brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by khicks26 View Post
    No free money will not fix it.
    you just said the system is rigged to make the rich richer. Ok, so we take all the world's wealth and divide it equally, how about that?

khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18936

Who runs the country. Hint: its not Obama.

khicks26

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    you just said the system is rigged to make the rich richer. Ok, so we take all the world's wealth and divide it equally, how about that?
    No you level the playing field. Give everyone the same chance at the American Dream.

brooks85

ok, I just said that. We take the whole country's wealth then, evenly distribute it and that would be the definition of an equal playing field.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    They're called......wait for it...

ENTRY LEVEL JOBS

Not FUKN CAREERS
    $15 an hour is career money to you ???! That's not a lot of $$ guy if that's your career standard you have pretty fukkin low standards

khicks26

ok, I just said that. We take the whole country's wealth then, evenly distribute it and that would be the definition of an equal playing field.
    No an equal chance must come from people getting the right education, fair pay, without a rigged banking system. No one should be in debt for loans that take a life time to pay, out of college. What if the people who work in the factories own them.
    Last edited by khicks26; 09-10-14 at 06:01 PM.

brooks85

No an equal chance must come from people getting the right education, fair pay, without a rigged banking system. No one should be debt for loans that take a life time pay to out of college. What if the people who run the factories own them.
    so does your "equal chance" involve forcing people to go to school for a real degree?

khicks26

so does your "equal chance" involve forcing people to go to school for a real degree?
    Look i am not going to tell you everyone is a bust there ass kinda guy. Or smart enough to go to college. But there are a lot of people. Who don't get the chance to show that they are a hard worker. But yes you will always have the guy that wants a free ride. Been around since time began.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Big Macs and other 'proprietary meals' will always be the same whether you are in Manhattan Kansas or Manhattan NY...its not as if the 'chefs' at the golden arches hand craft each burger from scratch so their talent shines....machines do it down to the second with fries and sauces etc. Thats the business model of a chain...100% product consistency. And regarding costs...all figured in way ahead of time regionally and internationally its crazy the amounts of lettuce and tomatoes McDonalds orders by themselves....cant remember the exact stat but saw it on CNBC awhile back when they did a story on how McDonalds keeps so many independent farmers and factories and ranchers in business because of the millions of pounds of product they purchase....beef, vegetables, berries for the smoothies and so on.
    Meat tastes different all over the world chicken tasted different in Bangkok then in London and Scotland etc etc due to a number of factors I highly doubt mcdonalds distributors use the same group of cows for the world....but yet anywhere in the world a bigmac tastes the same....fukkin weird because a whopper tasted different and so did KFC and most all US fast food over seas.....mcdonalds is Frankenstein food though I already knew that we had to do science projects leaving the fries out to see if they mold...they didn't just turned rock hard.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    I thought you meant 40% actually make only the $10.74 in 2014 value. I get the price discrepency...I remember .99 gas an $1.50 milk etc....or in the 60's you could buy a new mustang for $2300 vs $30,000 now.

The minimum wage argument today though is taken out of context by 'supporting a family' as was stated by an above poster. If you have 3 kids, you're 40, and still haven't attained higher level of employment for whatever reason....you don't just deserve a higher wage as a default. minimum wage is a foot in the door to the work force....not a career achievement. Anyone who doesn't see that going in needs a good smack to the onion to snap them out of the confusion they have. There is a ceiling on how much the person pushing the button on the fryer can make as well as the person taking the order at the counter...you dont mow yards for cash in high school and get $50 for three yards on your street and somehow imagine that if you just wait it out...do a great job on the edging...that one day in a few years, the homeowner will start paying you $300 per cut, then $500 until you can retire right? Fast food is a jump off....its up to the worker to gain some level of skill or education to climb and compete. Not rocket science. I'm sorry but I can't feel bad for the person who never learns anything other than entry level skills and expects to be rewarded....theres another reason why its such a small % who earn minimum wage yet to listen to this debate you'd think everyone in America squeezes by on the wage.
    fast food isnt a jumpoff average age of workers is 29

only an idiot would assume that someone who is 40 with a family and doesnt already have a good job doesnt deserve it

Stocks
    Stocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

How much money do all these people making min wager get from the government? If you have a family and your only making min wager your probably getting some type of subsidy from the government so that is costing everyone else money. Why not make corporations pay for this by raising the min wage instead of tax payers. Also if you raised the min wager it would help the economy because poor people literally have to spend all their money to live so all poor peoples money goes right back into the system of buying stuff and creating jobs. By the way I'm from Newfoundland that's in Canada and maybe 6 or 7 years ago min wager here was like $7.00 and it got raised fairly quickly to $10 and guess what the world didn't implode everything was fine no big difference for normal people but I'm guessing it was a pretty big difference to the people who got the raise. By the way most people here supported it and it wasn't a big deal unlike you guys in the States who just keep drinking the Kool-Aid of the rich and so called job creators who have some how convinced average Americans that things like this that will make their lives better is unpatriotic or will kill jobs while they sit in their big fancy houses just counting their money and laughing at how stupid you are.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: brainfreeze, and TheGoldenGoose

