Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 422

Any Healthy Eating Tips!

We pretty much eat fast food for breakfast lunch and dinner.

Sometimes I get a salad at McDonalds.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Eat freshly made sandwiches with fruit and iced tea. No fries, greasy food and soda.

Otters27

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Eat freshly made sandwiches with fruit and iced tea. No fries, greasy food and soda.
    What fast food joints can you get healthy foods at?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Otters does your mom cook?

try panera

Otters27

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Otters does your mom cook?

try panera
    We usually never cook. Panera huh. cool

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Otter you from ghetto?

It seems like it the way you post

charcoalbbq
    charcoalbbq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post

People who eat unhealthy don't know what feeling good is because they never experienced. If you want to experience what feeling good is try eating healthy for 15 days, then go back to your old eat way on the 16th day and see the difference. How you feel on that 16th day after clean eating 15 days is hwo you felt your entire life but you will only see how horrible it is when you go clean for 15 days.

Try this for 15 days:
    - Dont eat anything with Wheat, Oats, Rye or Barley
    - Don't eat any processed meat or food
    - Dont eat anything fried
    - Don't drink any pop or juice...even freshly squeezed.
    - dont cook the food in high heat...its ok to heat up the pan etc on high heat but after than everything should be cooked at medium, medium high or low heat dependign on food.

Instead eat---

- Potatoes, rice, quina, or anything without rye, wheat, oat or barley for carbs.
    - Eat a lot of veggies....greeny leafs and other color veggies
    - eat different type of fruit. anytime you crave soda/or juice eat a fruit instead
    - instead of drinking soda or juice, drunk water with lemon squeezed in it.
    - dont eat fruits right after eating a meal. dont drink too much water right before or right after eating a meal.
    - fruits are best eaten 30 mins to 1hour before a meal or 2 horus after a meal.
    - eat nuts....but eat them raw coated with nothing. don't eat those sugar coated or salted roasted nuts.
    - eat good fats in form of avocado and nuts. fat is good as long as its good fat. sugar is bad.
    -try to eat whole foods ...prepare them with fresh stuff instead of frozen or packaged food.
    balance out your die with above for 15 days and see how you feel.

of course in today's world and lifestyle this seems impossible but you will see the benefit only if you try.
    Points Awarded:

Isaiah gave charcoalbbq 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Isaiah, and gavin

Otters27

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Otter you from ghetto?

It seems like it the way you post
    Not from the ghetto but we are more of the lower class type the way we live. My mom does have a pretty good job though.

Otters27

Quote Originally Posted by charcoalbbq View Post
    People who eat unhealthy don't know what feeling good is because they never experienced. If you want to experience what feeling good is try eating healthy for 15 days, then go back to your old eat way on the 16th day and see the difference. How you feel on that 16th day after clean eating 15 days is hwo you felt your entire life but you will only see how horrible it is when you go clean for 15 days.

Try this for 15 days:
    - dont cook the food in high heat...its ok to heat up the pan etc on high heat but after than everything should be cooked at medium, medium high or low heat dependign on food.

Instead eat---

- Potatoes, rice, quina, or anything without rye, wheat, oat or barley for carbs.
    - eat different type of fruit. anytime you crave soda/or juice eat a fruit instead
    - dont eat fruits right after eating a meal. dont drink too much water right before or right after eating a meal.
    - eat nuts....but eat them raw coated with nothing. don't eat those sugar coated or salted roasted nuts.
    - eat good fats in form of avocado and nuts. fat is good as long as its good fat. sugar is bad.
    -try to eat whole foods ...prepare them with fresh stuff instead of frozen or packaged food.

of course in today's world and lifestyle this seems impossible but you will see the benefit only if you try.
    So oatmeal is unhealthy?

gavin
    gavin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9025

drink eggs for morning meal, eat salad from panera at lunch(they tell you the calories) eat salad with grilled chicken or steak with feta cheese at dinner...drink 1 cup of water per hour...pack skoal dips to curb your appetite

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

What fast food joints can you get healthy foods at?
    Alon's Bakery

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I microwave a stick of butter and drink it every morning

Isaiah
    Isaiah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6957

Become a vegetarian. I did 12 years ago and it is the best lifestyle decision I've ever made.

Lost 75 lbs., weigh what I did in high school, energy level increased significantly, food tastes like it did when I was a kid i.e. fantastic.

Health is excellent with all the significant numbers right where they should be, no flu's or cold's or other illnesses. Mind is clear and memory sharper than ever.

Eat as much as I want whenever I want without gaining weight.

Grocery shopping is quicker, easier and less expensive. Contrary to misconceptions cooking meals is easy and fast.

Helping the environment and not contributing to the animal cruelty business.

