TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does DirecTV intentionally hire the dumbest people they can find?!

Rant for the day guys. Better to blow off steam on the forum than to go postal outside of here.

So the previous two months we've had huge water bills $200 and $461. Obviously an issue so had the water meter changed but they said it was definitely a leak somewhere. Confused us all because no loss of water pressure to the house and no standing water anywhere on the property. Ended up hiring a guy to bring out and excavator to chase the lines. Found the source but in the process he snagged the buried coax line to the DirecTV dish. Walked inside and all receivers are out, shocker.

Call DTV to inform them that hey, we accidentally cut a buried line and need a service order put in to get someone out to replace it. The call center girl says okay great I can try and help you, are you near your main box to the Genie? I say no, I'm outside looking at a cut cable- which is why I called you. I needed a drink anyway so I entertain her and walk back into the house and into the office where the main box is located. She asked could I see an error message on the tv. I say yes, its the one that says satellite not receiving a good source signal - again, makes sense because there's a cut cable. Okay great, sir, can you please try to reset your receiver and tell me what happens? I explain to her, please stop reading off of our dumbed down check list and listen to what I'm politely trying to tell you is the issue. She giggles and says okay great. Now can you do me a favor and look on the back of your receiver to ensure that all lines are firmly screwed in? I wanted to throw the damn phone and just said is your fuccking head screwed in firmly? Listen to what I'm telling you! The bitch tries to ask me since I already have the protection plan, do I want to upgrade it to the Premiere level in order to cover damaged hardware other than receivers. For only $12/month more? I politely said no, I just want to utilize then one I'm already paying you for and have a tech come out here and replace my buried line. She puts me on hold and comes back 4 minutes later and says Okay sir, unfortunately I'm not able to troubleshoot the problem from my end any further, looks like I'll need to set up a service call for you in order to resolve the issue.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

They should outsource their call center to India. You'd probably get smarter customer service reps.

TheSideBet

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post

They should outsource their call center to India. You'd probably get smarter customer service reps.
    They really would. My God its annoying.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Not joking, pretty sure the dumb twat for xfinity was sucking a dick when I activated my service. Customer service people are dumber than undecided voters.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

are you over 2 years with them?

just cancel it, then reorder for new lines, introductory rate and free nfl games

TheSideBet

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    are you over 2 years with them?

just cancel it, then reorder for new lines, introductory rate and free nfl games
    We just renewed everything in the past year or so, post AT&T purchase. New house so new lines and equipment. Had a few hiccups merging the accounts at first but got it resolved and a few discounts on the packages. Just watching wise, I have no complaints with the product but whether I'm calling in like yesterday or trying to watch online at times they could definitely improve customer service and their online space.

I ended up grabbing some coax pieces and splicing the cable together as a quick fix until they come out tomorrow and run a new cable. Just spliced it and then came in and ran the signal strength test a few times and reset the genie and all is well so far. We'll see how it goes tomorrow when the service guy rolls up.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I made a post about this back in the Summer. Always cancel. Wait 2-3 days. They send out a "Welcome Back Introductory Rate" it's cheaper than their current promotion. You get the Free Premium Channels for 90 days... Sunday Ticket. And a Free $200 Prepaid Card. Everyone should do this every 2 years.

TheMoneyShot

I also highly recommend going with 1 Genie Receiver and separate HD/DVR receivers in the household... much better signal and quality. Do Not go with the Mini Genies.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25129

Had a similar experience year ago at one my buildings when one of my workers ran over a satellite. Its like they have to read the card.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I made a post about this back in the Summer. Always cancel. Wait 2-3 days. They send out a "Welcome Back Introductory Rate" it's cheaper than their current promotion. You get the Free Premium Channels for 90 days... Sunday Ticket. And a Free $200 Prepaid Card. Everyone should do this every 2 years.
    im up in January, I was just going to go for sunday ticket and the introductory rate (after 30 min of saying no to all other offers and them acting like closing it)...so you say you can also get 200$ prepaid and free premium for 90 days???

my grandmas with dish network, not on contract now. every time they jack it up I just keep saying no, ill pay what I am in now or cancel it.still have to wait 25-35min for them to go through it all

TheSideBet

Solid info

TheSideBet

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    Had a similar experience year ago at one my buildings when one of my workers ran over a satellite. Its like they have to read the card.
    Mind-numbing

TheMoneyShot

im up in January, I was just going to go for sunday ticket and the introductory rate (after 30 min of saying no to all other offers and them acting like closing it)...so you say you can also get 200$ prepaid and free premium for 90 days???

my grandmas with dish network, not on contract now. every time they jack it up I just keep saying no, ill pay what I am in now or cancel it.still have to wait 25-35min for them to go through it all
    It's a real pain in the ass. That's for sure. I even had the head supervisor in the retention center on the phone.... just before I cancelled I tried to negotiate with her. I said... just give me your current promotion.... why do we have to go through all of this BS for? She said... I wish I could give you that rate... I don't even have it "listed" as an option for me to give to you. My hands are tied.

