BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Attention Anyone Considering Marriage

There is a new documentary on Netflix called Divorce Corp. It is a must see for all American men.

Do yourself a favor and watch it. One of my best friends is currently going through a messy divorce and it is sickening how the man is made to sit there and take it up the keyster.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

The money is bad enough but what they do to fathers is really sickening. Especially here in CA, if you want to see your kid more than 2 weekends a month you're screwed unless mom is a crackhead.

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Divorced guy here. Never agin, Never again.

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by TheSideBet View Post
    Divorced guy here. Never agin, Never again.
    Please elaborate sir, you might be doing some 24 year old kid who's about to get married a lot of good.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It's the biggest waste of time you could ever do in life nothing wrong with living with a girl but anything else is financial destruction

TheSideBet

Quote Originally Posted by BrickJames View Post
    Please elaborate sir, you might be doing some 24 year old kid who's about to get married a lot of good.
    I would just be sure that you are on the same page about the future and not just caught up in the relationship of the moment. Kids change things as well, time commitment and stresses that bleed into the relationship. If you are okay with that, you're good to go, but if you don't discuss it in detail then it definitely will pop up at a bad time. Work schedules and kids, while they have a ton of positives, if you pick the wrong type of girl -as I admittedly did- then you might be in trouble. I see now, being single again, why there are so many girls 27 and older who are still single, they just ain't family material. I'm not against marriage in general, just had a bad one myself and am content never revisiting that scenario.

Best of luck to you though man and maybe this about the latest trend of guys your age who do take the leap, the DINK method, double income, no kids. It's got its merits for the first few years in today's situation. I've got a little girl, would not trade her for the world but can definitely see the merits of saving a ton more money first. It's unreal the expenses of raising these kids nowadays.

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by TheSideBet View Post
    I would just be sure that you are on the same page about the future and not just caught up in the relationship of the moment. Kids change things as well, time commitment and stresses that bleed into the relationship. If you are okay with that, you're good to go, but if you don't discuss it in detail then it definitely will pop up at a bad time. Work schedules and kids, while they have a ton of positives, if you pick the wrong type of girl -as I admittedly did- then you might be in trouble. I see now, being single again, why there are so many girls 27 and older who are still single, they just ain't family material. I'm not against marriage in general, just had a bad one myself and am content never revisiting that scenario.

Best of luck to you though man and maybe this about the latest trend of guys your age who do take the leap, the DINK method, double income, no kids. It's got its merits for the first few years in today's situation. I've got a little girl, would not trade her for the world but can definitely see the merits of saving a ton more money first. It's unreal the expenses of raising these kids nowadays.
    I am 32 and have been telling people for years that marriage is a -EV endeavor for men, but after seeing what my friend is going through and watching that documentary it just seems insane that people still do it.

My brothers wedding is coming up in the spring and I don't know if I should tell him to watch it. I dont want to spook the guy.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Common law of 7 years is just as bad as getting married. She will get 1/2. A kid in the mix is bad, married
    or not. (for your wallet, not your heart) If you don't want kids, get your nuts cut now. Mistakes will and do
    happen. There will be a time in your life, if you decide to cut, where you will regret that decision.

Remember this, there's always someone for someone. You might have to go through a few 1st, but the
    right one is around the corner, all you have to do is look.

TheSideBet

I am 32 and have been telling people for years that marriage is a -EV endeavor for men, but after seeing what my friend is going through and watching that documentary it just seems insane that people still do it.

My brothers wedding is coming up in the spring and I don't know if I should tell him to watch it. I dont want to spook the guy.
    I'd say it should be safe to let him in on all sides of the equation. You aren't trying to wreck his marriage, trying to help solidify it or avert a disaster later where he'd blame you for NOT speaking up.

He's a grown man, will have to live with whatever decision he chooses in the long run.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

will check it out. thanks

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Q. Why is the bride always smiling when she's cuttung the wedding cake?
    A. Because she knows she'll never have to ever go down on him again.

BrickJames
    Action

Basically relationship insurance for women.

sshz
    sshz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

I happened to watch it today, since it was shitty outside and had nothing else to do. It was an eye opener for sure.

As I've been married for 28+ years and they've been generally happy years, I'd say picking the right woman to start helps and live with her a few years first before marriage. Learn the good and bad first, then decide if you want to stay with her.

Personally, I'd be happy married or not as I tend to be a bit of a loner anyway, but my wife gives me loads of space and it works well. So, get yourself happy first before committing your life to someone else.

Lastly, regarding sex- I am quite a horndog and want and have always had sex a lot and made it clear to my girlfriend (now wife) that we were going to have sex often, one way or another. I get a lot of BJ's these days as she's in menopause and sex can be uncomfortable sometimes, but I still get it a lot for a 59 year old guy.

Choose wisely young grasshopper!

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by sshz View Post
    I happened to watch it today, since it was shitty outside and had nothing else to do. It was an eye opener for sure.

As I've been married for 28+ years and they've been generally happy years, I'd say picking the right woman to start helps and live with her a few years first before marriage. Learn the good and bad first, then decide if you want to stay with her.

