recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFisher View Post
    GUNS! Nothing better! Looking to get my first AR, I've got the bug, seems like everyone wants one now though, whatever I don't care. I want one. Since I live in this communist state it'll unfortunately be CA compliant. But I, still, want one. Looking at an LMT. My local gunshop seems to be pretty high on them anyways. Thoughts recon?
    Get out of Commifornia if possible. If not LMT is nice i'm not 100% sure on specs. Is it direct impingement or piston? i know they go for 2k upward. I say get a colt for 1k and purchase 1k in ammo. The Colt is battle tested and the M-4 LE6920 is way to go with an eotech scope.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Unless something has changed in the past couple years, Colt's quality is still crap as a whole and FNH makes majority of the rifles for the US army. Now that is a badass company if you got the money. Well, worth it. Everyone else can yap how their rifle will do the same for the half the price; I have no doubt it will at the target range. Plus, .223 is not what you want to count on. Get a real rifle to defend yourself. Colt LE901 is something they didn't mess up tho.

Also, you can easily and legally get around those silly CA compliant rules, especially if you are going out-of-state to shoot it makes even more sense since the surrounding states of CA still decide to participate in supporting our rights.

here is scar17s with short barrel for CQC. Imagine coming up against that.

here is same rifle with MK 20 MOD 0(can't buy this one but sure nice to look at ) 20inch barrel. SOCOM guys use the MK MODs.

Last edited by brooks85; 02-16-15 at 11:07 PM.

recon1
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    Unless something has changed in the past couple years, Colt's quality is still crap and FNH makes majority of the rifles for the US army. Now that is a badass company if you got the money. Well, worth it. Everyone else can yap how their rifle will do the same for the half the price; I have no doubt it will at the target range. Plus, .223 is not what you want to count on. Get a real rifle to defend yourself.

Also, you can easily and legally get around this still CA compliant rules, especially if you are going out-of-state to shoot.

FNH and their badass handgun, scar 17s^^ sweet rifle
    Nice looking family. Colt set the standard for milspec. Browning is and always have made fine weapons, but when you talk about milspec you can only talk Colt, LMT (This is about as much as i know about LMT) and BCM.

Not sure what science or experience you're saying Colt is "Crap" Bravo Sierra is all i gotta say about that.
    Colt is the standard of all thats needed to kill BG's. Now if you don't like the 556/223 well, that's up for interpretation. I personally like .308 in an AR platform or a Lapua .338.
    Only guys alive who can deservedly complain about the Colt M-16 design are the men who received the first batch in Vietnam. Bolts were too big causing jams and dead GI's

brooks85

It is real simple. Look at their sales, again there is a reason they don't even make the rifle they invented for the army anymore. FNH does. Colt almost defaulted last year. The screwed up too in the 80s (union guys striked) and that is when FNH took over.

I don't speak from experience, just from what I learn from the advantage of an outside perspective of war. I sure as hell am not going to count on a .223 round to defend myself. Just doesn't have the stopping power with these rifles out there, the barrels are not long enough. Most of these people buying these replicas are not getting what they think they are.
    Last edited by brooks85; 02-16-15 at 11:19 PM.

recon1
    Yep

It is real simple. Look at their sales, again there is a reason they don't even make the rifle they invented for the army anymore. FNH does. Colt almost defaulted last year. The screwed up too in the 80s too(union guys striked) and that is when FNH took over.
    Majority of M-16's are Colt to this day. Now, i don't go checking rifle brand, but i do know if anybody is making the M/AR rifles using milspec they had to get the design from Colt, LMT or BCM off top of my head. Last i heard Colt was not gonna share the design exact specs with anybody, but maybe DOD did, above my head.
    Colt is a fine weapon in the hands of a trained operator, never will go wrong with it.
    What is the first rifle in that picture you provided? something like a Steuyr? i believe that's used by IDF and they are very happy with it.

recon1
    Yep

Brooks, .223 is very sufficient. the term "stopping power" was created mostly by hollywood, especially in that Die hard movie where Mel Gibson is shot with a 12 gauge SG and flies back into a window.
    ONLY WAY you will achieve a stop is by hitting a vital organ.

1. Brain

2.. heart

3. central nervous system
    etc.

other vital areas can be hit and achieve a stop, but i'll digress with those 3 obvious placements.

A .22 is the most feared round for many reasons…..is it a wonder why they are so hard to get right now?

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    Brooks, .223 is very sufficient. the term "stopping power" was created mostly by hollywood, especially in that Die hard movie where Mel Gibson is shot with a 12 gauge SG and flies back into a window.
    ONLY WAY you will achieve a stop is by hitting a vital organ.

1. Brain

2.. heart

3. central nervous system
    etc.

other vital areas can be hit and achieve a stop, but i'll digress with those 3 obvious placements.

