BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    d... i understand you have no faith, shrugs ..ok, but what i am not understanding is what is this benefiting you to come preach your doubt adamantly & constantly ? Is this helping you work this out with yourself or something ? Why keep entertaining something so long..... if you KNOW it's all fake, this is all make believe, right? ... so why write pages on your perception every other week? Why waste such precious time of your life to constantly write something that you think will deter people from God..
    It's not rocket science. This is a message board. I'm merely conversing with other people sharing my thoughts just like you.

I could ask you the same question. You actually spend a lot more time trying to pursuade people that God exists than I do trying to give a different perspective. I think it's ironic we have so many Christians on an "internet gambling forum".

Anyway, A lot of atheists or non-believers are quiet. I'm just trying to get the message out there in case someone is unsure or feels guilty because of how they were raised.

Religious people are overbearing and constantly force their views down people's throats but then they complain they're persecuted at the same time.

I'm just putting some facts out there people may not know. People can make up their own minds but I think it's important they have all the information.

For example, religious people think the earth is only a few thousand years old. Science tells us otherwise. It's been proven the earth is millions of years old based on fossils we find and basic elementary science.

The Bible tells us snakes can talk and people can live in whales. Common sense tells us otherwise.

Basically I presenting my evidence which relies on science, evidence, common sense, and reasoning.

People can take what I present and compare it to want religious people say. Religious people prove the Bible by quoting the Bible. Religious people rely on faith, not evidence.

I wouldn't prove that a fiction book was Tru by quoting that fiction book....

It's just a debate. Nothing personal. I'm just saying that you shouldn't believe something just because you were born in to it or it's popular where you live. Use your brain. Religion is a road block to discovery imo.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 04-02-17 at 01:38 PM.

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    It's not rocket science. This is a message board. I'm merely conversing with other people sharing my thoughts just like you.
    Shrugs ...ok, i asked what it benefits you to do so...

I could ask you the same question. You actually spend a lot more time trying to pursuade people that God exists than I do trying to give a different perspective. I think it's ironic we have so many Christians on an "internet gambling forum".

Yes, you could...and i could answer for a whole different reason...like ummm that's what God calls me to do " witness " ...

Anyway, A lot of atheists or non-believers are quiet. I'm just trying to get the message out there in case someone is unsure or feels guilty because of how they were raised.

So this is your song, your testimony, your " message " of unbelief. Gotcha..

Religious people are overbearing and constantly force their views down people's throats but then they complain they're persecuted at the same time.

No they aren't ...and you can't say that about me, i don't force anything on anyone. I don't even take talking about God into other parts of the forum, if someone comes to the GOD thread then i converse or a thread like this, i might stop in... but don't tell me christians " force " their views ... that's a lie

I'm just putting some facts out there people may not know. People can make up their own minds but I think it's important they have all the information.

You hardly post any facts ...ever, what you do is tell us how smart you think you are and that people who believe the Bible are dumb, that's not presenting facts, it's lies and banter... yet you HAVENT DISPROVED ANYTHING IN THE BIBLE

For example, religious people think the earth is only a few thousand years old. Science tells us otherwise. It's been proven the earth is millions of years old based on fossils we find and basic elementary science.

Not going to debate the age of rocks and dirt ... i think it doesn't matter how old the earth is, this isn't something that is in the Bible to debate. It will change nothing if it's 4000, 4m or 4b years old. God still made it and the life forms on it,

The Bible tells us snakes can talk and people can live in whales. Common sense tells us otherwise.

satan manifested as a snake, he's also called a dragon. It is also said he can manifest and parade himself as a beaming ball of light. You just see everything as physical, carnal, and flesh. You aren't understanding the spiritual realm of things to be able to interpret and understand properly but want to give us your assessment on what you think you know of the Bible ...

Basically I presenting my evidence which relies on science, evidence, common sense, and reasoning.

Basically you are doing what I just described in the above paragraph ...

People can take what I present and compare it to want religious people say. Religious people prove the Bible by quoting the Bible. Religious people rely on faith, not evidence.

