Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by magyarsvensk View Post
    Never? That was practically all people could talk about a year or two ago when Edward Snowden was becoming a household name.

The NYPD probably would have argued that their murder victim was reaching for the officer's gun as well if it hadn't been caught on video. The Fruitvale victim was pretty threatening handcuffed on the ground when he got shot, It's crazy how many black people reach for a cop's gun.

We we all have prejudice, myself included. The difference is whether you make an effort to be fair or not. Or in the case of some people on this thread, it seems that some take pride in their prejudice. Sick stuff indeed.

Yea, I've never heard any of friends/family anyone complain about taped calls...Probably because they don't give a damn.
    I didn't care for that pride and prejudice movie, so I don't get the quote.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane1091 View Post
    I hate the race thing. Cop pulled me over? Cuz I'm black. Like what?

I've been pulled over at 3AM going to work multiple times. No tickets but I didn't make an excuse why I got pulled over. Cops stop people. It's what they do. I'm so sick of the "cuz I'm black" excuse. What if I used the "cuz I'm white" excuse if a black cop pulled me over?
    Then that would be your prerogative.

Ted Sheckler

Who else deserves to die because you took a cursory look at their life and decided it was worthless? Why stop here?

Drunk driving and killing another person?
    Shooting up a school and not killing yourself when you're done.
    Murdering someone else.
    Caught outside with an unregistered gun.
    Rape.
    Breaking into a house to steal something that someone else worked hard for.
    Should I keep going?
    Last edited by Ted Sheckler; 08-18-14 at 03:03 PM.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

LOL 21 pages of this shit. Unbelievable.

magyarsvensk
    magyarsvensk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane1091 View Post
    I'm so sick of the "cuz I'm black" excuse. What if I used the "cuz I'm white" excuse if a black cop pulled me over?
    If it were just getting pulled over, I could see your point, but prejudice permeates every aspect of a black person's life. Can't walk into a store without being suspected of stealing something, can't take your kids to a playground without other parents telling you to watch them closer, cant get service at restaurants, can't go to college without being written off as a beneficiary of affirmative action.....the list is endless, but basically comes down to can't enjoy the same life that a white person does.

Black Americans laugh off so much of these things, and then when someone gets murdered and they speak up about it, the Fox News crowd tries to shout them down as whiners and complainers. People who complain about not getting seated fast enough at their country club are upset that black people protest cops (and sometimes self-proclaimed neighborhood watch idiots) shooting their kids. Ironic, huh?

magyarsvensk

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
    Drunk driving and killing another person?
    Shooting up a school and not killing yourself when you're done.
    Murdering someone else.
    Caught outside with an unregistered gun.
    Rape.
    Breaking into a house to steal something that someone else worked hard for.
    Should I keep going?
    these are all shot on sight crimes? Even so, they sound more serious than robbing a liquor store.

ItsMeMrMattE
    puttin 2 cents in for 3 out
    ItsMeMrMattE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1079

can anyone come up with a good reason for all cops not being required to wear a camera and carry a stun gun?

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

If it were just getting pulled over, I could see your point, but prejudice permeates every aspect of a black person's life. Can't walk into a store without being suspected of stealing something, can't take your kids to a playground without other parents telling you to watch them closer, cant get service at restaurants, can't go to college without being written off as a beneficiary of affirmative action.....the list is endless, but basically comes down to can't enjoy the same life that a white person does.

Black Americans laugh off so much of these things, and then when someone gets murdered and they speak up about it, the Fox News crowd tries to shout them down as whiners and complainers. People who complain about not getting seated fast enough at their country club are upset that black people protest cops (and sometimes self-proclaimed neighborhood watch idiots) shooting their kids. Ironic, huh?
    Want some cheese with that wine? All stereotypical BS talking points. I assure you black folk are 10x's more racist than whites or hispanics.
    Dude, buy yourself a dog name it 'clue' then maybe you'd have one.

Ted Sheckler

these are all shot on sight crimes? Even so, they sound more serious than robbing a liquor store.

Of course not shot on sight....Bring the people in to local high schools and do a big demonstration and the shoot them. Put some fear in the kids that they shouldn't do things that they know are wrong. Robbing a liqour store and and intimidating the half the size 70 year old clerk? Goddamn right it deserves to get shot.

