BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Accepting refuguess from Syria is really no different than a modern day Trojan horse.

I don't know how anyone could think this is a good idea.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Is this guy trying to Netflix and Chill with refugees?

I’m the son of immigrants that came to the US, and the least I can do is take the kindness and compassion I’ve been given, and pay it forward.Because I was born in the US, I’ve been blessed with opportunities that most people around the world do not have. I would not be here if it wasn’t for the compassion and kindness of people in this country.

I would not be here if it wasn’t for the citizens of the US who’ve opened their arms and homes to immigrants from other countries who are willing to work hard to be part of a larger dream. Syrian refugees, like refugees from many war-torn regions around the world, deserve a shot at a dream. A dream of living in safety. A dream of fulfilling their highest potential. A dream of seeing their sons, daughters, and grandchildren grow up happy, healthy, and being all they can be.

I cannot stand by and watch my government representatives take a position that does not represent me. Now, I know some of you will object by saying “Well, should we just take in EVERY person in need around the world?”

Unfortunately, we can’t. There’s just not enough space or resources. Personally, I have a one-bedroom apartment and my living room is big enough to accommodate 2-3 people (I have an inflatable mattress, a comfortable couch,
    and Netflix!). But we do what we can, when we can, because that’s what good people do. As they say, sharing is caring.With love, Alex

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Plenty of extra rooms at the White House.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DiggityDaggityDo, JMon, and ByeShea

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20457

It doesn't matter what 27 governors say. As long as 1 state allows terrorists in, they're here.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11654

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    again, they weren't refugees
    They were running from the Russians who were whipping their asses.

And why was Russia pissed? Google 'Beslan'.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

The more that I think of it... this is really getting out of hand. god damn.

I can see how some people say... whatever.... who gives a fuk... and just leave me the fuk alone. Stay isolated in your own home (world).

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Plenty of extra rooms at the White House.
    Sharp,,,indeed Kermit!

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    It doesn't matter what 27 governors say. As long as 1 state allows terrorists in, they're here.
    It's not syrian refugees we need to be worrying about, it's home grown terrorists. You know the kind, younger/middle aged white males, but honestly that's beside the point.

These refugees are simply trying to escape a terrible situation, the same thing everyone of us would be trying to do.

Are there probably a few bad apples in the bunch? of course, but the same goes for every group of people.

As Americans, we need to quit looking for reasons to abandon our ethos. Quit caving to xenophobia and fear.
    Points Awarded:

paco gave The Kraken 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: paco

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

10% of America is made of foreigners with no allegiance to America. http://www.businessinsider.com/map-o...s-state-2015-1

I'd say 60-70% of the citizens in America work very hard and have no clue about anything happening other then the events themselves. Then there's the other 30% which probably 20 of which can't tie their shoes " metaphor ", then I'd say 5% leaving the country, http://sputniknews.com/us/20150508/1021859529.html

so... There's 5% that has a clue, retired vets, history buffs, retiree's, militia's, Christians, Jews, some out of work, who all have time to actively be in the know.

All of which are divided ...on everything from homo to foreign policies... If it was cool to know what is going on in our gov and around the world, with more ch. then c-span showing it, and highlighting key statements and more people then Charlie Rose asking some decent questions about it.... We could rid ourselves from this cancer that's growing. Start over ..fire them all, president down, and get the money out of the situation, whatever happen to public service for the people ?

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Instead of running, the men should be fighting. Why should Americans, the French or the Russians fight their battles?
    No wonder they are so easily controlled by dictators. Sheep.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Krak settle down. Ever heard of precautionary? He's the one that asked me for the address. We were just shooting the sh#$ back and forth. I don't see anything wrong with it. That's what it's come down to.

It's running an address. Not a full scale SWAT on his home. Geeezus
    I understand why he asked and I understand why you obliged. But just the idea that you would even feel the need to bring it up to him, and post about it on SBR demonstrates xenophobia and xenophobia is maladaptive and it's all predicated on fear. The psychology of irrational fear and the inability to place that fear into context is an amazing thing.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Yes, I use to work in Dearborn back in 1998-1999. It was slowly turning at the time. I use to work at Chase and Warren Ave. Anyone who lives near there in Michigan... knows what I'm talking about. Back then... it was slowly turning. But Warren Ave was like DOWNTOWN for Arabs. There were still about 60% white business owners at the time... they all sold slowly... one by one.