LOL .. faith is merely a start, trust is the vehicle used to get understanding from God. Our faith is constantly strengthened by things, our gifts, prophecy, the Holy Spirit, miracles happening, someone coming to God..

I wouldn't prove that a fiction book was Tru by quoting that fiction book....

It's not a fiction book, again... ALL OF THE HISTORICAL EVENTS LINE UP ... ARCHEOLOGIST USE THE BIBLE TO UNCOVER HISTORICAL EVENTS IN ISRAEL ALLLL THE TIME. It's only fake in your mind, it's very real and people are doing very real things with the information ...

It's just a debate. Nothing personal. I'm just saying that you shouldn't believe something just because you were born in to it or it's popular where you live. Use your brain. Religion is a road block to discovery imo.

Ok, so you are saying you spend so much time on it for " the spirit of debate " im assuming ...guess i will have to deal with that, but at least your mind is on it... what I'm hoping for one day, is you think about it and something clicks, stop being so foolish to think that we have reached some pinnacle and this was for old times. This is for all times beginning to the end, people were not dumb back then d, we still can't tell you how the pyrimds got there ...yet they are the dumb ones ? ...i don't think so, stop being so naïve d
    Bold

Have a good day d

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

nobody has been able to explain either of these things to me

1) adam and eve were the only 2 humans, they were both apparently white and screwed each other... where did all the black people, asians, hispanics come from?

2) noah rounded up millions of different species of birds and insects and they somehow didn't fly away? and the heat required to have that much rain would've burned everything to a crisp... but that is the magical spiritual stuff that i just don't understand and need "faith" to see

i wonder why people stop believing in santa claus and the tooth fairy at some point but usually they don't stop believing there's a guy in the sky watching and listening to billions of people every day at the same time. the thought of a god was meant to control people, weird that it still works.

"work hard all day, don't kill people and steal their shit, even if nobody is watching"
    "why?"
    because if you're good then you live forever in the clouds, if you're bad you get poked with a pitchfork forever

makes sense!

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    1) adam and eve were the only 2 humans, they were both apparently white and screwed each other... where did all the black people, asians, hispanics come from?
    Y-Chromosomal Adam and Mitochondrial Eve.

IAG
    No good deed goes unpunished
    IAG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121
    Points Awarded:

brainfreeze gave IAG 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by IAG View Post
    if god hates non-believers so much then why can't he just do one thing to prove himself? oh yeah he doesn't have to prove anything because we just gotta have faith

iag, i love you, you know that, and on some level you know it's just a con

brainfreeze
    Meaning

if god hates non-believers so much then why can't he just do one thing to prove himself? oh yeah he doesn't have to prove anything because we just gotta have faith

Christ doesn't hate you... He died for you, loves you very much milwaukee mike. Thought we just went over that?

Romans 5

6For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 8But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

IAG

Love you too buddy! Christianity is not a con. i think there are cons in some churches who reflect badly on the church as a whole.

If you understood the whole concept of mystery and faith you would understand why God doesn't need to prove himself to anyone.. if everyone knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that there was a God, it would negate the whole purpose of free will as I'm sure everyone would fall in line pretty quickly.

I have questions about many things, and I don't claim to understand it all. But I do without a doubt believe there is a God, after many years of questioning whether I was just scared to doubt what I was taught for years. I don't know my feelings about the concept of hell. There is a school of thought on universal salvation that is interesting. AlI know is there is a God and something happens to us after we die. ...the specifics I dk. Hell may be just separation from God and not a fiery pit. I would guess that is closer to the truth.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by IAG View Post
    Love you too buddy! Christianity is not a con. i think there are cons in some churches who reflect badly on the church as a whole.

If you understood the whole concept of mystery and faith you would understand why God doesn't need to prove himself to anyone.. if everyone knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that there was a God, it would negate the whole purpose of free will as I'm sure everyone would fall in line pretty quickly.

