TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Photo: States Highlighted In RED Are Refusing Syrian Refugees

I'm in Michigan. I feel a little safer being boxed in... at least something is working out.

Now, every state needs to do this.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bigballa

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11660

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I'm in Michigan. I feel a little safer being boxed in... at least something is working out.
    Michigan and Louisiana are feeling very snug and comfy today. Look for an uptick in real estate values and mental wellness in these two states.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

I'm in PA. We are less than a handful that will accept, thanks to my tax and spend Dem Gov.

TheMoneyShot

Laugh all you guys want. Being in Michigan... we always make the wrong moves and never have anything to look forward to.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33462

Your post is incorrect. The Governors of 27 states have stated they won't accept Syrian refugees, but they have no legal authority to do so.

This is grandstanding, pure and simple.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Your post is incorrect. The Governors of 27 states have stated they won't accept Syrian refugees, but they have no legal authority to do so.

This is grandstanding, pure and simple.
    How is my post incorrect? States can fight Federal Law. Clearly the governors are not welcoming refugees.

Again... call it whatever you want. But it clearly shows that States are telling the Feds... you guys are full of sh#$ and it ain't happening.

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

One male refugee who was released in Louisiana recently has already gone missing. FBI asked where he went off to after leaving the charity home in Baton Rouge and were given the answer 'We don't ask where they go, not out job to monitor there whereabouts'. SO much for that 100% vetting and tracking narrative the White House is giving us?

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

kinda disappointing for me.... i was lookin' forward to baggin me a couple of dusty nuts cab drivers this huntin' season....

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

Kansas is not accepting.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11660

Quote Originally Posted by TheSideBet View Post
    SO much for that 100% vetting and tracking narrative the White House is giving us?
    Obama should do the right thing and resign. He'd be more effective organizing ISIS communities in Syria.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Ian is correct. Refugee program is funded with federal dollars. States can voice their disapproval, but Obama can over ride it and put them where he wants. He may choose to put them in states that don't wish to accept them. Ultimately it's his call

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Now, every state needs to do this.
    You feel safe? I thought Dearborn Michigan was the capital for arab americans

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    It is that's why I'm Who wants to bomb michigan though I'm sure it's pretty far down on their list of targets so there's safety there I guess but not because they aren't there.

THE_LOCKSMITH

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    It is that's why I'm Who wants to bomb michigan though I'm sure it's pretty far down on their list of targets so there's safety there I guess but not because they aren't there.
    not that they want to bomb Michigan but that it has a very large muslim population already

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah I was agreeing with you...I was scratching my head about him feeling safe because they're already there.

retard
    retard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

Laugh all you guys want. Being in Michigan... we always make the wrong moves and never have anything to look forward to.
    Michigan already accepted the most out of any state.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

We've accepted around 100,000 Iraqi and afghan refugees and not a one has been suspected of terrorism. Don't think the terrorists would have gone this route already? Our screening is so much different from Europe

This whole refugee thing is over blown and creating panic amongst the masses for votes. The governors know Obama has the final say so at this point It's political posturing
    Last edited by daneblazer; 11-17-15 at 07:35 PM.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

We shouldn't be taking any refugees period! I don't care where they come from. We get enough already from Mexico.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    We shouldn't be taking any refugees period! I don't care where they come from. We get enough already from Mexico.
    those aren't refugees

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    those aren't refugees
    no shit

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I'm in a state that is currently taking refugees, no problems here.

This reminds me of the ebola outbreak. All the rightwingers here got all hyped up by Foxnews, started spewing how anyone that had been to Africa recently should be quarantined or net let back in the US, they got all worked up over the potential of thousands of Americans dying from ebola, and it was all OBAMAS fault

Then two people died and no one was heard from again admitting how wrong they were. FTR, lightning killed 23 people last year

Here's the problem, the opinions on ebola were based out of ignorance, no understanding of how ebola is contracted and spread. They were just regurgitating what they heard on Foxnews.