Do I want someone to think it's ok to intimidate and steal from my grandparents just because they're old and the people think they're an easy target? People nowadays would spend what a year in jail if that for breaking into a house and stealing things that others worked hard for? Time to show people that it's not ok to do that. ALL of them should die...They will NEVER amount to anything.

You think that people that kill someone drunk driving should live?
    You think someone comes in and rapes your family member, they should spend the rest of their life in prison? Or who knows 10 years?

Overcrowded prisons nowadays, make them uncrowded and not by letting lowlife pieces of shit go free.

Ted Sheckler

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMeMrMattE View Post
    can anyone come up with a good reason for all cops not being required to wear a camera and carry a stun gun?
    Money, cost to keep up with all the tapes/equipment. Small towns probaly don't have the funds. But I agree, it would be nice, then we'd never have to see things like this.

jtoler

Hit the nail on the head.

magyarsvensk

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    Want some cheese with that wine? All stereotypical BS talking points. I assure you black folk are 10x's more racist than whites or hispanics.
    Dude, buy yourself a dog name it 'clue' then maybe you'd have one.
    Lets entertain your idiotic notion for a bit and assume that black people are more racist than you are. What difference would it make? Is a racist black person going to fire you? Are they going to deny you a table at a restaurant? Are they going to call the cops on you when you are walking down the street minding your own business?

It's unfortunate that the human brain was not programmed to reason, but it's sad when people don't even try to do so.

magyarsvensk

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
    Of course not shot on sight....Bring the people in to local high schools and do a big demonstration and the shoot them. Put some fear in the kids that they shouldn't do things that they know are wrong. Robbing a liqour store and and intimidating the half the size 70 year old clerk? Goddamn right it deserves to get shot.

Do I want someone to think it's ok to intimidate and steal from my grandparents just because they're old and the people think they're an easy target? People nowadays would spend what a year in jail if that for breaking into a house and stealing things that others worked hard for? Time to show people that it's not ok to do that. ALL of them should die...They will NEVER amount to anything.

You think that people that kill someone drunk driving should live?
    You think someone comes in and rapes your family member, they should spend the rest of their life in prison? Or who knows 10 years?

Overcrowded prisons nowadays, make them uncrowded and not by letting lowlife pieces of shit go free.
    I am on your side about tough on crime (not to that extent of course), but a robust justice system needs to accompany that. Just look at how many death row inmates have been exonerated on DNA evidence. Think about how many were wrongfully executed before DNA evidence existed.

recon1
    Yep

Lets entertain your idiotic notion for a bit and assume that black people are more racist than you are. What difference would it make? Is a racist black person going to fire you? Are they going to deny you a table at a restaurant? Are they going to call the cops on you when you are walking down the street minding your own business?

It's unfortunate that the human brain was not programmed to reason, but it's sad when people don't even try to do so.
    Hey, lunatic, your not talking "reason" as you say, you're talking BS stereotypical myth talking points. I am no racist….although, i am a realist who calls it like i see it. I don't live in fantasy land like you.

Ted Sheckler

I am on your side about tough on crime (not to that extent of course), but a robust justice system needs to accompany that. Just look at how many death row inmates have been exonerated on DNA evidence. Think about how many were wrongfully executed before DNA evidence existed.

Of course I don't actually believe they should be shot, that's ridiculous. But prisons are over populated, people getting out on shorter terms for "lesser" crimes. You're right, there have been plenty of brothers wrongfully held in prison for XX amount of years, system is fuked up, I still don't understand how someone can be held for 20+ years then all of a sudden new DNA evidence shows not guilty...Why in the fuk didn't they figure that out 25 years ago, or did they just need someone to put in prison to make the white family happy?

There should be no "life" in prison sentence...Every month they should fly a plane to an unknown island that nobody knows about and dump the people. No trees, so they could never build a boat to leave. Just lions on the island and the pieces of shit that did something to deserve life in prison. Clears prison space to hold some of these guys longer so they would think twice about doing these crimes, knowing that they'll get longer than 6 months in jail.