I have questions about many things, and I don't claim to understand it all. But I do without a doubt believe there is a God, after many years of questioning whether I was just scared to doubt what I was taught for years. I don't know my feelings about the concept of hell. There is a school of thought on universal salvation that is interesting. AlI know is there is a God and something happens to us after we die. ...the specifics I dk. Hell may be just separation from God and not a fiery pit. I would guess that is closer to the truth.
    like what you say here iag, ... id just be careful on adding your opinion on what you think hell is. If you don't know, just say that..it's honest, and your opinion is honest and genuine as well but it's your opinion. Jesus says there's gnashing of teeth, that sounds like something people do in pain. idk what levels of deminsions and what levels of heaven and hell there is but i agree, after we die things will happen, sinners without the lambs blood will stand before the high judges.. this is biblical, this is what you should stand by, the Word, the Sword ... anything else i say or you is babble...

BigDofBA

nobody has been able to explain either of these things to me

2) noah rounded up millions of different species of birds and insects and they somehow didn't fly away? and the heat required to have that much rain would've burned everything to a crisp... but that is the magical spiritual stuff that i just don't understand and need "faith" to see

i wonder why people stop believing in santa claus and the tooth fairy at some point but usually they don't stop believing there's a guy in the sky watching and listening to billions of people every day at the same time. the thought of a god was meant to control people, weird that it still works.

"work hard all day, don't kill people and steal their shit, even if nobody is watching"
    "why?"
    because if you're good then you live forever in the clouds, if you're bad you get poked with a pitchfork forever

makes sense!
    There are a lot of things the Bible doesn't and can't explain.

1. The great flood....if the Ark crashed in the Middle East, why do we only find certain animals in certain parts of the world? There are Kangaroos in Australia. You would expect to see Kanagroo fossils somewhere in between the Middle East and Australia but you don't. This is just one example. Bill Nye has a great video on debunking Noah's Ark.

2. How your soul gets to heaven from earth....why doesn't the Bible explain this?

So you have this soul that we can't see and it somehow warps from Earth to Heaven but we can't see it? WTF. Space is infinitely huge. Where exactly is heaven? Is Heaven outside of space? So your "soul" just magically warps from your dead body to an alter dimension known as heaven? Is it like Star Trek? This is a pretty key part of the Bible....getting to heaven that is, and it doesn't explain it very well.

Honestly, I think the simple minded people that wrote the Bible probably thought Heaven was in the sky above the clouds because they didn't know any better. We now have science and know that the Earth is a planet and space exists outside of earth. As a result, Christians can't go with that one anymore.

Time and time again as the human race advances, we prove the Bible wrong on why things happen. Ex. Why rain, snow, wind, tornadoes, earthquakes, etc. happen.

When has the Bible ever been proved right?

We keep learning why things actually happen and it's never because of any religion' God.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 04-02-17 at 07:09 PM.

spro23
    spro23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8091

Believing in evolution requires an equal amount of 'faith', as there's no explanation for cellular life compared to say, rocks and planets.

1 cell of human life has a DNA 'code' of 3 billion base pair letters. Literally like a computer code, but far more advanced. To me that's clear evidence of intelligent design. The flawed human interpretation of religion and a higher being doesn't mean the concept is bunk.

Just because we haven't seen a being more advanced than us, doesn't mean it doesn't exist

brainfreeze
    Meaning

d... you ask questions as if you are interested in answers and when i point you to them, you don't accept and then a month later you regurgitate the same questions.

we already went over the soul in the GOD thread ..

BigDofBA

You hardly post any facts ...ever, what you do is tell us how smart you think you are and that people who believe the Bible are dumb, that's not presenting facts, it's lies and banter... yet you HAVENT DISPROVED ANYTHING IN THE BIBLE
    So when I say things like the Earth is millions of years old and my evidence is Fossils and science....or when I say that earthquakes happen because of plate tectonics and not God, I'm not presenting facts?

It's hard to disprove things that don't exist. How can I disprove to you that snakes don't talk? How can I disprove that people don't walk on water or live to be over 900 years old? How can I disprove that no one has lived in a whale?