I took a drive down Warren Ave about 5 years ago... and there really isn't any English down the road. Only Arabic writing everywhere.

Again... I'm not a racist. Very friendly to get along with... that's why it never bothered me.

I live about 10 minutes away from Dearborn now.

What was odd... the day after the Paris attacks... a home 6 houses down from mine had like 12 luxury cars around their property and down the street. In my subdivision... the race is like... 50% white... 25% black... 25% Asian, Arabic etc. When I was driving away that night... there were 3 arabic women all dressed with only their eyes showing. I figured perhaps.... the women were cooking for their men? I heard that's what they do.... the wives meet up... and cook for large gatherings for their men... and then leave.

I spoke to one of my friends who works for Homeland Security... he said give me their address and let me do a check just in case. I did that yesterday.

It was just odd because.... I've owned this home for 7 years... never did I see any gathering that large on my street for one home in my life.
    People have a large gathering on a Friday Night....get their address ran because of some shit that happened across the ocean. penetrating sad. Feel bad for the people here that have to deal with nonsense like this.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

I see both sides of the argument regarding accepting Syrian refugees. I understand about human compassion, and I also understand about being concerned for our own safety. I have seen the arguments being posted on this forum and Facebook from both sides with great passion.

By far the dumbest argument I have seen however, is that because we accepted refugee Jews during the Nazi campaign in Europe, we must also accept Syrian refugees during the ISIS march across the Middle East. That argument is insulting to Jews and Gentiles alike. They are completely different circumstances - we knew what team the Jews were playing for in the 1940s. There were no Jews coming here to cause us harm from within. We CANNOT make that same assertion about Syrian refugees. We CANNOT know for certain what team the refugee is playing for.

And Conservatives are making their share of dumb arguments as well. Will governors please stop grandstanding that they "will not accept" Syrian refugees? You do not have that power. And even if you did, if a neighboring state accepted them, are you saying that you could keep them from crossing your state boundary? Please stop, you are embarrassing yourselves. Also, please stop saying that we cannot feed our own people, so we cannot possibly take on the Syrian refugees. We CAN feed our homeless, but we choose not to.... which is another embarrassment.

My biggest problem is that I have ZERO faith in this administration to properly validate that an incoming refugee is not a terrorist, or has ill-will in mind. That isn't an anti-Muslim statement. Almost every Muslim is a peace-loving soul. But there are some who want to harm us by taking advantage of our human compassion. I have a hard time accepting that risk. And with that being the bottom line for me, I think we really need to consider our next move very carefully and precisely.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jayfly

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post

I understand why he asked and I understand why you obliged. But just the idea that you would even feel the need to bring it up to him, and post about it on SBR demonstrates xenophobia and xenophobia is maladaptive and it's all predicated on fear. The psychology of irrational fear and the inability to place that fear into context is an amazing thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post

People have a large gathering on a Friday Night....get their address ran because of some shit that happened across the ocean. penetrating sad. Feel bad for the people here that have to deal with nonsense like this.
    So... If there's something going down... I'm a hero? (Which I could careless.)

But if there's nothing going down... I'm zero?

I'd rather be a zero if I can prevent another tragedy.

You guys aren't getting it. I didn't phone the police. My friend took initiative because it's his job. We were talking about the Pars attacks etc.

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

I mean it doesn't really matter what state you're in...there aren't exactly border checks at the "welcome to Michigan" sign.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11654

The psychology of irrational fear and the inability to place that fear into context is an amazing thing.
    Not 1% as amazing as a US president who claims ISIS is contained about a couple of hours before ISIS launches an attack that's apparently changing the whole world - the whole world except for that US president who won't even adjust his failed ISIS stance.

retard
    retard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

It's not syrian refugees we need to be worrying about, it's home grown terrorists. You know the kind, younger/middle aged white males, but honestly that's beside the point.

These refugees are simply trying to escape a terrible situation, the same thing everyone of us would be trying to do.

Are there probably a few bad apples in the bunch? of course, but the same goes for every group of people.

As Americans, we need to quit looking for reasons to abandon our ethos. Quit caving to xenophobia and fear.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Not 1% as amazing as a US president who claims ISIS is contained about a couple of hours before ISIS launches an attack that's apparently changing the whole world - the whole world except for that US president who won't even adjust his failed ISIS stance.
    Don't forget hours after he mocked people for fearing "orphans and widows" a black widow woman blows herself up in Paris and let's not forget the child military camps and the video yesterday of the 3 year old being taught to saw a head off with a knife and a plush toy

The Kraken

So... If there's something going down... I'm a hero? (Which I could careless.)