This is the same thing. People being ignorant about a situation and having an opinion.

In a few months when everything has settled, no attacks happen and Fox quits using this as a political piece, everyone will move on and get worked up by the next big thing that obamas fukking up
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: rkelly110

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post

not that they want to bomb Michigan but that it has a very large muslim population already
    Yes, I use to work in Dearborn back in 1998-1999. It was slowly turning at the time. I use to work at Chase and Warren Ave. Anyone who lives near there in Michigan... knows what I'm talking about. Back then... it was slowly turning. But Warren Ave was like DOWNTOWN for Arabs. There were still about 60% white business owners at the time... they all sold slowly... one by one.

I took a drive down Warren Ave about 5 years ago... and there really isn't any English down the road. Only Arabic writing everywhere.

Again... I'm not a racist. Very friendly to get along with... that's why it never bothered me.

I live about 10 minutes away from Dearborn now.

What was odd... the day after the Paris attacks... a home 6 houses down from mine had like 12 luxury cars around their property and down the street. In my subdivision... the race is like... 50% white... 25% black... 25% Asian, Arabic etc. When I was driving away that night... there were 3 arabic women all dressed with only their eyes showing. I figured perhaps.... the women were cooking for their men? I heard that's what they do.... the wives meet up... and cook for large gatherings for their men... and then leave.

I spoke to one of my friends who works for Homeland Security... he said give me their address and let me do a check just in case. I did that yesterday.

It was just odd because.... I've owned this home for 7 years... never did I see any gathering that large on my street for one home in my life.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Yes, I use to work in Dearborn back in 1998-1999. It was slowly turning at the time. I use to work at Chase and Warren Ave. Anyone who lives near there in Michigan... knows what I'm talking about. Back then... it was slowly turning. But Warren Ave was like DOWNTOWN for Arabs. There were still about 60% white business owners at the time... they all sold slowly... one by one.

I took a drive down Warren Ave about 5 years ago... and there really isn't any English down the road. Only Arabic writing everywhere.

Again... I'm not a racist. Very friendly to get along with... that's why it never bothered me.

I live about 10 minutes away from Dearborn now.

What was odd... the day after the Paris attacks... a home 6 houses down from mine had like 12 luxury cars around their property and down the street. In my subdivision... the race is like... 50% white... 25% black... 25% Asian, Arabic etc. When I was driving away that night... there were 3 arabic women all dressed with only their eyes showing. I figured perhaps.... the women were cooking for their men? I heard that's what they do.... the wives meet up... and cook for large gatherings for their men... and then leave.

I spoke to one of my friends who works for Homeland Security... he said give me their address and let me do a check just in case. I did that yesterday.

It was just odd because.... I've owned this home for 7 years... never did I see any gathering that large on my street for one home in my life.
    Unbelievable

Now we have posters turning in a group of people for....... Wait for it..... More than one Muslim occupying a household at a time

Tell your buddy to go ahead and skip the investigation. Any DA would simply dismiss the findings knowing that there was no probable cause to start investigating them in the first place. Wearing a hijab and convening with friends isn't illegal in this country.

Maybe I should contact the DOJ, let them get your IP address from SBRJOHN, get your buddys name and then they could begin investigating him. Wouldn't go too well for him

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Unbelievable

Now we have posters turning in a group of people for....... Wait for it..... More than one Muslim occupying a household at a time

Tell your buddy to go ahead and skip the investigation. Any DA would simply dismiss the findings knowing that there was no probable cause to start investigating them in the first place. Wearing a hijab and convening with friends isn't illegal in this country.

Maybe I should contact the DOJ, let them get your IP address from SBRJOHN, get your buddys name and then they could begin investigating him. Wouldn't go too well for him
    Krak settle down. Ever heard of precautionary? He's the one that asked me for the address. We were just shooting the sh#$ back and forth. I don't see anything wrong with it. That's what it's come down to.