I could tell you I believe in a flying pink unicorn and you couldn't disprove it....that' doesn't mean it's true.
    Not going to debate the age of rocks and dirt ... i think it doesn't matter how old the earth is, this isn't something that is in the Bible to debate. It will change nothing if it's 4000, 4m or 4b years old. God still made it and the life forms on it,
    I'm not letting you off that easy. It changes everything. That means about 99% of existence isn't explained by the Bible if the Earth is millions of years old. Most Christians believe the earth to only be around 6000 years old or so. This is insane when we clearly know it isn't.
    what I'm hoping for one day, is you think about it and something clicks, stop being so foolish to think that we have reached some pinnacle and this was for old times. This is for all times beginning to the end, people were not dumb back then d, we still can't tell you how the pyrimds got there ...yet they are the dumb ones ? ...i don't think so, stop being so naïve d
    This is so ironic. I don't think we've reached the pinnacle at all. Religion actually holds us back. As atheists, we agree that we can't explain how the universe started but we want to find truth. Religious people think they know and have all the answers and believe an ancient book written by ancient people that didn't know how things worked. Ughhh.

Religious people constantly say atheists are arrogant yet religious people think they know the answers to the universe and have a personal relationship with the creator of the universe.

I study all types of religion in addition to science. I seek the truth. If God were to come down from heaven and present himself to me I would believe. I'm much different than religious people that have no desire to accept the fact that their beliefs may not be correct and their beliefs may just be more of a byproduct of the country and traditions they were born into.

spro23

Many great scientists are Christian. They aren't mutually exclusive concepts.

How can you learn that 1 cell of human DNA has 3billion pair letters like a computer code and not believe in intelligent design?

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by spro23 View Post
    Just because we haven't seen a being more advanced than us, doesn't mean it doesn't exist
    This is technically true.

We also haven't seen a flying pink unicorn, that doesn't mean they don't exist though.

Science is based on theories and then we test them over and over to find truth. The theory of evolution and natural selection is much more viable than an invisible man in the sky....somewhere.....outside of space.

You could pray everyday that more money would be in your bank account tomorrow but it won't. You could jump off the Empire State building and put faith in God that he would save you but you would die.

I'm probably not making sense to you but anyway....

brainfreeze
    Meaning

So when I say things like the Earth is millions of years old and my evidence is Fossils and science....or when I say that earthquakes happen because of plate tectonics and not God, I'm not presenting facts?

It's hard to disprove things that don't exist. How can I disprove to you that snakes don't talk? How can I disprove that people don't walk on water or live to be over 900 years old? How can I disprove that no one has lived in a whale?

I could tell you I believe in a flying pink unicorn and you couldn't disprove it....that' doesn't mean it's true.

I'm not letting you off that easy. It changes everything. That means about 99% of existence isn't explained by the Bible if the Earth is millions of years old. Most Christians believe the earth to only be around 6000 years old or so. This is insane when we clearly know it isn't.

This is so ironic. I don't think we've reached the pinnacle at all. Religion actually holds us back. As atheists, we agree that we can't explain how the universe started but we want to find truth. Religious people think they know and have all the answers and believe an ancient book written by ancient people that didn't know how things worked. Ughhh.

Religious people constantly say atheists are arrogant yet religious people think they know the answers to the universe and have a personal relationship with the creator of the universe.

I study all types of religion in addition to science. I seek the truth. If God were to come down from heaven and present himself to me I would believe. I'm much different than religious people that have no desire to accept the fact that their beliefs may not be correct and their beliefs may just be more of a byproduct of the country and traditions they were born into.
    How do we know where you came from .. you asked your mother right, and she showed you your birth certificate and told you the story how she met your dad and had a family, correct? Now.. she's shown evidence (paper birth certificate) and gave you the " story " ... now it's on you to " trust " believe your mom ... and then as you got older you read books about reproduction and sex and then you met a lady and figured it out for yourself and now you know without shadow of doubt.

its the same thing here, Adam was the first man.. there is a genealogy, there is a davidic bloodline, there is a creation " story " ...of how man was made of clay and woman of mans rib, do you believe the story, you don't right now ... i do because I've read the Book and i understand what's going on through out and something happened to me and the blessings and the things that keep happening around me help to the conclusion of what i know (Gods real) and i feel bad for you that you don't, but there's nothing i can do but pray one day you trust God and start from there...
    Last edited by brainfreeze; 04-02-17 at 07:38 PM.