But if there's nothing going down... I'm zero?

I'd rather be a zero if I can prevent another tragedy.

You guys aren't getting it. I didn't phone the police. My friend took initiative because it's his job. We were talking about the Pars attacks etc.
    I get it, you didn't call the cops. I don't think you took your spytech binoculars and went and spied on them. Honestly, it's not that big of a deal.

The bigger point is that in this situation you're acting like a xenophobe. You're basing your opinion on irrational fears. Quit being afraid of syrian refugees. Not accepting them will do absolutely nothing but create more contempt towards America and probably drive more people towards ISIS, it sure to hell isn't going to thwart an attack. And I could argue that by turning away Syrian refugees, we would be more of a target. But for some odd reason, people would be ok with this concept, as if it's ok to be attacked if we were pro-active in turning away refugees and one just happened to plant a bomb here, but if we accept them and get attacked, that's completely unacceptable.

I know you understand this but living in a society as free as ours opens us up to terrorist attacks. These attacks come from all kinds such as 9/11 to school shootings. They carried out by middle eastern men, by white men of all ages. We have mass murderers. It's a risk we accept living in America, one that cannot be negated without taking away what makes America great

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post

I found that quite ironic.

I was at work and I checked CNN.com on my computre. The headline read "Obama Says ISIS is Contained". The article went on to say something like ISIS wasn't gaining any ground or something....

Fast forward to hours and the headline is "Terror in Paris".

WTF. This president is clueless.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I just don't understand the refugee situation????

What is a refugee?

True definition?

Someone who just leaves their homeland to come to the USA for???? For??? WHAT?

It sounds like a damn nursery school in the USA.

TheMoneyShot

I get it, you didn't call the cops. I don't think you took your spytech binoculars and went and spied on them. Honestly, it's not that big of a deal.

The bigger point is that in this situation you're acting like a xenophobe. You're basing your opinion on irrational fears. Quit being afraid of syrian refugees. Not accepting them will do absolutely nothing but create more contempt towards America and probably drive more people towards ISIS, it sure to hell isn't going to thwart an attack. And I could argue that by turning away Syrian refugees, we would be more of a target. But for some odd reason, people would be ok with this concept, as if it's ok to be attacked if we were pro-active in turning away refugees and one just happened to plant a bomb here, but if we accept them and get attacked, that's completely unacceptable.

I know you understand this but living in a society as free as ours opens us up to terrorist attacks. These attacks come from all kinds such as 9/11 to school shootings. They carried out by middle eastern men, by white men of all ages. We have mass murderers. It's a risk we accept living in America, one that cannot be negated without taking away what makes America great
    Krak... are you smoking down just before posting every time? Is this Comedy Central?

Let me break it down for you.... Was I scared on 9/11??? No. Shaken... but back then... I believed in our country... I believed in our military... and I believed we'd even the score. Was I young back then? Yep. Was 9/11 real??? Who fukking knows? Would we kill innocent people in our homeland to get a point across??? 20% Probability.

Was I scared with the Anthrax sh#$??? That was a little odd and different. But... I sure as hell didn't live in fear.

Was I scared when we had the Boston Bombing? Nope... it is what it is.

But when some fukking ISIS cockksucker organization does some damage in Paris... our president doesn't protect his own citizens by letting more refugees in.... which have no business being here. It's time to be a little more concerned than before. Ok guy? I mean enough is enough of the bullsh#$ going on. Someone take a fukking stand.

If I have to wait to Trump gets in office... so be it. Who the fuk knows? It may be too late by then.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

Winner_13
    Winner_13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

No surprise, they're all republican, hick, narrow-mined, simple, rural places.

Winner_13
    Winner_13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

Note- I did not even look at the pic.
    Please correct if I am wrong.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Winner_13 View Post
    No surprise, they're all republican, hick, narrow-mined, simple, rural places.
    For the most part the state oppositions are Republican Governors yes....but aside from that and out into proper context...47 Dems voted in the House yesterday to stop or at least wait on the refugees coming in...Chuck Schumer included on the Senate side yet to cast formal vote but he has given his opinion. It might also have to do with the reports that of the 100+ locations Obama wants to u load the refugees....DC suburbs and liberal bastions aren't on the list so it's only logical the people who have to deal with the situation are the most vocal.