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post

only an idiot would assume that someone who is 40 with a family and doesnt already have a good job doesnt deserve it
    We'll said

khicks26

Quote Originally Posted by Stocks View Post
    How much money do all these people making min wager get from the government? If you have a family and your only making min wager your probably getting some type of subsidy from the government so that is costing everyone else money. Why not make corporations pay for this by raising the min wage instead of tax payers. Also if you raised the min wager it would help the economy because poor people literally have to spend all their money to live so all poor peoples money goes right back into the system of buying stuff and creating jobs. By the way I'm from Newfoundland that's in Canada and maybe 6 or 7 years ago min wager here was like $7.00 and it got raised fairly quickly to $10 and guess what the world didn't implode everything was fine no big difference for normal people but I'm guessing it was a pretty big difference to the people who got the raise. By the way most people here supported it and it wasn't a big deal unlike you guys in the States who just keep drinking the Kool-Aid of the rich and so called job creators who have some how convinced average Americans that things like this that will make their lives better is unpatriotic or will kill jobs while they sit in their big fancy houses just counting their money and laughing at how stupid you are.
    Right on bro, notice how your banks didn't collapse in the banking crisis. Because Canada was smart enough to keep the regulations of the New Deal in place.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Meat tastes different all over the world chicken tasted different in Bangkok then in London and Scotland etc etc due to a number of factors I highly doubt mcdonalds distributors use the same group of cows for the world....but yet anywhere in the world a bigmac tastes the same....fukkin weird because a whopper tasted different and so did KFC and most all US fast food over seas.....mcdonalds is Frankenstein food though I already knew that we had to do science projects leaving the fries out to see if they mold...they didn't just turned rock hard.
    That 'secret sauce' or 'sandwich spread' as I've seen it sold in bottles in grocery stores over the years? And yea never tried the out of bag experiment on Mickey D's but remember Krystal burgers in college...order them shitts at 2:30 am and by noon when you woke up the next day hungover the meat patty ( if thats what you wanna call it) would be curled up into a different shape

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post

If you're 29 and STILL working at McDonlads (not talking about people in between work who dip in for a paycheck for a month or two until new job) and that is your only aspiration....so you just say this is as good as its gonna get...better picket for a higher wage...no you don't deserve the raise. Apply for manager or something...sure...but just because you took life off and never did anything to stop that fail....doesn't mean society is mean because they don't want to just hand you a salary and don't start a family until you can support one...whao how hard is that? What's the difference between a Domino's pizza and the driver that delivers it? The Pizza can feed a family of 4....

teaserpleaser

All you Utopian thinkers....

What do you say to the kid (poor, black, fat, Spanish, Chinese, White, Indian) that wants to work. That has more drive in his pinky than Lamont, the 40 year old at the register. That has a better work ethic. But can't find a job while in school or just out, because so many idiots like Lamont want to make careers out of fast food jobs?
    Once again like the $15 being a lot of money where do you live? I'll ask another where do you live where it's not immigrants or high school and or college kids working fast food... Nobody I know born in the USA is trying to make a career out of fast food other than say at in n out they pay their managers well and take care of their employees.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

$15 an hour is career money to you ???! That's not a lot of $$ guy if that's your career standard you have pretty fukkin low standards
    $15 is a LOT of money for what is suppose to be an ENTRY LEVEL JOB

I/O

Once again like the $15 being a lot of money where do you live? I'll ask another where do you live where it's not immigrants or high school college kids working fast food... Nobody I know born in the USA is trying to make a career out of fast food other than say at in n out they pay their managers well and take care of their employees.
    Then you obviously don't get out much or are aware of the fast food work force

teaserpleaser

Then you obviously don't get out much or are aware of the fast food work force
    That or i live in southern cal where all those jobs go to immigrants and kids for the most part....mostly immigrants it's been since the 90s since I've seen black or white people working at a jack n the box, or mcdonalds etc etc ....I was in Seattle for the last naga was a trip seeing Americans filling those jobs like a trip back in time.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

If Minimum wage increased to $15 tomorrow, millions of people would lose their jobs because employers would only favor strong employees who are efficient and the rest would be let go.

The increase to $15 would have to be gradual over time. Instant increase would cause businesses to fold. Especially ones that make very little profit already.