BigDofBA

Many great scientists are Christian. They aren't mutually exclusive concepts.

How can you learn that 1 cell of human DNA has 3billion pair letters like a computer code and not believe in intelligent design?
    The Bible said God was omnipotent. If he designed earth, then his design has several flaws. Disease, disabilities, natural disasters, etc. As a Christian you would blame that on man for sinning; however, God created man in his own image so if man is flawed, how is God not flawed?

Also, how could God ever be perfect if we have nothing to judge him on other than the rules he has given us? Do you not see how these ideas in the bible started falling apart when pressure is applied to them?

If you're in an airplane would you rather have an atheist pilot land the plan or rely solely on prayer to land?

If you were deathly ill, would you stay at home and pray to God about it or goto the doctor?

If you were born in the Middle East do you still think you would be a Christian? If you were born in Israel do you still think you would be Christian? I guess you're just lucky God chose to have you born in America since we're a Christian nation and all other religions are wrong.

spro23

BigDofBA ----trillions of mile of empty space observed, yet we are the only sentient beings. You think that's a coincidence?

And if your atheist utopia society accepted Darwinism we would get rid of all non-whites because they generally have lower IQs

BigDofBA

How do we know where you came from .. you asked your mother right, and she showed you your birth certificate and told you the story how she met your dad and had a family, correct? Now.. she's shown evidence (paper birth certificate) and gave you the " story " ... now it's on you to " trust " believe your mom ...

its the same thing here, Adam was the first man.. there is a genealogy, there is a davidic bloodline, there is a creation " story " ...of how man was made of clay and woman of mans rib, do you believe the story, you don't right now ... and i feel bad for you that you don't, but there's nothing i can do but pray one day you trust God and start from there...
    I have baby pictures and lived with my mom and dad. My personal experience is my evidence. Not some book.

Using that logic I could pull any fiction book off the shelf at the local libary and ask you how you couldn't believe it since it's written in a book.

Using that logic I could say the Quran is the only correct way to live one's life. You don't believe the Quran or Torah so why is it absurd for me to disbelieve the Quran, Torah, and your Bible?

This all goes back to one of my original points. You can't prove the Bible by quoting the Bible. Otherwise the Quran is true, the Torah is true, the story of the tooth fairy is true, etc.

Now, if I said I took a video of someone walking on water and posted it Facebook live, that's a game changer. Or, if I was in person and took a picture of Muhammad flying to heaven on a winged horse and then scientists captured the horse and people could see it, that also changes things.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 04-02-17 at 07:48 PM.

BigDofBA

BigDofBA ----trillions of mile of empty space observed, yet we are the only sentient beings. You think that's a coincidence?
    We probably aren't the only sentient beings. We just aren't advanced enough yet to actually discover other planets that may contain life. Hell, there could be an advanced civilization out in space that is laughing their ass off at us right now. We have nuclear weapons pointed at each other and we're constantly killing and destroying our planet.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...-say/98244676/

I understand the allure of region and eternal life. I really do. I also understand the fear of hell and death and how that makes it very uncomfortable for people to question it if they were born religious. I'm just presenting different ideas in hopes that people will at least consider them.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

I have baby pictures and lived with my mom and dad. My personal experience is my evidence. Not some book.

Using that logic I could pull any fiction book off the shelf at the local libary and ask you how you couldn't believe it since it's written in a book.