So I cancelled. They turned off the signal around midnight that day. I signed up with Playstation Vue for their Free 7 day promotion. I figured that would give me time to figure out what to do next. 3 days later I get an email from DirecTV... we're sorry you disconnected. Please take advantage of our "Welcome Back Promotion".

It's an official DirecTV sales center... not a 3rd party sales department. I will try and find you the link... or promo code.

They basically sign you back up on a 2 year agreement. Just like you are signing up for the very first time. Maybe in January or February they will have Sunday Ticket 2017? I don't know? Usually when Sunday Ticket isn't available.... they do give you a bigger promotion.
    Points Awarded:

RudyRuetigger gave TheMoneyShot 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheMoneyShot

Rudy... save this link. It's not featured on their webpage... Call the 888 number on top of the page. Tell them you disconnected.... and you were sent this offer. And yes I did receive the $200 prepaid card.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/conten...offer/comeback
    Points Awarded:

RudyRuetigger gave TheMoneyShot 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

RudyRuetigger

I wonder if there is a new link for the 2017 season, im making this call in a few weeks..will report here how it goes

TheMoneyShot

I wonder if there is a new link for the 2017 season, im making this call in a few weeks..will report here how it goes
    I believe the link will automatically update when their newest promotion is released. Look closely at the bottom of the page... offer ends 1/21/17. Sometimes they have a new offer immediately following the next day... sometimes it takes 5 business days.

I don't know exactly what DirecTV would offer just after a NFL season is completed? From years past... I think they offer an additional $100 off in savings? But, you sure as hell don't want to lose that nice $200 debit card.

I don't think DirecTV can offer you the 2017 NFL Ticket until they decide on the going rate for that year. May not be available until April or May 2017.

Best of luck

TheMoneyShot

Just some advice.... when you make the call... make sure you go over ALL FREEBIES while you're on the phone with the REP. I always double check. 1 Rep didn't want to give me the $200 debit card. But when the 2nd rep confirmed the order... he put it on the work order.

If you have your DirecTV acct number and are logged in at DirecTV.com click on "My Orders And Service Calls" from the menu. Once you agree on a package and discounts over the phone... within minutes your package will appear on the menu. All the discounts will appear on the screen. Rebate card... Premium Channels.... and pricing. It's a cool feature.

RudyRuetigger

thanks chief

will report back

I cant believe how many ppl don't do something after every 2

RudyRuetigger

well, I called dish...said just cancel it...I expected the bs run around offering me lower and lower rates until I finally accepted the minimum. they didn't even offer me one lower rate.

I guess I was too stern in saying cancel it. ive been playing that game with them for atleast a year without a contract

RudyRuetigger

next up is directv in a few weeks

RudyRuetigger

fukkin called again..said yea can I get same price I was paying, they said best they could do is $10 off. I said I'm going to directv

TheMoneyShot

well, I called dish...said just cancel it...I expected the bs run around offering me lower and lower rates until I finally accepted the minimum. they didn't even offer me one lower rate.

I guess I was too stern in saying cancel it. ive been playing that game with them for atleast a year without a contract
    next up is directv in a few weeks
    I'm slightly confused. You have Dish Network now.... and you were hoping for a lower rate with them?

I thought you had DirecTV... and you wanted a lower rate with them?

I'll PM you.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Has anyone tried to stream the Sunday Ticket? DirecTV so archaic with their service as opposed to Xfinity. I only stay as customer because of the Sunday Ticket but am reading you can stream the games.

I have the main Genie and 3 wireless and other than the 3 second delay from the main TV have had no other issues

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Has anyone tried to stream the Sunday Ticket? DirecTV so archaic with their service as opposed to Xfinity. I only stay as customer because of the Sunday Ticket but am reading you can stream the games.

I have the main Genie and 3 wireless and other than the 3 second delay from the main TV have had no other issues
    USC... how's the video/audio feed with those Mini Genies? I had a Main Genie... and 1 Mini Genie... and every time someone used the Mini Genie... the video/sound was just off a fraction of a second... lips were moving... and the words weren't matching the lips. Annoying as hell. I was in a previous 2 year contract with them... I was bitching up a storm because of this.

DirecTV didn't understand what was causing the issue. To try to fix the problem... I went through 3 different Mini Genie replacements. 2 Different Main Genie replacements. Ran 1 new coax cable to see if that was the problem. Nothing fixed the issue. My contract finally ended... I used that Welcome Back Code... told the rep about my issue... I use 1 Main Genie Receiver... and 1 HD/DVR Receiver... and I'm finally enjoying my DirecTV. Love it.

Those MINI Genie's are bullsh#$.

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 412

Just go with shaw cable

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

USC... how's the video/audio feed with those Mini Genies? I had a Main Genie... and 1 Mini Genie... and every time someone used the Mini Genie... the video/sound was just off a fraction of a second... lips were moving... and the words weren't matching the lips. Annoying as hell. I was in a previous 2 year contract with them... I was bitching up a storm because of this.