Sure maybe McDonalds could probably afford it, but Uncle Joe's Burger Shack down the street that has been in business since 1960 would go out of business over night.

teaserpleaser

$15 is a LOT of money for what is suppose to be an ENTRY LEVEL JOB
    I guess if you live in Midwest or down south that's a lot of $$ to you out here it is not you would be just getting by on $15 an hour most likely with a roommate or living at home or immigrant style. Now maybe you understand that I do get out often and why those jobs are filled by immigrants because they won't pay for the so cal lifestyle that's for sure. No 40 year old soccer moms working at the ** out here trying to make ends meet lmao

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    If Minimum wage increased to $15 tomorrow, millions of people would lose their jobs because employers would only favor strong employees who are efficient and the rest would be let go.

The increase to $15 would have to be gradual over time. Instant increase would cause businesses to fold. Especially ones that make very little profit already.

Sure maybe McDonalds could probably afford it, but Uncle Joe's Burger shack down the street that has been in business since 1960 would go out of business over night.
    Let's see how it works out in Seattle in a few years ....a lot of places moving towards 12-15$ min wage

khicks26

Sure maybe McDonalds could probably afford it, but Uncle Joe's Burger Shack down the street that has been in business since 1960 would go out of business over night.
    That's how they are doing it Seattle. I think it takes 4 years to get to $15 an hr. Everyone is fine with it, even small business.

brooks85

Look i am not going to tell you everyone is a bust there ass kinda guy. Or smart enough to go to college. But there are a lot of people. Who don't get the chance to show that they are a hard worker. But yes you will always have the guy that wants a free ride. Been around since time began.
    you're starting to get it.

The issue isn't anything but natural. You can make all the changes you want and it will never go away, especially with how the demographics are changing in this country.

Kermit

If the wage goes up, the quality will surely go down if the price isn't increased.

What was once Grade A Beef being served is now questionable if it even comes from a cow.

I worked almost 1/2 of my life(at the time I quit and moved on) in the restaurant industry(91 to 2007) and I know what happens when restaurants begin to struggle with Payroll/Food Cost/Overhead.

Kermit

That's how they are doing it Seattle. I think it takes 4 years to get to $15 an hr. Everyone is fine with it, even small business.
    Well if it is gradual, then it wouldn't sting as bad. What is the current min wage there now?

I/O

I guess if you live in Midwest or down south that's a lot of $$ to you out here it is not you would be just getting by on $15 an hour most likely with a roommate or living at home or immigrant style. Now maybe you understand that I do get out often and why those jobs are filled by immigrants because they won't pay for the so cal lifestyle that's for sure. No 40 year old soccer moms working at the ** out here trying to make ends meet lmao
    There ain't soccer moms marching in all those union rallies there was recently across the country.

khicks26

So you make your conclusions based on the few, for all. This has been going on a long time yes. People will rise up as in the past. Its a cycle. Things have changed before, Andrew Jackson, Teddy Roosevelt, and FDR all changed things for the better, by limiting the power of the rich. To sit there and say that's how it has to be is a cop-out.

I/O

Well if it is gradual, then it wouldn't sting as bad. What is the current min wage there now?
    Cost of living in Seattle is prolly higher than the rest of the country. Step daughter lives there (SW Seattle) . Her hubby is in the internet racket and they could never afford to buy a house.

khicks26

Not sure, but i think its at or over $10.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9233

$15 min wage in Seattle I thought.

But it's not really only about the workers on the minimum wage, it's about pushing all wages above that higher too. Basically every salaried employee, but not the contracted ones like senior management.

It closes the wealth gap a little.

And for the person that said it cant work to pay fast food workers more than tradesmen. Carpenters and skilled tradesman should not be only earning $10/hr is a rich society the same as fast food workers should not be asked to try and live on $7/hr.

That's what you need to think about. Valuing the people, You, more highly.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    $15 min wage in Seattle I thought.

But it's not really only about the workers on the minimum wage, it's about pushing all wages above that higher too. Basically every salaried employee, but not the contracted ones like senior management.

It closes the wealth gap a little.

And for the person that said it cant work to pay fast food workers more than tradesmen. Carpenters and skilled tradesman should not be only earning $10/hr is a rich society the same as fast food workers should not be asked to try and live on $7/hr.

That's what you need to think about. Valuing the people, You, more highly.
    I know Seattle voted it in...but not sure its in effect yet...think I heard them say it would be phased in over time not just jump immediately but check me on that.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by marcoloco View Post

Seeing moronic crap like this confirms that I shouldn't even bother to get up in the morning.

What's worse is I bet the ignorant fukk who can't even spell "fries" has gotten laid plenty over the last 2,803 days.

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

How much do the presidents and boards of these Co. make off profit?

First 1234567 ... Last