It's running an address. Not a full scale SWAT on his home. Geeezus

AchillesTG
    AchillesTG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6000

Media and Politicians firing up the fear monger machines, just like with ebola and a mosque near the 9/11 site.

How about a few facts!

The U.S. system of refugee resettlement has a long history of successfully integrating refugees, having welcomed more than 3 million refugees since 1975: the vast majority of refugees are grateful to their adopted country for receiving them. Those selected for resettlement are the victims of governmental persecution and/or terrorism, not the perpetrators, and they tend to be the fiercest critics of extremist groups and tyrannical governments, having suffered at their hands. Throughout this history, there has never been a terrorist attack successfully perpetrated on U.S. soil by an individual who had been admitted to the country as a refugee. In the exceptionally rare cases where someone admitted as a refugee has been suspected of ties to groups interested in harming the United States, it has often been other former refugees from within the same ethnic community who have alerted law enforcement.

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

I heard the same story you guys did yesterday that no refugee has ever been arrested and so forth but today we are seeing new reports that contradict that claim. Who knows who to believe at this point.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-terror.html

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...mid-ISIS-fears

My personal opinion is since the politicians are saying they can fly vet and vouch for every single refugee they bring here but the FBI, CIA and others who do the vetting say they cannot, give me the sense to just say let's not rule it out but instead take a deep breath and slow it down until things pan out. I personally hate knee jerk reactions to anything.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

What if...the refugees were confederate refugees?

THE_LOCKSMITH

Quote Originally Posted by AchillesTG View Post
    M hroughout this history, there has never been a terrorist attack successfully perpetrated on U.S. soil by an individual who had been admitted to the country as a refugee.
    the Tsarnaev parents and Dzhokhar went to the United States on a 90-day tourist **** Anzor Tsarnaev applied for asylum, citing fears of deadly persecution due to his ties to Chechnya.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

the Tsarnaev parents and Dzhokhar went to the United States on a 90-day tourist **** Anzor Tsarnaev applied for asylum, citing fears of deadly persecution due to his ties to Chechnya.

again, they weren't refugees

AchillesTG
    AchillesTG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6000

A debate over Syrian asylum seekers in the wake of the Paris attacks spurred social media rumors that the Tsarnaev brothers were refugees, but the family actually entered the U.S. on tourist visas in 2001.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Asylees are different than refugees. You can have a layover in the US, go to an embassy, and ask for asylum. Refugees are fleeing their country and are brought in after a long screening process.

TheMoneyShot

I just don't understand the refugee situation????

What is a refugee?

True definition?

Someone who just leaves their homeland to come to the USA for???? For??? WHAT?

It sounds like a damn nursery school in the USA.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

This is probably the best way I can describe it…

A refugee is defined in international law and in the Refugee Act of 1980 as a
    person who is outside his or her country of nationality and who is unable or unwilling to
    return to that country because of persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution, based on
    race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or membership in a particular social group.
    Refugees apply for and receive this status prior to entry into the United States, unlike asylees
    who acquire their status after arrival in the United States. Processing usually takes place in a
    third country where they have claimed temporary asylum after fleeing their homes. In some
    countries designated by the President each year, such as in Cuba, Vietnam, Iraq, and some
    countries of the former Soviet Union, individuals may apply for processing in their own
    country. Once approved overseas by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS),
    refugees are admitted under Section 207 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).

Asylees…
    The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) may grant asylum status
    only to someone who is physically present in the United States or at a port of entry. Asylum
    status is granted under Section 208 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), pursuant to
    the Refugee Act of 1980. Asylees meet the refugee definition, that is, they have
    demonstrated unwillingness or inability to return to their country of origin because of a
    history of persecution and/or well-founded fear of persecution due to their race, nationality,
    religion, political opinion, or membership in a social group. To claim asylum a person must
    already be in the United States or at a U.S. port of entry and undergo an interview with the
    USCIS or an immigration judge.

THE_LOCKSMITH

coming over on a tourist v-i-s-a and claiming asylum Vs being brought somewhere as a refugee is arguing semantics

123 Last