Personally, I'd be happy married or not as I tend to be a bit of a loner anyway, but my wife gives me loads of space and it works well. So, get yourself happy first before committing your life to someone else.

Lastly, regarding sex- I am quite a horndog and want and have always had sex a lot and made it clear to my girlfriend (now wife) that we were going to have sex often, one way or another. I get a lot of BJ's these days as she's in menopause and sex can be uncomfortable sometimes, but I still get it a lot for a 59 year old guy.

Choose wisely young grasshopper!
    Well played

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

I'm 27 and live with her...but marriage is the last thought on my mind...marriage seems to be a very -EV proposition. Any divorced guys out there have some terrible stories to share? I need to educate myself

charcoalbbq
    charcoalbbq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

ronald
    ronald's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8459

This is why I have been, and always will be, a hero to you all.

IN RONALD WE TRUST

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

good stuff here

I never have to worry

I cannot get pussy...14+ years and counting

I guess not a bad thing..shaftmasters are your friends

ronald

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    good stuff here

I never have to worry

I cannot get pussy...14+ years and counting

I guess not a bad thing..shaftmasters are your friends
    The fur is your friend; the cork is the enemy.

spro23
    spro23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8091

women initiate 75% of divorces, and family courts crush men mercilessly. women are married to the government, who assists in transferring your resources to her. Don't marry in America

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

I've had many friends get divorced over the years. Every time, and I stress EVERY time, the man gets screwed even when it was the woman that initiated proceedings.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

risk unfortunately out ways said reward

rkelly110

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11654

Name:  take2.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  32.2 KB

BrickJames
    Action

Single life is good to me right now. Ex is getting fat and falling apart (shes 29) meanwhile i keep making more money and last night banged a girl (not woman GIRL) who graduated from high school in 2012! Felt amazing. Heels and all!

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Never been married, and have no interest in ever doing so. I was old enough to fully understand the financial and emotional devastation my dad went through when he lost half of everything he had ever worked for, for the second time in his life, when my mom divorced him.

Every married guy friend I have is emasculated by their wives and miserable. I had one long time buddy whom I thought was happily married, but he recently got separated from his wife, so that was a farce too.

Marriage is a joke. Buyer beware.
    Points Awarded:

ronald gave OTL 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ronald

rkelly110

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Name:  take2.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  32.2 KB

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    Never been married, and have no interest in ever doing so. I was old enough to fully understand the financial and emotional devastation my dad went through when he lost half of everything he had ever worked for, for the second time in his life, when my mom divorced him.

Every married guy friend I have is emasculated by their wives and miserable. I had one long time buddy whom I thought was happily married, but he recently got separated from his wife, so that was a farce too.

Marriage is a joke. Buyer beware.
    This is funny because I had another married Buddy also who on all his social media everything looked hunky dory you know pics of the fam, him and the wife out having fun.

And then all the sudden one day all that s*** came down and he got divorced. I think no one wants to admit their marriage is failing but once they decide it's over it's over fast

ronald

Many sharp posts and posters in this thread.

A nice change of pace.

I'm impressed, men.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

Single life is good to me right now. Ex is getting fat and falling apart (shes 29) meanwhile i keep making more money and last night banged a girl (not woman GIRL) who graduated from high school in 2012! Felt amazing. Heels and all!
    Wow man. You clearly have such a full and wonderful life. Can I follow you on twitter so I can keep up with it? And that ex must have gotten under your skin if you feel the need to bash her on here. Let me know if you need someone to talk to about it.

Hu$tle
    Hu$tle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1247

I wish we could have 5 wives, so far ive had 3 gfs all different races, i feel like Mr Nobody

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Been married 25 years in January with 3 kids. Life couldn't be better.

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    Wow man. You clearly have such a full and wonderful life. Can I follow you on twitter so I can keep up with it? And that ex must have gotten under your skin if you feel the need to bash her on here. Let me know if you need someone to talk to about it.
    Bash her? Just stated that she is falling apart like an old Buick as most women do around 30. Never said anything about life being full or wanting you to follow me big guy.

Im guessing you wished you had seen this post ten years ago before you got married and emasculated. Now you're stuck with a fat porker and lashing out on me because you made the wrong move. Don't be that guy. I'm sure she isn't all that bad.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

I was divorced recently and my ex got half of all my bank accounts, half of IRA, and half of house equity even though she contributed $0 to anything. She didnt work when we were married - I paid all the bills. I end up owing her about $73,000. And we dont even have any children. I would recommend that everyone get a pre-nuptial agreement if you end up getting married.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: retard

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Did once and never again! Why marry? If your happy together just roll with it and keep the gov/church contract out of it. It's really not in man's DNA to settle and marry anyhow most just "surrender".Divorce rate incredibly high and would be higher if many men didn't succumb to additional pressure sticking it out weather it be financially, church, kids or other outside pressure. Sure some hit gold lotto ticket and truly happy but I'm sure those are exceptions not rule.

Bill Burr great comedian finally surrendered himself but had a hilarious skit back in day. "What is it like 50% of marriages go right down the shitter? If you were going skydiving and they said parachute had 50% chance of working you would be like fukk that I'm not going! Just something about marriage though guys like is this the line to lose half my shit awesome" Lol

123 Last