Here's a novel idea...let's ask each member of congress who votes for it to offer to not only get them in their districts but to sponsor one or two of the men themselves in their homes or extra homes? They would open sone eye star same way Geraldo Rivera was so iffy on ISIS until his daughter was in the stadium in Paris last week during the attacks and suddenly if you listen to him or read his Twitter the guy wants to nuke the planet for revenge. Funny how when it effects you in your own bubble or rosey ideas of a world that isn't ...you get a wake up call.

rkelly110

Holy shit, did you guys see that cafe gunman video on the news where he shoots up the place and goes right
    on top of someone outside and was out of bullets? How lucky were those people?

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Holy shit, did you guys see that cafe gunman video on the news where he shoots up the place and goes right
    on top of someone outside and was out of bullets? How lucky were those people?
    Maybe she was praying to another God than the jihadi...guess who won that mine is better than yours battle.

spro23
    spro23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8091

Obama wont stop until white americans are gone and replaced with assorted brown peoples
    . brown people who HAVE NOT created a 1st world civilization of their own.

rkelly110

Quote Originally Posted by spro23 View Post
    Obama wont stop until white americans are gone and replaced with assorted brown peoples
    . brown people who HAVE NOT created a 1st world civilization of their own.
    Well then, you better find a woman and get crackin'.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

I thought I'd say here, I don't hate Muslims, I do business and talk to some all the time, most I talk to were born here, my age, we relate from football,family, iPhones, we talk about whatever, and understand American values and just want a better life. I understand that, I think we all do, if they could just take the ammunition out of the book... That's where this whole thing grows legs, if we can get kill people out of that book... I'd be singing Louie armstrongs ..wonderful world

its their choice, we all have walks to figure out what we need to.. but killing others just has to be eliminated, and can't keep going on at this pace.
    Last edited by brainfreeze; 11-21-15 at 08:22 AM.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    I thought I'd say here, I don't hate Muslims, I do business and talk to some all the time, most I talk to were born here, my age, we relate from football,family, iPhones, we talk about whatever, and understand American values and just want a better life. I understand that, I think we all do, if they could just take the ammunition out of the book... That's where this whole thing grows legs, if we can get kill people out of that book... I'd be singing Louie armstrongs ..wonderful world

its their choice, we all have walks to figure out what we need to.. but killing others just has to be eliminated, and can't keep going on at this pace.
    Do you and your westernized Muslim pals ever chat about honor killings?

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Do you and your westernized Muslim pals ever chat about honor killings?
    I really don't think they support that stuff directly, though we are not best friends or nothing. I rarely bring up religion if at all, I have brought up the root of the Israel and Muslim conflict, and that goes back to Jacob and Japheth. People who know the Bible and history know this,

As I said we are all on different walks and are finding where we want to be. So Muslims, Buddhist, yogis, Jews, Mormons ...etc, it's up to them, but you can't just go around terrorizing countries like this, and let them have sufficient reason to do so, because their book is giving them reason... Moderate Muslims can say they don't support it and that's good, but... It's still there, in the same book that the terrorist think they're Muslims as well..

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

17 Year Finnish Girl Burned Alive By Illegal miscreant from Afghanistan

DECEMBER 1, 2015

A 26 year old afghan savage was convicted of the rape and torture/murder of a seventeen year old girl in Finland.

Ramin Azimin came to Finland as an illegal alien. Under EU law, Finland had to grant him temporary residency and consider him for asylum. His application for asylum was rejected in early 2014, but he was never deported.

Seventeen year old Jonna briefly dated Azimin. After she she broke up with him, he kidnapped her. He tied her up. Placed her in an outhouse, and set it on fire. Azimin*told the court that Jonna had committed suicide*by burning herself alive.

He was convicted on November 26th, and sentenced to what is referred to as “life in prison” under Finnish law. However, “life in prison” only means you will spend the rest of your life on parole. Azimin will be eligible for parole in 12 years. Most people convicted of murder in Finland are paroled within 15 years.

The Kraken

So just to be clear

No Syrian refugees have burned anyone alive, nor have the committed any mass killings, nor have they murdered anyone in the US

Maybe, JUST maybe, Syrian refugees aren't the problem

First 123 Last