DirecTV didn't understand what was causing the issue. To try to fix the problem... I went through 3 different Mini Genie replacements. 2 Different Main Genie replacements. Ran 1 new coax cable to see if that was the problem. Nothing fixed the issue. My contract finally ended... I used that Welcome Back Code... told the rep about my issue... I use 1 Main Genie Receiver... and 1 HD/DVR Receiver... and I'm finally enjoying my DirecTV. Love it.

Those MINI Genie's are bullsh#$.
    TMS I have had no issue with the mini / wireless boxes at all....like I said, only real issue is that if you have the "main" TV on and have one of the additional TV's on the same channel, you get the 2 or 3 second delay from the main TV. Assuming this is because you are running off your wifi network with those boxes.

RudyRuetigger

i said id like to use this link...no cant use it for 1.5 years after cancellation.,,best they can do is $30 off...I said no...canceled

looks like that acct going to dish

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post

TMS I have had no issue with the mini / wireless boxes at all....like I said, only real issue is that if you have the "main" TV on and have one of the additional TV's on the same channel, you get the 2 or 3 second delay from the main TV. Assuming this is because you are running off your wifi network with those boxes.
    I never had the "wireless" ones. I heard it's the latest technology. When I resigned up with DirecTV the tech asked me if I wanted the wireless Genie system this time? I said no thank you. lol I just did 1 Genie Main Box and 1 HD/DVR regular box. Picture and Audio finally in-sync.

i said id like to use this link...no cant use it for 1.5 years after cancellation.,,best they can do is $30 off...I said no...canceled

looks like that acct going to dish
    Rudy... When you cancel DirecTV.... they will send out boxes so you send the receivers back to them. Look closely inside these boxes when they come. The promotion will be INSIDE THE BOX. "The Welcome Back Promotion"

Should be the exact same promotion.... as the link in this thread. I don't know why DirecTV does this? They are idiots... what can I say? To get a good deal... you have to put up with the BS. I know... it sucks.

TheMoneyShot

RUDY - I just clicked on that link. They updated the promotion thru April 22, 2017. If you read the fine print... you are entitled to NFL SUNDAY TICKET 2017 for FREE. So don't forget to tell them!

TheMoneyShot

DirecTV just had a price increase on 1/22/17

Unfukkingreal. Regional Fox Sports Fee went from $1.99 to $4.53

Package also increased $4.00 a month.

I hate these people.

I don't understand how are they allowed to quote you a price for 24 months. It's all in writing. They clearly tell you the price you'll pay for 12 months... and then from 13-24 months. But, when they have a price increase... they say they can't do anything about it??? How dumb are these people? You are under contract at the price they quoted you. Their the ones that locked you in! At that price. They can't just adjust the price whenever the feel like... under contract. They already breached their agreement. Phone call later on today. Tired of these aholes.

TheMoneyShot

Just got off the phone with DirecTV. I was lucky enough to get a one time credit of $30.00 off my bill. I basically said... I expected to pay $1.99 for 12 months. Not $4.53

Is there anything you can do to wash the difference?

You see... you can't change your programming for the first 12 months because all your discounts are computerized. If you downgrade... yes you'd lower your package price... but you'd lose all the discounts for the first 12 months. You can only change your programming on the 13th month if you want to lower your bill on the 2 year contract. A lot of new stuff to learn.

Playstation Vue will probably rule the Earth one day lol

RudyRuetigger

this is what happened with me...I called back day before my cancellation....he said hed lower my ultimate (I think) from 91 to 61....its 39.99 the first 2 yrs. I didn't get any other promo but I'm month to month instead of stuck in a contract

so if someone runs over it, tree falls on it, something in there burns up, I can just cancel and switch to dish. I thought this was a decent enough idea even though its not nfl package.....im payin 30 less on 2nd year and 25 more 1st yr but w.o worrying about a break

feel like its not as great as it could be but technically that isn't my house...my house is the one with canceled dish

TheMoneyShot

this is what happened with me...I called back day before my cancellation....he said hed lower my ultimate (I think) from 91 to 61....its 39.99 the first 2 yrs. I didn't get any other promo but I'm month to month instead of stuck in a contract
    so if someone runs over it, tree falls on it, something in there burns up, I can just cancel and switch to dish. I thought this was a decent enough idea even though its not nfl package.....im payin 30 less on 2nd year and 25 more 1st yr but w.o worrying about a break

feel like its not as great as it could be but technically that isn't my house...my house is the one with canceled dish
    As long as you're satisfied and saving $ it's all that matters No one should pay full price for TV

GTOGoat
    GTOGoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 348

Too bad they hold exclusive NFL Ticket rights until 2022

RudyRuetigger

As long as you're satisfied and saving $ it's all that matters No one should pay full price for TV
    its not at my place, I wouldn't accept it.

dish has offered $150 gift card now....I might just live online now though

12 Last