Using that logic I could say the Quran is the only correct way to live one's life.
    You don't believe the Quran or Torah so why is it absurd for me to disbelieve the Quran, Torah, and your Bible?
    THE CREATION STORY IS THE OLDEST STORY KNOWN TO MAN... it's not just " a book " it's the oldest known stories, these stories were passed down orally for centuries.THE QURAN WASNT EVEN A TWINKLE OF A THOUGHT YET... come on d, get it together bud...

all creation stories from all the oldest cultures speak of a flood ... this is FACTS d

spro23

That's the point BIGD--- with moral relativism these idiot young liberals are easily indoctrinated into Marxism. They need something to believe in and the state fills the void, telling them muslims, trannys, and other shit is acceptable

IAG

BigDofBA

THE CREATION STORY IS THE OLDEST STORY KNOWN TO MAN... it's not just " a book " it's the oldest known stories, these stories were passed down orally for centuries.THE QURAN WASNT EVEN A TWINKLE OF A THOUGHT YET... come on d, get it together bud...
    all creation stories from all the oldest cultures speak of a flood ... this is FACTS d
    And what's your point? You're correct, it's a "story". Does that mean it's true? The Muslims pass down a story about Muhammad flying to heaven on a winged horse....

People also used to think the earth was the center of the universe and flat. That was passed on for a long time too. Hell, the story of the tooth fairy and Santa Clause are passed on....does that mean they're true.

I think the problem here is that I'm looking for evidence. What is evidence to you isn't evidence to me. Stories, faith, etc. aren't enough for me.

I know I'm not going to change your mind. I'm not trying to. You don't believe in Islam or Judaism...neither do I. The only difference between you and me is that you accept one more God than I do.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

What if we are a video game being played by a big kid? What if we are an ant farm being watched by little kids?
    Wonder if our parallel world is as screwed up as this one?

Seriously. Most of you know this story before. I asked a preacher what he thought of the life after death stories.
    He told me he had many people personally tell him of their visits to the other side when they had died and came
    back after being revived.

He said, what he preached, was completely different from what those people told him.

Most stories of those who crossed over and came back are that of love, extreme beauty and conversing with thought.

I believe a Jesus walked the earth, as there is physical proof that. Son of God could be far fetched, but if you take
    just a smidgen of what he said (extreme love) and did (resurrected) is pretty much the same as what those who died
    and came back experienced.

I believe anything living that has loved will go to another place that is comprised of love. (heaven) If you lived your
    life on hate, that is where you will go, a place comprised of hate. (hell)

brainfreeze
    Meaning

I think the problem here is that I'm looking for evidence. What is evidence to you isn't evidence to me. Stories, faith, etc. aren't enough for me.
    First thing ... you belittling me and underestimating my intellect and judgment is your first problem. i understand the Spirit, i understand God, not completely but i have an understanding ... you don't.

i have my evidence of historical FACT, genealogical, archeological, prophecy, The Word, and witnesses (including apostles) and of the Spirit. The carnal " evidence " of these things happening is there d, you are in denial... you just tell yourself " these people are just dumb and believe anything " yet the reality of the situation is anything but that..

BigDofBA

First thing ... you belittling me and underestimating my intellect and judgment is your first problem. i understand the Spirit, i understand God, not completely but i have an understanding ... you don't.

i have my evidence of historical FACT, genealogical, archeological, and of the Spirit. The carnal " evidence " of these things happening is there d, you are in denial... you just tell yourself " these people are just dumb and believe anything " yet the reality of the situation is anything but that..
    You shouldn't take it as belittling as that is not what I ever intend. You're well spoken and do a good job of trying to communicate your message.

I have Christian friends that are very intelligent. I also have Christian friends that don't goto Church or even read the Bible so I can't even have a discussion with them but they say they still have faith...

I also have atheist friends that are very intelligent.

At the end of the day, studying human behavior in general is very interesting to me. Like I've said, I understand the allure of religion, eternal life, and getting 70 virgins when you die. I'm just not holding my breath. What I do know is that I have this life so I'm going to live it to the fullest and spend time with the people that are important in my life like my family. To me, is sad to put off things in hopes that you can make up for it in some afterlife that we can't even agree exists.

It's fascinating that people will blow themselves up on one side of the world for their God. It's also fascinating that people on the other side of the world believe in God too but think those that blow themselves up in God's name are the enemy.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

The Bible said God was omnipotent. If he designed earth, then his design has several flaws. Disease, disabilities, natural disasters, etc. As a Christian you would blame that on man for sinning; however, God created man in his own image so if man is flawed, how is God not flawed?