A .22 is the most feared round for many reasons…..is it a wonder why they are so hard to get right now?
    no it is not. It is a matter of muzzle velocity. .223 is garbage without the right barrel length and most do not have the right barrel. Stopping power is not a hollywood term, never even heard that connection before so no idea where you got that from?

Also .22 is not the most feared round, it is the cheapest round, with the ability to kill, therefore the most sought like any commodity.

We can debate all day or we can just go by the numbers and history. Why was the 1911 created again?
    Last edited by brooks85; 02-17-15 at 09:58 AM.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Someone i know was telling me they give guided helicopter hunts now. Might check into that
    I have dreams at night of hunting s. tex hogs like this:

fuk rollin' around quitely in a f'n jeep, I'd rather just pull a M1A2 Abrams tank down a sendero, park about a mile from the feeder, then blow the whole fckin' herd, and the feeder, to kingdom come...

one bad ass huntin' rig:

Last edited by Auto Donk; 02-17-15 at 12:02 PM.

recon1
    Yep

no it is not. It is a matter of muzzle velocity. .223 is garbage without the right barrel length and most do not have the right barrel. Stopping power is not a hollywood term, never even heard that connection before so no idea where you got that from?

Also .22 is not the most feared round, it is the cheapest round, with the ability to kill, therefore the most sought like any commodity.

We can debate all day or we can just go by the numbers and history. Why was the 1911 created again?
    If i know anything it's ballistics Brooks. The term "Stopping power" is a big fat myth. ONLY thing ending a gun battle is shot placement. Hollywood created the special effects showing a guy leave his feet, flying backwords after being hit by a shotgun or especially Clint Eastwood big ole .44 magnum, those bums would go 6' in air after getting hit with that big barrelled high velocity magnum. You're types go to movies eat the popcorn and believe what Hollywood shows you, my type know better.

.223/556 is and always will be in the top 3 superior calibers ever created.

Question shouldn't be why the 1911 was created, but why was the 1911 .45 replaced with a 9mm?

.22 is feared my friend and i'll let you figure out why a shortage exist. already strike 1.

recon1
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    I have dreams at night of hunting s. tex hogs like this:

fuk rollin' around quitely in a f'n jeep, I'd rather just pull a M1A2 Abrams tank down a sendero, park about a mile from the feeder, then blow the whole fckin' herd, and the feeder, to kingdom come...

one bad ass huntin' rig:

Hogs are like cockroaches after all that weaponry they'd still be destroying corn, fence and crops.

Forgot to ask you, how do you prepare the wild-hog you kill?

Auto Donk

.223 caliber is relatively small compared to most bullet sizes, geared to wound and not kill, particularly with non-lead ammo utilized in warfare, for two reasons: 1. humanitarian concerns, and 2. wounding with a small bullet that doesn't expand incapacitates not only the person hit by the bullet, but the soldiers required to remove him from the field of battle.......

personally, if i were to go off on local radical islamists causing a scene such as beheading an innocent neighbor, I'd prefer my trusty Remington 700 ADL 7mm mag, shooting a 140 grain LEAD bullet, with accutip....... my 3 x 9 scope is sighted in at 2" hi at 100, giving me a roughly level shot at 200 yds..... knowing the ballistics from there out to 400 yds makes me lethal certainly to that range with ease.........

please pull some shit around my parts, extreme jihadists (nw Houston)

recon1
    Yep

.223 caliber is relatively small compared to most bullet sizes, geared to wound and not kill, particularly with non-lead ammo utilized in warfare, for two reasons: 1. humanitarian concerns, and 2. wounding with a small bullet that doesn't expand incapacitates not only the person hit by the bullet, but the soldiers required to remove him from the field of battle.......

personally, if i were to go off on local radical islamists causing a scene such as beheading an innocent neighbor, I'd prefer my trusty Remington 700 ADL 7mm mag, shooting a 140 grain LEAD bullet, with accutip....... my 3 x 9 scope is sighted in at 2" hi at 100, giving me a roughly level shot at 200 yds..... knowing the ballistics from there out to 400 yds makes me lethal certainly to that range with ease.........

please pull some shit around my parts, extreme jihadists (nw Houston)
    .223/556 was ABSOLUTELY geared to kill. At several hundred meters a person hit in chest with that small pussy .223 would have an exit wound size of a softball. .223 is made for long range (battlefield) deployment. An operator can carry twice as much ammo as enemy who's usually carrying something in the .30 cal range.

Auto, you proabably know this, but Texas is ground zero for something nefarious. Have heard people in BP flat out say they are finding muslim prayer rugs, halal food and muslim propaganda tracks in the Texas border region. Now, they are not sure if they are moving on past Texas into the interior or actually staying in Texas, but with Texas having a rich history for not taking crap and loving firearms etc. Would Texas not be ground zero for an attack?

