TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by GTOGoat View Post
    Too bad they hold exclusive NFL Ticket rights until 2022
    Makes me believe that DirecTV packages keep going up because of NFL Ticket.

The constant on air advertising doesn't help either. Don't understand why every company says... "it's in our budget" in regards to advertising. BS it isn't. DirecTV... Sprint... unreal the dollars lost on advertising.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

I thought if you cancelled DirectTV and went back, you had to wait a certain amount of time or you had to have a different name/address on the new account to get the intro rates and stuff

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    I thought if you cancelled DirectTV and went back, you had to wait a certain amount of time or you had to have a different name/address on the new account to get the intro rates and stuff
    As long as you fulfilled your initial 2 year agreement... you're ok.

I usually just get that Playstation Vue 7 day Free Trial. Then call and cancel your DirecTV. Once the shipping boxes arrive (to ship your receivers back to DirecTV.) Check inside the box... you'll see a "Welcome Back" promo code... it's actually cheaper than a new subscriber plan. If you don't see the "Welcome Back" promo.... check this thread... the link is in this thread. The added bonus is a $200 free VSA prepaid card. Once you're active with DirecTV again... cancel the Playstation Vue. That's how I handled it.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Have never paid for cable or sat in my life...a decade ago it came "free" with my on campus apartment, after I moved off campus I found everything I needed through streaming and downloads...really though, any movie, any show, any sporting event, all at the cost of internet service, after over 10 years no way I'd pay 50, 100, 150 a month...just crazy, probably saved 30 grand not paying for that stuff...plus all movies music and shows archived I can watch anytime offline...

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    Have never paid for cable or sat in my life...a decade ago it came "free" with my on campus apartment, after I moved off campus I found everything I needed through streaming and downloads...really though, any movie, any show, any sporting event, all at the cost of internet service, after over 10 years no way I'd pay 50, 100, 150 a month...just crazy, probably saved 30 grand not paying for that stuff...plus all movies music and shows archived I can watch anytime offline...

Does the video quality not really suck though? I have solid speed Internet wise and I still have issues

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Does the video quality not really suck though? I have solid speed Internet wise and I still have issues
    The longer the delay the higher the quality...

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    I totally agree with FREE. The issue is... I tried one of those Amazon Fire boxes... and the quality was horrible. Majority of the feeds are 720p not 1080p. If you do find a feed in 1080p... the servers are overloaded... and it won't be 1080p.
    I pay around $78.82 each month for 2 years with DirecTV. I'm satisfied with the programming.

Bobbywaves here at SBR will fill you in on that Amazon Box He loves it. It's just not worth it to me.

If you have 5 minutes to screw around and find a feed.... every time a game is on... have fun with that. And then when the feed goes down... waste another 5 minutes to find another feed. I'd rather have consistent programming and pay my $80 a month.

Again... it's all in your preference. I felt like I was 8 years old again watching a movie on Atari graphics with that box.

To make the box work properly you need around 30mbps on the download. But if the servers are overloaded... doesn't matter how fast your internet speed is.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Money have you heard of the Stream Smart thing? Thinking of pulling the trigger....PPV events....movies that are out now....all sporting events

streammart.tv

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Money have you heard of the Stream Smart thing? Thinking of pulling the trigger....PPV events....movies that are out now....all sporting events

streammart.tv
    I'll look into it. Thanks for the post. Again, depending how your entertainment setup is in your household... If you have a huge 65"+ TV... I can't see the feed being 100% 1080p etc. Would probably look distorted on an internet feed. But again... if you have a 32 inch in an office or work station etc... and you're killing time... free TV is the way to go.

All I'm saying is... I'd rather pay for quality. I put a lot of $ in my entertainment setup in my house. I want the 1080p and dolby digital 5.1 feed.

Some of these boxes/internet feeds are only 2 channel audio... again just stating the facts.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

I agree Money as the setup is important to me as well....this thing looks pretty legit with regard to picture quality and sound.....will keep you posted

purchased the Bose SoundTouch 300 Sound Bar a few weeks ago with optional surround sound speakers.....ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.....a bit pricy but well worth it as it completely blows away any sound bar we've ever had

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    DirecTV just had a price increase on 1/22/17

Unfukkingreal. Regional Fox Sports Fee went from $1.99 to $4.53

Package also increased $4.00 a month.

I hate these people.

I don't understand how are they allowed to quote you a price for 24 months. It's all in writing. They clearly tell you the price you'll pay for 12 months... and then from 13-24 months. But, when they have a price increase... they say they can't do anything about it??? How dumb are these people? You are under contract at the price they quoted you. Their the ones that locked you in! At that price. They can't just adjust the price whenever the feel like... under contract. They already breached their agreement. Phone call later on today. Tired of these aholes.

they are the best but price increases every year. at least I believe every year I saw a price increase.

Side Bet, you tell a funny story my friend.

First 12