God is perfect, knows no sin...that's how God is not flawed. We brought knowledge of good/evil into the equation. Now man has to find out that he is flawed, get back to God (personally) and reach for perfection ...on earth, staying close to God, that's the goal.. that's why mans flawed and God isn't.

Also, how could God ever be perfect if we have nothing to judge him on other than the rules he has given us? Do you not see how these ideas in the bible started falling apart when pressure is applied to them?

Nothing has fell apart, that's more of your own stinking thinking, The Holy Scriptures have withstood the test of time. As for judging God, He created you not the opposite. He is Father, He is Master, He is King, He is perfect. We don't judge perfection because we don't have that capacity to judge on His level. We bow...and HE lifts us up with Him.

If you're in an airplane would you rather have an atheist pilot land the plan or rely solely on prayer to land?

LOL my grandfather believed in Christ and flew for delta for many years. He would land safely and pray Jesus doing so

If you were deathly ill, would you stay at home and pray to God about it or goto the doctor?

i was this week, oh my was it terrible and yes i did a lot of praying ... also took a 100mg of zinc and vitamins everyday with a lot of water. i got over the stuff in no time.. why do you think Christians shouldn't go to doctors, when it is CHRISTIANS who ARE DOCTORS .. my mothers a r.n of 35 years btw, Christian and could trip you out with some stories " if you believed her ".

If you were born in the Middle East do you still think you would be a Christian? If you were born in Israel do you still think you would be Christian? I guess you're just lucky God chose to have you born in America since we're a Christian nation and all other religions are wrong

There is Christians dying everyday in the Middle East. You don't know the times you are living in d. You don't know how serious things are around the world right now, tensions are high...yes, Christians are being raped, and slaughtered, displaced and forgotten RIGHT NOW.. but yes you are blessed to be in an America that has CHISTIAN values and morals ...

Bold d

BigDofBA

I disagree with a lot of that but am on my phone so it's hard to quote it all.

"God is perfect and knows no sin"

How can that be true when his own creation (man) is an bunch of sinners? If God is all knowing, how did he not see that coming? Obviously he isn't all knowing or he would have known man would sin thus reducing 90% of his creation to ashes in hell...

As for your grandfather being a pilot, that's pretty cool. With that said, you didn't answer the question....

I'm glad you're feeling better but I doubt it was because of prayer. If that's the case, why did God let you get sick in the first place? Moreover, why does disease and sickness even exist? If God created everything that means he creates disease and sickness.

And Finally, yes, I'm glad I live in Christian America rather than Muslim Iraq/Syria. I got lucky to be surrounded by the more advanced religion. Thank "God". People in America don't actually own slaves anymore or stone women even though the Bible talks about. We're more advanced than that.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 04-02-17 at 08:48 PM.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

I disagree with a lot of that but am on my phone so it's hard to quote it all.
    Take your time, come back to the others when and if you want ...

"God is perfect and knows no sin"

How can that be true when his own creation (man) is an bunch of sinners? If God is all knowing, how did he not see that coming? Obviously he isn't all knowing or he would have known man would sin thus reducing 90% of his creation to ashes in hell...

Well, there's a verse in the Bible that goes " o Lucifer son of the morning star, how have thou falling and loss thy grace " .. as if God was asking how lucifer could do that, he was the most beautiful and powerful angel of Gods ...bet that hurt man, it's like your child stabbing you in the back and taking some of his brothers and sisters " 33% " of the other angels down with him in his deluded thinking .. so though God knows what evil will produce and in the end through the destruction will serve God any how, He still doesn't know sin, why He didn't see lucifer starting this war.. that God will end btw. He's a fair God and a just God ...

As for your grandfather being a pilot, that's pretty cool. With that said, you didn't answer the question....

Yes i did, i said he would land it praying ... that's who i would want landing the plane i was in. A knowledgeable man with good understandings of flying planes and a trust and faith in God.

I'm glad you're feeling better but I doubt it was because of prayer. If that's the case, why did God let you get sick in the first place? Moreover, why does disease and sickness even exist? If God created everything that means he creates disease and sickness.