Was in Houston few years ago and it was like Mecca in some areas.

Auto Donk

haha..... i used to live on the 6th floor of the bayou lofts; right next door, down beneath me, was the Islamic D'Waii Center (owned by Hakeem O-larger-one; who I loved as a Rocket's fan.......

every friday, around 2 pm, that small parking lot would be all cabs, and nothing but islamists down below..... if shit had ever gone down while I lived there, my cousin and I would've bought a couple of cases of beer and been gunning down radicals from our 6th floor sniper's lair like it was opening day of deer season on the King Ranch........

i hope unrest breaks out here........

recon1
    Yep

haha..... i used to live on the 6th floor of the bayou lofts; right next door, down beneath me, was the Islamic D'Waii Center (owned by Hakeem O-larger-one; who I loved as a Rocket's fan.......

every friday, around 2 pm, that small parking lot would be all cabs, and nothing but islamists down below..... if shit had ever gone down while I lived there, my cousin and I would've bought a couple of cases of beer and been gunning down radicals from our 6th floor sniper's lair like it was opening day of deer season on the King Ranch........

i hope unrest breaks out here........
    You looking to be put on some type watch list with all that good ole fashion Texan talk. HAHA, i hear ya.

Just heard paco's peeps just burned alive 45 Iraqi people.

Auto Donk

I moved outta that lair years ago........ in the burbs now, but ready for ISIS and their sympathizers on a moment's notice.....

wish I was young enough to serve...... would love to snipe terrorists.......

none of the 97 whitetail bucks I've layed out (97 kills outta 99 opportunities) deserved to die; these pathetic terrorists have it coming....

bypass the age restriction, and i'll be on a dusty nutz rooftop doin' some good ASAP

recon1
    Yep

I moved outta that lair years ago........ in the burbs now, but ready for ISIS and their sympathizers on a moment's notice.....

wish I was young enough to serve...... would love to snipe terrorists.......

none of the 97 whitetail bucks I've layed out (97 kills outta 99 opportunities) deserved to die; these pathetic terrorists have it coming....

bypass the age restriction, and i'll be on a dusty nutz rooftop doin' some good ASAP
    I think we will fair well with folks like you in Texas Auto. Just hope we here in America don't go the way of the nutless ladyboys in Australia. I think the real Crocodile Dundee was the only man in that liberal wasteland that stood up and gave his weapons over bullets first.

Auto Donk

Hogs are like cockroaches after all that weaponry they'd still be destroying corn, fence and crops.

Forgot to ask you, how do you prepare the wild-hog you kill?
    do all my own butchering; generally make pork roasts out of the hind quarters; trimmings to small for cutlets or roasts get combined with about a 1/4 to 1/2 of boston butt off a reg pig for sausage (most wild hog is too lean to make sausage it of it only, like deer, best to add some pork off a domestic pig); back straps i generally treat like pork tenderloins you buy at the store;

the loins, generally saute them after thinly slicing them; cook them over a bed of "cooked down" red onions with garlic and some good spices (pork fajita seasoning goes good with this mix)

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/m...r-bra-holster/

America's first Bra holster victim?

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post

WHAT THE penetrate IS THAT

recon1
    Yep

do all my own butchering; generally make pork roasts out of the hind quarters; trimmings to small for cutlets or roasts get combined with about a 1/4 to 1/2 of boston butt off a reg pig for sausage (most wild hog is too lean to make sausage it of it only, like deer, best to add some pork off a domestic pig); back straps i generally treat like pork tenderloins you buy at the store;

the loins, generally saute them after thinly slicing them; cook them over a bed of "cooked down" red onions with garlic and some good spices (pork fajita seasoning goes good with this mix)
    Killing me man! I need to stock up. Living in part of country now where hogs have not become a big issue yet. They are nearby, but not where I'm at yet. Don't know if i want them here, but as they say, if life gives lemons, make lemonade.

recon1
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
    If i'm not mistaken that hog has a bit of controversy with it. An Alabama Father and Son were hunting and killed this hog, but hog was apparently a domestic hog/pet that got loose.

Auto Donk

If i'm not mistaken that hog has a bit of controversy with it. An Alabama Father and Son were hunting and killed this hog, but hog was apparently a domestic hog/pet that got loose.
    that's how the f'n s. tex hog problem got its start; domestic hogs getting loose and roaming wild....... typically, any hog loose is fair game....

now, if these hillbilly's were hunting on 25 acres and their next door neighbor was a hog farmer, and they should've known it was one of his domestics, I could see an issue arising.....

some dumbass doctor in s. tex had an 6 x 6 elk high fenced on 1,000 acres, and it got loose in a rare flood situation when the hi fence washed out, he tried to helicopter round-up the elk, but that didn't work...... Cant imagine the look on the hunter's face who saw a trophy elk come rolling out onto a sendero in the s. tex brush country........

