Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

Indiana Pizzeria GoFundMe

With everything going on in Indiana many local business owners were being interviewed. The owner of a particular pizzeria in South Bend told AP that he would not cater a gay wedding because it's against his religion. So you could imagine the backlash for this comment. Hundreds of Yelp reviews slamming the business and receiving death threats. Camera crews were parked outside and no customers would come in. So they were forced to close, at least temporarily. A contributor from The Blaze set up a page to help the owners because of financial loss. Well it's only been two days and look at that amount...

http://www.gofundme.com/MemoriesPizza

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO

Posted that 16 minutes ago. Went up 9k more. Haha.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Power of the people against the media/govt at work.

Chick Fil A all over again.....hands up don't shoot...skittles and iced tea....media can spin a good story but then walk away embarrassed and onto the next one every time.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14757

So, these biggots say something they shouldn't have said, got in trouble for it, then begged for strangers to give them money?
    Am I getting this or am I a little stupid?

Because I don't know if I am over thinking this.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Jay you're overthinking it. Nobody asked for the funds. Just charitable people who saw a community staple restaurant be railroaded by outsiders lent a helping hand.

Just because you don't agree with people doesn't make you a bigot. If my wife and I came to yiu and mrs Vegas and asked to swing...and you declined...are you a bigot for not participating in the advancement of our sexual preference? Or is that just your right to do as you please in your own life?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9243

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    So, these biggots say something they shouldn't have said, got in trouble for it, then begged for strangers to give them money?

Did you see he vid? It was niave woman who owned a business with religious stuff all over the walls and a prayer box at the door and some reporter pushed her into answering a dumb hypothetical question about serving gays. She said she would not refuse service in the store but ended up saying if some loony wanted them to cater pizza for a gay wedding she wouldnt want to do it.

I don't agree with her but she didn't say anything 'wrong'.

I'm kind of glad to see the big backlash against the love to be outraged and attack mentality of faceless internet movements.

I bet a lot of the contributors dont care either way about gay rights or religion. It's the unfairness that offends/inspires ordinary people.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

What a joke LOL...

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

I believe your business is like your home. You should have the choice to decide who you allow in/ do business with.

YOU spent YOUR money on your business. You can serve whoever you want. The only difference is your wording if
    you decide to not serve someone.

If some guy comes in dresses as a girl and you are disgusted with it, you should be allowed not to serve him/her/it.
    If a bunch of homies comes in you know will be trouble, you should have a right not to serve them.

Just don't give them a bigoted reason why you are refusing service. A law suit could be your downfall.

Use to be a member of a German/ American club smack dab in the middle of the projects. One time a black guy
    followed one of the members in. He yelled from the door why we won't let blacks in. The dumb bitch bartender
    yelled back, we don't serve ni**ers! I said, why did you say that? Just say you aren't a member.
    Points Awarded:

marcoloco gave rkelly110 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: marcoloco

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

They said they would serve rooster chuggers but not cater a wedding. Big difference. They dont want to end up in the lake of fire.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Jay you're overthinking it. Nobody asked for the funds. Just charitable people who saw a community staple restaurant be railroaded by outsiders lent a helping hand.

Just because you don't agree with people doesn't make you a bigot. If my wife and I came to yiu and mrs Vegas and asked to swing...and you declined...are you a bigot for not participating in the advancement of our sexual preference? Or is that just your right to do as you please in your own life?
    Nothing wrong with this fundraiser, though he did indicate a level of bigotry with his comment. Bad analogy, refusing to cater something, or turning down any legit business because of someone's sexual identity very different than letting some guy cater your wife's puntang with his salami.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Rkelly gets it! We live in a country that is the biggest melting pot under the sun with a mix of everything. That's all well and good but with that some differences of opinions and beliefs is gonna come with it. People just need to accept that and try to stay in your own lane, do not physically hurt others, and just mind your business without LOOKING for something to bitch about.

This is a total non story but she took the bait and they ran with it. All part of our media's ploy to keep us sidetracked from REAL problems in this country. Oh well you know why we don't say pledge allegiance in school anymore? "ONE NATION under god with LIBERTY and JUSTICE for ALL" The words in caps don't mean shit anymore sadly in Merica.....think about it!

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    That's not even close to the same thing.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: El Nino

retard
    retard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO

685,000 in 24 hours. This probably hits 1 million by tonight. Crazy.

PaperTrail07

Im going to start one of these and simply ask for $$ for whores and drugs and so i can live the HIGH life lol.....pICK ME!@

Optional

Geebus, it's gone up 150k and about 5000 donations since I first looked not that long ago

$687,855 of $200k
    Raised by 23,266 people in 1 day

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Almost 700 grand. Crazy.

Never heard of a pizza joint catering a wedding though. That seems odd to begin with.

PaperTrail07

I just dont get it either...like you sell items ....they want items...who gives a F where or what they are doing with it lol....is $$ not king anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Almost 700 grand. Crazy.