Could write a thesis on the wide swath of positives this brings into your life but why bother. Nobody wants to give up the garbage called "food" that has turned your body into a toxic waste dump. And they can't figure out why they are sick.

See http://www.vegetariantimes.com/artic...-a-vegetarian/ for the benefits.
    Last edited by Isaiah; 12-09-15 at 08:34 PM.

charcoalbbq

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah View Post
    Become a vegetarian. I did 12 years ago and it is the best lifestyle decision I've ever made.

Lost 75 lbs., weigh what I did in high school, energy level increased significantly, food tastes like it did when I was a kid i.e. fantastic.

Health is excellent with all the significant numbers right where they should be, no flu's or cold's or other illnesses. Mind is clear and memory sharper than ever.

Eat as much as I want whenever I want without gaining weight.

Grocery shopping is quicker, easier and less expensive. Contrary to misconceptions cooking meals is easy and fast.

Helping the environment and not contributing to the animal cruelty business.

Could write a thesis on the wide swath of positives this brings into your life but why bother. Nobody wants to give up the
    garbage called "food" that has turned your body into a toxic waste dump. And they can't figure out why they are sick.

See http://www.vegetariantimes.com/artic...-a-vegetarian/ for the benefits.
    Being a vegetarian is a very good choice but lot of people dont know what or how to eat when they are vegetarian. If you dont know how to be a vegetarian, you will be on the same boat as all the other bad eaters.

charcoalbbq

So oatmeal is unhealthy?
    In the long run yes. Wheat is the worst. Oatmeal not as bad but still bad. Its not the Oats that is bad, but the protein in it.....its called Gluten.

Gluten is not an allergy like many believe. Gluten is very hard for the stomach to breakdown and this unbroken protein molecules slowly damages yoru small intestine and causes inflamation in the long run. Simply by cutting Gluten from your diet, you can feel good after 2 weeks.

Isaiah

Being a vegetarian is a very good choice but lot of people dont know what or how to eat when they are vegetarian. If you dont know how to be a vegetarian, you will be on the same boat as all the other bad eaters.
    True but it isn't rocket science. With the copious resources available on the internet it's easy to educate oneself on how to do it correctly.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

lol

your health is determined by your genetic family tree for the most part

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I only like to eat things with a face.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Otters27

Cool thanks c bbq

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

Great thread!

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Try this for 15 days:

Instead eat---

You sound like my wife.

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

you will die early... are you being serious or being a fukkin idiot?

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Mix in some wild game.

#LiveOffTheLand

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Mix in some wild game.

#LiveOffTheLand

Isaiah

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

Easiest first step is to drink nothing but water. If you eat fast food try not eating the bread or fries. Don't be to hard on yourself you got to enjoy food but a good rule of thumb is if you can't grow it or kill it you should probably not eat it. Personally wouldn't recommend a vegetarian diet unless you supplement with protein and B vitamins.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7870

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    You sound like my wife.
    SHE SOUNDS LIKE MY WIFE!

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

i eat pizza 5 times a week

probably gonna die soon

tri levels thru the roof

starting diet tomorrow

anything I eat will be better than fast food and pizza lol

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Otters over/under 3 bills?

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Otters who has a better ceiling? Stevie K, Leafer or you?

jihadvillager
    jihadvillager's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6232

Gradual changes are most likely to last longer. Consistency over a long period of time will get you results, not going hardcore then falling off- maybe start by fixing one meal at a time. If you hate vegetables a quick way to get them is to buy "power greens" prewashed from Costco (kale, spinach, broccoli, carrots, celery, nasty dark green veggies are good) blend it in a Vitamix or good blender and chug a few cups including the pulp before your dinner. This fills up your stomach and leaves less room for less healthy foods. You can follow it up with some chicken or steak for a paleo dinner. Taking a spoonful of fiber mixed with a cup of water prior to each meal also helps to speed up your digestive system and curb your appetite a bit.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bigballa

parlayin
    parlayin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2037

Hard part is that eating is one of the few things we get to enjoy each day and there aren't many healthy foods that taste good. Makes eating more of a pain than a joy. None of the stuff mentioned above as healthy sounds tasty. Going to the store to buy veggies to come home and juice is just another set of chores that most people already hate doing, on top of working jobs we don't like

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10476

son if you where homeless anything you could get would be called healthy food. , IF you can get it , but yes my favorite is collard greens and lard free biscuits

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Quote Originally Posted by parlayin View Post
    Hard part is that eating is one of the few things we get to enjoy each day and there aren't many healthy foods that taste good. Makes eating more of a pain than a joy. None of the stuff mentioned above as healthy sounds tasty. Going to the store to buy veggies to come home and juice is just another set of chores that most people already hate doing, on top of working jobs we don't like
    This

12 Last