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
    pretty sure it's Rosie O'Donnell

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

http://www.expeditersonline.com/foru...rab-print.html
    AR-15 ammo could get real scarce soon... I think that's the .223 caliber
    owned one... Not anymore

also .380 are my favorite.. Very comfortable and easy to control with repetitive fire....

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Is it because of how unpredictable the results are once entering the body ? Though I would think uncertainty isn't something that's wanted, just a body on the ground.

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    owned one... Not anymore

lol they want to ban them because they are "non-sporting rounds" and "can pierce vest"

these penetrating clowns, but hey.. just doing their job!!!

Hopefully the military remembers whose side they are supposed to be on, the unions(law enforcement) have forgot. ATF is much more like the FED though, they were never on our side to begin with.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

”Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.” -Franklin
    Last edited by brooks85; 02-19-15 at 04:12 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: brainfreeze

brainfreeze
    Meaning

lol they want to ban them because they are "non-sporting rounds" and "can pierce vest"

these penetrating clowns, but hey.. just doing their job!!!

”Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.” -Franklin
    We need these people out of office, and we need to remember this, the destruction that comes from hiring these types to run our country. I think a leader should be someone who understands everything, has been to war, has studied law and economics and has a track record of caring for the people, not hillary or jeb, ron Paul's son maybe, at least he can confide in his dad. They already spent millions trying to get the guns once, I'm sure more like them will be back, along with stuff like this... Banning ammo

mnwild11
    mnwild11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4005

Recon don't you live in MD? There is hog hunting in Virginia, I've been a few times myself.

brooks85

We need these people out of office, and we need to remember this, the destruction that comes from hiring these types to run our country. I think a leader should be someone who understands everything, has been to war, has studied law and economics and has a track record of caring for the people, not hillary or jeb, ron Paul's son maybe, at least he can confide in his dad. They already spent millions trying to get the guns once, I'm sure more like them will be back, along with stuff like this... Banning ammo
    Most certainly, unfortunately it is dependent on people realizing the fabricated fear when it comes to security and gun rights.

"make yourself into sheep and the wolves will eat you"

Also, I've never been to war but I can guarantee you no one could run this country better than me.

funny story about the ammo grab too. After the tragedy in Newtown and Obama's gleeful remarks to ban guns I bought 6k rounds of .308 in one order. So, six 1k boxes coming to me through UPS.

Well, some shithead, anti-american, pos, so blind by fear to realize what he is doing, decided to fill out whatever form UPS has to send me to the Department of Homeland Security. Got a visit from a local agent lol, your tax dollars hard at work! Better watch out for me tho, I might actually change this country.

Also, UPS on a separate order, dropped one of the 1k boxes and I was 27 rounds short, put the 973 rounds in a penetrating bag and finished shipping it lol!! Shithead workers, always wondered what the hell happened to those rounds. I bet whoever dropped the box shit a brick when it busted open haha

*Well, I thought it was funny. A truly useless, unnecessarily, overfunded department whose biggest claim to fame for protecting us is framing some idiot kid to try and blow up a van in Times Square. Thanks for you doing your job guys!!!
    Last edited by brooks85; 02-19-15 at 06:18 PM.

recon1
    Yep

owned one... Not anymore

also .380 are my favorite.. Very comfortable and easy to control with repetitive fire....
    The Federal criminals know the effects a 556/223 round will do to the plans they have for us, that's the real reason why they want it banned. I read the article and i especially like this part:
    The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives posted a proposed rule change Friday removing a previous exemption and banning the manufacture, import and sale of “5.56 mm (.223) SS109 and M855 ‘green tip’ ammunition containing a steel core,” saying it now considers it to be “non-sporting” handgun ammunition capable of penetrating protective vests worn by law enforcement officers. This latest development, ceding to law enforcement lobby interests, is prompted by the development of handguns capable of firing the cited ammunition.

The article says the .223 isn't for sporting purposes, well this is true to a point, but the Second Amendment has nothing to do with "Sporting" the Second is for stopping tyranny and lawless leaders along with foreign invaders.
    Last edited by recon1; 02-19-15 at 08:34 PM.

recon1
    Yep

Is it because of how unpredictable the results are once entering the body ? Though I would think uncertainty isn't something that's wanted, just a body on the ground.
    Mainly because the .22 is fairly quite (Hard to locate where it came from) very accurate, can hoard a large amount, person can carry large amount, Round is versatile (can be shot from pistols and rifles), less felt recoil allowing a shooter quicker follow up shots on target….could go on and on.

recon1
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by mnwild11 View Post
    Recon don't you live in MD? There is hog hunting in Virginia, I've been a few times myself.
    No, not from Maryland, but i have a camper and truck and a country boy can survive…..in other words i'll travel to where the hogs roam and kill if need be.

First 12