Never heard of a pizza joint catering a wedding though. That seems odd to begin with.

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Geebus, it's gone up 150k and about 5000 donations since I first looked not that long ago

$687,855 of $200k
    Raised by 23,266 people in 1 day
    I read he initially put a 25k goal. But it was reached within 15 minutes. He then changed it to 100,000 and again to 200,000.

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO

I hope the family gives a good chunk to the man for starting the page. Or at least make a sizable donation to a charity of his choice.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    I just dont get it either...like you sell items ....they want items...who gives a F where or what they are doing with it lol....is $$ not king anymore?
    I am just wondering if there is more too it, like did these people have to attend the reception and serve people? I could see people having an issue catering if something was overly-flamboyant and made them uncomfortable. I really haven't been following this at all.

Kermit

Does this pizza joint not want to serve gay people at all, or just not want to cater their weddings?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Does this pizza joint not want to serve gay people at all, or just not want to cater their weddings?
    Neither really.

She said they were happy to serve gay people but when the reporter pushed about if they would cater a wedding she said she would not like to do that. Thats it. Place probably doesnt even offer wedding catering. Its a bloody pizza joint!

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

lot of questionable comments to this thread. So if a gay couple comes in based on what I read from some of you you think its okay to refuse service to them? The owner of this business is a moron for doing the interview in the first place and for being ignorant in not understanding what the medias purpose was and she gets rewarded for it from a gofund campaign which is pathetic. I think if you open a business for the public then anyone should be allowed in unless they cause physical damage to your business or to other patrons or cause a disturbance not simply by just being a patron. If you dont want to serve people based on their sexual preference, religion, race etc then you shouldnt own a public business period. Seriously why is this even a debate? Sometimes being on a forum like this saddens me to see how ignorant some can be.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    I believe your business is like your home. You should have the choice to decide who you allow in/ do business with.

YOU spent YOUR money on your business. You can serve whoever you want. The only difference is your wording if
    you decide to not serve someone.

If some guy comes in dresses as a girl and you are disgusted with it, you should be allowed not to serve him/her/it.
    If a bunch of homies comes in you know will be trouble, you should have a right not to serve them.

Just don't give them a bigoted reason why you are refusing service. A law suit could be your downfall.

Use to be a member of a German/ American club smack dab in the middle of the projects. One time a black guy
    followed one of the members in. He yelled from the door why we won't let blacks in. The dumb bitch bartender
    yelled back, we don't serve ni**ers! I said, why did you say that? Just say you aren't a member.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

I once waited 30min in a non busy bar for a drink. Me and 2 friends tried to get the bartenders attention. He ignored us. A couple came in few minutes later he served them. We tried again to order a drink then just left.

Its happened maybe 4 or 5 times my life. I have never had a desire to go burn down the place or make death threats. I just take my money and business somewhere else.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Religious freaks love giving away their money...

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Neither really.

She said they were happy to serve gay people but when the reporter pushed about if they would cater a wedding she said she would not like to do that. Thats it. Place probably doesnt even offer wedding catering. Its a bloody pizza joint!
    So they never actually refused someone in person, this was just a claim made to the media?

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Time to revisit the thread where the guy who used to walk 10-20 miles some days to work was given a big chunk of change (plus a car).

Which people were crying he should give some/most of it away, and which here are putting down their burning crosses to champion this pizza place that "wouldn't" serve a gay wedding if asked.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

more of this dumb fukking god/bible bullshit getting in the way of progress... irrational thumpers seriously dont have a fukking clue... people donating are just making the problems worse... if you dont like someone and dont want to serve them, that should be your right... if you dont want to serve them because an ancient book filled with absurd bullshit says they arent going to heaven, then you are a hypocritical bigot and complete moron...

i hope she makes mistakes and gets fukked so hard by the irs...i guess she will then blame the devil... and i wish i owned the building where her shithole pizza joint is... i would tell her to go fukk herself come lease renewal time...fukk her

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

You've turned into a bigger douchebag
    than seaweed. Good work fukkface.

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    more of this dumb fukking god/bible bullshit getting in the way of progress... irrational thumpers seriously dont have a fukking clue... people donating are just making the problems worse... if you dont like someone and dont want to serve them, that should be your right... if you dont want to serve them because an ancient book filled with absurd bullshit says they arent going to heaven, then you are a hypocritical bigot and complete moron...

i hope she makes mistakes and gets fukked so hard by the irs...i guess she will then blame the devil... and i wish i owned the building where her shithole pizza joint is... i would tell her to go fukk herself come lease renewal time...fukk her

And the hate filled f@gs that destroyed her yelp page?

BrickJames
    Action

The co-owner Crystal is kinda a little baddie too! I'd fukk her!

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO

It just surpassed $800,000 donated by 27,745 people.

123 Last