Well im human, and the body adapts differently. What gets me sick might not get you sick. Genetics, immune system strength, vitamin deficiency..there's many reasons. There's many ways to stay pre ready as well, i didn't ...therefore got sick, haven't been treating my body very well either ...eating junk, and just different things like cigarette chemicals hurt the body ...

And Finally, yes, I'm glad I live in Christian America rather than Muslim Iraq/Syria. I got lucky to be surrounded by the more advanced religion. Thank "God". People in America don't actually own slaves anymore or stone women even though the Bible talks about. We're more advanced than that

Well, if we all started chopping babies at the square and worshipping satan in public, would you love this and cheer it on everyday with some fresh brewed tea, or would you say, these people need to be beat and destroyed, enslaved, rehabbed ...and see where they go, cuz this ain't gonna work, yay or nay ?

Bold

brainfreeze
    Meaning

One day you will get your wish, the veil will be lifted .. you will see the face of Jesus who loves you very much, and then you will stand trial for your life ... and your sins will be judged, and the accuser (satan) will be presenting a good case for you to go to the depths of hell ...i think your probably a good person in your life, your parents raised you well, ( Christian parents, right?) just accept God and be happy, my goodness...

it goes past your understanding ... just take my word d, or keep studying man, IM TELLING YOU GOD STRIKE ME IF I LIE.... THIS RUNS DEEP d, ever heard that saying? This story of Jesus is beyond new meanings of level of how deep this river runs ... keep seeking,

brainfreeze
    Meaning

And if your atheist utopia society accepted Darwinism we would get rid of all non-whites because they generally have lower IQs
    LOL ...and he feels bad for slaves

You first point is pretty deep ... trillions of miles of open space, should make all observers of such feel special, they are... all these beautiful things for us, WOMEN, (beautiful women) and children (beautiful innocence) the scenes, the animals, and moon, stars, and sun. The planets, and how they effect space, tide, and time..

cocks crow at 5:30 the birds knowing do north, or migrating patterns rather on land and water. There's just so many natural phenomenon to stand and think on..
    Last edited by brainfreeze; 04-02-17 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Forgot a very beautiful part, had to add!

brainfreeze
    Meaning

. I seek the truth. If God were to come down from heaven and present himself to me I would believe.
    Careful what you ask for... but God would have to have a serious plan for your life if that was the case...idk, I would just seek it out, and stop thinking people are dumb, some are but they in general aren't ..

Acts 9:1

1And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest, 2And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem. 3And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: 4And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
    Last edited by brainfreeze; 04-02-17 at 11:03 PM.

milwaukee mike

Careful what you ask for... but God would have to have a serious plan for your life if that was the case...idk, I would just seek it out, and stop thinking people are dumb, some are but they in general aren't ..

Acts 9:1

1And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest, 2And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem. 3And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: 4And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
    most humans are dumb, they listen to anything and spend most of their waking hours worried about stupid crap

it's much easier to trick someone than convince them they've been tricked

BigDofBA

Becoming an atheist happened over several years and was a journey for me.

I was raised Baptist so that's what I started out "believing"...with that said, as a kid it didn't make sense and the people in my Church were very judgmental. Ironically I felt like many of them were huge sinners when it wasn't Sunday.

Anyway, my progression went like this:

Baptist (child)
    Protestant (teen)
    Non-denominational (teen)
    Spiritual (college)
    Agnostic (college)
    Atheist (adult)

You've already heard a lot of my reasoning for not believing.

1. Horrible scripture in the Bible about slavery, killing, sexism, etc.

2. Science goes against religion. Ex. Earth is millions of years old not 6,000 years old. Hell, common sense, logic, and reason go against religion.

3. The inconstiencies with world religions (Judaism, Islam, Christianity, etc.)

4. Inconsistencies in the Bible and verses that contradict each other.

5. The concept of Hell.

Jews don't believe in hell and it's not even mentioned in the Old Testament. Hell is a cool concept if you're trying to make money off of people's fear.

How could anyone possibly enjoy heaven knowing some of their friends and family were in hell?
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 04-02-17 at 11:33 PM.

First 1234 Last