The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Wonder if they actually get the money

Heard the owners of the pizzeria didn't start the gofundme account (could be wrong)

Are there any legal ramifications if the person that actually started the account gives them the finger and keeps the $800k

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post

Heard the owners of the pizzeria didn't start the gofundme account (could be wrong)

Are there any legal ramifications if the person that actually started the account gives them the finger and keeps the $800k

A blogger/journalist for TheBlaze started the fundraiser.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    A blogger/journalist for TheBlaze started the fundraiser.
    Interesting

For the sake of SBR, I hope she/he keeps the money for themselves

I think that would deal a huge blow to sites like gofundme as donators realize they truly don't know who they're really donating to and it may never reach whom they intended

Much like feed the children and thousands of other not for profit organizations

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Interesting

For the sake of SBR, I hope she/he keeps the money for themselves

I think that would deal a huge blow to sites like gofundme as donators realize they truly don't know who they're really donating to and it may never reach whom they intended

Much like feed the children and thousands of other not for profit organizations
    Brock landers' venture on there...the Detroit man who walked to work....you're right several wild things happen on crowd funding but I guess people will do with their $ as they please. This pizza place campaign though was more of a statement being made though....just like chick fil a and others. DC and NYC bubble pundits claim "everyone we see daily is against xyz so means America is too" and then the rest of the nation speaks up on the other side.

im sure the business owners will get the money though. They'll have a PR person lent to them from a favorable media source and will take decent chunk of the $$ and also donate some to a church or other charity and then fade away from the spotlight as advised. They are already declining interviews so it's underway.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

If one cannot understand that this is a symbolic example of what happens when trying to steal ones' faith, you simply don't have any. Too many are naively looking at a dollar amount which has nothing to do with this.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: itchypickle

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Brock landers' venture on there...the Detroit man who walked to work....you're right several wild things happen on crowd funding but I guess people will do with their $ as they please. This pizza place campaign though was more of a statement being made though....just like chick fil a and others. DC and NYC bubble pundits claim "everyone we see daily is against xyz so means America is too" and then the rest of the nation speaks up on the other side.

im sure the business owners will get the money though. They'll have a PR person lent to them from a favorable media source and will take decent chunk of the $$ and also donate some to a church or other charity and then fade away from the spotlight as advised. They are already declining interviews so it's underway.
    You're most likely correct and if what you said plays out, it would be the correct thing for them. And for me, given all the possibilities, it's rather anti-climatic.

Personally, I would love to see the blogger that started the account take the money and donate it to PETA and the NAACP

Then we would have some controversy

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Read on organizers blog that gofundme will only release bucks to the family named.

BTW, the detroit walk to work guy who some kid raised 100s of thousands to buy a car for a couple of months back has had threats and beggars harassing him to the point he has moved and hidden his new address from 'old friends' and taken out a restraining order against his ex girlfriend.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Read on organizers blog that gofundme will only release bucks to the family named.

BTW, the detroit walk to work guy who some kid raised 100s of thousands to buy a car for a couple of months back has had threats and beggars harassing him to the point he has moved and hidden his new address from 'old friends' and taken out a restraining order against his ex girlfriend.
    I keep thinking I read somewhere that she was suing him for part of the money. Is that accurate?

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

This is a perfect example of how America is doomed by its stupidity. Hope these jokers retire and walk with the money.

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

That sounds about right. People have no shame when money is involved. Could only imagine how a forum of degenerates would react.

First 123