ItsMeMrMattE

@Ted Sheckler ya the money reason is the only thing i ever here, but that doesn't really hold up. the technology for small cameras and data storage is really cheap and getting cheaper. a reallocation of tax dollars and no more frivolous purchases of military equipment by these small departments would free up more than enough resources to make this happen. the only reason its not already here is because majority of people in law enforcement do not want it. they enjoy the feeling of being in a position of authority that doesn't always have to follow the same accountability guidelines as a normal civilian. a lot of cops would be in jail right now if everything they did was recorded and available to civilians upon request. why do you think there are already so many videos out there already where cops get pissed and take it personally when someone simply points a camera at them?

jtoler

why do you think there are already so many videos out there already where cops get pissed and take it personally when someone simply points a camera at them?
    Haha those vids are funny.

magyarsvensk

Hey, lunatic, your not talking "reason" as you say, you're talking BS stereotypical myth talking points. I am no racist….although, i am a realist who calls it like i see it. I don't live in fantasy land like you.
    All of the things that I mentioned are what I have witnessed first hand, Einstein. You think I'm making it up? Most recently, the hostess at Cheesecake Factory ignored my wife and I and started talking to the people behind us in line. I was ready to burn the place to the ground, but she talked some sense into me. The thing is, I'm not used to being treated like that. She is. It's totally and completely normal. And that's in California; I can't imagine what it is like in other states.

It's easy for racists to say that black people need to just suck it up and pull themselves up by their bootstraps, but trust me, you wouldn't last a day as a black person. Just the blatant disrespect alone is enough to make me count my blessings that I don't have to endure what they endure.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Is a racist black person going to fire you?
    not that strange
    been fired by black manager. was not racist, but he preferred to hire and keep the blacks and i got cut

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Ferguson residents don't work or what?

Ted Sheckler

@Ted Sheckler ya the money reason is the only thing i ever here, but that doesn't really hold up. the technology for small cameras and data storage is really cheap and getting cheaper. a reallocation of tax dollars and no more frivolous purchases of military equipment by these small departments would free up more than enough resources to make this happen. the only reason its not already here is because majority of people in law enforcement do not want it. they enjoy the feeling of being in a position of authority that doesn't always have to follow the same accountability guidelines as a normal civilian. a lot of cops would be in jail right now if everything they did was recorded and available to civilians upon request. why do you think there are already so many videos out there already where cops get pissed and take it personally when someone simply points a camera at them?

That's probably true as well...More cops against videos of them taking "action".

One thing on a chest/helmet type cam...I could see a situation like this where the guy "forgot" to turn it on or something happened that it didn't record. You can't record a person and store 12 hours of video everyday then log it/whatever and store it. Imagine 10 cops (very small town) for 12 hours a day each. You're looking at transferring multiple gigs of video and storing it for years. I know harddrives are cheap now, but still.

ItsMeMrMattE

@tony_come lol. thats what ive been thinking this whole time too. no one works or sleeps there apparently.

Ted Sheckler

All of the things that I mentioned are what I have witnessed first hand, Einstein. You think I'm making it up? Most recently, the hostess at Cheesecake Factory ignored my wife and I and started talking to the people behind us in line. I was ready to burn the place to the ground, but she talked some sense into me. The thing is, I'm not used to being treated like that. She is. It's totally and completely normal. And that's in California; I can't imagine what it is like in other states.

It's easy for racists to say that black people need to just suck it up and pull themselves up by their bootstraps, but trust me, you wouldn't last a day as a black person. Just the blatant disrespect alone is enough to make me count my blessings that I don't have to endure what they endure.

I was just in Milwaukee last weekend and the white bartender asked my black friend what he wanted before me. I said "bitch do you know I'm white" and I threw down my foodstamps to pay and he threw down a 100 dollar bill...She looked at us weird. Then when she gave the change I took it and he picked up the food stamps and she laughed and said "I knew it, you 2 jokesters"

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

How did they get the toxicology reports back already? Last night they said it would be 4 weeks?

ItsMeMrMattE

@Ted Sheckler the cops would not have the ability to turn it off or on. i don't know how cops sign in and out of work but it would be simple to have the camera turn on and off automatically when lets say they punch the time card in and out. as for storing the footage they already have that ability. get rid of the dash cams. no need for that if your seeing exactly what the cop is seeing and use the space that would free up to store the footage from wearable cameras.

jtoler

Gonna turn my camera phone on if Im pulled over again, gotta do something against crooked cops. This is nothing, just recent, Ive seen far worse when people record cops.

