    and is the path to everlasting life.

Everlasting life is what I'm exploring.

First 1234 Last