Ted Sheckler

@Ted Sheckler the cops would not have the ability to turn it off or on. i don't know how cops sign in and out of work but it would be simple to have the camera turn on and off automatically when lets say they punch the time card in and out. as for storing the footage they already have that ability. get rid of the dash cams. no need for that if your seeing exactly what the cop is seeing and use the space that would free up to store the footage from wearable cameras.

Ahhh good thinking with the storage, just dump the dash cams...But then what if a cop is looking down at his phone sending a dick pic and crashes into someone, you'd with he had the dash cam then, because not always are the cops eyes on the road (laptop/phone/whatever)

I'm sure the PD's that already have head cams have a thing figured out.

recon1
    Yep

You paint with a broad stroke. Calling people "Racist" is racist to me.
    To bad bro you feel like your women was disrespected in a Cheese cake factory, but don't assumme others don't know what its like to be married/dating a minority. My Wife is Colombian and we've faced some adversity, but difference is: i see those who offend as individuals and so does she and the thought of "burning down" someones business makes you worse than the person who allegedlly offended you in the first place.
    You think only white people can be "Racist" you are only fooling yourself. Try being latin from South America (or any other latin country for that matter) go visit Spain and see how the Spaniards treat other Latinos and that shit isn't hidden racism either.
    I think it is fair to say that most U.S. inner cities such as Ferguson, Missouri the blacks do not like whites for nothing more than being white. I find white people more appeasing and just try and get along. Good-luck with your hate and try doing a ride along with an inner city police department one day, you may see things diffrently.

recon1
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Gonna turn my camera phone on if Im pulled over again, gotta do something against crooked cops. This is nothing, just recent, Ive seen far worse when people record cops.
    Always record interactions with police….nothing wrong with that, if cop becomes offended that would worry me more-so.

recon1
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Always record interactions with police….nothing wrong with that, if cop becomes offended that would worry me more-so.

jtoler

Tons of vids on youtube where they become offended and arrest, Ive seen some where the cop says they are above the law, Ive been pulled over for tint too dark before years ago, thankfully this crap didnt happen.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

I wish they would. would make things so much easier in all these cases. Cuts out all the bad apples and better yet, lets law enforcement be better because they dont have to second guess EVERY second of wondering what someone will think if they believe a car full of suspects over them or not. Video will say it all.

magyarsvensk

You paint with a broad stroke. Calling people "Racist" is racist to me.
    To bad bro you feel like your women was disrespected in a Cheese cake factory, but don't assumme others don't know what its like to be married/dating a minority. My Wife is Colombian and we've faced some adversity, but difference is: i see those who offend as individuals and so does she and the thought of "burning down" someones business makes you worse than the person who allegedlly offended you in the first place.
    You think only white people can be "Racist" you are only fooling yourself. Try being latin from South America (or any other latin country for that matter) go visit Spain and see how the Spaniards treat other Latinos and that shit isn't hidden racism either.
    I think it is fair to say that most U.S. inner cities such as Ferguson, Missouri the blacks do not like whites for nothing more than being white. I find white people more appeasing and just try and get along. Good-luck with your hate and try doing a ride along with an inner city police department one day, you may see things diffrently.
    Who are you talking to? I didn't say that no one else knows what it's like to be with a minority, nor did I say that only white people can be racist (on the contrary, I said that everyone has prejudice, myself included).... Also, my hyperbole seems to be lost on you....you honestly think I literally wanted to burn the place down?

If you have to go to Spain to experience "racism" (even though your wife is white) then that is a pretty good deal. My point is that black people experience racism every day, right here in the land of the "free".

magyarsvensk

Also, how is calling people racist racist? Doesn't make any sense at all. You don't like people who call injustice to your attention, fine, but at least open up a dictionary and find a word for it.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Who are you talking to? I didn't say that no one else knows what it's like to be with a minority, nor did I say that only white people can be racist (on the contrary, I said that everyone has prejudice, myself included).... Also, my hyperbole seems to be lost on you....you honestly think I literally wanted to burn the place down?

If you have to go to Spain to experience "racism" (even though your wife is white) then that is a pretty good deal. My point is that black people experience racism every day, right here in the land of the "free".

90% of cases where blacks see racism in 2014 is self fulfilling prophecy though. Workplace or hiring, criminal justice, education etc.

Victim card is getting old.

First ... 18192021222324 ... Last